Right Smack in the Middle of the Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
She frowned as he began walking away, but turned to the girl. "I apologize if that was the wrong thing to do.." She murmured, rubbing the back of her neck.

"You didn't do anything wrong," she half smiled at the girl, then spun back to the vampire.
"Leaving now?" she asked with a sarcastically dark tone.

Ryder walked away but not to far, he leaned against a tree, he was hungry and he wanted blood..so much blood, he could practically hear the heartbeats of the two, he sighed and watched as the shadows on the other side dissapeared

She nodded with a new smile. "Okay, good. Glad I could help." Then she turrned to the direction he had walked off to.

Ryder tried to fight the urge to walk back but it didn't work insteaad he found himself walking back, his eyes were red and he stared the the vampire hunter

" i guess now im back"

he cringed in pain slightly but regained posture and stood waiting.

Her sword hummed in her hand.
"It's getting harder isn't it..." a smirk almost crept onto her lips. She was furious at herself for letting him take advantage of her. Now she just wanted him gone.

A smile formed on his lips as he krept into her thoughts, he laughed slightly and walked over to her keeping a good distance between them as he placed one hand in his pocket

" are you sure you want me gone? i mean your action speaks louder then your words"

Her eyes narrowed. I forgot that you could infiltrate my mind, She thought directly to him.
She tightened the grip on her sword.
"You just took me by surprise... it will Not happen again."

He laughed again, his eyes glaring at her's, he stayed in his position looking around he looked at her and took a step back his red eyes draining from the color going back to normal

" im not gonna risk everything i worked on to keep me calm, i know you want to prove that im like evey other vampire but im not!?"

He started getting fustrated with the fact that she thought he was like the rest.

Well, well... I thought that would break you.
Chaos lowered her weapon an inch.
"I know."

He looked at her cautiously he ran his hand through his hair before speaking

" if you know im diffrent then why try to fight me? why try to act like what happened between us was so wrong?"

He waited

"She hunts you, how would it be right?" She chimed in, slightly raising an eyebrow.

"Exactly. Remember what I am," she hesitated, "whether I enjoyed that... moment or not, my kind is not meant to mix with yours. Our job is to destroy you if you become a problem. Other than that, we're supposed to stay clear of one another," she put her sword back, then folded her arms.
"You're obviously different, I see that now. The question is, why?"
So many questions in one day, she frowned.

Ryder felt the cool wind against his chest as he felt it he looked at her his eyes wandered breifly before walking a bit closer no more than and extra step foward he though about the question

"im diffrent because i wanted to decide my own path instead of doing what my clan wants, i choose to live this way because everyone intitlled to their own destiny"

He sighed breiftly.

"Everyone is entitled to make their own path, that's true. But when a tree decides it wants to fly..." Chaos advanced towards him, stopping a about three feet away.
"I never caught your name..." she spoke in a gentler voice.

He looked at her as she spoke it wasn't as brash as cold as before, it almost sounded like she actualy cared, he extened his L.hand

" the names Ryder and you?"

"Chaos," she glanced down at his hand for a second, then accepted it. There was a short period of silence before she spoke up again.
"So... what do you do? You have to feed in order to survive..." she tilted her head.

"chaos" he repeated letting it sink in, he looked down breiftly as he kicked a nearby rock

" i feed on animals like deer"

He watched her reaction

There was something about the woods that Åtsel loved... The calm, peace, and vibrant life surrounded him like a warm blanket. His brown hooded cloak hung loosely on his shoulders, the hood thrown back to feel the woodland breeze through his stark white shock of hair. A powerful curiosity drew him to these woods and he followed it; not quite sure where he was now but certain he was drawing closer to whatever he was meant to find. Åtsel smiled brightly, happy for the day, and closed his grey eyes to look about him. Hundreds of small pinpricks of light danced the never ending cycle of life as they went about their daily routines: insects, tiny mammals, and birds moved about as if on cue. It made Åtsel smile again to be a part of this secret world, to be able to watch the smallest life's progress. One of the mid-sized lights suddenly wavered, and Åtsel frowned. He opened his eyes to see a wood mouse being bitten by a snake and beginning to be swallowed. His eyes closed again and he watched as the life of the mouse bolstered the aura of the snake, giving it the energy it needed to live. That was life.

Åtsel felt his glamour spell waver, and only after pulling up his sleeve saw that it had fixed itself. His arm was pure, perfect skin. A quick whisper of another spell and the glamour was reapplied. Nearby creatures shied away, even the insects scurried under leaves and back into hollowed trees. They did not want to be near that magic. It hurt Åtsel's heart to see this, but he knew it was necessary. One never knew who you would run into out in the woods... Just as he set off again a voice carried to him, followed by another. He turned towards them and began to walk; curiosity, as usual, overwhelming him.

"Oh," she said with as little surprise as possible.
That can be done? Why don't all vampires do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.