Right Smack in the Middle of the Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryder walked slowly till he came to a lake, he had sense that the girl was following him but he wasnt the one to fight, especially in his condition,why wont she quit? dosent she know i dont want to harm her? Ryder thought to himself, griping his chest again he knew the pain was becoming unbarable, he sat and leaned his body against the hollow tree.

Chaos sat in the grass, almost letting her guard down completely. She was still far enough away for a vampire to not sense her, but that only helped if it hadn't already. I could simply challenge him... he's weak and it'd be an easy battle. She mentally went over her training. But then my smell could set him off and he might lash out, that's too dangerous... If she did destroy him, it would be her third kill as a young vampire hunter. She stood, letting the tip of her sword touch the ground, and stepped away from the tree.
"Why are you here... Vampire." she asked, calling out to him.

Ryder heard a voice lifting his head up to see the girl from a distance with her weapon his eyes lost there red clolor showing his gental brown eyes, damn i cant get to close mabey if i play this out i wont harm her. Ryder stood up wincing, look im not here to fight, he spoke i..i just want to be alone..like always..im a monster, he looked away shifting his view to the leaves infront him.

"Creatures like you are not allowed in this for-" she stopped as what he said sunk in. A vampire who thinks he is a monster? Odd...
"As a hunter... I can not allow you to be here," Chaos continued, faking a more authoritative voice. Why is he not attacking me right now? Should not the thirst drive off his sanity? How does he control it? More importantly... why?

he sighed "i have nowhere else to go" looking at her weakly his eyes travaled down to the girls neck, as he looked the sharp pain kicked in god this is getting hard to control but i wont give in look he shifted his gaze back to her eyes, i dont want to hurt you so please..let me be, Ryder cringed once more knowing the pain would make him a monster soon.

"Unfortunately..." Chaos took a few steps closer, raising her sword, "for you, I can not let you live if you stay here. You should have stayed in the shadows with your disgusting, criminal friends," she stopped five feet from him, her weapon pulsed with angry energy. "If you struggle, the pain will only last longer." Her eyes narrowed.

He sighed, im no criminal, i dont feed but like i said before i dont want to harm you damn this girl is stuborn seeing as she was close..to close his eyes went back to their red clolor, in one swift movement he was behind her, he'd grip the sword and fling it out of her hands, " i dont want to hurt you"

Chaos spun around and stumbled back. She cursed under her breath for letter her guard down that far.
"You... a vampire. You don't want to hurt me?" She scoffed, "lying, bloodthirsty demons, that is all your kind are."

He gently took a hold of her wrist, if i was to hurt you dont you think think i would have done it by now? ive only feed on the animals but..i need blood from a human and i promised myself i wouldnt..ive gone weeks without it..i dont want to harm you so please damn this urge is gonna get me real soon if she stays here.

Chaos pulled away from his grasp, "Feeding only on animals? How do I know you are not just trying to deceive me?" she took a sly step back, towards her sword.
"Anyway I can tell that your hunger is killing you, if I let you stay in these woods - not only would I lose my rank, but a human could easily cross your path..." she stepped back again. "That would not be good, now would it, vampire?" One more step and Chaos would be able to reach her weapon.

He eyed her closley and reached and grabed her pressing her up against the tree " honestly you are quite amusing and tempting but like i said i i had been feeding on human i would have killed you by now, dont you wonder why i havent attacked? its because like i said before i dont want to harm you, Ryder would lean and wisper in her ear "nobody has to know"

Chaos froze, her mind going blank. Vampires are monsters, he is tricking me. Vampires are monsters... he is tricking me? Vampires... is he tricking me?
She quickly shook her head and - putting her arms up, slipped down out of his hold. She then rolled over to her blade and picked it up in one swift motion.
"Fine. I believe you," she lied, "but I still can not leave you here in the forest with the possibility..." she trailed off, knowing he would understand.
"So, like it or not, I will continue following you," she smirked, spinning her sword to activate the spell that would hide the scent of her blood.

Fine follow be but when i cant control myself any longer i dont want you hurt, he spoke in a gental tone, Ryder watched the fmale and the sword before he continued to walk why is she so diffrent from the rest?

female i mean

When you can't control yourself any longer... that's when I will be forced to kill you. Chaos slid her sword into it's place on her back, but left it unlatched for easy access.
"Fine," she whispered, knowing that she would have to destroy him eventually. How is he so... human? She asked herself, remembering her other experiences with vampires, especially her first one.

"Stay with the rest of the group, Chaos," Doctor Brady smiled, ruffling the young girl's short black hair.
"I won't go too far, Uncle! Anyway I'm a hunter now. I can take anything!" she jumped up and down, throwing a few punches.
Doctor Brady chuckled "You still need to be careful, kid. Remember class, what's the first rule of Vampire Hunting?"
"Never let your guard down!" Chaos shouted with pride before any of her peers could answer.
"That's correct. Now, we've worked hard today. You guys can have your break now."
The students quickly ran off gleefully, including Chaos, who immediately took off for the forest. She flew over rotting logs, through bushes, and would stop every once in a while to confront a squirrel,
"Don't try to run, Vampire! You can't escape from my amazing skills!"
"Is that so?"
Chaos went stiff. The squirrel she had yelled at scurried off in fear. That voice. It was unfamiliar to her and yet it stuck something within her. Something she wasn't use to feeling. Fear.
"You must by one of those students at Doctor Brady's school..." the voice drew nearer. Chaos turned, then gasped. The man's eyes were blood red, his skin almost a translucent white while his cheeks were sunken and dark. Two snake-like fangs were exposed, dripping with a clear liquid. She stumbled back, tripping on the gnarled roots of a nearby tree.
"Where's your teacher now, child?" he leaned down over her, a sickening grin spreading on his face. Chaos' eyes widened.
"UNCLE! UNC-" her cries were cut off as he appeared behind her, clapping a hand over her mouth.
"Now, now. There's no need for that. I'll make it quick for a pretty little girl like you," he said softly into her ear, then his sharp teeth pierced her skin.

Ryder continued to walk as he felt weak, he ruffled his har and stoped at the edge of the lake, watching the water ripple slight as the wind blow gently aginst his skin he turned and walked tword the female he rest his hands on her sholder before quriking his lips into a small smile

" i think its best if we part ways, i can hurt you and quite frankly i dont want to"

At first it simply felt like a bee sting, then the burn set in. She could feel her blood being drawn out of her body. The pain was overwhelming, but she couldn't scream.
Then everything went black.

Chaos wasn't paying attention, her mind still swirling with the memories from that day. Then she snapped back to reality.
"What?" she blinked a few times, then she realized his hand was on her shoulder. She quickly shoved him away.
"don't touch me..."

Ryder barley moved from the place he was standing, the push felt like a slight wind against his body, he laughed slightly staring into her eyes for a moment then he stared at he neck noticing familiar scars

" seems someone tried to drink"

He pointed twords her neck

Chaos stiffened, then swiftly brushed her hair over the old bite marks. She didn't reply, her eyes dropping down to the ground. It was disgrace for hunter to have blood taken by a vampire. Being bitten was different, it could tell a heroic tale. But having blood drawn left a different kind of scar, and other hunters looked down on those who had them.

Status
Not open for further replies.