Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
So, I FINALLY made an appointment to get out a very bad wisdom tooth before it destroys my skull. c_____c And now I am all YAY I DID AN ADULT THING bouncy high. Cause. YAY. A THING NORMAL ADULTS DO. and I am a big dork who spends most of her life being very not-adult. 8D

WHAT IS THE LAST ADULT THING YOU DID THAT YOU ARE SUPER YAY ABOUT?

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mid
Cooked some food. Was pretty yay in my opinion.

Got a credit check from my dentist and deposited in my bank account before putting part of it in savings. Then I checked said bank account to make sure all my bills were pulled on time.

Just to be sure I had enough in there to buy something with caffeine before work. Which I did. Yay adult thing!

Being an adult sux.

Took a college test that I'm pretty sure I failed miserably...yay >.>

Brought home like 30 colouring pages for me and the roommate

AWWW YEAAHH

I coordinated a building evacuation at work this morning when stupid electrical problems made the fire control system freak out and think the building was on fire. I feel like that's pretty high on the adult things totem pole.

But then I came home and played a tabletop game where I mind controlled a bunch of nerds with my evil powers and made a bunch of people try to kill their bosses. Balance achieved maybe?

I gave the finger to a woman for nearly hitting me as I was crossing the street. All the yay. Couldn't have ever done that as a kid because my mom always hit me for it, but now I do it all the time like "HAHA, MOTHER! WHO'S THE ADULT NOW!?"

And I got my hair did today. Using money I earned, for once. Woo.

HERE'S HOPING YOU DON'T REGULARLY TAKE ANY MEDICATION THAT WOULD PREVENT YOU FROM BEING GIVEN THE GOOD PAIN MEDS AFTER THAT WISDOM TOOTH COMES OUT.

SURE WOULD BE A SHAME IF YOU SAT AROUND IN AGONY FOR AT LEAST A WEEK WITH A BLOODY MOUTH WOUND, DOWNING ENOUGH IBUPROFEN TO TEAR YOUR STOMACH THE FUCK APART, EATING NOTHING BUT PUDDING AND GELATIN TILL YOUR MOUTH PUTS ITSELF BACK THE FUCK TOGETHER.

I REALLY DO HOPE THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU.

Seriously though, scheduling that appointment is only the beginning of the end -- or at least it will be if you can't get decent painkillers.

OH AND AT LEAST IT'S ONLY THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO COME OUT. AT LEAST YOU DON'T NEED TO GET ALL FOUR REMOVED.

Paid the bills, bought groceries, cleaned the bathroom tiles by hand, purchased needed household goods...

T_T

I'm a house-husband, y'all.

QUICK, SOMEONE WIFE HUSBAND ME.

• Love
Reactions: Weegee
HERE'S HOPING YOU DON'T REGULARLY TAKE ANY MEDICATION THAT WOULD PREVENT YOU FROM BEING GIVEN THE GOOD PAIN MEDS AFTER THAT WISDOM TOOTH COMES OUT.

SURE WOULD BE A SHAME IF YOU SAT AROUND IN AGONY FOR AT LEAST A WEEK WITH A BLOODY MOUTH WOUND, DOWNING ENOUGH IBUPROFEN TO TEAR YOUR STOMACH THE FUCK APART, EATING NOTHING BUT PUDDING AND GELATIN TILL YOUR MOUTH PUTS ITSELF BACK THE FUCK TOGETHER.

Seriously though, scheduling that appointment is only the beginning of the end -- or at least it will be if you can't get decent painkillers.

OH AND AT LEAST IT'S ONLY THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO COME OUT. AT LEAST YOU DON'T NEED TO GET ALL FOUR REMOVED.

I ONLY HAVE 3 LEFT. D:

AND NOW I AM TERRIFIED! ;_________;

Thankfully I don't take any medications right now aside from nonaspirin painkillers. O__O And my dentist is a good experienced guy that did my last extraction. SO as long as I don't have any bleeding complications or UNFORSEEN WISDOM WHORE PROBLEMS I will be okay.

Right? ;___; RIGHT?! OH GOD

• Bucket of Rainbows
They pulled two of mine out with what my dentist loving calls "the chrome crowbar". I was numbed too. But it wasn't so bad as much as it was THE PRESSURE OF A CROWBAR PULLING THINGS FROM MY JAW. That memory instantly makes me clench my jaw.

Then I took the day off work and watched Game Grumps.

Good luck, Diana. Better to get it done and over with than let one crack itself and shatter by being pushed into your other molars. Stay strong and ask for Vicodin.

The hubby and I finally got our fucking car registered in California. That's $168 down the drain.... So great being an adult. >_>

I am the reason she's getting them removed >:D.

Had all four pulled yesterday plus two that my wisdom teeth destroyed, one which had a crazy bad infection and bone loss in my jaw o.o. so I'M EATING SO MUCH FUCKING ICE CREAM AND YOGURT. ...and I can't chew so I just swallow solid foods cause I'm hungry ;^;. All I'm on is antibiotics and ibuprofen but tbh, I'm not taking the pain pills and there's barely any pain. It's just uncomfortable to sleep cause WHO SLEEPS SLANTED WITH THEIR HEAD IN THE AIR?! Shit is weird and I have stitches that are gonna devolve but they feel uncomfortable omo.

I AM JUST HOPEFUL THERE WILL BE NO MORE PAIN IN THE TOOTH THEY SAID US NORMAL CAUSE THAT MADE ME WANT TO KILL MYSELF, IT WAS SO AWFUL.

I was put under for this, and woke up while they where drilling the last tooth out which was the worst part because I think it traumatized me a bit since I keep randomly crying about it and shaking o.o. IT WAS SO SURREAL, MY EYES WEREN'T EVEN OPEN BUT I FELT THAT SHIT AND WAS ALL FREAKING OUT, TRYING TO MOVE MY HANDS BUT THEY HELD ME DOWN AND WERE ALL, WE'RE ALMOST DONE, JUST BREATHE! JUST A LITTLE MORE! OHMAN, SHE'S COMING OUT OF IT, LET'S BE QUICK!

...It was pretty scary o.o. I'm terrified of dentists.

I am the reason she's getting them removed >:D.

Had all four pulled yesterday plus two that my wisdom teeth destroyed, one which had a crazy bad infection and bone loss in my jaw o.o. so I'M EATING SO MUCH FUCKING ICE CREAM AND YOGURT. ...and I can't chew so I just swallow solid foods cause I'm hungry ;^;. All I'm on is antibiotics and ibuprofen but tbh, I'm not taking the pain pills and there's barely any pain. It's just uncomfortable to sleep cause WHO SLEEPS SLANTED WITH THEIR HEAD IN THE AIR?! Shit is weird and I have stitches that are gonna devolve but they feel uncomfortable omo.

I AM JUST HOPEFUL THERE WILL BE NO MORE PAIN IN THE TOOTH THEY SAID US NORMAL CAUSE THAT MADE ME WANT TO KILL MYSELF, IT WAS SO AWFUL.

I was put under for this, and woke up while they where drilling the last tooth out which was the worst part because I think it traumatized me a bit since I keep randomly crying about it and shaking o.o. IT WAS SO SURREAL, MY EYES WEREN'T EVEN OPEN BUT I FELT THAT SHIT AND WAS ALL FREAKING OUT, TRYING TO MOVE MY HANDS BUT THEY HELD ME DOWN AND WERE ALL, WE'RE ALMOST DONE, JUST BREATHE! JUST A LITTLE MORE! OHMAN, SHE'S COMING OUT OF IT, LET'S BE QUICK!

...It was pretty scary o.o. I'm terrified of dentists.
I was technically awake during the surgery (the thought of being put under with anesthetic freaks me out a tiny bit, and I figured I'd rather avoid it if possible), and it actually wasn't too bad, seeing as how, you know, they still numbed my mouth up good enough that I didn't feel any pain, though I still vaguely felt some, uh... poking and scraping... although it didn't actually hurt. I guess it was sort of like the "pain" you feel in a dream, when you get hurt and sort of feel whatever's hurting you but you don't really feel any pain. Kind of weird. o.o Unfortunately, I overestimated what the effect of the laughing gas would be. I figured it would leave me too woooo to care, but, not really. I still felt a lot more conscious of what was going on than I expected to be. @_@

I kind of regret not letting them put me under, though, just so that I could've at least enjoyed a bit of a high to take me away from the fucking agony that followed once I got out of there. Really, the surgery itself wasn't too bad of an experience, but, the days that followed? Fairly certain that's what hell is supposed to feel like.

AND I'M GLAD THAT YOU DIDN'T FEEL THE NEED FOR ANY GOOD PAIN MEDS, MR. STRONG GUY, BUT I FOR ONE HAVE A RATHER PATHETIC PAIN TOLERANCE AND I WOULD'VE LOVED PAIN MEDS THAT WOULD'VE BROUGHT MY PAIN DOWN TO A TOLERABLE LEVEL -- not to mention, the stomach pain from the ibuprofen was so bad that I actually cut down on it some days because I would've rather just endured the mouth pain. PLUS, it would have been great to have pain meds that, even if they didn't diminish the pain completely, could've at least put me in la-la land so I wouldn't be thinking about the pain as much, but no, distracting myself from all that was a rather difficult task.

AND, IN THOSE DAYS FOLLOWING THE SURGERY, I WASN'T EVEN USING THE DRUGS THAT THEY PRESUMABLY COULDN'T GIVE ME THE PAIN PILLS BECAUSE OF, SO... ASJHDFKLDJSKLFS....!!

Oh, and I'm not even going to get into how fucking gross my mouth felt, for so many reasons, sometimes actually making me feel nauseous in addition to how much pain I was in...

This was not a pleasant time in my life.

BE THANKFUL YOU ONLY NEED TO GET ONE OUT, DIANA.

I lucked out and had good medical as a kid. I only had 2 wisdom teeth and got them pulled at 18. Funnily the same week a classmate I'd known since the 1st grade had 6 taken out. I joked for the rest of senior year he had my missing 2.

How did I adult today? I went to work on my day off because no one allocated enough hours to deal with the million price changes in the adult beverages department. Did 4 hours and said 'no I have plans this evening' to working more. Now to choose a few topics on heath and nutrition so my business doesn't become nothing but an expensive joke.

I was technically awake during the surgery (the thought of being put under with anesthetic freaks me out a tiny bit, and I figured I'd rather avoid it if possible), and it actually wasn't too bad, seeing as how, you know, they still numbed my mouth up good enough that I didn't feel any pain, though I still vaguely felt some, uh... poking and scraping... although it didn't actually hurt. I guess it was sort of like the "pain" you feel in a dream, when you get hurt and sort of feel whatever's hurting you but you don't really feel any pain. Kind of weird. o.o Unfortunately, I overestimated what the effect of the laughing gas would be. I figured it would leave me too woooo to care, but, not really. I still felt a lot more conscious of what was going on than I expected to be. @_@

I kind of regret not letting them put me under, though, just so that I could've at least enjoyed a bit of a high to take me away from the fucking agony that followed once I got out of there. Really, the surgery itself wasn't too bad of an experience, but, the days that followed? Fairly certain that's what hell is supposed to feel like.

AND I'M GLAD THAT YOU DIDN'T FEEL THE NEED FOR ANY GOOD PAIN MEDS, MR. STRONG GUY, BUT I FOR ONE HAVE A RATHER PATHETIC PAIN TOLERANCE AND I WOULD'VE LOVED PAIN MEDS THAT WOULD'VE BROUGHT MY PAIN DOWN TO A TOLERABLE LEVEL -- not to mention, the stomach pain from the ibuprofen was so bad that I actually cut down on it some days because I would've rather just endured the mouth pain. PLUS, it would have been great to have pain meds that, even if they didn't diminish the pain completely, could've at least put me in la-la land so I wouldn't be thinking about the pain as much, but no, distracting myself from all that was a rather difficult task.

AND, IN THOSE DAYS FOLLOWING THE SURGERY, I WASN'T EVEN USING THE DRUGS THAT THEY PRESUMABLY COULDN'T GIVE ME THE PAIN PILLS BECAUSE OF, SO... ASJHDFKLDJSKLFS....!!

Oh, and I'm not even going to get into how fucking gross my mouth felt, for so many reasons, sometimes actually making me feel nauseous in addition to how much pain I was in...

This was not a pleasant time in my life.

BE THANKFUL YOU ONLY NEED TO GET ONE OUT, DIANA.

You poor thing D:

In my first tooth removal, I was awake. When my old teeth grew out, one of them took a portion of the new one and I had a slanted tooth however the doctor always felt I was too young for a root canal so I was like 20 when they ended up taking that tooth out? And it was horrible. I had an excessive amounts of numbing shots however, I felt EVERYTHING. I have a high tolerance towards medication (benadryl doesn't even put me to sleep) and I fought with the lady, and she broke the tooth and had to dig around for it. It was my worst experience at the dentist and is pretty much why I waited so long to have the wisdom teeth pulled. Told them I would only do it if I'm asleep, otherwise hell no and it went pretty well. I was out for 2 hours? No complications, (Note: IF YOU'RE AN ASTHMATIC, PLEASE KNOW THEY WON'T PUT YOU UNDER UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN YOUR ASTHMA DOCTOR AND RECIEVED A PLAN BECAUSE YOU CAN STOP BREATHING IN THE MIDDLE OF SURGERY DUE TO ANESTHESIA AND INFLAMMATION. TAKE YOUR MEDS WITH YOU AND BE HONEST WITH YOUR DENTIST SO YOU DON'T LIKE DIE, K?) not even am asthma attack so I'm glad I did it. Don't even remember falling asleep, tbh.

And I agree about the mess, xD I feel so gross! Mild bleeding here and there but better than pain! They gave me some oxy but that's too hardcore for me o.o.

When it comes to tooth pain, take Tylenol (knock off brand works better for me) because unlike Ibuprofen, Tylenol helps reduce the swelling which is causing the pain. Don't take motrin, that makes it worse (that caused me to throw up but I was unable to eat for almost 2 weeks?). Inflammation causes the severe pain and take it every 5 hours instead of 6 because it wears off in the 6 hour and then you have to wait the extra 40 minutes for it to kick in. FUCK THAT NOISE! I had to time that or I'd be in the fetal position, crying ;^;. THANK GOODNESS OUR TEETH OF WISDOM ARE GONE! PAIN US NO MORE, YOU MONSTERS!

...Also, @Ochalla, he had 6 wisdom teeth?! Holy cow!

When it comes to tooth pain, take Tylenol (knock off brand works better for me) because unlike Ibuprofen, Tylenol helps reduce the swelling which is causing the pain. Don't take motrin, that makes it worse (that caused me to throw up but I was unable to eat for almost 2 weeks?). Inflammation causes the severe pain and take it every 5 hours instead of 6 because it wears off in the 6 hour and then you have to wait the extra 40 minutes for it to kick in. FUCK THAT NOISE! I had to time that or I'd be in the fetal position, crying ;^;. THANK GOODNESS OUR TEETH OF WISDOM ARE GONE! PAIN US NO MORE, YOU MONSTERS!
>.< I wish someone had told me that... instead, I was prescribed ibuprofen that was like 3x stronger than the over-the-counter stuff... the dosage that I was prescribed to take was more than the amount at which the over-the-bottle counter said "do not take if you don't want your stomach to look like Swiss cheese", so, yeah...

AND YEAH THAT INFLAMMATION THING DEFINITELY EXPLAINS WHY I FELT LIKE I WAS READY TO FUCKING DIE EVERY TIME I HAD TO TAKE ANOTHER PILL, WAITING DESPERATELY FOR THE PAIN LEVEL TO AT LEAST GO DOWN SLIGHTLY.... aaauuughhh... ;_;

But at least it's all over with now...

I DID LAUNDRY.

Also: Holy shit, all this wisdom teeth talk. I have no problem with my teeth, really, and I don't even feel my wisdom teeth back there-- they haven't even broken the gum!-- but... Now I'm skerred. T_T

In the midst of scheduling surgery for myself. As in just asked the doctor for a recommendation of a surgeon Wednesday and am now waiting on the call back.

Status
Not open for further replies.