Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
Here is the Riders of Verlendia CS. Please take your time and be sure to fill out all the information accordingly. If you have any questions or ideas you aren't sure about, feel free to pass them off in my direction. I will be reviewing the sheets and selecting approved characters next Wednesday. Be sure to read through the encyclopedia information, to ensure you're settling into the lore properly. There are some neat short stories posted by Verran that may also help you with some history of the RP/Race characteristics. As always, you may choose to format as you see fit - just be sure if you use coding it's visible on mobile!

Enjoy and good luck!

APPEARANCE (with image) | Please provide a brief written appearance as well as an image (realistic artwork or a real faceclaim (period appropriate) - NO ANIME/CARTOON images If you aren't sure, PM me. Include height/weight and any identifying marks

NAME | Full name, including (if applicable) any alias/nickname/virtue names
AGE | Refer to the encyclopedia for racial age differences
RACE | Again, refer to the encyclopedia
HOMELAND | Where they originally came from

IF APPLICABLE
OCCUPATION | Their job, prior to the start of the RP
SCHOOL OF MAGIC | What magical school they align with (please also indicate any training/schooling done in this school if applicable) - NOTE: No ceremonial magic will be accepted from players at this time unless previously discussed with me via PMs
RELIGIOUS AFFILIATIONS | If applicable, which of the three deities does your character align with? NOTE: It's HIGHLY unlikely your character would choose to worship Fenmar, given his alignment
ORGANIZATIONS OR CLANS | Any official or recognized group to which your character belongs

HISTORY | A brief history, pertinent to the RP

STRENGTHS | Three strengths your character possesses relating to personality

IDEALS | What they stand for

WEAKNESSES | Four weakenesses relating to personality

VICES | Where their failures/flaws lie

TRAITS | Any additional traits

BONDS | What do you hold yourself to? What vows/oaths/promises do you stand by (personal or otherwise?)

BANES | What holds you back? What is your 'own worst enemy'?

MOTIVATIONS | What do they have to lose. Note - the answer cannot be 'nothing'. Everyone should have SOMETHING to lose.

QUALMS | Where does your character doubt themselves/others?

PERSONAL GOAL | What does your character hope to achieve within their lifetime. This could be anything from career/familial goals, to revenge against an enemy, to unearthing a great mystery. Be creative.

DEFINING ACT | Something from your character's past which helped to define them, today. This could be an act of heroism, a lie they told, a secret they carry or a moment of tragedy.

SKILLS | What are they gifted in that might help them on their journey. Skills should be realistic, regarding training/age/authority

Fill out the following and DM it to me… Do NOT post it in your public sheet !

1) Conflict (who or what does your character fight or fight for?) --
2) Challenges (what limits your character?) --
3) Mystery (what doesn't your character know?) --
4) Passion (what drives your character?) --
5) Secret (what does your character NOT want others to know?) --
6) Rumors (come up with two rumors about your character (things others may have heard - NPCs or PCs) - one is true, one is false) --

• Love
Reactions: Morgan and Owl
APPEARANCE |
4437936f03e4023288e806c267a3d92a.jpg

Haloke stands at an impressive 5'4 with muscled arms and a hearty torso. Her shoulder length, wavy brown hair is tightly wound into braids that is then bound with a light red ribbon. She often times wears a crown of flowers or any other material she can find. Her light blue eyes nicely contrast against her darkly tanned skin. She has light, nearly shining freckles near her button nose, and a pair of full lips which are usually broken out into a grin. She is almost always nicely kept with loosely fitting clothes which can range from a blouse and trousers to skirts. She has a multitude of burn marks against her wrist from when she was a child, but she calls them her tribal markings and is quite proud of them.

NAME | Haloke Wildfire of the Fire Nera
AGE | 26
RACE | Nera
HOMELAND | Verlendia

OCCUPATION | Haloke has had a number of odd jobs around her home. She often grew bored of what jobs she did have and would jump to a brand new one at the opportunity. Haloke's main jobs, the ones that she stayed the longest at, were at the local blacksmiths where she helped create tools for the tribe, as well as teaching natural magic to the younger children of her tribe.
SCHOOL OF MAGIC | Natural Magic. Her main focus is in Fire and Light magic, although she has dabbled in the other elements.
RELIGIOUS AFFILIATIONS | Orestra
ORGANIZATIONS OR CLANS | The Fire Nera

HISTORY | Haloke was born into a family that consisted of four other sisters, her mother and father, and her ailing grandmother. Haloke's family had one focus when it came to their children. While the family was a loving, caring environment for Haloke to grow up in, she served a purpose along with her other siblings. The Suring was a massive honor for their grandfather when he was young. He had set off on his journey, his pregnant wife left behind before he made his way to his fellow tribes. He did not return, despite everyone's best wishes and hopes, having been killed on his way to the water tribe by an unknown entity. Many assume he may have crossed the paths of a group of bandits or he had angered the wrong person, but regardless there was a shame brought onto the family by this failure. Haloke's father desperately attempted to be elected to take part in the next Suring, but was unsuccessful, and decided to train his children in the ways of magic in order to regain lost pride.

Haloke adored the magic she was being taught. It came easy to her and she found joy in her studies. She was not a very patient and studious child, however. She would often times find herself causing trouble throughout the tribe. Having bonfires with the younger children or causing minor vandalism was Haloke's main focus in life. That wasn't to say she wasn't a good child in the family. She would often times take responsibility over her younger sisters and take care of them when no one else was available. She grew several skills during this time, including leadership and intimidation tactics that she could use to get in and out of trouble. She learned how to gain control in several situations she was presented, and despite all things, she found herself becoming the ideal picture of what her father wanted. Collected, decisive, stubborn and cunning.

Haloke still didn't want to be chosen for the Suring. Her eldest sister had been studying her entire life to gain proper control of magic and present features that were worthy. Neither charisma nor magic came easy to this sister. Haloke attempted to help her, often times giving her suggestions and teaching her proper techniques. Haloke attempted to lessen her own use of magic, find more situations to get into, anything to make her seem undesirable as she grew older.

Haloke wasn't sure if she had proved herself to be useful during times of hardship, often times taking up several tasks at once or guiding others to help finish their's. Despite all her best efforts, Haloke was offered to take the Suring journey. A great honor had been bestowed upon the young Nera, and had she declined, she would have been banished and would never be able to see her family again. Distraught, not wanting either of her options, Haloke packed up her belongings, promised her sisters she'd be home soon, and left her tribe.

STRENGTHS | Decisive - When Haloke knows what she wants, she'll strive to achieve it. She's quick to make a decision and is swift to action. Her decisions are, most of the time, efficient due to her confidence in her quick thinking.
Determined - Haloke will attach herself to a task she cares for and strive to see that it is finished through. No matter the obstacle, Haloke will not turn from what needs to be accomplished. Right or wrong, she is determined to strive through and see what she wants until the very end.
Confident - Not quite arrogant, Haloke is very certain in her skills. She comes off as charismatic and finds herself easily able to place herself in a position where she can instruct others. While she does not quite like taking the role of the leader, she does find her confidence striking enough to guide others in the right direction.

IDEALS | Family and freedom are major ideals for Haloke. She's not one for the idea of structure and wants the freedom to be able to express herself freely. This can often times come off as her being brash and overly blunt, but she finds being able to be true to one's self means accepting the negatives and the positives of one's self. Caring for her family is another major aspect of her life. She cares for justice a great deal of the time, believing one's actions should be received in turn. Despite her mischievous ways, she believes that all actions should receive their just reaction.

WEAKNESSES | Headstrong - Haloke has a thick skull. It requires great strength and persuasion to convince her that her ideology could possibly be wrong. She is a stubborn woman who refuses to see opinions other than her own. She's got a rather thick skull and it can be an aggravating feat to get through to her.
Brash - Haloke can appear aggressive and blunt at points. While not a hothead in every sense of the word, she can come off as heated and easily aggravated. She prefers to have the final say in everything.
Mama Bear - Haloke despite all things, is a loyal woman through and through. Once she adopts a friend, she considers their bond to be eternal. This can lead to a particularly grotesque part of her, where she can go from calm and collected to a murderous rage with one word. If someone speaks against her family or friends, better believe she won't be satisfied until someone apologizes or goes unconscious.
Troublemaker - Haloke likes to have fun. At other people's expense. Not in a harmful manner, never enough to get anyone hurt, but this makes it easy for her to slip into trouble at inopportune moments. She's easily distracted by shiny things and likes to laugh at people who easily lose their temper.

VICES | Haloke can be rather insecure when it comes to the intensity of her beliefs. If she is proven wrong this can often time be met with shame and denial. Her confidence can easily waver into arrogance and she often times has a difficult time visualizing her failure due to this. She often times grows attached with ease and has quite a bit of naivety. She also cannot work with long distance weaponry for the life of her. Her aim is horrific.

TRAITS | Haloke has a massive soft spot for creatures. She has been seen getting easily distracted by adorable critters and desiring to be friends with all of them. She loves tea and making tea with any plants she can find. She's experimented quite a bit (with various results.) She's curious and adores puzzles. She has a horrific fear of tattoos and has refused to get any of the tribal symbols inscribed on her skin. Haloke, while easily attached to new people, tends to stick closely to a select few. She can be talkative with such people until she runs out of energy and she has a quite a bit to spare until she requires a power nap.

BONDS | Haloke is very close with her four sisters. Chilali, Ayita, Ajei and Istas respectively. Istas, the eldest, holds a particularly special place in Haloke's heart. She also has a few close friends from her tribe that she holds very close, but she hasn't spoken to them in a very long time.

BANES | Haloke is shameful that she doesn't have the desire to lead her tribes. She feels guilty for this fact and finds that this dilemma is going to rip her away from her family if she choses banishment instead.

MOTIVATIONS | Haloke risks losing her life or her family. She knows she can either do what is expected of her and lose her life the way her grandfather did nearly a hundred years ago, or she can lose her entire family by being banished from her home. She's lost most of her luxuries, including a house over her head, so she finds herself lost and wants to find something to keep her moving and find a reason to keep going.

QUALMS | She doubts people's intelligence. Seriously, some people have empty skulls and it's concerning. Her own qualms towards herself is the doubt of her being able to survive on her own.

PERSONAL GOAL | Haloke wanted to teach children in her tribe fire magic. She desired to become a better magic user and teach future generations because she enjoys her abilities to such an extent. Owning a large wild beast is up there on the list too.

DEFINING ACT | Haloke's defining act was realizing her ability to control nature magic beyond fire. She found herself lost coming home from a late night venture, and having been startled, she recalled a spell to conjure light. After that, she discovered she could do minor things with other elements. This discovery meant that there was a heavy possibility that she would be chosen for the Suring, and despite the overwhelming joy that came from this discovery, she knew her life was as good as over.

SKILLS | Haloke was trained in close combat and is decently talented in sword work. She has been known to be skilled in being a blacksmith and repairing certain items such as weapons. She's particularly talented with fire magic and is dabbling in light magic. She's a skilled strategist and a charming director when she is needed.

Last edited:
Appearance:
"Eyes burning gold
Midnight skin for the stars
Moonlight, caught betwixt her horns
She will be loved, dragon in her soul.
Kyen'delsia"
-A Chronicler

fabadeb2a8b259a7c537723bfa7592bf.jpg
(Art by Faeblina: Login • Instagram)

With her sharp, curling horns, Kyen'delsia stands at a modest five feet five. Without, she's a few inches shorter, yet her height merely means she better frames herself with her compatriots. Able to use giants as background, while those smaller as flanking frames or foreground, the dark-skinned Klerion captures the attention of all with her sharp golden eyes that, despite their blindness seems to be able to focus upon all the world. While one should never ask a woman her weight, Kyen'delsia sits about 120 Ibs of thin, lithe muscle.

Name: Kyen'delsia or, as a nickname, Kyensi.
Race: Klerion
Homeland:
"Well, I suppose I'd say I'm from Verlendia. A small village tucked away in the Adamantine range by the name of Trefalda. My sister says that our true homeland lies across the ocean to the delights of Maglin. 'Shining desert, oh bewitching jewel. Dance for me, dance for me, across the sandy sea.' Heehee! That's how she describes it. At least, when she's in the mood. Stories of Maglin are always…hmm…picked over. Like she's cautious of something. I don't know why. It's not like either of us have ever seen it. Or, well, in my case, felt it. Oh, but don't get me wrong. I love Trefalda! A delightful home of frosty stone. Little market square with the fountain frozen half the year that our local elementalist spreads out every year for Drenkta: Festival of Gifts! And we go ice-skating! Linked in arms with my sister, we sweep about the square in great whirls and twirls where I can imagine that all eyes are upon us and I dance. I dance almost as if I were dancing as I were taught. Oh Trefalda, I do love thee. A nicer group of souls, you couldn't find. Little Alla, picking me springtime flowers for my hair. She says sister and I are the prettiest across the whole land! I say, 'how can that be true, when we have to compare to you!' Which might just mean we sit about all day in the mountain meadow or near the square as we do up each other's hair! Then, when the sun, blessed may it be, races halfway towards evening, good baker Makkor, her father, brings us out sweet rolls. And oh, how could I forget the Blossom Festival. Sister and I stroll about the village with flowers woven into our hair, across our clothes, and in our hands. But we never give them out. Oh no, not for any man, though we dance with them plenty. She huffs at all the forward flirtations and chasings of the men and I just tell her that it's her fault that we're the most eligible bachelorettes in town. But I think she enjoys the attention as well. After all, we're dancers before all else! Oh Trefalda, I do love thee so. While I may leave thee for a time, I will always return and call thee home."

"Why, I'm a dancer! Well, at least, that's what I'd like to say. My…style. Well, my origin of dance isn't always the most welcome in this land. Heh. That's…well…that's the lightest way of putting it. I know the tales. Both what my sister shares and what I hear from travelers in the village. I hate it. I hate that I'm scared to dance outside our little stage in the upstairs room. But I'm terrified if they ever found out."
School of Magic:
"By birth and trade, I practice Shalmai Magic. Woven into my dance and song, I heal your aching limbs, please and delight the spirits, and beg favors from the natural world that surrounds us. Flows into us. Brightens our souls! Oh we Shalmai dancers know perhaps best that we beings are not mere blocks of flesh but luminous! Bright beings that stride as beacons across a world! Oh, if I could but dance for you, then you'd see it too."
Religious Affiliations:
"You know, we've always worshiped Lioris. I've asked why, but sister hasn't a clue either. Still, we can't imagine doing anything different."
Organization or Clans:
"Maybe, once upon a time, that would have mattered."

History:
"Born and raised in the mountains of Adamant! Trefalda, the spot on the map most probably have never heard of but really should make an effort to visit. To my eyes, it's all wonderful! Not that I can see it, anyway. Still, it's my home. I'd not trade it for any other, but I'd certainly leave it for awhile for an adventure! As a lass, I'd love to rush about all over the place as fast as my feet could carry me. Much to the worry of my sister. Being blind meant I'd often go crashing and tumbling hither or thither as she rushed to keep up, grasp my hand, and guide me where I needed to go. Not my fault that someone put that crate there! Oh, sun kiss my sister for her patience. My mother died in birthing me. My father died years before. So she raised me all on her lonesome. Fierce, prideful, and capable of carrying me in one arm, food in another. Nurturing me, guiding me, and still able to stride across the village square with more bearing than a queen. She took up work as a Chronicler and ensured that she became brilliant in the field. Taught me all I know in dance and ensured that I never wanted for anything while growing up. True, she had long trips away from home, but my sister never missed a birthday nor a Festival of Gifts. Oh! Here's a painting of her. I know it to be beautiful. Oh Lioris, you knew what you were doing when you formed her.

e97f265c45036afed55928713fad91cb.jpg
(Art by Whails: Ephestra Efe by Whails on DeviantArt)

"And I shan't forget Meldriss. Sweet caretaker and compatriot throughout my life. There whenever my sister was out and about and friend even when she was home. Good, sweet Meldriss. Cleaning the house, ensuring I was able to get out and about the village through the years till I learned it by heart. Half an Aunt as anything else with a strong faith and steady disposition. But I'd best return to myself now shouldn't I? Now, I've been born with a few gifts. Magic, for one. Oh Shalmai Magic flows through my veins. Harkening me to all the world that I cannot see. So I dance. Fi, yes, that is my second gift. Dance, song, and other such arts. I can pace out a square and sweep across the floor. Look at me, for this now stage is mine. I have made it. So here I stand. It's a shame I cannot yet share it with the world! My first dance, the first step in coming of age, has come and gone. To all the world, I am nigh on a woman. Some would say that I am a woman! Time fades and dancing is centered around it. Nowadays, I trod the familiar paths of the village and they seem, well, too familiar. I wonder what lies beyond them. But I need a hand to lead me, for I cannot go by myself. I have no mystical method of sight. I'll need some sort of hand."

Strengths:
  • A Queen in the Making: Kyen'delsia keeps her head held high in almost every situation. Able to go above and beyond all slights and slurs of those who prove themselves to be pathetic rabble. While she's on the stage.
  • Compassionate: No problem is too small for Kyen'delsia. A mothering instinct well learned from her sister, she rushes to those in trouble with care and support. Even if it's as simple as a child losing a flower.
  • Cautious Adventurer: Eager to rush off on adventure and help save the world! Yet, due to the fears she's lived with all her life, Kyen'delsia ensures that she looks before she leaps in most cases.
Ideals:
Kyen'delsia is a passionate young woman who seeks the strength to advocate for self-expression but not at the cost of others' livelihoods. She loves the land well enough, but longs to try and step free of the shadows she has cast about herself that prohibit her from dancing. In turn, she naturally tries to help others do the same. A compassionate young woman who is still discovering herself in many ways, but knows what her goals are and what she wants to protect.

Weaknesses:
  • Prideful: With a strong and mighty pride means that if, and when, she falls, Kyen'delsia shatters. On the stage, whenever she's called to preform, she can hide it. But after, the woman breaks down. Hurt from words. Hurt from catcalls. Broken from failure.
  • Unyielding internal horror: People driven by fear make poor choices when properly pressed. Kyen'delsia is no different. A quiet specter of pressure follows every step she takes. Wakes her up at night a shivering, screaming mess.
  • Timid: Remarkable on the stage, Kyen'delsia has trouble off it. She often shies back and lets other dominate conversations. Unsure of how to act with people she doesn't know.
  • Economically naïve: While she is cautious, growing up in a village that came to love her sadly ruined any chance of this blind woman gaining a financial sense. It would be remarkably easy to rip her off.
Vices:
  • The woman loves the baubles of extravagance. While not to the point of being vain, she holds personal beauty in high regard. Which, while useful in some ways, does tend to mean she prioritizes such frivolities in life.
Traits:
  • "Well I… (a never-ending stream of blind jokes)."
  • Her smiles can seem the softest in the world, equally coquettish, exceedingly confident, and positively demure. All are true smiles.
  • A horrendous lightweight. Do not let her drink at your own risk.
  • Considering both her age and disability, her sister quietly considers Kyen'delsia a prodigy in their line of work.
Bonds:
"Love and duty are to family first, the dance second, and all the world third."

Banes:
Undoubtedly, her own worst enemy is herself. Timid, haunted by fear, the woman must overcome these if she is ever to reach her true potential.

Motivations:
"What I have to lose? I mean, I don't really have to answer that, do I? Surely, it's obvious? Right? I mean, if I say it, it's more likely to happen. So I don't think that…oh…I have to say it…my sister. My village too! Oh, and Meldriss! But my sister, most of all. I mean, what would I do without her. She's all I have. All I've ever had. I'm a blind girl who many would have little use of. I need her! I need her in my life! Keep…keep her safe Lioris. Keep her safe as I'm called away. Don't let anything happen to her. I'd…I don't know what I'd do without her. Please, Lioris, keep her safe."

Qualms:
  • Kyen'delsia is slow to trust outsiders. Fearful of them, even. Why is a secret she keeps close to her chest.
  • She doubts herself whenever she considers trying to go above and beyond what she is. A timid soul, Kyen'delsia has much internal baggage to overcome to truly become a refined gem.
Personal Goal:
"Well, I suppose it's a pretty simple goal. Well, maybe not. I just want to dance before kings, before queens. Entrance princes and be the envy of princesses."

Defining Act:
"That's easy. It had to be the first time I stood upon a stage. The stage. I was a child. My sister was dancing. A practice ritual within the night. I was in the room, listening to the creaking floorboards. Head against the floor. Then, she stopped. I thought it strange. It wasn't bedtime just yet so why was she stopping? She came over and raised me up and said to me this 'your turn.' I was confused. Afraid. Worried I'd just crash into the wall and make an utter fool of myself. But my sister led me around part of the room. The stage. Once, twice, thrice, as many times as I needed. Every time we finished a circuit, she asked, 'you got it?' And, the fifth time, I nodded. She brought me to the center and said, 'this is the center. This is your stage. Now, dance upon it.' I did. I must have looked an utter fool. A blind girl, floundering across the stage. Singing some scattering nonsense song. But my sister never laughed, and I never fell. After I finished what I imagined to be a routine, I curtsied to my sister's applause. She got up. Came over. Then said, 'my onyx, that was a good start. Now, let us begin again like this.' She raised a leg. Hugging me close so I knew to match her. And that's when the lessons began. I got the bug, I must say. I never looked back."

Skills:
  • Expert performer: Kyen'delsia is rapidly approaching her prime. Physical development finishing and built upon over a decade of training, so long as she keeps her confidence, the young woman will make the world her stage if given the chance.
  • While being blind has denied once sense, it has certainly helped enhance others. Especially her sense of hearing which is sharper than most.
  • Quietly Accomplished Shalmai Practitioner: Kyendelsia's years of training is not merely for entertainment but to beckon and herald the spirits of the world around her. Healing the bodies and minds of those she dances for.

Last edited:

ELWYN
Marband | 20 | Verlendia, Stavinburg

Name:
Elwyn, Daughter of the Faith, Dawn Maiden

Nicknames:
Ellie (close friends only)

Race:
Marbrand

Home Territory:
Verlendia, Stavinburg

Profession:
Warrior Chaplain of the Faith of Orestra

Description:

The first thing one would note about Elwyn is her posture - it speaks of confidence and composure tempered by a patience that belies her age. Somber, perceptive eyes rest beneath a proud but soft brow that extends out into a round nose above plump lips. Her hair, a deep red hue that is almost mahogany, lays in strands about her face and ends about the small of her back when left down. Elwyn's build is robust, if leaning a bit lean - powerful arms sprout from wide shoulders, and she is supported by muscular legs thick at the calf and thigh.

Elwyn's air of confidence is boosted by the plate she wears. Though it is mismatched, with pieces seemingly having come from a handful of suits of armor with Elwyn having kept what fit, it is well-kept and shines with a splendor that speaks of a loving hand in its maintenance. She wears two swords, a short blade along her back and an arming sword at her hip. Both are practical and functional, with chips and scrapes to speak to their use in battle, though the steel is as resplendent as that found on her armor. When not clad in her typical steel and leather, Elwyn wears modest tunics and trousers embossed with iconography of the faith of Orestra.

History:

Elwyn, Daughter of the Faith, was left at the steps of the temple or Orestra when she was but a babe. She bore no markings, was left with no note nor sigil that might hint at her parentage. Though she had been surrendered to the Faith, it was clear she was no street rat's ilk - the wraps she had been left in were of fine down, and the child herself had been bathed and smelled of richly scented perfumes. There she was taken and raised within the Faith of the Goddess Orestra.

The young orphan grew quick and strong, with a propensity to pick fights with the other initiates and acolytes of her age that had been similarly surrendered to the Faith. Rather than waste a girl of her talents, her matron instead enlisted her in the Faith Militant of Orestra. There she learned to fight with sword, spear, and axe. She grew accustomed to the weight of a mail shirt, not the constrictive tightness of a bodice. As part of her education she was instructed in both the lores of Metal and Fire magic, the former to aid in her studies of the scripture, the latter to improve her skills as a warrior.

When she came of age at 16, Elwyn was made apprentice to another Chaplain of Orestra and was assigned to a regiment of Stavinburg's army. In her first battle, Elwyn fought alongside her brothers and sisters and held aloft the banner of the Goddess Orestra even as the courage of those around her faltered. She returned to camp covered in grime and mud with the dawn sunlight, carrying aloft the banner and her blade, granting her the title of "Dawn Maiden" and raising her to the rank of Chaplain proper. She was assigned to another regiment and placed in command of a company of other warriors of the Faith, one of the youngest in the history of the Faith to win such an honor at just 18. She proved herself to be a competent officer and Chaplain, and by her 20th birthday had come to garner the respect of those within the church of Orestra and the city of Stavinburg alike.

Strengths and Skills:

• Strength of Spirit - Elwyn's will and patience are tried and tested and she is slow to anger, giving her a sense of otherworldly endurance and fortitude.
  • Warm and Genuine - As befitting of her station as not only a leader on the battlefield but a conduit of the Faith, Elwyn is warm and approachable despite her initially intimidating demeanor.
  • Confident and Composed - Rarely is Elwyn caught entirely flat-footed, and usually she carries herself with a confidence that is laced with a healthy dose of humility and self awareness.
  • Fierce Warrior - Elwyn has been trained since the age of 8 to fight, with particular skill in combat with a single blade though she is also known to wield a short sword and arming sword simultaneously in particularly fierce melees.
  • Ambidextrous - Elwyn's skills with the blade are roughly equal regardless of which hand she uses, though she still has a preference for her right.
  • Fiery Orator - Still a chaplain at heart, Elwyn is capable of stirring and passionate speeches and dictations that inspire those around her to greater feats of courage and skill than thought possible.
  • Magically Inclined - Elwyn was schooled in both the lores of Fire and Metal elemental magic, which she uses largely in their more passive forms; she does not wield fireballs or bend metal, but rather uses them for their self-enhancing properties with which she fights better and learns faster.
  • Disciple of Faith - Though not learned in more academic matters, Elwyn is a student of history and faith, having studied it since she was a young girl at the temple of Orestra in Stavinburg.
Ideals:

• Faith First - The Faith is the sole reason for Elwyn's existence and prominence, and she holds its ideals of strength of character and goodness dearest.
  • A Good Commander Leads - Elwyn has little patience for talkers and prefers leaders to take responsibility and ownership of their actions, leading rather than dictating.
  • Service Above All - Having come from almost nothing, Elwyn has a soft spot for the poor, destitute, and least of these and believes all should live to serve their fellow Man as best they can.

Weaknesses and Vices:

• Stubborn and Obstinate - Elwyn's rigorous upbringing in the teachings of the Faith of Orestra has left her with little patience for contrary opinions and beliefs; she is slow to adopt views contrary to those she was indoctrinated into, if she does at all.
  • Savior Complex - Perhaps as a result of her actions that led to her prominence, the teachings of the Faith, or both Elywn has placed upon herself what some would call an unnecessary obligation to inject herself into any perceived injustice she comes across.
  • Compulsive Honesty - Deceit and lying do not come naturally to Elwyn, and she is unlikely to ever willingly tell a mistruth or lie and if required to practice deceit is only ever agreeable to lying by omission.
  • Oblivious - Elwyn was socialized and normalized within the Faith, and struggles outside of its social norms and expectations with societal trappings typically flying right over her head.
  • Hidebound - Creativity and independent thought do not come quickly to Elwyn, and she struggles with self-motivated thought and action after a lifetime of servitude and institutionalization under the Faith.

Bonds and Banes:

• Chastity - Though not strictly required of those in the service of the Faith Militant of Orestra, Elwyn views herself more as a battle priestess than merely a warrior and has taken a vow of chastity.
  • Never Harm Innocents - Elwyn always respects a surrender, and will never intentionally harm others without cause per the traditions of a Chaplain of Orestra as well as a personal desire to avoid unnecessary suffering.
  • Disciples of Faith - As a member of the Faith of Orestra, Elwyn has surrendered herself to the traditions, observances, and other restrictions to daily life such a life in service of the Faith entails.
  • Inferiority - As want as she is to claim otherwise, Elwyn still holds lingering doubts as to the exact reasons behind her abandonment as a girl; despite having grown up comfortably and confidently with purpose in the service of Orestra, in times of reflection that question haunts her and pushes her to amend for whatever that initial slight might have been.

Motivation, Personal Goal, and Defining Act:

• MOTIVATION: Serve Orestra with the honor and dedication the Goddess deserves, maintaining her position in the Faith and using her position to positively impact those least able to defend themselves.
  • PERSONAL GOAL: Discover the truth of her lineage and the reasoning behind her abandonment as an infant.
  • PERSONAL GOAL: Achieve the rank of Head Chaplain of the Faith of Orestra in order to better serve those with nowhere to turn.
  • DEFINING ACT: Her defense of the banner of the Faith of Orestra, and subsequent status of reverence within the Faith and her community, put Elwyn on a path to achieve the kinds of power and authority necessary to enact her visions.

Last edited:

Mae'lyrra Varanyn| Sol'dien | 26 | Maglin, Shalmarin

Name:
Mae'lyrra Varanyn

Nicknames:
Mae, Blackfeather, the Red Wanderer

Race:
Sol'dien

Home Territory:
Maglin - Shalmarin

Lifewarden

School of Magic:
Shalmai

Organization or Clan:
Sunfeather Tribe

Description:

It isn't hard to spot Mae'lyrra in most environments. Even her own people look twice. Her figure is wrapped in a loose fitting red robe that is cinched close by a belt at the waist. But even though this would make her noticeable in other regions where people typically wear more muted arrangements, there is more to it. Her hair reaches to the middle of her back and falls in soft curls. It is often dyed in some splendid color - or colors. Her natural color is black, but for rituals or festivals she usually dyes her hair with reds and blues and whites. She always has a single black raven feather in her hair as well. As for jewelry, she wears hoops in her ears from which hang feathers and pearls. Her nose is pierced as well.

Her olive skin is the canvas for many tattoos and markings. Most notably an intricate pattern covering her upper chest, neck and shoulders. For rituals and other important ceremonies, she'll paint her face according to the custom of her tribe. Several of the tattoos on her hands and arms have to do with either her tribe or her Shalmai way of life.

Mae'lyrra is a woman of average height but with a certain fluidity to her gait. It is as if she walks her path with ease and knows exactly where to go. Her feet are clad not in boots but in leather sandals - unless she finds herself in colder environments. Her teeth are white with pointy almost predator-like canines. Although she is not physically imposing, she is lean and fast with a strong core.

If you still find it hard to spot the (sometimes) black-haired woman with feathers in her hair and earrings, with tattoos on her skin, clad in red, then you will surely know her by the raven you will often see sitting on her shoulder.

History:

It is true that if pressed, she'll state Shalmarin as her home. But this isn't entirely true. Mae'lyrra was born in the Painted Mountains. A place that would become one of many she would see in her life. Her parents belonged also to the Sunfeather tribe - a tribe that lives as true nomads, never settling anywhere for long. This meant a life of constant wandering. So for her to name one single place as a home is quite difficult for Mae'lyrra. It also meant that she got to meet different peoples and cultures, which is reflected in her personality.

Her mother is the Elder of the Sunfeather tribe - the most powerful Shalmai among them. And if there ever was a case to be made that Shalmai magic is inherited through blood, this would be a strong one. Already at an early age, Mae'lyrra showed a certain affinity for her mother's work and it didn't take long for them to understand that the young girl might become a potent healer, communicator with animals and, eventually, the next Elder after her mother. Her training began when she was seven years old and she was taught as the tribe moved. Each time she and her mother encountered a new plant, she would teach her its attributes and how to best use them. After a few years, Mae'lyrra began helping her mother at ceremonies and rituals and then slowly was taught the words and the techniques.

At 16, she was sent to Braxin to study under the skilled healers there and learned many things. She quickly made a name for herself by her distinct appearance and her empathetic nature. Braxin was her home for 5 years. It was when she had completed her training and was on her way back to her tribe that she encountered a raven on her journey. Without realizing it, her skill had grown sufficiently for her to communicate with the bird. Mae'lyrra performed a ritual, drew the patterns in the sand, spoke the words, placed down her totem and immediately heard the bird's voice in her head. The two of them have been together ever since. She named the raven Corax. On her continued journey back to her tribe, people that saw her were slightly puzzled when they saw the red-robed woman with a raven on her shoulder. Hence the names Blackfeather and Red Wanderer. When she did find her family, they welcomed her with joy. She was deemed worthy enough to be granted the title of Lifewarden. A title that indicates her skill at healing.

For a time, she returned to working with her mother much like she had before she left for Braxin. During this time, her mother observed her daughter working and was confident that she could become the next Elder - should the spirits and the tribe agree. But her belief was cemented when their tribe were attacked by raiders in the desert en route to the Painted Mountains for the Harvest Festival. The attack and the fighting was fierce, but the Sunfeather men and women managed to hold their ground. When it was done, many were gravely wounded. Mae'lyrra and all other healers worked as hard as they could but it seemed in vain. This was when Mae'lyrra decided to call upon the spirits and - no matter the cost - beg them to grant her the power to heal her friends and family. To everyone's great surprise they beheld in awe, as the young Lifewarden with white eyes, on her knees and with outstretched arms fell into a trance unlike any they had ever seen. White, whispy threads of magic seemed to flow from her fingertips and toward the wounded as they lay on hides on the ground. This spectacle went on for no more than a few minutes. When it was over, Mae'lyrra collapsed to the ground, but the wounded were healed of their injuries. She woke up five days later.

After this she gained somewhat of a reputation, not only in her own tribe but also among other wandering people in the deserts. In Shalmarin and other settlements, those that had heard the story didn't fully believe it. It seemed to be only a rumor there, though the Red Wanderer cared only little. After this event, Mae'lyrra's mother demanded that she was taught how to fight with a spear as was tradition for the Sunfeathers. And though she didn't say much, Mae'lyrra knew that her mother was preparing her for something. For three years, she trained and became more than decent with her spear. When she was satisfied with her ability to defend herself, her mother presented her with two things. A dagger and a task. Now, at the age of 25, Mae'lyrra the Lifewarden was to go out into the world and lend her healing hands where they were needed as well as learn what she could and hone her skill. If she was to become the tribe's Elder, her mother wanted her to know as much of the world as she could. And so the Red Wanderer went with her spear, her dagger and the raven on her shoulder.

Equipment:

Spear
7aecd0cfeafdb764abddd5a35eb85262.jpg

Dagger Also used in rituals.
bab8b16350fafcfabc56e20fee3a5902.jpg

As for armor, Mae'lyrra wears none. In fact, the toughest material covering her, might the leather in her sandals.

She carries various totems and objects used in this ritual or that. Don't ask, you'll never make her stop talking again.

Strengths and Skills:

• Well-travelled - As she has met many peoples and cultures in her life, Mae'lyrra has learned not to judge anyone by color or creed. Everyone has a story.
  • Optimistic - Despite how it might seem from time to time, there is more good in the world than bad. If everyone would lend a hand from time to time, everything is going to be alright.
  • Gentle - With her in your company, you'll always have someone who is ready to help, ready to cook a meal. Have you ever tasted the spices from Maglin?
  • Healing Hands - Her early life and training has given her extensive knowledge in the art of healing, both with plant based medicines and potions as well as magical healing.
  • Beastmaster - Possessing the ability to communicate with beasts, she is able to gather information that others are not. This is not a skill she flaunts, however. She often talks to Corax, but most people just think she's strange.
  • Voice of the Spirits - Through rituals and sacrifice, she is able to contact the spirit realm, either to grant her power or to ask their council.
Ideals:

• Lifewarden - To Mae'lyrra, all life is sacred. She will do what she can to lend her healing hands to those in need and lives by a creed of compassion.
  • This is not the only Realm - There are more realms than the one we live our lives in. Even so, let's make the best of the one mortal life we have.
  • They're counting on me - She knows that her tribe and her mother and father are expecting her to do well. They have a lot of faith in her and she aims to prove to them that it is not misplaced.

Weaknesses and Vices:

• Animal Affinity - Early in life, she found it difficult to socialize with other people. She preferred the company of animals much more and found a closer understanding there. This has since changed and she now enjoys the company of others greatly, though she sometimes has a hard time understanding even her own people.
  • Ruthless - Most people consider this a strength, but Mae thinks differently. Though her goal is to heal and help where she can, she can be ruthless in combat. She does not enjoy taking lives, and can often be found placing totems on the bodies of those she has slain.
  • Temper - While you could also argue that she is patient, when you do manage to provoke the fiery rage she also carries, you had best distance yourself. This rarely happens, however, as Mae'lyrra is a thoughtful person. She doesn't like to lose control.
  • Unbridled - Mae'lyrra is not fully aware of the power she has within her. Only once has she experienced the true nature of her Shalmai ability. This means that if she were to tap into that same power, she wouldn't be able to control it.

Bonds and Banes:

• Duty and Honor - Not only is it an honorable task, being named Elder of her tribe, but it is also her duty. Mae'lyrra knows she has the ability, she just needs to prove it to herself and her family. She holds herself to do her best and help where she can.
  • Shalmai - In accordance with her teachings, she has promised to mend living things. Through balance between spirits, nature and the races, she aims to heal those she can.
  • Weight of the World - While she is used to meeting new people and races, given the nature of her life, it seems a daunting task to go into the world and take it on. She did that when she was sixteen, but then she didn't have the added pressure of potentially becoming the next Elder. This makes her doubt herself.

• MOTIVATION: The duty she has to prove her family proud and to ensure that her tribe will have its next Elder and not be without, as this person is quite a central figure in their culture.
  • PERSONAL GOAL: To learn and improve as much as she can and to lend her aid where she can.
  • PERSONAL GOAL: To become the next Elder of the Sunfeather Tribe.
  • DEFINING ACT: The Great Healing, as it was named, where she saved then lives of many of her kin and tribesmen after they had been attacked by raiders. This cemented the already preconceived notion that she might become the next Elder.

d646c1e8a5bc424f4d51f8622c2d3204.jpg

APPEARANCE |
be65a1d2cd09ebe85bfba1a595462888.jpg

Nyx has shoulder-length and wavy, ash brown hair as well as olive skin and pale blue, almost white eyes. He is only 9 cm in height and weighs 40 g with a lean and lithe body. His clothing is mostly made out of leaves, feathers, fur and anything else he finds that has fallen to the ground. There are several scars on his arms, shoulders and legs that are clearly from animals. He often grooms himself so that he can always look his best in almost any situation. He carries himself in a very relaxed way and his body language screams "leave me alone" even if his gentle and kind smile say the complete opposite.

NAME | Nyx Riverwillow
AGE | 92 years
RACE | Trifling
HOMELAND | Silvernest, Sor'len
OCCUPATION | Animal Trainer and Handler

HISTORY | Nyx Riverwillow was born to a large family with three older sisters, two older brothers and five younger sisters. It was at a young age that he and his siblings began learning various languages out of the curiosity of how others speak to one another. His family was always supportive of him, even when he decided to choose caring for and training the animals that the Triflings use as opposed to the military. The rest of his siblings joined the military as they wanted to follow tradition. He did everything he could to make his family proud of his decision as it was what he was passionate about at the time.

It was at the age of fifteen that he had gotten a proper mentor, a beautiful woman named Ari Whiteoak. She was twice his age, but treated him as an equal and like an individual that deserved respect despite being his mentor. Nyx respected her more than anyone else and grew to enjoy the path he had chosen even more. After years of training with Ari, she had finally considered him a true friend. This was the first time that he had actually cared about how someone else saw him besides his family. They had cared for so many different animals together that it felt as if life was pure bliss.

He had been working alongside Ari and the animals for several decades, now eighty-seven years old. Nyx had become one of the most respected handlers. It was at this time that a soldier had proposed to Ari, which Nyx had seen at a distance, feeling sorry for the soldier as Ari was not interested in any intimate relationship. Ari was found dead a few days later and something in Nyx broke. He left without saying a single thing to anyone in his family, carrying a sparrow egg.

Nyx spent the next few years traveling with his newly hatched sparrow friend, Jumper. The two traveled around and tried to keep to the forests to avoid having to deal with other humanoids. He had left home for the first time and was ready to explore the wide new world. The only difference was that he felt a detachment and even fear of those around him that were not the creatures that he communicated so well with. Upon learning about the Hatching Ceremony, he grew excited and wanted to go see for himself. Perhaps he could meet one of these newborn dragons and maybe even, in some distant fantasy, become a Dragon Rider.

STRENGTHS |
  • Friend of Beasts: Nyx has a natural connection to the creatures around him. He has always been able to handle the outbursts of these creatures as well as train them so that they are more amiable. It is these creatures that he enjoys the company of as opposed to his fellow humanoids.
  • Confident: His confidence is in his skills, but he understands when he needs help. It is the fact that he has this strong confidence that he is willing to accept help from those that he trusts well enough.
  • Thoughtfully Quiet: He is quiet mostly out of the need to focus on his surroundings. Nyx takes in the details round him and uses what he observes to aid him in his goals and, if necessary, survival.
  • Gentle Smile: While he may not be the most friendly of people, he does have a gentle and friendly smile. He uses this to his advantage to catch others off guard so that ha can learn more about them or get himself out of trouble.

IDEALS | Nyx truly only cares for the world around him and the flora and fauna that live within it. While he does not concern himself with others, he does believe in their right to live a life they want to as best they can. He also believes that humanoids should treat all other life with respect and love as they live their lives to the fullest while they can. It is for this reason that he believes the only reason to fight is for those who need it and he will stand up for anyone or anything that needs his help, unless they have proven to be what he considers bad.

WEAKNESSES |
  • Willfully Carefree: He does what he can to live an easygoing and trouble-free life. This can even go so far as to pretend to be asleep when he is supposed to be doing something important. He acknowledges this entirely and does not hide it, but also never strives to change it.
  • Meddlesome: While he may be carefree, he does enjoy learning about and inserting himself into the affairs of others. As long as he believes there is something to gain from it, even if it is just a new reaction, he will meddle in someone else's life.
  • Pampered: Nyx is capable enough in combat, but he also fails to keep up on his training as he has been given time to focus on the creatures he trains. This causes problems for him and others when he has to actually fight.
  • Anthropophobia: He has a natural inclination to be closer to creatures since he has never really liked humanoids. Other than the few people in his life that he trusts, there is a natural distrust and even fear of others. This is why he spends almost all of his time talking to everything else around him, including trees and inanimate objects.
  • Sulky: Nyx is rarely around others without a good reason, but when he is there is a gloom about him. There is always a look on his face when he believes no one is watching him that screams he has had past trauma and continues to dwell on it.

VICES |
  • Secrecy: His silence is not only so that he can observe others, but also to keep to himself entirely. Nyx hates to let others in, sometimes even the creatures that he talks to. This makes it difficult for him to understand more often than not.
  • Callousness: Nyx is very cold to those around him and distances himself from them. This is shown in his cold and blunt manners when someone is upset or flustered about something. He is more likely to be rude or harsh to those that try to get any empathy or sympathy.
  • Reckless Nature: When it comes to flora and fauna he has little to no control. It is in his nature to run up to a wild beast that is in a rampage to try and calm it before trying to think about what may happen. This can lead to him getting into more trouble than he plans if he becomes passionate about something.

BONDS | Nyx has made a promise to himself and all of the creatures he cares for that he would protect them and the world they live in, even if it were to cost his life. This is the only promise that he has ever made and he cherishes it as if it were a precious gift. He also has a close friend, Jumper, a small sparrow that he raised from an egg and the two have and unbreakable bond of friendship.

BANES | Nyx despises the fact that he fears others as he desires to have connections with those around him, but fears what will happen. His past experiences have proven this correct and his inability to let go of the past causes him distress.

MOTIVATIONS | Nyx could very easily lose his natural connection to the creatures he loves so much if he were to stay still and go nowhere for the rest of his life. This drives him to do more, but he still tries to take shortcuts so that he can get there smoothly.

QUALMS |
  • Nyx despises the fact that he has no natural affinity for magic and doubts that he can ever learn, which stops him from even trying.
  • The image he has of larger humanoids being slow and clumsy causes him to doubt their capabilities in more detailed and delicate matters.

PERSONAL GOAL |
  • Nyx has the large goal of sketching every species of beast and animal that he can find and discover at least one new species. He only wants to sketch them once he sees them in person, which is why he wants to travel.
  • He wants to make at least one real friend that he feels a genuine connection to like he does Jumper. This would change his view on all humanoids as it means there are some out there that he does not need to fear.

DEFINING ACT | Nyx's life had changed entirely at the death of his mentor, Ari, someone he had grown somewhat close to. Her death was what pushed Nyx over the edge and away from others. It was after this that he grew to fear others and distance himself from them, mostly to protect himself. This also pushed him to work harder than ever to see the world outside and the life that it holds.

SKILLS |
  • Drawing: Nyx has been drawing for most of his life and continues to do so every day whenever he gets the chance. He made his own sketchbook out of leaves and scraps of paper as well as several sticks of charcoal to draw with.
  • Archery: One of the few things he continues to train with the most is is archery. While he hay slack off, he does train his eyes while on the lookout for new creatures and carries this over to his archery. This gives him a more accurate and careful aim.
  • Animal Handling: He is capable of calming most creatures that he comes across, but it takes time and effort. Nyx has learned the intricacies of many creature types to help understand individuals better. It is his drive that has pushed him to study animals so much and is why he was respected in Silvernest as a renowned animal handler and trainer.
  • Languages: Nyx can understand most languages, but can only speak brokenly in those languages other than his own. This makes communication outside of common difficult due to his own lack of caring for putting in the effort.

Oleander Dapplegrey

APPEARANCE |

Like others of her kind, her pattern and coloration determined her name. Dappled and Grey, Oleanders lower body is a soft grey flecked with white. Each leg is marked with a black sock. A pair of antlers grows from her head, currently cut and ground down in symbolic fashion after her exile from her Herd. Her ears are pointed and often hidden from view by her thick mane of dark hair that matches the coloration of her socks.

Her upper torso is that of a young woman raised outside of civilized society. A general hardness in both body and features is found in her appearance. Partly due to her lifestyle and partly due to the airs she puts one. The traits of youth are still faintly present but fleeting quickly as she continues to mature far quicker than she ever expected she would have to.

Oleander seemingly is constantly looking down on others but that is mostly due to her height. Tip of her head standing nearly 9' feet from the ground, she is Of average Height and weight for her kinda.

NAME | Oleander 'Oley' Dapplegrey
AGE | 19
RACE | Esquirian
HOMELAND | Maglin, The Painted Mountains
OCCUPATION | Hunter/Trapper/Gatherer
SCHOOL OF MAGIC | N/A
RELIGIOUS AFFILIATIONS | Raised on a Shamanistic variant of Obriem worship, Oleander currently is non-worshipping, nearly oppositional towards her former religion.
ORGANIZATIONS OR CLANS | Formerly of the semi-nomadic Longstride Herd, there has been a mutual 'dissolution' of their relationship to one another.
HISTORY |
Oleander is the fifth child, third daughter of the Longstride Herd Shaman. Born under the second Moon in a month and considering her lineage, it was to be expected that she'd become another Shamaness for the Herd but either the fates aligned poorly or the spirits were unappeased and Oleander was stillborn. Due to the diligent nature of the Healer and the summoned midwives, Oleander was resuscitated. It became quickly apparent that any magic in her blood had been spent during her tumultuous birth as she showed no aptitude towards magic like the rest of her siblings.

Of course, she was not cast aside due to this, instead, the Herd helping her find her place amongst the rest of them by embracing and refining her natural inclinations. The child was quick-witted and always thinking beyond what tradition called for. The first inklings of worry growing in the minds of her elders as she showed little respect for the ideas and people she worked around.

During the Herds semi-annual migration to better foraging lands, a task undertaken with for as long as the collective memory of the Herd could recall, Oleander witnessed for the first time the beings that walked on two legs. All her life, the youngest of the tribe were sheltered from the sight of these unpleasant creatures but it was during their migration that they crossed paths. The two legs were clearing forest for fieldwork and they employed tactics and equipment that astonished the impressionable young girl.

Standing and watching for hours, Oleander watched first hand as mighty trees that for the entirety of her existence seemed eternal, fell after minutes of effort to the two legs. The hard ground that only scrub brush could survive in was tilled and turned soft. The solidity of the world she knew was shown to be nothing to these two-legged creatures. Surely her Herd had to have known of this?

Bringing her findings and concerns to the Herd, Oleander's worries fell on deaf ears. With most of her Herd either brushing aside her concerns and others at worst, mocking her fears. Feeling hurt and still carrying her worry, Oleander attempted to begin chipping away at anyone who would listen.

Trading food and furs with two legs, Oleander began amassing as much 'new' technology and equipment as she could. Demonstrating what the possibilities were to anyone who would listen. Plows, looms, guns, coinage, manufactured goods, even clothing like the two legs would wear, how could the Herd not have known considering how far they've ranged. Oleander even began to feel bare skin for the first time, having clothing made that looked similar in fashion to the two legs.

It was the start of a schism and the Herd had had enough. Bringing Oleander before the Herd as a whole, arguments were had and nothing was accomplished. It didn't help matters that Oleander had arrived in dressed in modernized garb either. The result was practically decided at the outset. Oleander was harming the unity of the Herd and would be cast out to try and survive amongst the progress of the future she found so dear.

It was a devastating blow to Oleander who did not anticipate such a reaction by her Herd. At the very worst she expected them to just say get rid of things but her harsh words had done little to earn any leniency from the Herd Leaders. Packing her things and making a grand show of adventure to hide how hurt she was, Oleander left the next morning and began her life outside the Herd. Able to easily fend for herself, it didn't seem too different than a long hunt at first until she reached her first settlement.

She had never stopped to consider how different and strange the two legs were. The hustle and bustle of a busy marketplace was a far cry from observing the exotic goods traders had in backwoods carts. Strange customs and policies and the lack of anything familiar to what she'd had caused her to flee the settlement and spend the night in the woods, bemoaning her station in private.

A new day dawned and with embarrassment at how she acted, Oleander promised herself that she'd do better. Following the signs, she set her goal on locating on a true place of innovation where she could begin to take the first steps in realizing her goal of founding a Nation that rivaled the ones the two legs had created.

STRENGTHS |
Conviction, Perspicacious mind, Individuality
Oleander is heavily convinced of her own ideals. Rooted firmly in a life devoid of major hardship, she's seen the way she's acted been rewarded time and time again. If the elders of her Herd were unable to sway her from what she's decided to believe in, there is very little anyone else can say or do to change her mind. Despite this rigid adherence to her ideals, she's no dull piece of iron, Oleander is a very bright young woman who is quite quick to learn. Understanding that in order to survive, she must keep getting better herself and that the best way to do that is to learn as quickly as possible. Most recently, Oleander has become quite proud of her individuality. Though she didn't leave the Herd of her own accord, she is treating it as a mutual dissolution and really embracing herself. She's unabashed and unashamed of who and what she is and isn't going to change easily for anyone.

IDEALS | Oleander stands for the future of her people. She was not cast out due to some crime or blasphemy committed but for being unafraid to speak hard truths when others didn't wish to hear them. She can see the end result of her kind and has taken a massive gamble to try and change the outcome.

WEAKNESSES | Envy, uncivilized, uncompromising, parochial
If Oleander wasn't a dappled grey in color, she would have been green. Envy runs in her blood with a worrisome power over her. From the moment she saw what the two legs had in their trade carts, Oleander wanted it and wished with all her might that she had it. Clothing, gear, weapons, trinkets, jewelry, baubles, anything that someone else has that Oleander deems better than what she has, she wants. Not just for herself, but for others as well. Combined with a general ignorance of the value of things, this has been a problem for some time and seems likely to stay that way for the foreseeable future.

Civilization is not the norm to Oleander but a strange, miraculous aberration. While she adores it, Oleander fears it and the majority of civilized norms are unknown to her. Subsequently, many things that civilized folk consider outrageous, she considers the norm. Blood, pain, death, and suffering are natural states that cannot be avoided. She feels no pity in death and doesn't understand the dissociation society places on such base things.

Being an individual that has been exiled from her home has had a profound impact on Oleander. She's hinged her bets on herself and if the near entirety of her people, the only people she's known and cared about, seemed to be unable to sway her, how could any of these strange two legs? Once her mind has been made up, it is her way or no way at all. There is very little chance to meet halfway with Oleander who is more likely to break away entirely than to reach some sort of middling agreement.

Despite her lofty goals and seemingly endless indulgence in anything 'new', Oleander is cripplingly short-sighted. For the majority of her life, the world was quite small. Subsequently, so were the 'major' issues in her life. Through cooperation and hard work, any issue was able to be tackled in short order. Now, being in a much much bigger world, that same viewpoint on things is a huge issue to how Oleander plans. Life doesn't follow a simple three-step process and her solutions lack considerable detail to become anything practical.

VICES | Oleander is living in between worlds. Behind her, every day was the same as before and the next day would be the same as today. In this new two-leg world, every day is an adventure filled with new experiences. It is a rich world she's living in and Oleander wants to see it all, to taste it all. The good and the bad, if it's new to her it must be scouted and experienced, tradition be damned.

Similar to this, the world is now full of amazing new things that make her previous life seem so petty and small. Technological advances and the newest innovations hit Oleander like a drug and currently, she is reveling in this addiction. Magic and nature are the ways of the old and small. Technology and industry are the future and Oleander is a devout follower.

The two-legged beings of this world are, on the whole, pitiable small things with odd and occasionally outright incorrect views on things. But what they have been given by those that create is a gift! A gift that Oleander sees the majority of the people squandering daily. The city folk need not go hunting for their food, a shop is a block away. They don't sleep in the cold breeze and strain their sense to hear where the howling comes from. But yet they complain and praise 'nature' for its irreplaceable beauty. Oleander sees this as foolish and tends to treat those that she sees act like this with contempt, her respect, and admiration reserved for the forward thinkers.

TRAITS | Oleander is severely thalassophobic and will not travel by boat across large bodies of water. She can swim but deep bodies of water and subsequently being far from land cause internal terror that will and has caused her to retreat to the safety of the solid ground. There is also the issue of her relationship to animals. Oleander does not pity creatures or pets and sees them as either food or a tool. Animals are to be used as efficiently as possible and she does not understand the purpose of owning a creature as a recreational pet. Oleander also seems to possess a fairly poor sense of preservation when it comes to exertion. She will run herself and others to exhaustion and then some if not restrained or held back. If she is going to commit to something, one can safely bet that Oleander will commit 100%

BONDS | Still close with her siblings, Oleander sees her falling out with her Herd as something mutual. Despite this, her siblings have vowed to keep in contact secretly and have made a promise to one day get her accepted amongst the Herd. She pretends to disregard this but is holding it quite deep in her heart. Oleander has also promised to herself to never again be the ignorant little Equisrian running about in the backwoods of something greater. She will advance herself and her peoples by any means.

BANES | Oleander harbors a distrust of magic and 'old' religions, seeing them as shackles that have held her people back from being important like the two-legs. Those ways were also the reason why she lost her Herd and as such she holds resentment for users and devotees of either magic or religion, going so far as to refuse to engage with certain individuals.

MOTIVATIONS | Oleander walks a fine line where she could slip and instantly lose everything. She's tied her ego to her goal of finding a new Herd and reforming her people, if that goal is hampered our becomes impossible, what is her value in life? Her own self-worth rises and falls with her mission and if she fails again, she will likely crumble.

QUALMS | So many people are aligned against Oleander. Her Herd, most people of power, entire nations! Sometimes, waves of doubt manage to crash over the walls of her conviction. Oleander is not sure if she made the correct choice or if that her goals are the goals of a fool. The words of the Elders in her Herd are still burnt into her heart. That she is a young fool with ideals greater than she could ever hope to fully understand and that she'd at best fail or at worst doom her own people.

PERSONAL GOAL | To be a founding mother of a new Nation on par with the rest of the world, united and unafraid of advancing from their isolationist state to becoming something greater than ever imagined.

DEFINING ACT | Oleander picked the gun up and pulled the trigger. She set the lines and pulled the plow. Her hands worked a loom that made the cloth. There were always young members of the Herd trying to push boundaries and try new things but she was the first to break free from tradition and challenge her Herd to the point of her being exiled. This causes her great pain but it is a source of pride to herself that she was able to stand by her ideas in the face of so strong a foe.

SKILLS | Before her exile, Oleander was a competent hunter that often traveled on long sojourns into the unknown. Going far and wide in search of prey, she gathered skills along the way that continue to serve her well. Tracking, Foraging, Survival, and rugged patience have been drilled into her along with a natural inclination towards traps and ranged weaponry. Oleander also possesses a quickness about her that lets her fundamentally understand how things function. Her days spent watching two legs operate their equipment leading her to know how to use said equipment despite no formal teaching.

Last edited:

Casimir Aldarmere

Marband | Male | 14 | Squire | Verlandia

Name: Casimir Aldarmere.
Race: Marband.
Homeland: Verlandia, Stavinburg.

Appearance
Casimir has an unassuming appearance, being neither much shorter or taller than any of his peers, though perhaps a little slimmer and paler than most. He has slightly floppy ears, dark unkempt hair, pale blue eyes and a snub nose. Slim and lean of build, Casimir's training as a squire has kept him in good shape, favoring him with light sinewy muscle over sheer body mass. He dresses like any other squire, in simple plain trousers, tunics and boots of decent make, sometimes with leather bracers and a gambeson thrown on.

Zubqvn5.jpg

Occupation: Casimir was a squire to Eamon the Brave before the Knight's untimely passing.

Religious Affiliations:
Whenever Casimir found himself inside of one, it was because he'd been dragged there by a priest to teach him his letters, or to be made to sweep the floor again as punishment for another misdemeanor. Since many religious rituals demand the faithful to be still, spending more than a minute inside a temple is nothing short of torture to Casimir. The only time he has visited a temple by his own volition was to pay respect to his deceased mentor.

Personality
Quiet, thoughtful, and private, some might think him a mute, or a fool who has nothing clever to contribute and is best left ignored. In truth, he wasn't always this way. Those that experienced a younger Casimir knew him as a lively, spirited child whose sole aim in life seemed to be to get into as much trouble as possible without getting killed. At a distance, it would seem he has simply matured and started to take responsibility, but those closest to him know that the passing of his parents was to blame for the jarring change in attitude. Whether it's permanent remains to be seen.

Ideals
Truth is the greatest good in Casimir's eyes. He tries his hardest to always be honest and will be tormented by guilt for long spans of time by what most would consider trivial, childish lies. Whilst he's unlikely to be able to articulate it, the core of his ideal goes something like this: he believes that by being truthful, others will also be honest with him in return. Whilst this ideal endows Casimir with the admirable trait of honesty, it also leaves him renders him particularly naive and overly trusting of others.

Second to Truth is the ideal of Forgiveness, a value that his surrogate father insisted on. "Let it hurt, let it heal, let it go," was one of Eamon's tenets, and Casimir has tried to take it to heart.

Art Credits: Landscape by Andreas Rocha, Portrait by Treijim.

Casimir Aldarmere

Marband | Male | 14 | Squire | Verlandia

Strengths
  • Empathetic - By virtue of having become more of a listener than a talker, Casimir is likely to get along with most people he meets. While he keeps his own emotions firmly in check, he's quite capable of considering the depths of others feelings and has a knack for consoling people.
  • Brave - Casimir is brave to the point of recklessness, though he is not without fear. He simply has a high tolerance for risk.

Weaknesses & Vices
  • Attached - Casimir's attachments to his personal belongings may be mistaken for greed at first, but instead of desiring for more things, he's simply very protective of the things he owns. He doesn't like to share anything he considers his with anyone else and severely dislikes people touching hi stuff without asking permission first. With people, Casimir can be clingy too, though it's rarely as extreme as the attachments to his personal belongings.
  • Guarded - Even more guarded than his personal belongings are Casimir's feelings. He likes to think himself strong when he's the only person to keep dry eyes or a cool temper during tense or emotional moments, but in truth he's afraid to show his feelings, fearing what others might think of him if he were to show his emotions. To make matters worse, this flaw is at odds with his ideal of honesty because while he may be honest about what he says, he is often dishonest about how he feels.
  • Stubborn/bossy - At times Casimir's independent streak gets ahead of him and unless someone he respects is around to keep him in check, he can make wild, impulsive decisions or force his decisions upon others without a chance of appeal. Once he has set his mind on doing things a certain way, it'll be difficult to persuade him otherwise, and on the off-chance that a choice contrary to Casimir's wishes is made, one can expect him to drag his heels all the way.
  • Nosey - Few who have known Casimir for a long time would be surprised to learn that the boy is a skilled and fervent eavesdropper. Out of all Casimir's behaviours, his inclination to listen in on private conversations was perhaps the most disconcerting of them all. In all of the instances where he was caught eavesdropping it was always a conscious, deliberate effort on his part, never a coincidence of being in the right place at the right time.
Bonds & Banes.
Bond - Due events in his past, Casimir has vowed never to lie again. He takes this promise extremely seriously because he knows first hand how devastating lies can be.
Bane - Since the death of his mentor Eamon, Casimir has closed himself off from forming any meaningful new relationship since he fears the pain of losing someone again and doesn't believe he deserves to have someone close to him ever again.

Motivations:
The devastating loss of his mentor has given Casimir a singular focus in live: to return his mentor's blade to the man's family elsewhere in the country. Although he has little to go on, he is determined to make sure that the man's blade is returned to his family, so it may become a treasured heirloom like the one he keeps himself.

The silver ring Casimir wears around his neck is his own heirloom and the sole memory of his parents so he treasures it deeply and will do anything in his power to keep it.

Qualms: Casimir doubts others will trust him if the secret he carries with him ever comes to light. On a personal level, he doubts if he can ever truly redeem himself.

Personal goal: Casimir seeks to right his wrongs, to make his dead parents and dead mentor proud so that they won't have died in vain. Somewhere inside he knows he has been wasting his talents and that the time has come to take squirehood seriously. Perhaps the only good thing to come out of the untimely death of Eamon, is that it has set him on a path of redemption.

Defining act: On the cusp of his fourteenth birthday, Casimir and Eamon and several other knights were assaulted on the road as they were protecting a transport from Eloine. Only Casimir returned, bloodied, out of breath, but with a captive that allowed a quick counterforce to take swift vengeance on the perpetrators. Casimir was bestowed an honor of bravery as a result.

Traits.
  • Casimir seems to have no magical ability whatsoever, which some frankly considered a relief, given the boy's penchant for trouble.
  • Where some have a nice smile or pretty eyes, Casimir was blessed with a soft, slightly husky voice that is pleasant and almost soothing to the ear.

Skills.
  • Escape artist - Casimir's skill to make trouble for himself is second only to his ability to escape from it. Quick and light-footed as he is, and with a stout heart to boot, Casimir has no trouble making daring escapes. Whether it's slithering through a thick crowd, picking a lock, scaling a building, or simply bolting rabbit-quick down a street, Casimir has a knack for escaping.
  • Marksman - While a poor magician, Casimir's skill with a bow is uncanny. Blessed with two sharp eyes and a good aim, he can be deadly at range.
  • Knight's blood - As the child of two respected knights and the pupil of a great one, being a bad swordsman was never an option. In a fair fight, Casimir can beat most of his peers with relative ease, but can only just about hold off one experienced knight for long enough to get help. He will rely on defensive moves and speed in a fight and is at his best when he has plenty space around him, which is about as good as someone his age can reasonably be expected to be.

Born to Caspian Aldarmere and Anuin Greymill, both knights of the Phoenix Ash Order, Casimir's birth wasn't without controversy. Anuin had once been Caspian's squire and though the two enjoyed the respect of the order, it was still considered deeply inappropriate for them to have a child out of wedlock.

Appropriate or not, Casimir was born a healthy, bright-eyed, red-faced boy inheriting both his father's and his mother's rebellious streak. Those who had quietly disapproved of the entire ordeal from the beginning could only shake their heads as the boy grew and proved to be every bit the disobedient, reckless, obstinate child they'd feared him to be. While some grace was given to Caspian and Anuin, the birth of their son didn't relieve them of their oaths and duties, and so it was that Casimir grew up under the watchful gaze of priests and unlucky squires or servants who'd been instructed to watch the little devil in their absence.

At about age seven, Casimir was squired to Eamon the brave, an old and well-respected knight who had also been his father's mentor. The two didn't get along very well at first, but Eamon persisted just like how he had persisted with Caspian, and at least partially succeeded in disciplining the unruly child. While Casimir didn't have much of a choice at first, he eventually grew to like and respect Eamon and by the time he turned ten, the two were as close as family.

Perhaps the gods were cruel to simultaneously claim the lives of Caspian and Anuin on an important mission for the order. Or perhaps they were kind for providing Casimir with a shoulder to cry on when the bodies were returned to Stavinburg for final honors. The years that followed proved difficult for both Eamon and Casimir as Eamon was beginning to feel the effects of old age and Casimir grew still and dispassionate.

The final blow struck when Eamon was killed in an assault on a transport from Eloine that he and several more knights had been tasked to guard. While Casimir escaped with his live and was awarded for his bravery in the onslaught, it only served to estrange Casimir further from everyone else in the order. Now parentless and without a mentor, Casimir no longer feels Stavinburg is his home and is waiting for the right opportunity to leave.

Last edited:
7Kk9Yfd.png

Leander Kilnwood
25 | Marband | Atheno, Verlendia

Appearance: Handsome. Gorgeous. Stunning. are all words that people have used to describe Leander. He stands at 6'2" and has an athletic build. His hair is long with dark brown roots that balayage to auburn. Leander wears his hair differently most days but almost always sports a braid of some kind. He also experiments with jewelry in his hair, ears, and nose.

Leander has olive kissed skin, free from blemishes, and stunning light green eyes. His lips are full and his five o'clock shadow is perfectly maintained against his defined jawline.

Leander dresses well and it is clear that his clothes are made by a craftsman using expensive materials. He favours function over form and leans toward pieces that allow him the most range of motion. However, he also has pieces for upscale events.

*Please note that Leander does not have gauged earrings but he does wear golden earrings as seen in the picture from time to time.

History: Leander was born the third son to a well-revered name in all of Verlandia; the Kilnwood family. The Kilnwoods bore three separate Dragon Riders in their long history, Adrius Kilnwood (Leander's grandfather) Malik Kilnwood (Leander's great grandfather), and Aerilyn Kilnwood (Leander's great, great grandmother) which brought the family name power, wealth, and respect. However, the history of bearing Dragon Riders would come to an end when the Great Disease struck and robbed Leander's father, Andross, his chance at following in his family's footsteps.

As young as Leander could walk, he was raised to be what his father could never be; a Dragon Rider. His childhood was robbed of innocence and he seldom was permitted to socialize with others and play with the town's children. Leander was bred and raised for one purpose, and one purpose only: greatness, to be a Dragon Rider, to reclaim the family name and ensure its legacy for years to come. But a child without a childhood would surely rebel and make mistakes, and Leander did just that, and when he did, he was punished gravely.

He was six the first time Andross struck him. The child had wandered outside of the manor's gates and found himself after a ball rolling down the cobblestone roads. Leander eventually caught up to the ball and spent the next hour playing in the streets with other children. But his taste of innocence would be soured when his father found him and struck him in the streets for peering eyes to see and it wouldn't be the last time he was corrected for inappropriate behaviour.

As Leander aged, he began to show promise in his abilities with the sword and hand to hand combat. He even showed an affinity for natural magic. He was a natural-born warrior and sought out challenges that would provide him short term gratification and affirmation that he never received from his father despite his successes. Leander was slowly becoming known as the pride of the Kilnwood family (at least for those who didn't know about his rotten personality) and rumours were bubbling that he would be the next Dragon Rider of the family.

Strengths and Skills
[*]A Natural-Born Warrior: Leander has been trained to be a warrior since as soon as he could walk. He is prominent in the ability to wield a blade proficient in hand to hand combat. Although he prefers to fight with a weapon, he is just as lethal without.

[*]Determined and Hardworking: For everything Leander is, lazy is not one of them. He is determined and he works hard. Leander is the type to work until his hands are bleeding and although he might take a moment to sulk, he will not give up.

[*]A Keen Eye: Although Leander is clueless to social cues, he is heavily observant of the smallest of actions and changes in the environment around him. Don't try and slip one past him, it won't work.

[*]Cleverly Cunning: Leander is excellent at getting what he wants through manipulation. He can persuade people to do his bidding or otherwise and have them think it was their idea. He is deceptive and for a man that has tantrums like a child, he is surprisingly good at devising strategies and applying them.

[*]Social Standing: The Kilnwoods are a powerful and respected family name in Verlandia and as such, have been involved in royalties and courts for a long time. Because of that, Leander will always be "well off" and he can leverage his family's power over many.

Weaknesses and Vices
[*]Skewed Moral Compass: Leander wasn't raised as a typical child and his sense of right and wrong is heavily skewed because of it. Instead, Leander serves only his own ideas of right and wrong no matter how unorthodox they appear to be.

[*]"Arrogant Prick!" A slur Leander has heard a number of times. He thinks highly of himself, and his family name and his pride can be off-putting.

[*]"Selfish Prick!" Another slur Leander has heard a number of times resulting from him often only thinking of himself and acting regardless of how it might affect others.

[*]Privilege: Although Leander has a traumatic childhood, he has never experienced the hardships of coming from nothing. His family is well off and he has only known luxury, which results in his lack of gratitude for things. He also has expensive taste.

[*]Lost Boy: Being robbed of your childhood leaves you a childish adult. Leander either has outbursts or sulks when things don't work in his favour or how he imagines they should be.

Bonds and Banes
[*]Bond: Leander holds himself to the promise and expectation of his family to become a Dragon Rider. He will become someone to be respected, to be envied, and to be celebrated.
[*]Bane: "....my father.."

Traits, Qualms, and Ideals
[*]Qualms: Leander cannot ask for help, otherwise, he risked being punished for not being able to do it on his own. He also is wary of other people's kind gestures as it is a warmth he is unfamiliar with.
[*]Traits: Leander is beautiful and sometimes described as somewhat feminine. Women flock to him, men dislike him. He can also be somewhat vain, taking pride in his appearance and even judging others for theirs.
[*]deals: Leander stands for himself. He is childish and only cares about one person; Leander. He has no ideals and if you were to ask him what he stands for, he would laugh. It is a foreign concept to him, one that is designed for the weak of heart. He lives for himself. He stands for himself. He is all that matters.

Motivation, Personal Goal, and Defining Act
[*]Motivation: Love and acceptance from his family, particularly his father, and fear of being a nobody.
[*]Personal Goal: Leander's personal goal is to be renowned and known as someone great. He wants people to turn their heads and know who he is. It will be with the acceptance of the many, that he can cast aside the importance of the acceptance of his father.
[*]Defining Act: The day Leander's father first struck him - a trauma that will haunt him forever and change him for good.

School of Magic: Natural Magic
[*]Light magic - Leander is fairly experienced with light magic and has learned to manipulate and shape visible light into physical objects. He has also practiced manipulating people's sense of sight through light magic. Lastly, he has been researching rumours about advanced light users controlling shadow.

Last edited:

NATALIA PATITACCI
Marband | 18 | Verlendia, Atheno

Name:
Natalia Patitacci

Nicknames:
Nat (close friends only)

Race:
Marband

Home Territory:
Verlendia, Atheno

Profession:
Crown Princess, Noblewoman

Description:

Natalia has been described as an acquired taste by other Marband suitors, whose ideal woman is made of little more than curves and a brainless head with plump lips. Natalia, by contrast to this idealized notion of noble womanhood, is lanky and bears the scars of a sickly childhood: skinny at the arms and legs, and, charitably, flat as a washerwoman's board. Wide-set green eyes and lips seemingly perpetually parted to bare wide, but pleasantly white, teeth coupled with a slender grace to her face lend her a feminine air that might have placed her among the great beauties of her time were it not for a childhood dominated by disease. Honey-brown hair is kept short about her face in loose curls, and she wears her hair down as befitting of a maiden.

Rarely is Natalia seen in garments outside of the dress of statecraft and politics. She wears conservatively cut dresses, gowns, and cloaks of subdued colors ranging from forest greens to deep maroons, with a personal preference for rich purples with white details. She is rarely seen without her mother's wedding band tucked beneath her bodice or displayed about her neck upon a chain, which is inlaid with a fiery ruby, a gem with close connections to her family's heritage.

History:

The Patitacci family's line stretches back into the very history of Verlandia's formation. The Patitaccis are migrants from Taz'Dien's Range of Lore, from which they mined precious gems - chief among them the ruby, for which the family took its household's colors. A dark maroon tinged with elements of amber and yellow form the core of the Patitacci family's heraldry. Their sigil has been adapted to Verlandia's stylizations, depicting a mining pick clutched in the talons of a hawk along a field of maroon and purple after their marriage into Verlandia's noble families generations ago.

In the background of many notable events throughout Verlandia's history, the Patitacci family is often there in part. This comes as no surprise, as with its wealth still dug from the ground in the Range of Lore and several estates to its name, the Patitaccis enjoy a level of wealth influence not common even among the nobility. Chief among their accomplishments, however, is a seat at the Gilded Court, granting them unparalleled soft power in shaping the politics of Verlandia.

Natalia was born into a powerful family name, but name alone did not spare her from the ravages of nature. She spent much of her early childhood bed-ridden and sick, and did not fully recover until she was twelve, by which time she had taken on a gaunt appearance, one only just now beginning to widen out into something passing as healthy. Left immobile as she was, Natalia absorbed herself into books and stories, and relished at the tales of war her older brother told her, filtered of course for a child's ears. She grew up with ideas of escaping her prescribed life, full of its rules and expectations, to be free and adventure like her brother.

But, as the eldest girl in the family, she was left to play at court and entertain suitors, fading into the background as her brothers grew older and took on more leadership within the family affairs. As is custom, by her 16th year, Natalia was put out on the market to be wed to another Crown Prince in the Gilded Court, adding another family to the collection the Patitaccis had established over the years and perhaps serving as another greater merger between noble households. For Natalia's part, she was invested in the courtship and engagement, only to be met with indifference by her future husband. Thus it was she was both thankful and disappointed when the wedding plans were delayed upon the announcement of the Dragon Egg Ceremony in Stavinburg, and both her family and her betrothed departed together to attend and further cement the bond between the households.

Strengths and Skills:

• Scholarship - Natalia is well-versed in the history and workings of the world, having spent much of her childhood with little to do but read and learn, much to her father's chagrin
  • Socially Gifted - As befitting of her station as a woman at court, if not practiced in the fires of a real court then at least schooled in formal tutoring sessions, Natalis is well-versed and rather gifted at speaking kindly and avoiding social pitfalls
  • Wealth and Connections - The Patitaccis are a powerful family, with several lesser houses under their control in Verlandia as well. A great many people owe her family favors, and their operation of several successful enterprises means that Natalia shall never be short for coin or favors
  • Unassuming - There is nothing particularly noteworthy about Natalia at first glance when among equals, something she has learned to wield as gracefully as her brother might wield his sword
  • Dexterous - Though Natalia could not muster the strength for much beyond walking about her chambers and the family library as a child, she adored dance lessons, and has remained nimble-footed and quick in her early adulthood as well
Ideals:

• Noble Womanhood - Natalia holds herself to a strict code of noble conduct, which at times can read as condescending but she acts with honor and intention, and is loathe to break from noble traditions
  • "There is no life sweeter than the one I choose" - Natalia has lived her life romanticizing the image of a free spirit, viewing independence as the first component necessary in a full, complete life
  • Romanticism - Though certainly extending to her romantic relationships, more generally, having grown up with several stories and books, Natalia generally views events through rose-tinted glasses she can't quite seem to forgo

Weaknesses and Vices:

• Naive - Natalia fancies herself a well-studied noblewoman, and though that may be true, she has very little practical experience with the world and a skewed view of how it works
  • Scars of Sickness - Besides her talent at dancing, Natalia is frail and skinny, unable to put on much muscle or weight despite her best attempts to, leaving her out of shape
  • Spoiled and Impatient - Natalia has never wanted for much, leaving her with an attitude of "I want it, and I want it now" - her patience is thinner than she is
  • Expensive Tastes - Natalia will naturally default to the most expensive luxuries and items, even when unnecessary or improbable to be available, making her irritable to work with for those not accustomed to her wealth

Bonds and Banes:

• Familial Bonds - Natalia has as good a relationship with her parents as a noblewoman with great expectations on her shoulders can, and her relationship with her brother is stronger than steel, and she has even made a good impression on her betrothed's family in spite of her physical shortcomings
  • Independent Streak - Whenever possible, Natalia will attempt to exert her independence to often destructive ends when not left in check by a commanding presence such as her father or brother
  • Betrothed - Natalia's betrothed, Joshea Docecil, is well-connected to the military of Atheno and was raised as an officer in the Pale Guard with a decorated twelve years of service, from the time he was sixteen to the present day where he has been made a general of a regiment of foot soldiers instead

• MOTIVATION: Break free from a life whose path has been laid before her and discover herself through achieving her independence
  • PERSONAL GOAL: Marry for love, not for politics to assert her status as an individual with claims to independence and self-motivation
  • PERSONAL GOAL: Be raised to nobility beyond that of her current status of Crown Princess, placing her in charge of a city, kingdom, etc.
  • DEFINING ACT: To be determined; her status as a rider will open Natalia to the life she has always wanted.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Owl and Verran

APPEARANCE | Roshan stands at 5'11, and has a well-defined if lithe physique. His short-furred coat is predominantly tawny, and adapted for the arid climate of Maglin. He has a smattering of dark-brown and amber-coloured spots all across his body, but his face and neck sport long stripes instead. He has a rich, wild, dark brown mane sprouting from his head and neck. His most distinguished feature are his crimson irises. He wears simple, practical apparel, mostly cloth and leather.

NAME | Roshan Kiani'En, "Gift Bearer"
AGE | 23
RACE | Amalfi
HOMELAND | Maglin, The Painted Mountains

OCCUPATION | Treasure hunter, explorer, occasional purveyor of trinkets

SCHOOL OF MAGIC | Alchemy: some self-taught, the rest he trained under whatever practitioners he found and was able to bribe or convince to take him on. He's also begun to employ some basic fire natural magic.

RELIGIOUS AFFILIATIONS | He is not a particularly religious man.

ORGANIZATIONS OR CLANS | Kiani, one of the larger Amalfi clans of Maglin, which his family is affiliated with.

HISTORY | Roshan was born as the first of two brothers, his younger twin Banji an unexpected surprise. They were considered a blessing, and had many freedoms as they were raised, though their parents never indulged them to the point of being spoiled. As children from a side branch of an important Amalfi clan, they were taught to be proud of their heritage. As a family integrated into the diverse community of The Painted Mountains, they were welcoming of differences, and open to new people or ideas. Yet, they remained respectful and private of those cultural differences that did set the Amalfi apart from others. This was why both brothers were prepared as could be for being chosen for an Honor Quest. Despite there being no guarantee that would happen, it was likelier if they were shaped into desirable candidates.

So, beside being taught by the local teachers – which is where Roshan first picked up his interest for Alchemy, even if only the basics were taught there – their parents both instructed them as well. Their father in finances, history, and politics, their mother in matters of combat and law. The time of Choosing came, and as it was anticipated, both Roshan and Banji were to take on an Honour Quest. Having been enthralled by the riches and stories of The Painted Mountains, they each decided to find a particular artifact.

It took nearly a year, but Roshan returned home, having succeeded in his quest. Banji did not. Roshan immediately wanted to head out again, but was convinced to wait at first. A few months later, no signs of his brother anywhere, he was not to be restrained anymore, and headed out onto another journey. All his efforts lead him to was confirmation that his other-half-by-blood had died. He was able to retrieve the corpse thanks to some kindly folks who'd recalled a stranger being buried there.

Roshan brought him home, and worked for a time to preserve the dead body as best as he was able. It took time, effort, and the sort of singular focus that he'd scarcely been able to replicate since. In the end Banji was preserved in an enchanted casket, prevented from decaying any further. His task accomplished, Roshan found himself at a loss. His mourning had been permitted, of course, but his work at preserving the body had been looked upon with pity. Now that he had no clear goal anymore, he didn't know what to do with himself.

So, he travelled. First, to Braxin, to participate in the yearly ritual of trying to ascent to the peak of their mountain. After his second attempt, Roshan gave up, certain the task was impossible. Then, he sought Simberliin, for its healing oasis. His brother was dead, true, but perhaps…Yet, even that eluded him. So, he researched legends, history, rumours, anything that might hint at magical items with the sort of power he desired. He sought necromancers, for his own peace of mind. Some of those he found. Others were beyond his reach.

It is said that time heals all wounds. Roshan could very well be taken as emblematic of this saying. He found new joys in life, and his brother's death did not haunt him so terribly anymore. He was still intrigued by the undiscovered potentials of the world, if not so obsessively focused on the impossible anymore. He determined his brother would wish for him to be happy, and so he was.

STRENGTHS |

Clever. Roshan has a sharp mind, a curious nature, and an adventurous spirit. He enjoys things that engage his mind, though is somewhat more oriented towards the practical rather than the theoretical. Oh, he's willing to read, listen, and learn, but ultimately it is the applicable and useful that draws him. He's also generally more self-aware and observant than most give him credit for, but also tends to dismiss what he doesn't care for.

Outgoing. He enjoys meeting new people, having amicable conversations, and participating in group-oriented activities. Roshan's fun-loving, generally easy going, and seems to take the hostility he's come to expect outside of Maglin in stride. Despite the bias against his race in most places, he's somehow able to charm his way into others' hearts – or at least, their pockets. A practiced smile, some flattery, a coin here or there to ease the way; who wouldn't like him?

Hard-working. Roshan is never, ever going to admit to this – it just isn't exciting, you know? – but he does have to put in unmentionable amount of time, dedicated focus, and sheer grueling work to make his successes. The things he desires are great, and to obtain greatness is not simply a matter luck, genius, or the gods' favour, no matter if that's what he tells you.

IDEALS | What he values is simple; a pleasant, engaging life. Whatever enables him that – or at least doesn't prevent it – he considers good. The things that prevent it, he'd prefer to avoid, or if he really has to, might work towards overcoming. Though not an idealist, and not set out to change the world for the better, Roshan is a man of small good deeds. If he sees people in front of him suffering, he will be inclined to help them, generally by providing money or his company. However, the grander the problem, the more likely he'll leave it to someone else to resolve.

WEAKNESSES |

Superficial. While he forms plenty of bonds, a rare few of those are deep. A master of deflection, levity, and sarcasm, he isn't one to let people into his heart easily. Roshan prefers that others do not look beyond his most obvious characteristics, and is similarly content to leave the complexities of his fellows unexplored, their mysteries undiscovered.

Cocky. He's got what it takes, and can do whatever he sets his mind to. Failure doesn't deter him; maybe he was a bit careless, or lacked information, or was unlucky, but so what? There's always next time, and how could anything possibly elude his grasp forever? It is unimaginable that such a thing could exist within the mortal realm.

Capricious. Long-term projects – with the exception of the one that is to be his life's work – are certainly a bane of his. No matter how motivated or engaged in the moment, if Roshan gets to a stopping point and takes a break, he's liable to get another idea or three he'd rather pursue. Sometimes, he gets back to what he 'left for later', but otherwise…if he can, he'll foist the work off to another, or sell the information to any interested party. Work or leisure, he is a man driven by his whims.

Wastrel. Since he's learned how to easily make money, he doesn't mind spending it. He doesn't even care if something's overpriced. If he wants to buy something, he will, if he wants to play games of chance while drunk, he will. If he gets scammed – well, that's how life rolls. Some of Roshan's investments are admittedly worthwhile, but a lot of his coins are wasted on booze, prostitutes, questionable ingredients, and shady information dealers. Hey, if it benefits him even one in ten times, why not?

VICES | Roshan is very self-indulgent and hedonistic. Good food, alcohol, other potentially addictive substances, and sex – when he's in the mood for it, he'll binge on any and all of these. Thankfully, he has a work hard, play hard mentality, even if strangers tend to see just the latter. He's also fond of praise, is a bit of a thrill-seeker, and can be easily tempted into inadvisable situations if they pertain to his interests.

TRAITS | Though striving for cooperation first and foremost, Roshan is not a pushover. If someone is determined to hate or dislike him regardless of his initial politeness, he will soon use his sharp tongue to full effect. There is a surprisingly caustic side to him, as he has perhaps too much fun retaliating against those who have earned his ire. He's not afraid of brawls, though he's as liable to win as he is to lose. He enjoys the feel of dice in his fingers, the sound they make as they click together and roll, and any games involving them.

BONDS | He will provide for his family, regardless of their strained relationship. Whenever Roshan returns home, he brings them plentiful gifts, hence his moniker. His self-made vow is to live his life to the fullest – so that even his deceased younger twin Banji may be satisfied.

BANES | Roshan is his own worst enemy. Whatever personal insecurities he has, he buries underneath (false or genuine) cheer and confidence. When he cares deeply, the thought of loss pains him unbearably, and confuses him, therefore, he rejects it. He prefers not to care. Which leads him to question if he is honest about his most private goal, or if it's just a fantasy he constructed to feel better about himself. Most of the time, he just doesn't think about it. Similarly, he detests it when others ask of him what he could barely ask of himself. Roshan is chronically allergic to duty. If someone wants to rely on his skills, that's fine, but as soon as it's a question of relying on him emotionally, he'll likely fall through.

MOTIVATIONS | He wishes to stay true to himself. Change is inevitable, of course, but he dreads losing his youthful energy and charm. He has seen what age and tragedy can do to people – he doesn't want to happen that to himself. Therefore, he values what he does have, even if subtly; his clan, his family, his friends.

QUALMS | Roshan doesn't know if there's anyone who can genuinely stand him on a long-term basis, and especially not when he's at his worst. His family used to provide him that social security and stability, but everything changed so much – yet remained painfully the same. It's why he first left home, after all, and each subsequent visit convinces him that the pieces don't fit any more – they never will again.

PERSONAL GOAL | One of his career goals is to master alchemy to the point of becoming capable of Life-Force Manipulation. Another is becoming the most famous and prolific treasure hunter there is. He'd appreciate the recognition for one, and for another, the more credibility he has, the more likely it is for him to gain resources for the most dangerous and appealing of expeditions.

DEFINING ACT | Returning triumphant from his Honor Quest only to discover Banji had not, and was presumed dead. His decision to travel, then his first forays outside of Maglin.

SKILLS |

Alchemy. Roshan specializes in matter alteration and the creation of magical items. He has the basic know-how of potion making – he can follow existing recipes, or slightly alter them, and has a few staples he's used to making. His creativeness leads him to try his hand at experimentation, but the spots in his theoretical foundation often make that a destructive process, his successes at creating a new potion few and far between.

Scouting. From gathering rumours about objects and places of interest to actual physical exploration of an area, Roshan's pretty good at uncovering and navigating places that not much is known about. He's got an eye for details, which helps with discovery of any traps. He can make a decent map if need-be. Of course, he's most comfortable in the environments of his homeland, though his expeditions into the other continents are gradually familiarizing him with an entirely different sort of terrain as well.

Combat. His wanderings are just as prone to take him to abandoned ruins where the danger is mainly environmental as they are to lead him to areas infested with monsters, predators, or even violently unwelcoming locals. He's learned to fend for himself, though he does favour retreat. His weapons of choice are a sabre, and a sling. He has magically enhanced and/or potion containing projectiles for the latter.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Owl