Riders in the Sky OOC/Profiles/Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds good. At least it does to me. But there would be one discrepancy. As I recall, Solreaver never said whether the place is a normal settler colony or a Bandit hole. ( correct me if I'm wrong. )\

So, If you were to visit the colony where I am, that would involve either.

1. A ship of your own.
2. Hitchhiking on another merchant ship, although like I said earlier, most don't go to locked colonies simply because of Raiders.
3. Hiring a "discreet" smuggler to get you inside.

Then bam! You're on the unnamed planet.

-Then again you can be traveling by UGF for some work around the area then get side-swiped by the *excuse my language* shitstorm of stuff that may or may not happen.
I like option 3, but option 4 could be exciting.

Edit: But then maybe I'll make it so the bounty is in Japan, she takes him out, gets the reward, and buys her own ship afterwards when she becomes interested in the unnamed planet for whatever reason.

I like option 3, but option 4 could be exciting.

Edit: But then maybe I'll make it so the bounty is in Japan, she takes him out, gets the reward, and buys her own ship afterwards when she becomes interested in the unnamed planet for whatever reason.

You say you like option 4. *nervous laughter*

Funny thing is, its eventually going to happen... All you need to do is capitalize on it.

*edit*
I bought my ship a few years ago with the 30kC (kilo-Credits) I received from my younger sister Alice.
It may be a three seater, but it's pretty old, even with the semi-ample defense system. So, I'm gonna guess that a two seat with a bedroom would cost around the range of 50kC-75kC, without would be around 40kC-65kC. This in itself would depend upon the dealer, AND would have to be purchased off of the black-market, due to the small price, and that if the UGF can charge you for something, they probably will. Driving your own ship is frowned upon but allowed nonetheless simply due to the fact that they cant handle everyone traveling through the systems by the means of only their transportation to protect themselves from the liability of being held responsible for either...

1. Bandit attacks. (which in any case are probably seeking a death-wish, or as a distraction
2. A failure in the system. (Then all the ships are in danger of either landing off course, or drifting into unmarked space)

But if you are looking for a single seat, ship that is mainly for transportation, with minimal to no weaponry. Then try looking around for any manufacturers that allow for custom crafts so you can shave a good 30kC off the price. I'm pretty sure you can find one around Tokyo.

Alrighty then. If you can scrounge around 10-15kC, I'm sure you can procure a ship to travel around with. If not, purchase a 500 Credit ticket to around the outskirts/frontier locations with a locked colony nearby and hope for the best.

@solReaper don't hate me for this. plz

Last edited by a moderator:
Or you could be brought along by Ryker's UGF strike crew, as a bounty hunter coming along as a sort of independent-but-reporting-to-Ry type of person. That'd guarantee a free ride, and some free equipment and supplies, as long as you stayed in contact.

Or you could be brought along by Ryker's UGF strike crew, as a bounty hunter coming along as a sort of independent-but-reporting-to-Ry type of person. That'd guarantee a free ride, and some free equipment and supplies, as long as you stayed in contact.
Hmm... Okay. I'll mess with my things a little and do that. XD That's actually a really good idea.

Well then. Don't tell all of us just yet. That'll ruin the fun of it!

I've got some tricks up my sleeves. And some potential plot twists.

The title of the RP reminds me of "Riders on the Storm" by The Doors...

You too?! :D *highfives Insanity*

Well then, you sure took no time in finding that dropship.

Curse you and your goggles. Curse them all (joking)

But lol though, what ever you do, DONT EAT THEM.
They'll probably get you sick. lel

No, he won't eat them. They're not targets, until they shoot at him. Then he will kill and eat everyone there. Only little pieces, though, he's kinda full.

*Injun nods in the background and tosses away the leg*

Should I go into the RP and edit my entry a tad to fit the new idea then?

Better watch out nao!

ERMAGAWD
LOL
I APPLIED FOR THIS BEFORE
I KNEW THIS WAS CREEPILY FAMILIAR
YOU GUYS ARE IN TROUBLE
LIEK
WOAH
DRACONIAN
HE'S GONNA TEAR ANYONE IN HIS WAY APART
LOL
HE'D EVEN KILL RYKER, UNLESS RYKER IS REALLY PISSED!

WOW LOOK AT ALL THIS GLORIOUS CONVERSATION I DON'T GET TO BE A PART OF BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS ASLEEP

As I recall, Solreaper never said whether the place is a normal settler colony or a Bandit hole. ( correct me if I'm wrong.)
The town Isaac lives in is a UGF settlement that got put on Lock. After everyone either died out or fled, bandits started making their hideouts in the abandoned buildings. It was pretty anarchic at first, especially with the UGF constantly on their asses, but after the Skyriders came and cleaned the place up it's been something of its own colony. UGF presence is not taken kindly in Dunsford (name of the Colony that I COMPLETELY forgot to mention), and if any federation dogs show their faces around here, they're in for a hell of a gunfight.

@solReaper don't hate me for this. plz
Why would I hate someone for expanding upon my background information? :D

ERMAGAWD
LOL
I APPLIED FOR THIS BEFORE
I KNEW THIS WAS CREEPILY FAMILIAR
YOU GUYS ARE IN TROUBLE
LIEK
WOAH
DRACONIAN
HE'S GONNA TEAR ANYONE IN HIS WAY APART
LOL
HE'D EVEN KILL RYKER, UNLESS RYKER IS REALLY PISSED!
Easy there, bronco, you're dealing with a HARDENED PROFESSIONAL here

The title of the RP reminds me of "Riders on the Storm" by The Doors...
So I'm not the only one that thought that! :'D
THAT MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE BEEN THE INSPIRATION FOR THE NAME OF THE RP

Easy there, bronco, you're dealing with a HARDENED PROFESSIONAL here

And then there are Draconians.

With thick scale, a great mind for fighting and tactics, claws on their hands and feet, and with vision that lets them see pretty well in the dark. And quite good with any weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.