Riders in the Sky OOC/Profiles/Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND BY "STARTING ON THE 10TH" I MEAN COMPLETELY FORGETTING AND HAVING TO DO OTHER THINGS I'M SORRY WE GOOD TO GO NOW

LINK IS HERE

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Novus
I'm still game, just so you feel better.

Reactions: Spoopy
[expression of interest]

[point to make character soon]

Heh, just gotta do a little brainstorming! This sounds cool!

Name: Brachus "Injun" Karamrr

Race: Injun is what is called a Kysmrr, a race of desert-living, predatory humanoids that have grown an exoskeleton and pointed teeth.

Faction: Outlaw

Personality: Brachus doesn't talk. This is normal for his race, though, most of whom use nuero-communication devises that translate their thought into speech. He doesn't like the idea of something hacked into his brain. Brachus is an excellent hunter and can work just as well with others as he can alone. He is always covered in clothing, and rarely does he openly reveal anymore of his body then his hair and hands. He believes his insect/human visage terrifies people into not hiring him. Injun also despises androids and artificial intelligence, believing only natural creatures should be intelligent of their own accord.

Bio: Brachus grew up in his colony home, out in a desert area of his home planet. As a boy he was trained like any other, how to hunt, to fight, and occasionally how to use UGF technology. He was instilled with his colony's belief that the only 'real' intelligence is that which is born, and not built. A rebellious adolescent, we learned all that he could and then defied tradition; he left the colony to carve out a living in the rest of the worlds. Brachus found he was not alone, that many others of his kind had his idea of leaving their colony. All of them used nuero-communicators, devises that hacked into a Kysmrr's brain and transmitted select thought as speech. He didn't like that idea, so he never used one. Using his talents, he became a notorious bounty hunter, known to always bring in proof of kill or capture. Of course, he never got many clients. His silence made him hard to deal with and his appearance terrified many of the humans he would work with or around. He began covering himself with clothing, so as to not frighten away customers. He was also feared for his absolute brutality when it came to kill targets. Brachus would often eat some of their corpse and return the scalp of the target to the client. This earned him the nickname "Injun", dug up from history textbooks of how certain sub-races of humans called Indians would remove the scalp of their enemies as a trophy. He mainly uses the spear that has beein in his family for generations, a seven shot revolver he acquired early on into his bounty-hunting escapades, and a bone dagger he made himself as a child. An illegal bounty hunter, he was always on the run from the law and soon became a rebel fighter, often attacking AGF caravans and troops. And now he's here.

Equipment:
His spear, given to him by his father.
Spear.jpg

His revolver, a seven shot.
Revolver.jpg

And his Bone Dagger, which he made himself as a child.
Bone knife.jpg
Appearance:Desert Stalker.jpg

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar~"

Oh gods, I read a bit and saw that this was inspired (in part) by firefly and nearly jumped out of my skin. I want in lol, if its still open that is.

Name: Insanity, often referred to as Insania by fellow Goliaths. She is only seen in her mask in public, so she is known as "Monokuro" around the places she travels to in Japan.

Race: She is the member of a 26-person species known as Goliaths. They are well-known for being graceful, and are all unique based on race. She and her mother are the only two members of the Piscean race. They are black-blooded people who bend shadows and electricity, and normally live near watery places because of their water-breathing abilities. She has night vision, and an ability adopted from her mother to see spirits/souls/ghosts/etc. Her black blood allows her to regenerate.

Faction: Not currently specified.

Occupation: Leader and founder of the Piscean League, who are partners with the UGF. Possible future mercenary.

Personality: Insania is a girl that wants to be friends with everyone. She can be rather shy towards people she doesn't trust. If you get to know her well enough, she is actually a very energetic and bubbly young lady who will follow you everywhere like a baby duckling. She is rather hard to befriend, and if you make her upset with you enough, she may hold a grudge against you. She loves kittens, enjoys music and art, and her favorite foods are eel and squid. She eats souls as well, which make her more powerful. When fighting, she acts extremely deranged, though-- hence her name. She will do anything to defeat her enemy, even if it means losing her head metaphorically and literally. She won't stop until her opponent is dead.

Bio: She was born to a powerful empress on another planet, and was sent to Earth to learn about other life forms. Insania was raised as in orphan for most of her life by an elderly woman who died from an illness soon later. Eventually, more people in the village caught the disease, and chased her out after everyone agreed she was a Demon who cursed them. They all died off 4 months later, and she left to live in Tokyo where more people were accepting of beings from other planets. After settling down, she began forming her own committee, known as the Piscean League.

Equipment:
-
A black and white mask with a smile painted on it.
- "Snake Scythe", a scythe with a mind of its own. The blade twists and turns like a snake to easily eliminate enemies. Can shock enemies with electricity powered by a strong material called carbyne.

Appearance: image.jpg
She has white/light grey skin. Natural markings on her face consist of three dots under each eye, and a stripe on each cheek. Her hair is a golden blonde, and like every Piscean before her, has blue/aqua/purple highlights in the ends of her hair. Her eyes are totally aqua, and glow. When she is stressed or angry, they turn bright red. These eyes allow her to see in the dark, and see spirits. Insania stands at 5'1", and is rather slim. She is very lightweight, which supports her cat-like agility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Solistor
Don't you think you should wait to get approved before you jump in?

@Thomas McTavish and @Insanity, your profiles have been accepted!

@Ferril: The RP is still open to new players, and probably will be as long as it continues.

VerbalAbuse is right, wait until your profile gets accepted before joining in the IC.

Ahehe, well I'm sorry for jumping in. I'm new to the forums here.

It's all good, now you know. :P
For some RPs that's acceptable; jump-ins for instance, but in RPs where you sign up first, it's proper etiquette to wait for a profile to be accepted.

So is the giant newt (Wendel) the only one with a rocket launcher? Really? You'd think mercenaries would be ready for armor!

It's not necessarily that but more the question of, who would have the time (or space) to carry a rocket launcher?

Plus, cant we just use a Detonation Pack (Det-pak or C4) to get the job done?

You can always carry it in a sling or attached to a pack. The military today pulls it off.

And are they able to dodge gun sling mercenaries and other fast moving objects?

Lets note that that works on a team basis, not everyone is sent out with a rocket launcher and plus, they have a team to help distract the enemy while they whip out the big guns.

Well, first off, Wendel is mostly power muscle and above average aerobic muscle, so he's fast on his feet unless he's encumbered by swinging objects like loose bags or unfastened weapons. His rocket launcher may never be fastened and may always be loose, but if he secures it with his arm, he can perform a swift combat roll.

Second, where his agility fails him, he also has natural armor, along with leather and plate armor to keep him from taking too much damage from getting shot - although explosions, acid, and plasma weapons will cut right through him.

So the rocket launcher is good for taking out any possible threats to him, which are often enemy armor. He likes to make sure he's safe. He's an excellent solo worker.

So really, you'd think that if the rough-skinned newt is packing heat, everyone else would be packing, too. At least AP ammo.

Well, first off, Wendel is mostly power muscle and above average aerobic muscle, so he's fast on his feet unless he's encumbered by swinging objects like loose bags or unfastened weapons. His rocket launcher may never be fastened and may always be loose, but if he secures it with his arm, he can perform a swift combat roll.

Second, where his agility fails him, he also has natural armor, along with leather and plate armor to keep him from taking too much damage from getting shot - although explosions, acid, and plasma weapons will cut right through him.

So the rocket launcher is good for taking out any possible threats to him, which are often enemy armor. He likes to make sure he's safe. He's an excellent solo worker.

So really, you'd think that if the rough-skinned newt is packing heat, everyone else would be packing, too. At least AP ammo.

Ah, I see. But still. It seems a little overkill to blast someone with a rocket launcher.

If not that, then the ammo is a bit of the second problem. How does Mr. Strongman carry it? That in the sense would hinder maneuverability, unless it's tied by shoulder strap. (Can I call him Mr. Strongman? Please? :3)

Final comment. The collateral damage would be... large to say the least.

Lol sorry for being so... harpy/nagging. But I'm just curious.

First, he only uses the rocket launcher on either large groups of infantry, or on armor. It's AA/AP - Anti-Armor/Anti-Personnel.

Second, it's a quad rocket, of course, so if he watches his shots, he should be fine. If he runs out of ammunition, he may need to retreat to a warehouse or something to get more, but he certainly has the cash to purchase more, so long as he's in town, where he has a supplier - albeit shortages have hiked up the price. They are on lock, of course.

Nom nom nom. Thanks. I feel better already.

I just wanted to clear some things up since it felt so weird reading your bio.

yoooo this is alive!?

Cool, I'll start writing my post soon. Might be tonight, might be tomorrow morning. But soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.