Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Action-adventure, adult characters, alternate universe, anime, crime drama, cyberpunk, darker themes, drama, dystopia, eastern, edo, epic quest, fairy tale, fantasy, feudal, futuristic, grimdark, heian, high fantasy, low fantasy, magic, modern, modern fantasy, modern scifi, paranormal, psychological, romance, scifi, supernatural, urban fantasy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ser K+
Any tiny amount of internet research would have provided you with a cultural definition for both these terms, so I'm inclined to believe you're tryna start a fuss. :(

"Pansexual" means "exhibiting or implying many forms of sexual expression." This is the dictionary definition, folks. What I can't understand is: There are only two genders, so does that imply sexual attraction to anything with a hole, whether human or animal? Does that mean men, women, and transsexuals?

Pansexuality is more or less an attraction to people of any gender identity (Including nonbinary genders). While may seem exactly like bisexuality, the difference comes when the definition of bi means attraction to only males and females. But, terms like those are... subjective, to say the least.

As for "Asexual," a human being can't be asexual. That's mostly plants species with spores and unicellular lifeforms. "Asexual" means "not having or including sex; of or relating to a kind of reproduction that does not involve the combining of male and female cells." Again, this is the dictionary definition. Here's another good definition: "Asexual reproduction is a mode of reproduction by which offspring arise from a single organism, and inherit the genes of that parent only; it is reproduction which almost never involves ploidy [(which is a degree of repetition of the basic number of chromosomes, like how humans always have 46 chromosomes - 23 from mother and 23 from father)] or reduction. The offspring will be exact genetic copies of the parent." Different types are fission, budding, and fragmentation for starters.

It doesn't make any sense; it's not correct. In all actuality, I rather think Iwaku should take that (Asexual) option off.

Now, we all know the rules here. Let's keep it civil. If you have information pertaining to the correctness of the usage of the latter in terms of people, please provide me with a link to your resource. By all means.

Definitions are courtesy of Merriam-Webster.

What you're basically saying is that, because the term "asexual" doesn't fit the exact definition, it shouldn't be acknowledged at all. Which is close minded, and quite frankly, extremely silly. If we're running off exact definitions, I can also bring up a few online dictionaries that state the other common meaning of asexual, being a lack of sexual desire.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ashi
What would I do that for? I'm not trying to get myself banned. I want to simply expand my understanding. You'd be surprised that I don't hear those terms tossed around any place but science labs, not among friends or crushes. Why not ask others?

Keep in mind, gay didn't officially include homosexuality as a dictionary definition until the mid 1950's. Cultural use virtually always precedes dictionary use.

I honestly don't understand why this has so many smites.

Oh wait. Sexuality.

Okay, well Asexual. When unscientifically used by humans it generally means that they don't have the ability to classify anything as attractive.

And Pansexual. When unscientifically used by humans it generally means that they would lay with anything that moves.
... Anything.

I don't support changing anything that's already set up, but it's nothing to get riled up over.

• Thank You
I've been defined as asexual to an extent, with heterosexual tendencies which does put something out there about being natural attracted to the opposite sex. But in general, I find no female or male to be attractive. Nothing looks or feels right save for a few special cases. Shoot, masturbation is barely interesting.

• Thank You
Any tiny amount of internet research would have provided you with a cultural definition for both these terms, so I'm inclined to believe you're tryna start a fuss. :(
Ah, mkay. The first search I did gave me all scientific definitions and references. A second search gave more cultural definitions.

What is the point of this thread?
To expand knowledge and understanding.

"Pansexual" means "exhibiting or implying many forms of sexual expression." This is the dictionary definition, folks. What I can't understand is: There are only two genders, so does that imply sexual attraction to anything with a hole, whether human or animal? Or does that mean men, women, and transsexuals?
"Pansexuality rejects the gender binary, the "notion of two genders and indeed of specific sexual orientations", as pansexual people are open to relationships with people who do not identify as strictly men or women." - Pansexuality Wikipedia

As for "Asexual," a human being can't be asexual.
While what you stated about asexuality is in fact correct, asexuality is an acceptance for sexual orientation, or atleast is becoming an acceptance. There is still debates on whether this can be considered a sexual orientation or not, but nonetheless, definition here:

"Asexuality (or nonsexuality) is the lack of sexual attraction to anyone, or low or absent interest in sexual activity. It may be considered the lack of a sexual orientation, or one of the four variations thereof, alongside heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality." - Asexuality Wikipedia

I advise you to do some research on these (as you could have before making the thread), which is half the reason why I linked my sources. The other half being to give credit. I understand not many people are knowledgeable when it comes to these two topics, so you're good. Just try to do more research on topics before making threads like this about them, to avoid any unintentional anger or such.

Aight, I'm outie.
giphy.gif

• Thank You

Me neither. The OP, while I find a few of his/her points (or simply how he/she presented them) a little iffy, merely wanted some opinions. At least, that's what I hope. Since a little google search probably could have cleared everything up. Especially the mixup between biological and sexual asexuality.

Me neither. The OP, while I find a few of his/her points (or simply how he/she presented them) a little iffy, merely wanted some opinions. At least, that's what I hope. Since a little google search probably could have cleared everything up. Especially the mixup between biological and sexual asexuality.
Exactly right. =3 I just wanted opinions. I can see where I came off as iffy.

And yes, I did another search. I got all the scientific stuff the first time round.

Oh wait. Sexuality.

Okay, well Asexual. When unscientifically used by humans it generally means that they don't have the ability to classify anything as attractive.

And Pansexual. When unscientifically used by humans it generally means that they would lay with anything that moves.
... Anything.

I don't support changing anything that's already set up, but it's nothing to get riled up over.
Close, but no cigar.

Asexuals don't find anyone sexually attractive. You can still look at someone and be like, "hey, they're pretty beautiful". Some asexuals also experience romantic attraction, and some don't. (I won't even get started on the ace spectrum.)

Pansexuals are attracted to all gender identities, including those not conforming to the gender binary. Such genders include non-binary, gender fluid, intersex, etc. They still have standards though, just like everyone else. Some people also define bisexuality the same way, but some people don't, so it's very much a personal decision as to how someone labels themself. And you should always respect that!

• Thank You
Reactions: Koschei and Ashi
Now, we all know the rules here. Let's keep it civil.

Nah. Fuck you and the mustache you rode in on. The staff can ban me.

I think the last opening post I read that was THIS patronizing and passive aggressive was my OWN thread where I was deliberately trolling to start a shitstorm.

We all have dictionaries and Google. We just choose not to be anally-retentive with the definitions and appreciate that some terms have cultural contexts.

Please be quiet now. By all means.

We all have dictionaries and Google. We just choose not to be anally-retentive with the definitions and appreciate that some terms have cultural contexts.
I think some of the posts here already can clearly point out otherwise.

And....

I think the last opening post I read that was THIS patronizing and passive aggressive was my OWN thread where I was deliberately trolling to start a shitstorm.
lol-i-troll-you1.png

*SMACKS ASMO AWAY.* D:<

We went with cultural definitions. People have already explained the definitions. :D Yes, it is also easily googled. Requests for removal denied.

THREAD LOCKED TO PROTECT YOU FROM HARM.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ashi and lostfaith
Status
Not open for further replies.