Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
This is a little bit old now, but in case someone hasn't heard yet Richard Dawkins has suffered a minor stroke recently, but has already recovered enough to return home (although his trip to Australlia will still be delayed), hopefully it stays that way and doesn't get worse.

For those of you who don't know who he is.
In short he's a well known evolutionary biologist and human ethologist.
But he's also well known as a critic of both Religion and Feminism.
(Pause here, note the lack of a debate/discussion tag)

He's written a number of books and is responsible for studies such as tit for tat.
And lastly if you didn't read the main article, he's also the 'inventor' of meme's.

That's...fascinating I guess?

That title. "Richard Dawkins got a stroke" makes it sound like he got a handjob. The medical condition phrasing is usually that someone had a stroke. :P

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
That's...fascinating I guess?
Felt kind of odd just making a thread saying "He had a stroke" and leaving it at that.

Since unless if you're big into the Feminism or Science VS Religion debates/area people might not have a good idea of who he is.
That title. "Richard Dawkins got a stroke" makes it sound like he got a handjob. The medical condition phrasing is usually that someone had a stroke. :P
Changed it.
Thanks for the heads up. :P

Felt kind of odd just making a thread saying "He had a stroke" and leaving it at that.

Since unless if you're big into the Feminism or Science VS Religion debates/area people might not have a good idea of who he is.

Changed it.
Thanks for the heads up. :P
My reaction was TO you making a thread for 'this dude had a stroke'

I for one appreciate the summary, since I knew I'd heard the name before but I didn't know from where. Hah.

Though it's probably the meme thing that I most closely associated his name with. XD

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Ok, there's an update.

Struggling with buttons a bit right now, but other than that recovery is going well.
However, the suspected cause of the Stroke from experts seems to be Stress.
Stress from stuff like Controversy...

Let's remember who we're talking about here.
But he's also well known as a critic of both Religion and Feminism.
Which has me worried a bit, cause there's no way in hell stuff like Controversy is going to be something he's going to suddenly be avoiding.

Ok, there's an update.

Struggling with buttons a bit right now, but other than that recovery is going well.
However, the suspected cause of the Stroke from experts seems to be Stress.
Stress from stuff like Controversy...

Let's remember who we're talking about here.

Which has me worried a bit, cause there's no way in hell stuff like Controversy is going to be something he's going to suddenly be avoiding.
I read the headline for that video, and didn't even bother watching it. Don't know who the guy is, and I can't say I really care. However, this is an ideal point he should learn from.

Don't piss women off and you won't be nagged into a stroke!

What did he think would happen with a youtube video title like that? That he'd get sent tons of home baked cookies and warm wishes? o.O

Status
Not open for further replies.