Quite often
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Dark Fantasy, Fantasy, Zombie, slice-of-life survival, Post Apocalyptic, Cyberpunk, Sci-fi, High Fantasy, Modern, medieval
Man has 'progressed' as far as it can on this world, the entire planet covered in cities, from which black smog arises like smoke from fires. The skies have been blacked out by the perpetual cloud of pollution, gas masks are part of regular attire. CEOs dictate the running of the world, having enslaved the public to their products, as their products provide what they need. Some sell fresh air, others sell lab-grown food and nutrient supplements. Laws no longer exist, just the rules of the stores. Morals have been abandoned, people do whatever they can to survive.

Rotting bodies litter the alleyways, dirty water runs through the streets as caustic rain pours down, slowly disintegrating anything not protected against it. Bloodstains are as common as graffiti. Food, concentrated air, and clean water is transported to Earth from other worlds, and sold to the populace or earned through working for the companies who sell them. The average man is nothing more than a slave, and those who refuse to submit are denied access to commodities and quickly die off, so there is no rebellion against them. Until now.

Are you are a worker in one of the factories, and you receive your wages in clean food, water, and air? If so, you live in dull barracks, manufacturing luxuries for the elite class of this society. You are a slave to your employer, unable to quit because you need the wages to survive.

Or are you one of the higher-ups, playing a dangerous game with your fellow elites? If so, you are the social elite. You are the one enslaving the people to make luxuries for you and your friends. You are the one who owns massive plots of land, thousands of underlings and a million-or-two slaves.

Perhaps you're a middleman, doing as your 'employer' says for a slightly better wage than the regular workers? If so, you are the slave driver, directly controlling the flow of work and supplies. You are paid slightly more than those you are in charge of. You sleep in a private room, and are both respected and feared. You don't know your boss, but you know what will happen if you cease to work. No wage. And if you don't get your wage, you will die of either starvation, dehydration, or suffocation, more likely the latter.

No matter who you are, you're sick of it. And it seems others have the same ideas. Join with others to put an end to the corrupt empires and begin restoring Earth to it's former glory, or escape off-world where you no longer have to put up with the horrors on Earth.

But the real question is, can you survive long enough to accomplish either? Or will it all be in vain? The choice is yours. Each path has its own twists and turns, and forks that may lead to dead ends. Choose wisely. You might just live long enough to see where it leads...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I have to say that I'm rather interested in this; I've always been a fan of grimdark settings, this is for sure. I have a character in mind already that I'd love to use here.

Everyone else needs to get their arse in here and say they wanna' do this too!

I'm am absolutely interested in this idea. I's been awhile since I have been in a possible long term rp. Especially with a plot that sound complex and rather dark. I do hope this idea becomes an rp.

Reactions: 2 people
If another person or two expresses interest, it very well may become an RP.

@Thomas McTavish

I wanted to clear something up about the setting; from what I've read, space travel is rather frequent. What other sorts of technology have progressed as far as energy-based or kinetic-based weapons, medical science, etc. ?

I'm asking because I want to have a good grasp as to what is acceptable and what is not for my CS as far as equipment and other such things are concerned.

Also, I'd been considering asking, if this rp becomes a thing, if we'll be required to have some sort of affiliation with the corporations, or will we be able to have established rebels? Just testing all the waters of possibility.

Technology: The 'lower class' of slave-workers has very limited technology and resources, not very different from what we have today, aside from better gasmasks, smaller tanks of portable air with just as much content, and food that is grown in labs instead of in fields. If the lower class gets sick, they get told to deal with it, they're replaceable if they can't work. The 'middle class' slave drivers would have more access, to better technology. They would have things like tasers, slightly-more-advanced-than-modern medical facilities, security guards would have arc-casters (guns that shoot small bolts of electricity with no need of a wire for a catalyst) to subdue escapees and either plasma casters, laser guns that affect the nervous system, or sound wave guns that use high frequencies to subdue them. The "elite class" CEOs and their families would likely have more stereotypical sci-fi things, such as robotic servants, laser blades used in duels, hovering vehicles for transportation, and injectable compounds that heal wounds rapidly.

Affiliations: All the approved characters are going to be rebels, but initially they will belong to one of three major corporations, which will be named in the official OOC.

Any other questions?

I see; That pretty much covers everything I needed to know about.

Well I am interested from what I've seen. So count me in please .3.

I'll go make the OOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.