Revival of an old RP - Night Parade of a Hundred Demons?

Crow

Whatever, Bullfrag is awesome.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Superheroics, Slice-of-Life, Anime, a fair deal of fandom...
Ibaraki-doji no Hyakki Yagyo | IwakuRoleplay.com

Yeah, this is the dead RP. I'm running a good deal of RPs now, but I will need to gauge interest. I was inspired to revive this due to the rise of a similiar Roleplay.

nightparadeof1000demons.jpg

Every year, one of the four most powerful yokai, Nurarihyon, would lead the grand Hyakki Yagyo throughout the lands. This great march of a hundred different demons would occur at night. It was not reccomended to get in their way, as there were tales than humans who did got whisked away. They have a reputation for fighting other yokai in grand battles for what they refer to as 'honour and justice' for humans and yokai alike.

One fine day, Ibaraki-doji, an oni with a reputation of being the second-hand oni of the one of the four most powerful yet evil yokai, Shuten-doji, decided to join the Hyakki Yagyo, much to the dismay of many. However, Nurarihyon let her partake.

After many years, Nurarihyon passed his position of leader of the Hyakki Yagyo to Ibaraki-doji, much to everyone's shock. After a few months, he disappeared, leaving Ibaraki-doji to lead the clan by herself.

Unfortunately for our new leader, the clan is not very fond of her, and thus it is her job to show that she is worthy of being leader! With new threats and wacky adventures, she knows that she must lead the clan well...

IM INTERESTED
YEP
YEPYEPYEP.

To prevent overload, I will remove the ability for other players to create other clans.

I am also considering replacing the Tsukumogami Forces with the Western Fae Tribe, but I am likely to compromise and include the latter in a later arc.

I initially wanted the stereotypical vampire mansion but using the broader, more traditional definition, Fae cover a good deal of stereotypical monsters.

To prevent overload, I will remove the ability for other players to create other clans.

I am also considering replacing the Tsukumogami Forces with the Western Fae Tribe, but I am likely to compromise and include the latter in a later arc.

I initially wanted the stereotypical vampire mansion but using the broader, more traditional definition, Fae cover a good deal of stereotypical monsters.

What about characters with no clan affiliation, or affiliation of a destroyed clan (for example)? Do players have the option to mess around with that or would you prefer that all players have a clan affiliation this time around?

What about characters with no clan affiliation, or affiliation of a destroyed clan (for example)? Do players have the option to mess around with that or would you prefer that all players have a clan affiliation this time around?
You mean neutral characters and rogues? Well... I'm still thinking about it, but yes, I would really, really prefer it if enough players had a clan affiliation before I allow anyone to be a rogue or wandering character. Just to balance things out a little. In the last RP we had so many Roleplayers concentrated in the main faction.

I was thinking one unaffiliated character for every five affiliated character.

You mean neutral characters and rogues? Well... I'm still thinking about it, but yes, I would really, really prefer it if enough players had a clan affiliation before I allow anyone to be a rogue or wandering character. Just to balance things out a little. In the last RP we had so many Roleplayers concentrated in the main faction.

I was thinking one unaffiliated character for every five affiliated character.

Makes sense. Can't wait to see where this goes. ^.^

3 have expressed interest. Now I shall await more before proceeding.

Feel free to tag friends, foes and whatnot.

This looks like a good deal.

I just thought of something.

Certain higher-up ranks will have certain 'authorities' or 'traits'. Two of these are 'Disband Faction' and 'Banish Member', which are both exclusive to Leader Ranks. Lower, grunt ranks will have certain traits as well.

I'll include special traits for certain categories of species.

At the start, I will have three clans. However, one of them will only be playable from Arc 2 onwards, although signing up for them is possible at . As no one was shown to be interested in the Tsukumogami Forces in the original, I will reduce them to NPC mooks and bosses.

I intend to make the OoC tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yep. Color me interested.

Obviously a ''Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan'' based rp.

It's kind of more based on the same concepts Nurarihyon no Mago was based on. But you aren't exactly wrong. The parallels are uncanny. Nurarihyon no Mago is partial inspiration.

Semi-clueless successor who looks/is 12, cool mob, Onmyoji, rival clans, and mentioning the Murasaki Kagami's kind of a stretch but I'll do it anyways.

Yeah, I'll rock later today.

It's kind of more based on the same concepts Nurarihyon no Mago was based on. But you aren't exactly wrong. The parallels are uncanny. Nurarihyon no Mago is partial inspiration.

Semi-clueless successor who looks/is 12, cool mob, Onmyoji, rival clans, and mentioning the Murasaki Kagami's kind of a stretch but I'll do it anyways.

Yeah, I'll rock later today.
interested

Alright, we need more lower-ranking roles. Anyone up?

I might commence soon.

If you didn't already, count me out. I'm getting longer work days, which means I'm much more busy. Sorry. Enjoy your RP.