Revenant: Freedom (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*came here to moderate Raitoningu*

*noticed everyday members smite the fuck out of him*

*chuckled*

*noticed intro text*

Name: Lloyd Bridger

Occupation: Business Analyst (working closely with Indian call centers)

Age of Death: 34

Time Period: 1920s

Type of Vampire: Rakshasa

Living Descendents:
Stanley Bridger (nephew, late 70s)
Tabitha Bridger (great niece, early 40s)
Jason and Dexter Bridger (great grand-nephews, 20s)​

Faith: Protestant

Phobia: Tokophobia – fear of childbirth, pregnancy, and biological reproduction of any kind, including insect metamorphosis. Nothing is more off-putting to Lloyd than the sight of a pregnant woman, especially one who is smiling and trying to talk to him.

Virtue: Patience

Vice: Greed

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
comm__the_professor_by_littleulvar-d66j6nt.png

Name: Jonathan Ford

Age of Death: 37

Time Period: England 1890s

Type of Vampire: Highgate Vampire

Living Descendents: His nephew, Damian Ford. He also had a daughter, Ophelia Ford. No recollection of what happened to either after he was converted to a vampire.

Faith: Protestant.

Phobia: Cacaphobia, the fear of ugliness.

Virtue: Diligence

Vice: Wrath

Appearance: Jonathan Ford stands at an even six feet and weighs about 180 pounds. His hair is close to a jet black and slicked back by means of modern hair gel, and his eyes are a dark blue. He does not have a rather muscular build, but he is not unfit either. A black suit, a white dress shirt, a black tie, and dark dress shoes are what he is usually seen wearing. Sometimes he puts a napkin within his suit; it gives Jonathan a more "clean" feeling.​

Dang. I should thank that guy for the chance to channel a bit of aggression and nab a whole array of ludicrously awesome roleplayers... I don't think I will, though. It'd be better to just thank all of you, for the interest and the characters. :D

Bastion and Sigurd are in.
You know what they say, any publicity is good publicity! But don't feel that this one person attracted all these players, if the premise is good the people will come naturally, and clearly they have (and likely will continue to)!

• Love
Vampires certainly aren't the most powerful in the world, and playing "god tier" characters would reduce the challenges and story inherent in the concept... starting as such a character, doubly so. If there's no character growth, there's no real need to play that character, is there? You managed to put a 'first post' in this thread that was so utterly and completely pointless that it's actually made me a little depressed. I'm not sure what the intent was. 'I'm going to post this so he knows that I want to play a super-vampire god-thing and will totally let me do that when he sees that I want to join if he makes some changes'?

That's a big ol' "No".

hah sorry. I've recently finished watching Hellsing and now any vampire that isnt a super demon feels under powered :P

Here's a good list of vampires, linked via Wikipedia. By 'standard', I'm talking about what most people imagine when the word 'vampire' is stated. Pale individuals with a human appearance, able to blend in with society. The sort you'd see in a recent Hollywood movie... and not the kind wearing glitter.

Those are 'Glampires', and I have a problem with them. <_<

Aah i knew there was a good term for them, I just couldn't work out what it should be.

DAMN that's an amazing turnout. Alright: Piveta, Jonathan, and Lloyd are in.

The IC is up. As a heads-up, my personal narration will be in the form of Leon's writing. You should strive to act to the RP how you would normally type a post, though. Your first interactions, of course, appear to be waking up 'free' from your sire's influence. Your task here is to find out why. You have a mansion to explore, as well: as well as an "off-limits" cellar and Alexander's room to explore, which I highly suggest some of you do once you get around to establishing your characters. I'll join as my own character after a bit (I might be changing him to a medieval knight instead of a modern martial artist), as well as provide direction via Leon's writings, should we need it.

Sound good?

Name: Adrien Favreau.
Age of Death: 23.
Time Period: France - Napoleonic Wars.
Type of Vampire: Cainite (Brujah).
Living Descendents: Yes, but they are unknown to him, descended from his sister.
Faith: Roman Catholic.
Phobia: Gymnopboic (Fear of Nudity).
Virtue: Chastity.
Vice: Greed.
Appearance: A muscular man of average height and short black hair. He has the body of a fencer - a quick and agile thing capable of moving quickly and assuredly. He has a few marks of nobility about him - though there's something a bit off. He has scars - a good deal of them, as if he's been in far too many fights. This sends off a bit of a 'red flag' in most people. He has the posture of a modern day solider, and the small, well-sculpted face of the French people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good to me! I might not be able to really post much Saturday or Sunday. I'll be at my friend's place playing D&D, as long as nothing happens to prevent it. I will still try my best to post, though.

Ohhh and a quick question

*Edit* A couple of quick questions. Does each character have their own room in the mansion? Also, would the characters have been allowed to keep any personal possessions over the years? Like, say, a Thor's Hammer necklace that they had in their living years? And perhaps weapons?

Last edited:
I had similar questions. Are we in our own rooms?

And I'm guessing that since being turned we have no recollection of anything that happened during that time, yes?

You have your own rooms, yes. You actually have tidbits of memories - basically, times you have had your hope dashed. Events that would hurt you the most. Situations where you were forced to act in ways you normally wouldn't. Horrible events that broke your spirit and made you easier to control.

As such, you were allowed to keep effects from your living years, just so you know how far you've fallen. Weapons and armor as well - those of you with fighting skills have been used as stock troops and soldiers against Hunters and threats (there used to be more Spawn, but a lot of them have been sacrificed or slain over the years).

• Thank You
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Our sire was such a wonderful and kind person! And if you can't sense the sarcasm in those typed words I dunno what to say! lol. This should be pretty fun :D

Ah, speaking of 'Alexander is a monster', I'm going to be using some horror elements in the game (if you couldn't tell from phobia in the character creation). Which means I'm going to get descriptive at certain points - perhaps even offensively so (gore, etc). Is this going to be alright with everyone in the game?

This is as much an agreement between GM and player as it is for the players - I don't want to cross any lines that would make you really uncomfortable, and you've got to make your characters react appropriately to... say, Eldritch Abominations. Vampires aren't the top of the heap in this dark world, after all.

I have no problem with that. Actually, it sounds exciting and interesting to have to write a panic attack.

• Love
Frost, you know how I feel about that. >:3

(Also, I thiiink my character sheet is filled out now.)

Name: Ketsueki Kiba (Ke-Ke)
Age of Death: 13
Time Period: A few years after WWII - 1950s
Type of Vampire: Estrie
Living Descendants: Her parents died whilst she was still a human child and she murdered her adoptive parents for fun when she turned.
Faith: Atheist
Phobia: She has a vast array of phobias ranging from heights to the dark and a few others she is not proud of.
Virtue: Temperance
Vice: Wrath
Appearance:
image.jpg
Her hair is quite long and glossy due to the hundreds of years she has been alive. Her skin is pale, which is no surprise she IS a vampire after all. Her eyes are a warm honey colour that illuminates in the moonlight. As for clothing she wears a loose, cropped, tank top, exposing a small portion of her stomach and light blue, ripped, skinny jeans with yellow converses. The bandage on her right arm is always present though she refuses to tell people why.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing! Pretty sure you lot don't have reflections. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.