Revenant: Freedom (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boss Frost

Original poster
A revenant is a visible ghost or animated corpse that was believed to return from the grave to terrorize the living. The word "revenant" is derived from the Latin word, reveniens, "returning" (see also the related French verb "revenir", meaning "to come back").

This is a story about vampires. Sure, there are some other night-creatures dwelling in the world, most of which have common names: werewolves, witches, ghosts... some would say there are even fairies, though if the tales about them are true, they're the worst of the lot. However, I get ahead of myself: this is a story about vampires. A small group of them, recently freed of the control of their sire.

You see, when a vampire feeds on another, they do not create a true vampire. What they create is a spawn: a very loyal puppet. A vampire's spawn drinks blood for sustenance, but cannot create more vampires or spawn by doing this. They have similar weaknesses: sunlight burns and can destroy them - though not as fast as a full vampire - they are repelled by strongly presented holy symbols... or any symbol presented with enough faith involved. A wealthy businessman armed with a wallet full of cash can repel a vampire spawn, in fact - which leads me to a funny story... Ah, some other time.

My name is Leon D'gueste. I am a vampire - at one time, I was a vampire spawn. I will not reveal how one turns into the other... after all, that's what this story entails. I am a chronicler for the Prince of Los Angeles... the guy in charge. I was given this role when my predecessor was destroyed by the very people you are soon to read about. All things in time. First, let me tell you a little bit about our current period, before going into the people of this little story...

t-shirt-vampire-masquerade-symbol-black.jpg

Setting:
The story will be set in real-world Earth, this very year. News stories you hear on television and current events can play a part in the game, but probably with a fantasy twist. Guns will be a common choice of weapon, though a skilled sword-user might have an advantage in a confrontation. Magic exists, but it is very hard to do: rituals are the common way magic is performed, with very powerful creatures capable of using full-contact magic, or altering the world by will alone. Obviously, these beings will not be your characters.

Characters:
I'm hoping for a set of characters that are mostly human, with a good bit of flaws: the casual vampire weaknesses are present in this story, for all but the most powerful of vampires. Blood-drinking is not a dietary quirk for your characters: it is an ever-present need and hunger. For many of you, blood will be powering your supernatural abilities. "Real" food means nothing to you now: actually consuming food or drink other than blood can make you violently ill (and consumed garlic may put you in a coma).
One thing must be present in each character's story: they are the Vampire Spawn of a single vampire - they served him faithfully for however long you think is suitable for your character. The Vampire's name was Alexander Sangrey, and he was an absolute monster. Having given up on his humanity a long time ago, his reason to create Spawn was to deprive the living of happiness, taking the free will of spirited people and turning them into pawns, or out of plain nastiness. Some of you might have family or descendents alive in the world today: they'll probably come up.

-Character Outline-

Name: (Character name.)
Age of Death: (What age were you turned into a vampire spawn?)
Time Period: (What time period in Earth's history are you from?)
Type of Vampire: (There are actually quite a bit besides the "Standard". Are you something more exotic? If so, what? Real-world mythologies, please. If you are a standard vampire, just enter 'Standard'.)
Living Descendents: (If your character has ties to this world, place 'Yes'. If you were alive long enough to know them, list their names and connection to you. If you don't, a 'Yes' or 'No' will do... and I'll do an eeeevil game-master dealie and make it a surprise!)
Faith: (Was your character religious or not? If so, what faith did they belong to?)
Phobia: (Your character must have one real, legitimate fear. Some trauma or something they experienced in life haunts them to this very day. What is it?)
Virtue: (Which of the seven virtues does your character embody?)
Vice: (Which of the seven vices does your character sink to most often?)
Appearance: (A written description is preferred, but use a picture if you really like to.)

Beyond this, I actually do not want a written backstory or personality to be written out. Part of this - I hope - will be a drama. Thus, I'm limiting the amount of information your characters know about each other by lessening the amount you'll have to give up - those serving as the near-mindless Spawn did not care about those they served beside, so you'll have to use the chance to get to know your fellows. The knowledge, backstories, and attitudes may evolve as you reconsider them throughout the game - as might your loyalties. Your previous Vampire Master loved to toy with the mind - so you might have been implanted with false memories.

I hope to get at least five people in this, long-term - to those of you who find their way here, welcome. If you choose the join... fantastic! Let's write a story together... "A story about vampires."

Aaw i was really interested in this but then I saw that I couldnt be a super vampire and i was like "aaw thats a shame" and then I saw that I had to have human morals and I was like "damn theres no way I can Rp like that" and then I got to "food will make you violently ill" and now i dont ever want to live in a universe of your creation because if your so mean you can't let your most powerful feed then i dont even want to see what you do to the humans... :D

Vampires certainly aren't the most powerful in the world, and playing "god tier" characters would reduce the challenges and story inherent in the concept... starting as such a character, doubly so. If there's no character growth, there's no real need to play that character, is there? You managed to put a 'first post' in this thread that was so utterly and completely pointless that it's actually made me a little depressed. I'm not sure what the intent was. 'I'm going to post this so he knows that I want to play a super-vampire god-thing and will totally let me do that when he sees that I want to join if he makes some changes'?

That's a big ol' "No".

I might be interested in this. I will have to considerate it.

Take your time, happy to see someone interested!

Name: Leila Valdier
Age of Death: 20
Time Period: Victorian
Type of Vampire: World of Darkness - Ventruex
Living Descendents: She ate them.
Faith: Leila belonged to the Church of England
Phobia: Fire
Virtue: Temperance
Vice: Pride
Appearance: Leila is 5'9 with brown hair and piercing green eyes. Because of her slender frame, she often wears modern day dresses to fit in. However upon the occasion she cannot help but wear the clothing of the Victorian era. She wears many accessories, such as heavily jewelled Necklace around her neck accompanied by diamond rings. (Her outfit is quite similar to that of the vampire in the League of Extrodinary Gentleman)

Oooh, a WoD player. I'm sure you noticed the symbol I shamelessly took as the first post's image?

Leila Valdier's been accepted. Welcome!

What other vampires beside "standard" is there? I mean.. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "quite" alot of different vamps? And the part about real-world mythologies? Do you just mean some random mythologies and different vampires like for example.. Purebloods?

Here's a good list of vampires, linked via Wikipedia. By 'standard', I'm talking about what most people imagine when the word 'vampire' is stated. Pale individuals with a human appearance, able to blend in with society. The sort you'd see in a recent Hollywood movie... and not the kind wearing glitter.

Those are 'Glampires', and I have a problem with them. <_<

Yeah, not a fan of Glampires either.

I am so down for this.

Name: Malik Jandhyala
Age of Death: Twenty-one
Time Period: Modern (10 yrs prior)
Type of Vampire: Vetala
Living Descendants: No descendants but his parents (though divorced), grandparents (on both sides), and several siblings and half-siblings are quite alive and still searching for him even ten years after his disappearance.
Faith: None, though his mother's side practices modern, relaxed Hinduism.
Phobia: Pteromerhanophobia - the fear of flying; specifically in an airplane or another flying vehicle.
Virtue: Diligence
Vice: Lust
Appearance: 5ft 11, bronze skinned, black hair, brown eyes. Toned build, long limbs and fingers, defined knuckles, callused fingers. Clothes include a black muscle shirt, faded and fitted jeans, a shamrock-green zip-up hoodie, and a pair of grey converse.
none_title_by_kyrie0.jpg
Kyrie0201 @ DA

Last edited:
Name: Bastion Ford
Age of Death: 39
Time Period: England 1890s
Type of Vampire: Highgate Vampire
Living Descendents: His son Damion Ford, Bastion has no clue what happened to Damion once he was turned. Ophelia Ford is his niece.
Faith: Protestant
Phobia: Merinthophobia, being chained up or tied up. He really does not prefer restraints.
Virtue: Patience
Vice: Envy
Appearance: Bastion is 6'2 and is rather slim for his size. He has light gray hair that droops past his ears with a black hat atop of it, and deep brown eyes. Bastion is somewhat pale in complexion. Overall, his face is larger than his body, but it seems to fit him well. He wears a large dark black wool coat with black buttons lining the front of it. In addition, wears a rose colored dress shirt, with a stripped black tie and black pants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Ilyana "Leah" Pavlenko
Age of Death: 33
Time Period: Modern - Died in the early 90s
Type of Vampire: Strigoi
Living Descendants: Kathryn Pavlenko - Mother, and Anatolie "Toly" Pavlenko, younger brother
Faith: Roman Catholic
Phobia: Claustrophobia - specifically of small enclosed spaces which are not easily escapable.
Virtue: Charity
Vice: Lust

Appearance: Ilyana is fairly tall, standing about 5'11" with wavy brown hair that extends just past her shoulders and hazelnut eyes. She has slightly tanned skin with an athletic build. Her facial features - in particular her eyes, cheeks, and jaw, are sharp and almost piercing, but at the same time her gaze is warm and inviting. She speaks English with a light accent, having moved to America at a fairly young age.

Image:
Famke-Janssen-famke-janssen-779993_1600_1200.jpg

Last edited:
I will work on something.

Also frost you have my on skype so your "I never see you on" excuse is FAIL.

Malik and Leah's good to go.

Not "I never see you on", Vay. I'm never on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Sigurd Ragnarsson

Age of Death: 28

Time Period: When England was under attack by vikings around the years 865-896 (Hopefully this works for you!)

Type of Vampire: VtM Gangrel

Living Descendents: Any descendents he personally knew would be dead by now.

Faith: Pagan

Phobia: Asthenophobia (Fear of being weak. There's a few other things listed in the phobia, but Sigurd's revolves around being weak.)

Virtue: Diligence.

Vice: Wrath

Appearance: (Picture posted for now but I will definitely have a written appearance in here as soon as I write it.)

2dln2v9.jpg

Last edited:
I came just to see you beautifully and artfully shut down an idiot, but now I think I'll stay for the roleplay. *reads through the intro*

Dang. I should thank that guy for the chance to channel a bit of aggression and nab a whole array of ludicrously awesome roleplayers... I don't think I will, though. It'd be better to just thank all of you, for the interest and the characters. :D

Bastion and Sigurd are in.

Reactions: Eternalfire61
Name: Piveta Blix
Age of Death: 26
Time Period: Germany, World War II
Type of Vampire: Estrie
Living Descendents: Ahah...ahahaha...AHAHAHAHAHA!! (Yeah, let's talk about that when/if you're ready to cross that bridge).
Faith: Judaism
Phobia: Hunger
Virtue: Chastity
Vice: Gluttony
Appearance:

blick481x640_zpsd51809ac.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.