Reunited and in love (Taken)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amii looked to the man who seemed to want her attention. She really was never the type to talk to anyone, she had always tried to please everyone she knew though. She caught sight of Jayden though and her smile grew as she saw him coming this way. She was happy to see him, but when the man insulted her friend, and then touched her arm. She pulled away. "Jayden, is my best friend. We have known each other for years" she said, before glaring at him. "So, If you want my attention you need to start acting like a man, and not some douche" she said before heading, rather fast over to Jayden. She felt her hear in her chest, as she hide behind him. Yep, same old Amii. She would always defend people and then run behind Jayden.

Jayden looked a bit surprised at first, and confused. What was going on? Amii was hiding behind him, that felt familiar to him. All of sudden, he remembered all of those times that she had defended people and then hide behind him. Was this one of those situations, again, only years later? He looked quite thoughtful as he looked at the guy she had been talking to, coming their way. Weren't they more mature now, didn't they all knew better than to argue? Not like there had really been any big arguments, but Jayden felt as if the Amii-hiding-behind-Jayden-thing was something that they should have put behind them at this point.

He didn't say anything about it though, as the guy stood in front of him, looking quite annoyed. Jayden didn't recognize him - maybe he'd seen him around at school sometime, walking through the corridor, but it wasn't someone he knew the name of, or anything like that. The guy cleared his throat, looking at Jayden as if he was going to punch him in the face or something. Furious. "What is it?" Jayden asked, pretending like he hadn't noticed Amii hiding behind him. The guy grinned at him. "It's that girl. She says you're friends", he said, as if what Amii said was nonsense, as if she was a nutcase to think something like that. Jayden smiled slightly. "Well, she's right", he said. The guy sighed and took a hold of Jayden's arm. "You think this is funny, huh? She called me a... douche", he said, glancing towards Amii with a gaze that would have killed if it could.

Honestly, Jayden didn't really understand his problem. Something had obviously upset Amii for her to say such a thing, but why would the guy pick a fight with him? "Look, I've got to go, my lesson is about to start. And, honestly, you think something like this is worth getting into a fight for?" Jayden said, sounding pretty serious. The guy looked at him, toughtfully for a moment it seemed, before he shrugged and turned around, walking away. Jayden exhaled in relief and turned to Amii. "What was that about?" he asked.

Amii looked to the man and she felt her heart skipped. She really should learn to bite her tongue something that she seemed to have never grown out of. It was not like she was going to try and start a fight on purpose, but she was defensive of her friends. Just the way she was, after all. Though when the guy seemed to be ready to punch him, she tensed lightly and when he walked away she let out a breath that seemed to be relief.

"I.. He just insulted you!" She said with a small pout and her arms crossed. "I couldn't just let him touch me and tell me that you where weird" She said, again her arms crossed and a cute pout to her face. "So I told him off. I hate men like that" she said before, with out warning taking Jayden's wrist and began to lead him toward class. "Sorry, I should be more thoughtful, I would have never forgiven myself, if you got in a fight because of something I did" she said, with a small frown on her lips.

Jayden listened to Amii as she spoke. Oh, so that was what it was all about. That guy had insulted him. When he thought about it, he realized that he didn't really care about it. He knew that there were probably more people around who made up rumors about him, thinking that he was weird and all sort of things, just because of the way he was. His distant and cold behaviour towards others had of course caused them to talk about him behind his back. And the few ones who actually knew him, and who he could call his friends, didn't spend time on trying to convince others that he wasn't a weirdo.

As they walked towards class, Jayden smiled slightly. In a way, he found it cute. The way she seemed to be so upset over something that, to him, was such a little, unimportant thing. "I don't fight. I wouldn't fight with him even if he begged for it", he said, trying to assure her that he wasn't that kind of guy. He really wasn't. Then he shrugged slightly, looking thoughtful. "Well, maybe if he pissed me off really bad, and begged for it, then maybe", he said, with a grin on his face.

Amii looked back to him and gave another small frown. Really, he didn't fight? Well at least she knew that he would have to be anger really bad to do something like that. "Well then if he had hurt you, I still would have been upset" she was an odd one, always had been, for the most part she put everyone before herself, and never wanted to cause issues. She tugged him into class though and sat down. She had gotten them there before class was to start. "I am happy, though. That you are not that type of guy" she gave a warm grin, before tucking her hair behind her ear. "So, What else is new?" she said.

Jayden sat down, a bit relieved that they were early to class. That way they could talk some before it started. He looked at her, thoughtfully and slightly confused, as she spoke to him. Well, at least he looked confused when she had finished, at her question. He glanced towards the door quickly, as if he was expecting someone to be standing there, listening to the two of them. As he realized that they were alone though, he relaxed slightly and looked back at her. "What? What do you mean 'what else is new'?" He realized that he sounded a bit irritated, he couldn't explain why though, he didn't even know himself. He thought that maybe she meant what was new about him as a person, and he didn't like to talk about that, if that were where she was heading.

Amii gave a small frown as she saw his face. She felt like she had hit a nerve of some sort, and she did not want to do that. She gave a small smile and waved her hand. "Never mind, How have you been?" she said with a small nod. That sounded better didn't it? "Are you still into the same things? Or did you find something else you like?" She said once more, before she asked softly. "How are you parents?" she, shifted some. "If I am asking to many questions, you can tell me to shut up" she teased lightly.

Jayden smiled slightly. Was she asking too many questions? Yes, maybe she was. He looked thoughtful as he looked at her. "Don't know if I've changed that much", he said, shrugging. Was there anything he did now, that he didn't do before? There must be, he thought, as he had only been a kid when they had been separated. "I... I read... I didn't read that much before", he said. Thinking of his parents, he still didn't really know what to say. "My parents, they're... pretty much like they've always been, I guess", he said, smiling some. Was she really interested in hearing that? "What about you? What things are you into?"

Amii gave a small smile as she heard him answer the questions. She really did not want to ask far to many questions, and she could tell that she might be at that point. She nodded though, he read know. Something that they seemed to have even more in common. She gave another nod, before she was asked if she did anything different. She tucked her hair behind her ears once more, before she shrugged. "Not really, I read more" she gave a small frown. "I tried my hand at spots" she rubbed the back of her head. "I am the same old, same old." she said softly.

Jayden nodded slightly. Same old. Was she really? He'd like to think that she was, but he wasn't sure. In a way, it was as if nothing had changed, but at the same time, he knew that things had changed. Everything had changed. Both of them must have changed during the years they had been apart, thinking something else was only foolish, Jayden thought, watching the doorway as more students started to walk into the classroom.

Amii gave a small nod. Though if she thought about it. Perhaps she in fact had changed, at least a little? How could you go so many years and not change?! She knew that Jayden had changed as well, but she was not the type to go and pressure him to talk to her about it. Well that was something that had not changed, putting everyone before herself?! You would think that she would have gotten over that. She nodded though, as she heard more students coming in, she began to turn and look to the board as the teacher came in and began to start the lecture.

To Jayden it seemed like the teacher would never stop talking, and he couldn't bring himself to focus on what the teacher said, either. It was as if the teacher was talking another language that Jayden hadn't mastered yet. Most of the time he looked out the window, and the teacher didn't seem to mind, at least didn't say anything about it. It made Jayden feel a bit more relaxed, being able to think of his own things - problems? - for some time. In a way he felt like he had gotten too much of that though, he needed a break, not thinking of Amii at all. In a way he just wanted her gone.

Amii gave a small frown. She disliked the feeling of being lectured, and though she kept notes and she made sure that everything was up to date. She seemed to be watching Jayden, from time to time. After all, she knew that he must still be a bit upset. Hell, she didn't blame him. She left (Not that she had a choice) and then she pops back up a few years later. She blinked though, when the teacher said that was it and the bell rang. She turned to Jayden gave a small smile, and stood up. "See you around, I am sure you don't want me hanging all over you" she gave another nod and began to head out. She might as well give him his space right? It was hard for her, it had to be hard for him as well.

Jayden felt relieved that Amii would give him some space, as he had felt that his head and thoughts had been invaded by her ever since he saw her for the first time in those years, all of sudden in "his" classroom. He smiled at her before she turned away, just to show that it was okay, a good plan in fact, for her to leave him alone for some time. He gathered his things and head out the door, although a bit later than the rest of the students. He went over to his locker and put the things in, taking new things for the next lesson.

Amii noticed his smile and smiled back, but she quickly left for her locker. Sadly she did not share the next few classes with her long lost friend, but in a way that was okay. One it came to lunch she didn't wait up either, she rather he come talk to her first. Why? It meant that he was more willing to talk and she was not forcing anything. She gathered her lunch before, she sat down at a small table. By herself, she really was not that much of a people person and shifted a few times. How was it that, she got so lucky and at the same time unlucky? Jayden had never left her mind, or heart and she thought she would never see him again. She guessed her mother getting terminally ill was the reason she got to see him once more, which was a rather upsetting thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.