Reunited and in love (Taken)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as she thought her Father was waiting for her, and once she climbed in they drove off. She spent the rest of the day, cleaning, cooking, and doing school work before her Father decided it was time to take her back up to see her mother. Though she wanted to see Jayden as well, she hoped that he was okay. Would he be happy if she stopped by? Or was he just saying that to not be a total dick about what was going on?

She walked in, and looked to her dad "I am going to check on some one okay?" She stated, the older man nodded. He use to be a rather handsome man, but the stress and his age was causing his once jet black hair to start to turn gray, and his stomach was showing more of a "Beer" Belly. She walked off, in hopes of seeing Jayden first. Walking up to the room she knocked, "Hello?" She asked with a warm smile, and then walked in.

Jayden glanced towards the door as Amii walked in, just as expected. He was relieved that it wasn't one of the nurse, coming in to tell him that there was something wrong with the tests - that they'd have to do it all over again or something like that. He smiled on the inside about the thought and how annoying it would be, as Amii sat down where she had been sitting before.

"I have something to tell you", he said, and for a moment, he wondered what she'd look like if he told her that he was dying. He pushed the silly thought away and continued. "A nurse came in earlier with the results", he said, yawning slightly. "They said that they didn't know what was wrong... anyways there's nothing wrong with me and I'm free to go home", he said with a smile, waiting for her reaction.

Amii blinked looking at him. She smiled knowing he was awake and when he spoke of having to talk her face grew a bit worried. She hated those words. we have to talk her father had told her that, right before her mother had gotten sick. She just hoped it was nothing bad. When he said that he was good and free to go home, her face gave a warm smile and she nodded. "That is really good Jayden"

She shifted some, "I wanted to say something?" She looked down at her shoes and pushed the tip of her shoe into the ground. It was her nervous habit, when she said stuff she felt was going to be bad. Or worse she spoke her feelings. "I am sorry for just coming back into your life like that, I really should have ..." She gave a small bite of her lip. "I should have written or called, that last few years have been really hectic" She gave a small smile. "I hope you can forgive me?"

Jayden looked thoughtful, maybe even a bit surprised, as he listened to what Amii had to said. He didn't think that she would bring that up - that she had, all of sudden, just turned up with no way of letting him no before it happened. As he listened to her, he realized that she was probably right - yes, of course she was. She should have told him. It made him feel a bit better to hear that she understood that as well, what a shock it had been to him, her coming in to the school after all those years.

Was he able to forgive her? He thought of all the time and effort he had put in trying to become who he was now - the cold and distant boy his classmates knew him as. He had worked hard on his walls and not to let anyone get inside. No one was going to let him down like that again, leaving him hurt. With Amii, it was different though, he thought, looking at her. He wanted to tell her that of course he'd forgive her, it was all in the past now, this was a new chapter in both of their lives, but in a way, he felt as if it meant telling her that what she had done was OK. Maybe she regretted what she had done, he thought, still not sure of what to say.

"Well", he started off, determined to at least say something, "I'm happy that you realize that... that you should have told me... anyways", he said, shooking his head slightly, as if it would make it easier for him to think. "I think I could forgive you... if it means... beginning at a new chapter", he said and bit his lip. He looked away for a moment. "What you did hurt me a lot. I've worked hard on making sure that no one is able to get through the walls that I've built", he said, looking at her again. "But it seems like you got in", he said and shrugged.

Amii looked to him and when he seemed to be thinking she feared the worse. While yeah she was sure that she must have hurt him, she did have to admit that she did not choose to leave, she was forced to leave. Though she was sure that if she brought that up, it might only make things worse after all. It just meant that she was trying to pick a fight, well at least she would assume.

When he spoke she looked up to him. He could forgive her, if that meant start a new chapter? She blinked when he said that she had hurt him. She gave a small frown. "You act like I choose to leave you behind. I know I hurt you, but I can not just tell my parents I run away from my home, to go be with my best friend. It does not work like that" She sighed some, shaking her head. "Sorry" She really did not want to get into a fight with him.

"I want this to a be a new chapter" She said softly. She had gotten into his heart, and he had gotten into hers. She never really made many friend when she moved, but when she came back she had hoped some where deep down inside that she would be meeting with Jayden once more and they could have something like they use to have.

Jayden listened to her as she spoke, he listened carefully and thoughtfully to her words. In a way she was right, he thought. He hadn't really thought of the fact that she didn't had a choice whether to leave or to stay - in his mind, it had been her leaving him all by himself, abandoning him, and that was it. Now he started thinking about it, that she had just been a kid, with no say in it, really.

He nodded slightly, agreeingly, she was right - he wanted this to be a new chapter as well. "I didn't think of it that way", he said, hesitating some before continuing, "that you didn't have a choice", he said, looking at her as if he hadn't seen her for some time, as if he watched her with new eyes this time. He smiled slightly. "So, what are you up to? I guess school is over by now."

Amii looked to him and gave a small smile. She was happy that they where not going to fight at least not this time. When he asked what she had been up to and that school was over she nodded. "Yeah it's over, It was over when I came the first time" she said before standing up and leaning over, she hugged him lightly and then shrugged. "I have not really be up to anything. I am not the most out going person" she said softly. "You, what have you been up too?"

Jayden looked thoughtful as Amii asked him what he had been up to. He looked out the window, thinking about it. "Well", he said, unsure of how to continue, "not much", he said, thinking of the fact that he, actually, hadn't been doing that much. He must have done something, right? He bit his lip as he tried to think of something. "I haven't really had any friends. Been cold and distant", he said, shrugging slightly as he looked at her again.

"Think I've been spending most of my time building a wall, just to make sure that what happened won't happen again", he said, talking more to himself now almost. "But it seems like you got through it just like that, in a blink of an eye. I don't understand it", he said and sighed.

Amii looked to him and gave a small soft smile placing her hand on his shoulder. "I understand, I didn't really talk to many either. I didn't like the thought of leaving anyone else behind" she said before glancing out the window. "But, it might have to do, with the fact that we where once so close, and that type of thing never truly goes away" she said before glancing to the door. "I have to go visit someone. Maybe if you get out, before I am done. We can drop you off" she said that softly. Her father would not be apposed to taking him home, after all he was a family friend.

Jayden nodded, smiling slightly towards her. "Sounds good. I'll get my things and wait... somewhere, in the reception maybe. I guess I can ask them whether you've left or not... and then I'll be happy if you could drop me off, that would be great", he said and stood up carefully, just in case he'd fall over like he did before - not like he actually thought he would, but just in case, he'd rather be alone than having Amii next to him as it happened.

She gave a small smile and nodded hugging him slightly. "It should not be too long" she then turned on her heals and then rushed out. It was hard not to smile, after all she was getting to start a new with her best friend, as odd as that sounded she enjoyed the tought of him not hating her, and that they may be able to form something even stronger than before. She walked into the hall and down only a few rooms, to her mother's where he father was sitting and holding her hand. She walked in and as they all began to talk, softly she kept quite for the most part, she didn't like the thoight of death, or being around such upsetting things.

Jayden packed all of his belongings - which weren't much more than his clothes that he would, on the other hand, put on before leaving, and his schoolbag with his things for school. It only took a couple of minutes to get everything ready, before he called for a nurse, who came in a matter of seconds. What a good thing to have at home, he thought grinningly, as he looked at the button to press if he wanted anyone to come. He smiled at the nurse as she showed up. "I'm ready to go", he said, and as easy as that, he was out in the reception after getting his clothes back on and leaving the hospital's clothes that he had put on when he arrived. He sat down waiting in the reception, not sure whether to leave or to wait, as it hadn't taken him long to get ready.

Amii sat there a bit with her mother and father, though after about ten minutes she gave a small smile. Her mother wanted sleep and her Father had to get going. So they said there good byes, she had already asked if Jayden could ride home with them, and he of course had agreed. Though it was hard to not be happy, but at the same time seeing him waiting made her smile. She walked up to him. "You ready" she asked softly.

Jayden looked up at her where he was sitting, and nodded slightly. "Sure", he said and stood up. He followed Amii and her father out of the hospital, then getting into the car. "You remember where I live, do you?" he asked, not sure whether she - or her father - knew where he lived. He hadn't moved, but it has been such a long time, tough. "Here's the adress", he said, having written it down at a piece of paper, handing it over to Amii.

Amii gave a small smile when she lead him to the car. She was happy that he had at least agreed to give this another shot, she had thought he would have told her that he wanted nothing to do with her. Her Father looked to him and then smiled. "Nice too see you again Jayden" With that he walked to there car, and she opened the door for him, before climbing in herself. When he spoke of knowing where he lived, she gave a small giggled. "If you live in the same house, we remember where that was" She use to live close to him, and though know she still was only a few streets over she was not as close as she use to be. "So, feeling better?" She asked.

Jayden smiled slightly. He wasn't sure whether he expected Amii to remember where he lived, although he hadn't moved. It was as if he expected her to have deleted it all - their history, or something - because himself trying to do that for so long. But of course, when I thought about it, he remembered where she used to live.

"Yeah, feeling like usually", he said, shrugging. In a way he was feeling better then, yes, he thought, looking out the window as they drove. In a strange way, things felt perfectly normal, although they weren't, at all.

Amii looked to him and nodded. "that is good" she said as they drove, though once at his house she gave a warm smile. "I'll see you tomorrow okay" She said, before handing him a piece of paper, that held her number on it. She wanted to be able to talk to him, and him to be able to talk to her at any time. Though her Father waved to him, "See you later, boy" once they had dropped him off, they headed home. Of course the car ride was a bit more awkward this time, when her father was not trying to be happy he seemed to get rather gloomy but who could blame him?

Jayden smiled back at Amii as she smiled at him, although he wasn't really prepared for the warm smile that was given to him. It made him feel good and relieved on the inside, although he wasn't sure whether to admit that he felt that way or to ignore it. Things were still so weird, everything had changed so rapidly.

~

The following day, Jayden sat on the bus on his way to school, as usual. He knew that things had changed though, and that he'd meet Amii once he got there. He both did and did not want to walk through those doors, walking in those corridors, meeting that girl. In a way he felt like running away, leaving it behind and continue the life he had had before Amii showed up the other day. When the bus stopped though, he didn't run away. Instead, he went to the doors, opened, went through the corridors and to his locker.

The night went by a lot smoother as she slept, and her mind went to the old times with Jayden. Before things got as much as she hated to admit, awkward between them due to the separation. She woke with a small frown, as she got ready and her father took her to school. She was still not ready for this, seeing Jayden again made a bunch of feelings that had settle rise up, and she was unsure how to handle them.

Once at school though, she walked into the halls and though she kept an eye out for Jayden she could tell other people where looking at her. She knew some might think she was pretty, but that did not mean she wanted them to stare. It as then, that she heard a man speak. Turning she gave a small blush. She figured she be approached by a jock or something, but he seemed to be more of a biker. "Hey" she heard him speak, before she nodded. Her eyes looking for Jayden.

Jayden hadn't paid much attention looking for Amii - is she was there, she was. He did expect to see her somewhere around, since they were in the same class in morning, he thought, as he had checked his schedule not long ago. Closing his locker, he could hear see Amii standing in the hall. He was just about to approach her as he noticed that she wasn't alone - someone was there with her. They were talking. Jayden couldn't help but to feel slightly jealous at the situation, but why he didn't know.

"I haven't seen you before", the man said, smilingly. The fact that Amii wasn't looking directly at him, but looking like she was searching for something, made him feel quite annoyed. What was wrong with her? He glanced to see where she was looking, and caught sight of Jayden. He grinned as he looked back at Amii. "Oh, that boy. He's a weirdo, you know. Don't waste your time with him", he said, stroking her arm gently.

Status
Not open for further replies.