Reunions and Requirements (DayDreamer x Sailor Arti x Ritual Lobotomy)

Ritual Lobotomy

Hail the Apocalypse
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
17:00 - 20:00 +2GMT
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Post-apocalyptic, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Real Life, Comedy, Mistery and Horror
FELIX BUTLER

7bbfbf59ab6974fccfc43645202c1dbf.jpgLocation: Hogwarts Castle - Room of Requirement
Time of day: Evening after the welcoming feast
Interactions:
Ainslie Morrison - @Sailor Arti
Caleb O'Neill - @DayDreamer

Seeing Ainslie taking her food back up was a relief in more ways than one. He wanted her to go easy on herself on the one hand. On the other, how bad could it possibly be if her appetite returned with a little nudge? Right? And yet, he could not help himself. He returned back to his meal, but only enthusiastically enough for Ainslie not to worry. He was scared, confused, and disappointed to be so out of the loop that he felt utterly helpless. He finished his plate and waited patiently for her with a warm, comforting smile. Truth be told, he embraced the delay; being a coward sometimes felt way too tempting. But he needed to know, and he wanted to support his best friend that needed someone around.

Even though Felix was very well aware that Caleb's pride would fight off any help with all its might, proclaiming it a pity. But while it may have worked on others, Felix knew better and was able to withstand more. He did not chicken out from reaching out when it was clearly told he is not desired back when they first met, and the boy would be damned if he was to bail now.

Ainslie finished her final plate not a moment too soon, just at the moment when Felix tossed aside all the doubts and now had only impatience remaining. The sooner he saw Caleb, the sooner he would feel better. That is why, when the ginger finally made her move, the boy perked up to attention almost instantaneously. Squirming away from the table to get up clumsily, he quickly apologized to those around him and hurried after Ainslie without hesitation. With his freakishly long step, he had no trouble following.

"Now to find where he's hiding. Any clue?" Ainslie asked the question almost to herself as she made her way down the corridor. "Aye. I-I think so," Felix responded quickly after while he was still brainstorming on whether here response was actually accurate. He, at least, had a good idea of what Caleb tended to do whenever he wished to hide. And Felix couldn't blame him. Occupying your mind with the things that bring you joy was a healthy coping mechanism he would not expect from someone like Caleb. To be fair, there were many terrible ones in the mix, but everything starts with small steps!

Felix was about to present his idea when Ainslie spoke up, suddenly slowing down and making him follow along. "I guess I should explain before we actually meet him as well." Yes, that would have been very appreciative, and Felix evidently showed his approval of her idea by letting out a sight, ready to listen. "I would appreciate knowing what I am getting myself into, yes," he responded with a meek smirk, encouraging her to proceed. Once again, she was evidently nervous, and that ugly knot was back in Felix's gut.

"Please, Ains, just tell me. I beg you," he thought as he bit into his lower lip, nervously tapping his foot.

"This summer something really bad happened. I mentioned that in the Hall." Felix quickly confirmed it with a nod. "Well....there was an accident," Ainslie proceeded once it seemed she was sure of a thing she was about to tell him. "And this accident involved a forbidden spell, fiendfyre to be exact."

"What?!" It came out louder and more aggressive than he had hoped. Immediately after, Felix lowered his voice and stepped closer to Ainslie. It was an unexpected turn, and not for the better. At least he no longer was able to focus on the heaviness in his gut. His mind finally got a decent base to overthink on instead. "B-but what does he have to do with that?" He questioned in a hushed tone, searching for Ainslie's gaze.

"I don't know what really happened all I know is what the papers said. The fire was terrible, and they don't know who started," Ainslie responded, but even while processing it, Felix remained intensely fixated on her face as if he made every effor to read her lips as well. "There were no casualties however...um..." She let out a sigh of defeat before she proceeded.

"Caleb was involved in it. The papers weren't too kind to him. In fact, they paint him as the villain of this whole thing, but--"

"No," Felix responded with a deep frown setting on his face, shaking his head spitefully. "No way. Absolutely not!"

"I just know that's not true!" Ainslie agreed with him, joining her own spiteful expression with his. Of course, it wasn't true! This was Caleb O'Neill they were talking about. Among all of the things he could have possibly done, anything as such was out of the question! He was ready to put his own head down for chopping if that was the case, and he stubbornly stuck to his belief.

"The Caleb I know wouldn't do something like that. Sure, he's an idiot with a pea brain, but he's also sweet. Caleb has a good heart, he wouldn't hurt anyone."

"Are you kidding me? I would know," Felix scoffed dismissively. Of course, he was aware of all of this as they were facts to him, but still, he somehow appreciated hearing them from someone else as well. Caleb had someone to stand up for him, and they were all wrong if they thought that they could just corner him without retaliation.

"I don't know how he made it out, I really don't. It's somewhat of a miracle really," Ainslie proceeded, getting back to the part that seemed to be involving Caleb differently. All Felix could do is shrug. He would be lying if he said he could even begin to assume. There was only one time he had ever heard of it being mentioned before in a practical sense, and even that was one time too many. The cursed thing should never have been invented in the first place!

"However he didn't make it out of there unscathed." Felix paused, scratching his head nervously as his gut turned. This was it. This was that big lousy boggart Ainslie avoided until that moment. "He...Caleb, he..." The anticipation was killing him. Still, he managed to keep his mouth shut, letting her speak, even though it was just barely. "Caleb...was hurt pretty bad because of the fire. And now he has the scar to prove it, however it's a scar that everyone can see. Which I'm quite sure is the exact opposite of what he wants right now."

Felix nodded, taking a moment to adapt to this new status on things. His friend was hurt. Not only was he baselessly slandered, but he was injured as well. So much injustice felt like a burning ball in his chest. Was it how anger felt? He hated it.

"He couldn't even look me in the eyes today." Ainslie sounded helpless in her claim. Caleb was a dramatic persona, but it took a lot to simply go over friends like that. It was a big deal. Felix was now convinced. His fists remained tightly clenched against his sides as he stared at the ground in front of him, thinking. Before his thoughts went further ahead, Felix spotted Ainslie's hand that reached out towards him. He observed her shaky palm for a brief moment before he exhaled and grabbed her hand, squeezing it confidently.

She was a nervous mess, and it brought up a week smirk on his face. She was just as worried when he first told her he liked her. Except… now it was over a thing that should have never happened. It was funny how the same emotions worked in entirely different situations under different rules. He had always found that incredibly fascinating.

He was confident that Ainslie's touch was magical all on its own. As soon as her small hand reached his, it filled him with confidence to proceed. "He is alive," Felix finally spoke, at first sounding as if he is convincing himself, and then more decisively, giving her hand another gentle squeeze, entangling their fingers together. "Jackass is alive, and that is all that matters!" He exclaimed with a sudden surge of short-lasting joy. It felt like a somewhat unnatural reaction to his soul falling apart, but what did he know. He wasn't an emotional expert, as it was proven time and time again. It'll do for the time being. It'll absolutely do.

"And now," he smirked, pulling her gently after him. "We're gonna make the Jackass feel better. Screw newspapers and screw everyone else!" He nodded decisively, his mind now entirely focused on the mission at hand. He needed to do this as no friend of his would ever be a miserable mess. Not on his watch. Caleb, being his best friend, made it so times ten!

"Brooms," he spoke up after a few moments of silence and thinking. "He always does it when something bad happens. To keep his mind off things. And there is only one place he does them," he smirked knowingly. The ginger surely knew what he was talking about. He was absolutely unsure whether his theory would prove to be correct, but if he was accurate for the most part in the past, it was safe to say that he was on the right track. His feet led him towards the Room of Requirement so hastily that he occasionally had to remind himself that the Ainslie was still attached to him and that he should slow down.

Reaching the Seventh Floor felt like it took forever. Once there, Felix wasted no time but marched directly towards the wall across the Barnabas the Barmy that still made an impressive but futile effort to make dancers out of trolls centuries after he did it for the last time outside of the frame. It was always more than amusing to watch, but this time Felix barely even acknowledged that there was anything else around them but that one particular wall he was staring at.

Finally releasing Ainslie's hand, he stepped forward and sighed audibly. "I don't know if he was smart enough to lock us out. I sure as hell hope not. One way to find out," he shrugged, getting into the position and proceeding to pass the wall three times from left to right, vividly imagining Cal's workshop as he had memorized it, to be able to bug him whenever he wished. Only once had he ended up in the broom closet instead, and this time, he really had no time nor patience for a do-over.

"I need you to be a dumbass just this one time, lad," he mumbled to himself as he was walking past. "Please. Just this once, and we're good." He stopped in his track once the brief ritual was completed. He exhaled with relief when the wall clicked, and a simple door appeared in front of him. He forgot the most obvious thing to ensure his privacy. It all spoke for itself. O'Neill indeed had a hard time, and he was all alone. It was a devastating thing to think of, so Felix quickly brushed it aside. At least for the time being. They were priorities at hand.

"Atta boy," he smirked briefly, pulling the knob and pushing the door open, letting Ainslie slide inside before he would step in, closing the door along the way. The workshop was just as he had remembered it. Full of all kinds of things, but never suffocating, with familiar sounds of crafting reaching their ears. It all seemed perfectly normal at first glance, except this time, he felt like an impostor.

With his head deep in his projects at a distance, Caleb left a lot for Felix's imagination to go wild. Two arms and two hands. Good. Two legs with two feet as well, it seemed. More than good. Brilliant!

Before he did anything to disturb Caleb's focus, Felix inhaled once again, putting on his usual friendly face and discreetly squeezing Ainslie's shoulder for comfort. Or perhaps it was he that needed it. There was no turning back even if he had attempted to bail, so he fixed up his posture and stepped forward enthusiastically, approaching his friend as dramatically as always.

"So I don't get a proper welcoming greet now, but I have to work for it, huh?" He chuckled. "I guess that in a month, you forgot all about the best guy you know. But he did not forget about you! Bring it in here, dweeb," Felix demanded with a wide grin and arms spread out, ready for a hug.

Unknown
Caleb O'Neill
Time: Monday, late morning, 1st week of lessons

August's catering had scattered around the room as Caleb had been busy eating and moving around. A table held the bulk of the dishes, near the armchair he had been occupying previously, carving a ravenhead for his prototype handle. A smaller dish with a nice portion of meatpie had followed Caleb over to the large work table. The stylized ravenhead handle was firmly placed on the vice as Caleb was working on adding details.

He was in the zone, the music had sifted from acoustic guitar to Metallica's Enter Sandman, so he hadn't heard the couple walking in until Felix spoke up, causing Caleb's chisel to skip on the wood. "Shite!" Caleb hissed under his breath as he could feel the anxiety coming back. The Beanstalk had come looking for him, why had he come looking for him?

Very slowly he turned around to be able to see Felix and Ainslie with his right side. The one he was not burned. He briefly glared at Ainslie with a look that clearly said 'Really? After I tried to avoid everyone you bring him in?' Raising up a hand to stop Felix from coming closer, he turned his focus back on the Beanstalk. In all honesty, he would have been super excited to see Felix. The guy had gone to the US for a month, with their Magizoology Professor no less! The stories he must have had, Caleb couldn't wait to hear. Unfortunately, that was not an option. Once Felix saw his face, the talk and the mood of the room would sift to something very uncomfortable. "Not keen on hugs right now mate." And he never really was too big on hugs, especially when they first started out in their friendship, but he had no problems with them until just now.

"Why aren't you still stuffing your face with desserts man?" He asked as he looked up to see a clock that the Room had been kind enough to provide for him as he had just wondered what time it was. "It's too early to leave the feast." Keep him distracted and keep him to the right. That ought to do the trick.

Montserrat; Montserrat;
art by: still looking...
Ainslie Morrison

Time of Day: Evening
Interaction: Felix Butler - @Ritual Lobotomy + Caleb O'Neill - @DayDreamer
Mood: Distracted + Concerned
Ainslie felt her chest tighten and she felt it a little harder to breathe. But the moment Felix's hand touched her she seemed to relax a little. She released a sigh before turning to look up at him, "He is alive," he said as he gently squeezed her hand, "Jackass is alive, and that is all that matters!" Ainslie nodded. That was true, at least they still had him around. That couldn't be said for some other's. While it was a comforting thought it didn't do much to ease her anxiety however.

"And now," he smirked, pulling her gently after him. "We're gonna make the Jackass feel better. Screw newspapers and screw everyone else!" Ainslie wasn't so sure. She had a bad feeling she was just making things worse but she couldn't just leave him alone. Even if Caleb hated her for this she believed this was the right course of action to take to help her friend. "Brooms," he spoke up after a few moments of silence . "He always does it when something bad happens. To keep his mind off things. And there is only one place he does them,"

Ainslie nodded again as she followed after him. The room of requirement, of course. She had thought the Gryffindor common room but then again, upon further introspection that wouldn't be a wise place. It was out in the open and any straggler could come in and bother his peace. No the Room of Requirement made much more sense in this situation. She didn't say much as they made their way to the seventh floor. Instead she concentrated on not letting her thoughts wander too far and keeping pace with Felix.

His stride was longer plus she could tell how impatient he was now. This was bothering him too, she knew it without him saying anything. More guilt piled onto her shoulders as she silently quickened her pace despite how her burning muscles complained in protest. "I don't know if he was smart enough to lock us out. I sure as hell hope not. One way to find out," Felix said one the reached their destination. He finally released her hand and she watched him with a careful gaze as he did the ritual to get the correct door to appear.

"I need you to be a dumbass just this one time, lad," Felix mumbled to himself as he was walking past. "Please. Just this once, and we're good." a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach appeared as her brown orbs watched followed as he paced back and forth. Once Felix had managed to push the door open Ainslie allowed herself to sigh in relief, "Atta boy," she heard Felix say beside her. "Thank god," she muttered in agreement. Felix allowed Ainslie to go on in first before following closely behind and closing the door.

Ainslie had never been in Caleb's RoR experience before. But as she looked around the workshop she could tell it was something sentimental. Caleb was in the back, nose buried into something he was working on. it seemed he was in the groove and didn't even notice that they had infiltrated his 'safe space'. He had food spread out everywhere which comforted the ginger. At least he was eating so that was a positive. Her dark orbs shifted over to Felix as he began to make his move, it was now or never after all and they had come too far to stop now.

"So I don't get a proper welcoming greet now, but I have to work for it, huh?" Felix chuckled chuckled. "Shite!" Caleb hissed as he practically leapt from his seat in alarm. Ainslie grimaced as she watched Felix continue. "I guess that in a month, you forgot all about the best guy you know. But he did not forget about you! Bring it in here, dweeb," As Ainslie had expected Caleb flashed her a look that let her know he was totally upset with her for what she had done.

Guilt washed over her once more as she could no longer look Caleb in the eyes now. He was right, he hadn't said anything but perhaps she did overstep a boundary. But wouldn't he do the same for her if were in her shoes? "Not keen on hugs right now mate." Caleb curtly refused Felix. "Why aren't you still stuffing your face with desserts man?" Caleb continued as he glanced up at the clock on the wall. "It's too early to leave the feast." Yes, it was too early to leave but that was exactly why there were here.

Ainslie shook her head before sighing and crossing her arms. "He knows Caleb." she said bluntly. If this was going to progress they all needed to have a serious pow-wow. Air out everything so they can work together to help Cal heal, emotionally and mentally. "And before you go giving me lip about how it wasn't my place I know that already. But I couldn't very well just leave you alone. You know that." Ainslie shoved her earlier nervousness and timid feelings away. She now looked Caleb squarely in the eye, ready to see if he would challenge her on this. Because in a battle of who was more stubborn she was quite sure she would win.

"We're here now Caleb. Sorry we couldn't be there for you when you needed us. But we're here for you now. You don't need to pretend around us, we're your friends." Ainslie said as she practically pleaded with Caleb. She didn't know what the future held but she was sure it would do no good if Felix and Ainslie left this room and nothing changed for their friend.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
FELIX BUTLER

7bbfbf59ab6974fccfc43645202c1dbf.jpgLocation: Hogwarts Castle - Room of Requirement
Interactions:

The Beanstalk deliberately held the straight-up starfish hugging pose for a moment, even after Caleb made it clear that it's not going to happen. Glancing down to Ainslie's sour face, he sighed and lowered his lean arms, placing his hands back into his pockets with a humble shrug. "Guess that's fair, lad. That's fair. We'll get back to it," he nodded vigorously. "I am just happy t-"

"Why aren't you still stuffing your face with desserts, man?" Caleb asked, cutting through the Irish's attempt to continue the conversation. "It's too early to leave the feast," he concluded, throwing a glance at the watch. As much as the gut knot still tumbled around, in those words, Felix found a straw to grasp. He scoffed in disbelief and shook his head. "Bold of ya to assume I hadn't bloody notice you weren't there stuffin' yer face there either," he responded with deliberate thickness to his Irish, amplifying the jest. "What's more important than food to miss out on that, huh?" It was a playful question, asked with no obliging answer as the tall Gryffindor peeked over to see what O'Neill was doing, respecting the distance requested.

"He knows Caleb," came from Ainslie, bluntly and impatiently. The smirk on Felix's face faded, although he still insisted on maintaining a posture as serene as he could manage. Feeling somewhat ashamed of his insecurity, he fell silent as Ainslie spoke. "And before you go giving me lip about how it wasn't my place, I know that already. But I couldn't very well just leave you alone. You know that." She insisted, challenging Caleb stubbornly. "We're here now Caleb. Sorry we couldn't be there for you when you needed us. But we're here for you now. You don't need to pretend around us, we're your friends."

As assertive as she seemed to be, it was hard to hide all the underlining nervousness from Felix, and while Caleb would be the last person he'd see as someone to defend her from, he backed her up. "It's not her fault, mate. I insisted, and it makes no sense for her to lie to me. I would know either way," he explained in a down-to-earth tone, unlike the usual. "And she is right. What makes you think either of us would leave you here alone, simmering in your soup of sadness? Shitty friends we'd be if that was the case."

Pausing briefly to collect his thoughts, Felix inhaled anew. "You can tell me off on many things," he chuckled. "But checking up on my mate cooped up here alone feeling like crap isn't one of them. So..." He stepped forward, halving the distance towards Caleb regardless of the request. "The sooner I am convinced you will not be acting the maggot, the sooner we will be out of your hair." It wouldn't have been the first time that Felix Butler poked the bear. Finding himself in similar situations before, and even eating a fist or a two because of it, no reaction would shock Felix at that moment. Ainslie was right. As stubborn as Caleb was, they were arguably more determined and stronger in numbers.

"I just want to know what happened and that you're okay," the Gryffindor proceeded calmly. "If I have to argue you over it, I sure as bloody hell will," he frowned slightly, adding the weight to his words even though they still belonged to Felix. "Come on, you dork. Show me."

Unknown
Caleb O'Neill
Time: Early after the welcoming feast

"He knows Caleb," Aand there goes his attempt to hide. She'd gone and snitched. She was a Seeker, but he had hoped she wouldn't. He was not ready to show him. Not ready at all. He groaned in despair as he averted his gaze, bringing his head to his hands as they were propped up on the table. His fingers run through his hair, gripping tightly as he tried to control his temper. He was angry and afraid. Was he a coward for not sucking it up? Yes. Was he going to do anything about it? Not really. Was that the reason he was so angry? Who knew? But he was a mess and it showed.

He was only half-listening but as Felix made his move, Caleb knew he had lost the fight. Under different circumstances, he would have yelled at the beanstalk, even go as far as punch him. However, none of these options would do him any good and they had already moved past the stage of fisticuffs. Ainslie had made sure of that.

"I am not okay." He trailed off with a sigh and raised his head again. "And unless you can turn back time, you can't help. Not really." He added, taking a deep breath before spinning his chair in a way that Felix and Ainslie could see his face fully. Well, as fully as could be with his hair longer than they had ever seen him before. His burned ear was not fully visible and they wouldn't have been able to know where the scar ended. Only that it disappeared behind a wave of black hair. "Remember that jumpscare with Carrow and Fiendfyre last year? We weren't nearly as scared as we should have been."

FELIX BUTLER

Interactions:

"I am not okay," his housemate fired back, and it was a sure sign that they've managed to break through his defenses if only to take a peek. On instinct, Felix exhaled, relieved to at least have him speak up. "And unless you can turn back time, you can't help. Not really." Now that would be a dream, wouldn't it? So many things he wished had a different outcome. But the only thing any one of them could do was proceed with the cards they were dealt, no matter how shitty the hand was.

"That's not bloody true, and you know it, mate," Felix answered more as a filler than an argument, although he firmly stood behind his claim. Undoing wasn't the only way to make things better. He also firmly stood by that claim once the chair moved, and Caleb faced Ainslie and him face-to-face. The Beanstalk stood there, embracing his housemate's piercing gaze, full of spite. But all things considered, he understood the spite was not there for him nor Ainslie to suffer through. And he understood as soon as he laid his eyes on the scar; he understood that it was a tragedy of a specifically cruel kind. The one that came back over and over again.

He had told himself he would not let it show, and, for the most part, Felix played the role well, except for the involuntarily twitch of his eyelids once he had seen it for himself.

"Ah, shit..." was what he said in return. Was it referring to Caleb's condition or the way his heart suddenly clenched and shattered into million pieces, held in place only by the sheer power of will? He quite honestly couldn't tell. He had no time to ponder. On the outside, there was only one reason visible that would have him react the way he did, and it was the one that benefitted the play.

As if he wished to stop him right in that place before he made any further comments, Caleb was quick to speak up and derail whatever Felix was about to say next. In Merlin's grace, because it would have probably been something unnecessarily redundant, given that Butler's mind and throat were both constricted and scrambled with grief and anger he felt for his friend. A bit of Caleb's, and a bit of his own.

"Remember that jumpscare with Carrow and Fiendfyre last year?" Felix blinked once, taking a moment to rip himself out of his fixation and acknowledge the question. "H-huh? Yeah. Of course," he confirmed vaguely. "We weren't nearly as scared as we should have been." The Irish nodded, thinking for a bit, before leaning against one of the work tables.

"But I..." Felix started, his eyes fixated in front of him. "I don't understand," he shrugged, looking back at his friend, once again embracing the chaotic situation that boiled his blood and fogged his head. He hated the living hell out of it. "Who would do such a thing?" It was a ridiculous question, but it was the only way he could figure to assemble it. "How did you end up in that mess in the first place? W-why?" Felix asked further, sounding more desperate. "I... I guess I have to put you both in hamster balls every time I am not around, huh?" He chuckled insecurely, looking over his friend and his girlfriend once more before rubbing his forehead. It felt as if his head was about to fall apart.

Why was he always useless and helpless whenever those he cared about needed him the most?

Pausing after words have been exchanged, he sighed and spoke up insecurely. "You bloody scared me, so fuck you for that," he smirked. "I've fully expected to find only the head left. But I figured, even then. You're bloody alive, so... I won't kick your ass this time."

Montserrat; Montserrat;
art by: still looking...
Ainslie Morrison

Time of Day: Evening
Interaction: Felix Butler - @Ritual Lobotomy + Caleb O'Neill - @DayDreamer

Caleb groaned as soon as the first few words had left his lips. She empathized, she could only imagine what it felt like. She could only partially put herself in his shoe's however. She had been on the reviving end of something like this before, but never to the degree of what the trio was dealing with currently. Still, regardless of how the ginger felt she still stood be her decision, believing this time it truly was the best and only real option.

Ainslie didn't want Caleb to hate her or be angry at her, what friend does? But if Ainslie had to play the part of the bad guy in order to get her friend the help he so desperately needed, then she'd become a villain. Her brown orbs narrowed at him as the burned holes into the back of his head. Her jaw was taught and her stance was rigid. If it was a battle of iron wills, Ainslie was certain she wouldn't be the first to bend.

"It's not her fault, mate. I insisted, and it makes no sense for her to lie to me. I would know either way," Felix interjected. He made a good point, though it didn't take much 'insisting' from Felix to make Ainslie cough up the goods. This point was inevitable from the moment she ran into Caleb acting the way he did on the train.

Felix continued to do his best to breakthrough to Caleb, if Ainslie was honest her mind took over in that moment so she didn't get to hear much of his speech. She trusted him however, Felix by far was the better with words out of the pair. If anyone could get through this mans thick skull it was Felix, Ainslie truly believed that.

Ainslie's brain however went into overdrive as she began to take in everything. Her senses working in overload as her heartbeat quickened. Her eyes noticed everything about Caleb from his breathing pattern to his posture. She understood his body language well. She needed some sort of sign that would allow her a moments respite. To let her know that they really were making progress and that she didn't need to ready a heavy handed punch to this mans jaw.

The seeker watched him, eyes trained on the Gryffindor like a hawk until he finally spoke. "I am not okay," he admitted with a heavy sigh. 'That much was obvious', she thought to herself. But she didn't dare offer her wit at this moment. Even Ainslie knew proper comedic timing. "And unless you can turn back time, you can't help. Not really."

Ah yes the time old desire, time travel. To reverse all the bad decisions one's made to reach a different outcome. Ainslie made the most use out of that in video games. However, unlike her beloved video games, life wasn't equipped with a 'load previous save' option. They were stuck with the choices they made and the consequences of those choices. The only thing they really could do was make the best of it somehow. Some people broke under that pressure or thrived, but in the end the choice was theirs.

For the first time that day Caleb turned slowly towards them and looked them square in the eye. Ainslie had only caught a glimpse before but now that she could really see she finally understood. Even the best actor on the planet would struggle to keep a poker face in that moment. Ainslie's brown orbs widened slightly before she caught herself and tore her gaze from him for a moment. Mentally she cursed herself but above all she tried to regain composure.

A difficult task when seeing the outcome of this situation so clearly imprinted on their friend's face, left her blood running cold. If one paid attention they would able to tell the hobbit was trembling ever so slightly. Ainslie felt like she was going to be sick. And not because the sight of their friend was revolting or anything but because in that brief moment Ainslie felt like she could taste just a fraction of the immense pressure and weight that had been on Caleb's shoulders. And he had been carrying this for months.

"Ah, shit..." she heard come out of Felix's mouth. Ah shit indeed. It was almost comical how something so crass could embody how she was feeling so perfectly right now. Ainslie once again was at a loss for words. Luckily for them Caleb continued, "Remember that jump-scare with Carrow and Fiendfyre last year?" he asked them which only made Ainslie frown.

Of course she remembered that dumpster fire of a disaster. It was during their practical day of learning in DADA that Carrow decided to channel her inner idiot anime protagonist and play hero. A hero that no one asked for, mind you. "H-huh? Yeah. Of course," Felix responded and Ainslie just nodded. Caleb continued, "We weren't nearly as scared as we should have been." Ainslie's eyes narrowed once more, "The hell does that mean?" she practically barked.

"But I..." Felix started, his eyes fixated in front of him. "I don't understand," that would make two of them. Either O'Neill was confirming Carrow was off her rocker and on some sort of drug back then, or he was alluding to something much bigger. And the way Cal and Carrow had been cozening it up lately suggested the later to her.

"Who would do such a thing?" 'Clearly Carrow' Ainslie had the urge to retort sarcastically, but this was neither the time nor place. "How did you end up in that mess in the first place? W-why?" Indeed, that was the million dollar question that was on everyone's mind here. Ainslie remained silent since Felix was speaking, and questioning enough for the both of them.

"I... I guess I have to put you both in hamster balls every time I am not around, huh?" he chuckled nervously, Ainslie flashed him a look and shook her head. This was tough on him, and when he was in situations that made in uncomfortable he often tried to laugh his way out of it. That wasn't going to cut it this time though.

"You bloody scared me, so fuck you for that," he smirked. "I've fully expected to find only the head left. But I figured, even then. You're bloody alive, so... I won't kick your ass this time." Ainslie nodded in agreement and continued, "I'm still not following. What does you ending up like this have anything to do with the DADA incident last year?" That was Ainslie, cutting right to the point as usual.

"Surely you're not going to tell us she had something to do with the incident that did this to you." Because if that was the case, Ainslie was going to have a nice little date with Carrow where she would have to introduce her to foot when she broke it off in her ass. But she'd wait before jumping to conclusions here. That was one good thing about Ainslie, while her temper hadn't changed she wasn't so quick to pull the trigger, and she had Felix to thank.

• Spicy
Unknown
Caleb O'Neill

They reacted about as much as he had expected them to react to seeing his face. Except maybe that it was Ainslie who averted her gaze first instead of Felix. And then came the questions. The darn questions he had been so sick of, but he figured they did deserve an explanation since neither of them had been exposed to the various news circling around about the incident. "I... I guess I have to put you both in hamster balls every time I am not around, huh?" Instead of causing the usual smirking or annoyed reaction, this attempt at a joke made Caleb deflate in his chair. This was not going to be easy and he really didn't want to recall the event, but Felix needed answers and apparently so did Ainslie.

"Surely you're not going to tell us she had something to do with the incident that did this to you." Caleb rubbed the side of his scared face, his fingers disappearing from view in his newly grown hair. "Her stunt made me learn how to counter Fiendfyre in my free time. I never thought I would actually need it this summer." He exhaled as he gathered his wits to properly tell the story without chickening out. "I don't know who cast the curse or why. I just happened to pass by. The block two streets away from the old pub had caught fire and I went to check it out for a moment. The firefighters had already been there for a while trying to put it out, but nothing worked." His eyes were not looking at his friends now, they were focused on some unseen point just a little off to Ainslie's right shoulder. "When I saw the fiery serpent's head I knew what was up. There was no way the firefighters would be able to control it until the Ministry arrived. They were going to just let it burn out, thinking that the building had been evacuated, but there was a little girl on a balcony on the first floor... Petrified and the firefighters couldn't get to her." His thumbs fumbled.

"I didn't think it through. I was able to keep the fire at bay long enough to get her to grab on me. It swung at me good just as we were about to jump...." His eyes shut as he recalled the sensation of his face melting away. The pain had been such that he had not even registered the impact on the safety net and then the firemen coming over to get the girl and him to the first aid. He hadn't realized his breathing had hitched and that his fists were tightly clenched as he had paused.

FELIX BUTLER

Interactions:

He could feel the mixture of frustration and awkwardness flying across the room at the speed of light, and his head was legitimately spinning in the process. It was all a huge bloody mess, and he did not know where to begin nor what to think. But for the most part, he managed to keep his frustration contained, just as he promised himself he would do for all their sakes. But there was a bit of mishap that he just now became aware of - containing her emotions was a challenge for Ainslie. Moreso, she had never agreed to contain them, and Felix never thought about it until she spoke up.

"I'm still not following. What does you ending up like this have anything to do with the DADA incident last year?" She asked, the tone of her voice sounding upset. "Surely you're not going to tell us she had something to do with the incident that did this to you." It was out of habit that Felix's mind focused back on the immediate issue, even though she came a long way from diving headfirst into assumptions.

"Let's...take a step back here," he suggested calmly. "It's a long way from a stunt to a crime, no? Sure she's seemingly capable of it, and sure, she loves bludging him to death, but burning his face off? That's...," he scoffed at the thought. "Perhaps I don't wanna think that far." That was a lie. He didn't want to think at all, and this whole thing felt like a situation with a panic-inducing potential. The thought of it alone made him grow uneasy.

He firmly believed it was an accident, ever since the first hint that something was off, and it seemed that Caleb's testimony confirmed it. Managing to focus on it, Felix visibly grew more curious about the plot. To hear of such important detail, everyone seemed to be missing felt endlessly frustrating. There it was! It wasn't his fault, and it wasn't him being an idiot that everyone so unfairly believed he was. He was punished for being a brave and selfless Caleb he knew, even when Caleb himself called it bullshit. And now, he was pushed by all other idiots to feel as if he made a mistake. It hurt.

"I didn't think it through," Caleb proceeded. "I was able to keep the fire at bay long enough to get her to grab on me. It swung at me good just as we were about to jump...." Watching him struggle, weighted heavy on Felix's soul. Knowing he could not help him with anything other than friendly support was worse. Merlin's beard, he hadn't thought about it in a while, but once again gravely missed Fiona. Her ability to make everyone feel better in a blink of an eye was a blessing that she gladly shared with others. For years, she would come to him every once in a while. Often when he was alone, he could give in to it, But then sometimes, like now, it felt like a burden - a burden of something he will never be able to provide the world with. More importantly, the people he cared deeply about.

And yet, he had to try. As the only one able to see further than the surface, he made it his obligation to act on it. Without much thinking, Felix soon found himself at Caleb's side, lowering his hand on the Gryffindor's shoulder and squeezing it reassuringly as he knelt next to the chair, much like a parent would next to a child.

"That's okay, mate," he spoke calmly, patiently attempting to prevent any further chaos from erupting. "Breathe. You're okay. You did the right thing. I would have done the same, except I would most likely lose my head in the process," Felix chuckled, although it was the truth. "Getting out of that bloody hell alive and saving a life in the process... I am so proud of you, Cal," he grinned, fist-bumping Caleb's upper arm gently enough to only sway him a bit before he turned towards Ainslie with a smirk.

"We both are. And we are hella proud to have you as our mate. What you did is amazing! And who cares what all the other tools will say? We know you, and we know how incredibly brave that was. You did not think because you knew what needs to be done. Not because you were an eejit. Don't forget that," Felix proceed to reassure him with a small jest. "And true, your life has changed forever. You survived a bloody fiendfyre! No fecker's gonna mess with you."

Ainslie Morrison, Ainslie's Outfit, RoR

Ainslie's brown orbs never left from their intended target, Caleb. She waited till he would give her an answer to her question. "Let's...take a step back here," Felix suggested calmly. "It's a long way from a stunt to a crime, no?" For once Ainslie's sharp gaze snapped from Caleb to the beanpole instead.

"Sure she's seemingly capable of it, and sure, she loves bludgeoning him to death, but burning his face off? That's...," Ainslie's frown deepened as Felix continued, "Perhaps I don't wanna think that far." By the time he finished Ainslie's face had managed to curl up in disgust. Was he suggesting that the same girl that had the balls to cast a forbidden spell in the middle of a simple class practicum, would incapable of malice?

Since when had he become Carrow's best fucking friend? Defending her in her absence like some shining knight? Maybe it was Ainslie's upbringing but believing the best in people without reason just wasn't her sort of thing, especially when her friend's safety and well-being was at stake. The ginger felt the anger boiling in the pit of her stomach, rolling off her small body in waves. Unfortunately for her she had no outlet.

She couldn't condemn Carrow without proof, though every bone in her body screamed her best friend's marred face was proof enough. Maybe she hated the girl, or perhaps she was taking her frustrations out on her, it didn't matter to Ainslie. Whenever her friends were hurt the overwhelming rage she felt, if left unchecked, would always ultimately end up getting her in trouble.

With a huff, the ginger shoved her hands in her pocket and turned her back on the boys. Instead of doing something she'd regret she settled for pacing around the shop instead. "Her stunt made me learn how to counter Fiendfyre in my free time. I never thought I would actually need it this summer."

Ainslie had a lot of questions. Like how the girl knew how to counter that thing anyway and how Caleb learned it so quickly but now was not the time for questions or jokes. So she decided to rest her case, even though she wasn't happy about any of this, but it wasn't about her.

As Caleb began to explain Ainslie slowed her pace to a halt and really tried to listen. The more he continued the more Ainslie's anger died down bit by bit, until it was a bit more manageable. The ginger hobbit sighed softly as she shook her head. Finally hearing the truth instead of what was written in the papers, things started to make sense.

However, it only proved that situation was indeed a messy one, as if that wasn't obvious to begin with. And their poor, kind hearted friend got caught up in the midst of it. It was a terrible situation to be in that was for sure, but Cal really had saved a life. How far he had come from that angry and hurt kid she first met years ago.

"I didn't think it through. I was able to keep the fire at bay long enough to get her to grab on me. It swung at me good just as we were about to jump...." Out of the corner of her eye she caught Felix move immediately to Caleb's side. Looking at him now he really did seem small and frail. Like if the slightest wind blew in his direction he'd fade away or break.

Ainslie's heart went out to him. Once again she realized how much better Felix was at this sort of thing. No matter how much her heart yearned to comfort Caleb, to protect him, she couldn't. She always stumbled with her words till she eventually froze and gave up all together. Honestly she was a terrible friend.

Felix, on the other hand, well, it was almost like he was meant for this. Once again Ainslie withdrew her gaze from the two. She was still angry, extremely so. She was so angry for her friend that he had to go through something like this, something no one should ever have to go through. Angry that fucked up journalist took advantaged of a scared to death kid to get a paycheck.

But most of all she was pissed off at the ones responsible for this. If wishes truly did come true she wished for nothing more that to shove her fist down the throat of whoever was responsible for this. Walking a bit away from the pair, the hobbit punched the wall near her out of frustration before crouching down to a squat holding the now red knuckles that were screaming in pain at her.

"That's okay, mate," Felix spoke calmly, "Breathe. You're okay. You did the right thing. I would have done the same, except I would most likely lose my head in the process," Felix chuckled, and Ainslie couldn't help but feel her heart ache in the process. She didn't want either of them to be hurt. She wouldn't have even wished this situation on her worst enemy. "Getting out of that bloody hell alive and saving a life in the process... I am so proud of you, Cal,"

"We both are. And we are hella proud to have you as our mate. What you did is amazing! And who cares what all the other tools will say? We know you, and we know how incredibly brave that was. You did not think because you knew what needs to be done. Not because you were an eejit. Don't forget that,"
Felix proceed to reassure him with a small jest. "And true, your life has changed forever. You survived a bloody fiendfyre! No fecker's gonna mess with you."

"If they do you can always send them my way. I'll introduce them to my fists, free of charge." Ainslie said after a brief moment of collecting herself. She did her best to press her feelings down so she could go back to helping her friend, or trying to at least. She turned to face them one more flashing them a small smirk and hiding her injured hand behind her back.

"You were really brave Cal. You saved a life, not many people can say that. You're a hero and you're alive. I won't allow anyone to take those things from you, not even yourself." the ginger said as she slowly made her way closer to the group once more, a slight blush on her cheeks. in the few moments she had been here she had vocalized her sentimental feelings way more than usual, and it was embarrassing.

but the aftertaste is
- b i t t e r s w e e t -

Last edited:
  • Sweet
Unknown
Caleb O'Neill

That touch on the shoulder made him snap his eyes open and look wildly around for a brief second, realizing he was back at the Room of Requirement with his friends. As he listened to Felix, he felt his muscles relax and his breathing returned to normal. He had been close to a panic attack he realized and that scared the shit out of him. The culmination of this little pep talk with Ainslie's offer of a free fist introduction to anyone who decides to look at him the wrong way brought a small, uncertain smirk on his face for the first time in the entire week.

"I, uh, " He rubbed his neck awkwardly. "Thanks...." He looked at Felix, then at Ainslie and that faint smile persisted. "I had enough of fire talks for the day. How about we just chill a bit before we head to the dorm? I have to know how you two finally got together, Ainslie didn't really get a chance to spill the beans on the train." He proposed and a couple of comfy sofas, beanbags, and loveseats appeared in a separate area of the room, making a small sitting room further away from the workshop. Not really waiting for his friends to agree to his plan, he grabbed one of the plates August had brought him and made himself comfortable on one of the beanbags, making a mental note to have an entrance near the kitchen so he could grab some leftover dessert from it later.

It was the first sign of a smile Ainslie had seen from Caleb since she laid eyes on him today. Ainslie always knew Felix was the best person for this sort of thing. Fancy feeling power aside, his personality was built for this sort of thing. Even when he wasn't confident he usually handled other's with the care they truly needed.

If Ains was honest with herself she often found herself jealous of him. He would have the perfect words when she would just choke. He could dry someone's tears when she could only rage or freeze, like some deer caught in headlights. But above all else, what mattered was that Felix was able to rescue Caleb from whatever mental hell cycle he had managed to slip into. Thank goodness.

Despite still having the feelings of rage rolling around within her, this managed to calm her a little, helping her to suppress her emotions even further. All she ever wanted was for her friends, who were honestly her family at this point, to be happy. And while that might be a lot to ask from Caleb at this time, this was certainly a step in the right direction, she was sure.

She was glad she pushed through all her uncomfortable feelings to check up on her. "I, uh, " He rubbed his neck awkwardly. "Thanks...." Ainslie smiled softly at him as she hung back allowing Felix and Caleb room to do whatever it was that bros did. "I had enough of fire talks for the day. How about we just chill a bit before we head to the dorm? I have to know how you two finally got together, Ainslie didn't really get a chance to spill the beans on the train."

Almost immediately Ainslie's face turned the exact shade of crimson that was on their house emblem. "W-w-what?" she sputtered stumbling back for a moment. She lifted her injured hand and in tandem with her other one, waved them in front of her face as she shook her head. "No no no. We don't have to talk about it, really!" She said as she inched closer to the exit.

"Isn't it enough to know we're together? Besides! We're not here to talk about us right? We could talk about anything else, like....erm...the crazy prank you missed out on. Fee did a really big one this time. Oh and the teachers they even had something up their sleeve--" Ainslie was rambling but she could only pray Fee would pick up on her embarrassment and spare her this one time.

but the aftertaste is

• Haha
FELIX BUTLER

Interactions:

"If they do, you can always send them my way," Ainslie added once she was done composing herself in the corner. "I'll introduce them to my fists, free of charge." Unsurprisingly, it was something he would expect Ainslie to say at any time if she felt like it. Regardless, Felix tilted his head lightly, assessing her insecurity. Now that was something not often paired with such words. These two dummies were each a handful. Or so did Felix thought as he got back up with a knowing smirk. That was alright. He would not trade them for anyone else.

"You were really brave Cal," Ainslie proceeded as she approached them. "You saved a life, not many people can say that. You're a hero and you're alive." Felix nodded in agreement, thankful for the support she had offered with the way she had referred to Caleb. "I won't allow anyone to take those things from you, not even yourself." It lingered in his mind for a bit, and he grinned with the thought of how proud she made him. She was honest. The determination behind the rosy cheeks told as much. She had come a long way. They all did.

"I, uh, " Caleb spoke up, and his housemate snickered. "Thanks...." he said sheepishly, smirking, and Felix quickly caught up with the change in the atmosphere, attempting to maintain the momentum. "And we have achieved words!" He joked. "I'll call that a bloody win."

"I had enough of fire talks for the day," Caleb spoke up again after a brief pause. "How about we just chill a bit before we head to the dorm?"

Finding the idea appealing, Felix nodded to it in agreement. "That sounds very nice right about now," he exhaled, the stress that was building up now easing slowly.

"I have to know how you two finally got together, Ainslie didn't really get a chance to spill the beans on the train."

"Oh?" Escaped his mouth as he threw a curious look Ainslie's way. "W-w-what?" It came from her. The sight of her face turning the most potent shade of red that it was capable of turned Fee's curious smirk into a mischievous one. "No no no. We don't have to talk about it, really!" She kept on insisting, ready to bolt. Allowing her to proceed with her ramblings, Felix crossed his arms, waiting patiently and amused.

"You know," he interrupted with a chuckle. "The faster you rip the bandaid, the less it hurts." Turning briefly towards Caleb, he proceeded in his usual upbeat fashion. "She is just humble. But I'll say, she was braver than I'd ever been asking myself out." Although wrapped up in a harmless jest, there was undeniable confidence in his words. "She decided to give me a fair chance, and I sure as hell hope she isn't regretting it just yet," he smirked sheepishly at the small ginger that was sneakily looking for the door.

"But you know me," he proceeded as he moved towards the newly formed lounge. "I'm a fair amount of tool that needed to think twice. Figured, feck it. Ainslie can do better. Humble of me, I know," he continued to jest, allowing his body to flop down comfortably into a large beanbag. "But then!" Felix exclaimed as he tapped his sides in search of his wand. Soon enough, he had found it. "I figured that the idea of not trying made me feel horrible." It was an understatement, but Ainslie had a point. Even though O'Neill was their third irreplaceable pillar, he understood that she would like to keep some things between them. And while it was hard to resist the urge to shout it all out, there was an excitement in sharing a silly secret like that.

"Anyway!" Felix's tone rose cheerfully as he pointed his wand towards Ainslie. "I seem to be able to keep her happy and healthy, so I am surely doing something right."

Aiming, he finally cast a small whip of light towards her with a wide grin. "Carpe Retractum," he pronounced it clearly, and the charm immediately pulled Ainslie towards the beanbag, placing her snuggly next to him. "If you're about to keep pouting at me, Teddy Bear, isn't it more efficient if I can see it from here?" Chuckling, he let his arm fall over her shoulders, and finally, he was in peace. All was back the way it was supposed to be. As much as it could have been, that is. Bt even that was enough for the moment.

"And what of ya, discount Romeo," the beanstalk turned his tease towards Caleb. "Something we should know about?" He asked expectantly, although he had no idea what was it that they were supposed to expect.

"You know," Felix began and Ainslie could literally feel a lump form in her throat as she panickedly glanced back at her boyfriend and her best friend. "The faster you rip the band-aid, the less it hurts." Ainslie released a slew of curses at Felix under her breath.

He found this all very amusing and while that was all fine and dandy Ainslie just wasn't the best at expressing herself or sharing intimate pieces of herself. Even if it was with the very same people she trusted the most in this world. It was something she was still working on, besides she was embarrassed.

"She is just humble. But I'll say, she was braver than I'd ever been asking myself out." Just him mentioning brought up that day he invited her out for running. She remember she barely got any sleep the night before but still managed to wake up early and met with him promptly. She could remember how nervous she'd been as well.

She made up her mind that she would tell him how she felt and while it seemed easy the process to get there was terrifying. Then of course when she finally managed to cough out the confession Felix's rejection only managed to knock the breath from her very lungs. She remembered not being able to think and her body took off before she could even realize what happened.

"She decided to give me a fair chance, and I sure as hell hope she isn't regretting it just yet," Felix continued. Ainslie still had her back turned to the other pair, luckily for her so that they wouldn't have to see her pained expression. Why would she ever regret being with Felix? He was the best thing to have happened to her.

But he didn't need to know that, not yet at least. "But you know me," he proceeded as she glanced back at them sheepishly. She watched as Felix moved towards the newly formed lounge. "I'm a fair amount of tool that needed to think twice. Figured, feck it. Ainslie can do better. Humble of me, I know," Ainslie rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms across her chest in her little corner of the room.

"But then!" Felix exclaimed as he began tapping his sides. "I figured that the idea of not trying made me feel horrible." That made two of them, but Ainslie couldn't bring herself to confront him after the rejection. It was if all her will power and courage vanished in an instant. "Anyway!" Felix said as he pointed his wand at her.

Ainslie tilted her head to the side and frowned at him. And what exactly was he up to this time? "I seem to be able to keep her happy and healthy, so I am surely doing something right." Ainslie opened her mouth the respond but Felix continued. "Carpe Retractum," Her eyes widened as the light whip hooked around her waist and pulled her towards Felix. "Hey!" she complained but before she knew it she was in his arms and practically in his lap.

"If you're about to keep pouting at me, Teddy Bear, isn't it more efficient if I can see it from here?" Felix asked her cheekily which only made Ainslie's reddened cheeks puff out more. "You're lucky I like you..." she muttered as she clutched the necklace he gave her today closer to her chest. "And what of ya, discount Romeo," the beanstalk turned his tease towards Caleb. "Something we should know about?"

Thankful for the attention to be off of her, Ainslie adjusted herself so that she was more comfortable leaning against Felix as she turned her gaze to Caleb. "What's this? Since when did you have your eyes on someone?" Ainslie asked, sticking out her lip in a sadder pout. Clearly she was just jesting but part of her was truly curious. She'd been so focused on her situation last year that it was only right for her to give her full attention to Caleb this time. Especially since he helped her so much with the Felix issue.

but the aftertaste is

• Love
Unknown
Caleb O'Neill

Ainslie's panicked reaction caused Caleb to smirk knowingly. It wasn't his usual, broad and lopsided smile, but it was there. This was going to be an interesting story. One that Felix somehow managed to share, without actually sharing. Caleb watched as his friend cheekily rounded up his pouting girlfriend, making her blush even more than Caleb thought was possible. He had to wonder since when Felix began acting so mature without losing his trademark impish nature. Was it the fact he had finally gotten himself into a relationship? Or did he simply decide to grow up? Caleb couldn't tell but it relieved him to see his two best buddies being together. After all, he had been very close to seriously fighting with Felix when Ainslie had come over to him broken-hearted. There was at least one thing that had turned out well over the summer and Caleb was willing to allow it to fill him with a bit of hope.

"And what of ya, discount Romeo, something we should know about?" He had been inhaling his food like there was no tomorrow, realizing how hungry he had been but also feeling quite drained from all the emotional turmoil that he choked on a piece of meat-pie when Felix decided to turn the relationship talk to his direction instead. "What's this? Since when did you have your eyes on someone?" Ainslie tagged as if looking for sweet sweet revenge on putting the spotlight over her. "Now whatever gave you that idea?" Caleb asked in between coughs as he forced the stubborn piece of food down his throat. "I haven't dated since that Valentine thing with Sophie from Ravenclaw last year." He added after taking a deep breath. It was true that last Valentine he had been asked out with a message on a box of chocolates in his Quidditch locker by the Seeker of Ravenclaw and he had entertained the date for the event, but it never really went beyond that. They just hadn't clicked. Apparently, his disinterest in complying fully with the 'Bad Boy Dating' concept that she had in mind had been the deal-breaker.

Last edited:
FELIX BUTLER

Interactions:

Sure, Caleb was what Felix would label as his best friend, but having Ainslie's support teasing him, gave it a new, special note. To Felix's delight, it worked out flawlessly as his voracious friend stumbled and dropped out of the rhythm in which he was devouring the content of his plate.

The confused tone made Felix enjoy their shenanigans even more. Yes, he partially instigated it to alleviate Ainslie's discomfort of being in the spotlight. But on the other hand, he was genuinely curious about what else had been going down in his friend's life that would perhaps push him further away from the self-loathing. Caleb's question did not discourage Felix. He instead gave it a light-hearted eye-roll and a chuckle.

"Now that tells me that the idea isn't so farfetched, buddy," he snickered on, generously stroking Ainslie's back. "Ains and I can do only as much for you. If you know what I mean," he insinuated and wiggled his eyebrows mischievously. Felix was too much of a dunce to claim to be an expert in any way that did not include using his birth-given abilities. However, after all of the anxiety induced by the thought of even attempting to request Ainslie to date him, it was the best decision that Caleb ever pushed him to make. In any way or form, Felix was confident that he would return the favor one of these days.

"Oh, bro," Beanstalk let out a disappointed sigh and dramatically dropped backward in his seat as soon as Caleb had mentioned Sophie.

"You still call that a date? That was a full-on hostage situation! We are fortunate to have you back on time. Who knows what would've become of ya." In his mind, there was no exaggeration. "That girl was bloody bonkers, lad," he laughed out and cleared his throat.

"Hey, good lookin'," Felix then proceeded to imitate, to the best of his abilities, the tone and the behavior of the said Ravenclaw. "Come here and hug me with those strong Quidditch arms of yours, bad boy," he proceeded dramatically, topping it off with a kissy face briefly before bursting into laughter.

"Of all the other girls you could have suffered with, boyo. Damn, even the Harrow Carrow and alike would have been a better option. Sure, she would likely rip your head off by the end of it, but at least it would not have been a slow-burn agony of boredom," he leaned back with a comically cocky grin and hands behind his head. "I mean, considering you already are a magnet for weirdos. Case in point, yer sittin' with them right now!" With it, he reached out and methodically ruffled the ginger locks of his girlfriend.

Ha. Girlfriend. That sounded just about as right as it did the first time around.

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Nemopedia

"Now whatever gave you that idea?" Cal said as he choked on his food. Ainslie cocked an eyebrow at him as she watched him. Suddenly enjoying that the attention was no longer on her. "Now that tells me that the idea isn't so farfetched, buddy," Fee chimed in as he rubbed Ainslie's back, "Ains and I can do only as much for you. If you know what I mean,"

That was true. Fee was too stupid when it came to romance to be of any use and Ainslie was just an awkward little shit. They honestly made the perfect pair of idiots in the romance. In Ainslie's case, she was extremely lucky to have Cal there to support her through her ups and downs. She wanted to do the same for him but she wasn't confident in her abilities.

"I haven't dated since that Valentine thing with Sophie from Ravenclaw last year." Ainslie frowned as she tried to remember who the fuck that was anyway. "Oh, bro," Felix groaned beside her. Ainslie's brown orbs drifted over to him hoping he would give her some sort of hint. "You still call that a date? That was a full-on hostage situation! We are fortunate to have you back on time. Who knows what would've become of ya."

"Hey, good lookin',"
Fee said as he began to imitate the Ravenclaw in question. "Come here and hug me with those strong Quidditch arms of yours, bad boy,"

"Oh!" Ainslie exclaimed, clasping her hands together. "You mean that freak that was obsessed with the 'bad-boy' stereotype?" Ainslie snorted before breaking out into a fit of laughter. "Girl was completely mad. I was damn near afraid she'd force you to step on her and call her names after a while. She's the sort with a kink like that." Ainslie said as she wiped a tear from her eye.

"Of all the other girls you could have suffered with, boyo. Damn, even the Harrow Carrow and alike would have been a better option. Sure, she would likely rip your head off by the end of it, but at least it would not have been a slow-burn agony of boredom," Ainslie shook her head. "I dunno. Both seem like options that would drive me to drink bleach at the end of the day." Ainslie said as she leaned against Fee.

"I mean, considering you already are a magnet for weirdos. Case in point, yer sittin' with them right now!" Felix said as he reached out to rustle Ainslie's hair. "Fuck off. Speak for yourself." her words were sharp but her tone was light, a clear sign she was teasing. "Whoever you decide to set your sights on." Ainslie spoke up, turning the attention back to Caleb,

"Just know they have to pass Mommy and Daddy's judgement first before we give you our blessing." she said as she patted her chest and gestured to Fee when she spoke of them in the parental sense. A wicked smirk was plastered on her lips, she couldn't wait for the day Caleb found himself someone special. She'd pay him back for all the teasing he made her deal with, that was for sure.

but the aftertaste is

• Haha
Unknown
Caleb O'Neill

"Hey, good lookin', Come here and hug me with those strong Quidditch arms of yours, bad boy," Felix put on his best act to sound like Sophie, and Caleb's reaction was immediate. A pillow was flung at the male's direction. A conveniently conjured one, courtesy of the Room of Requirement. "Fuck off mate!" Caleb smirked for the first time this day. His sentiment would only be repeated by Ainslie mere moments later at the mention of being weirdos. He found himself silently agreeing. They were a couple of weirdos, but they were his weirdos and he wouldn't change them for the world.

"Just know they have to pass Mommy and Daddy's judgment first before we give you our blessing." He paused on eating the last of his food and looked up at Ainslie with a rather challenging glint in his eyes. "Good to know I will have to elope." He commented with a light chuckle. In all honesty he didn't expect to find someone who would like him after what happened in the summer. But a relationship was the absolute last thing in his mind and to-do list at the moment. However this type of conversation was exactly what he needed to get his anxiety to a manageable level. He was still not entirely ready to face his roommates, but he felt a lot more comfortable with the prospect of sleeping in his dorm room and not the Room of Requirement.

And just like so many other times that he had stayed up working past curfew, another door appeared and Caleb knew it would take them to the common room without having to deal with a groggy Fat Lady.