[OOC]Return of the Dragon Tamers: The Plague of Ogual

S

Soulserenity20

Original poster

• None

• Welcome to Illos....
    Note: Only the accepted users on the list below may post in this thread, if you'd like to signup, please head on over to the signups and work on your CS there. Any non-accepted players' posts will be removed. Thankyou.

Please check in for more slots when chapter two opens.

The following players are accepted and have claimed their dragons.
    Soulserenity20 ---- Merrik Tetra ----- Obsidian Nova, Nightmare Dragon
    Soulserenity20 -----Terria Tetra ----- Ataegana Kuu'iah, Lunar Dragon
    Soulserenity20 -----Avren Lebram ----- Viridian, Forest Dragon
    Rainjay -----Saira Rinien ----- Aerarya, Atmosphere Dragon
    Rainjay -----Illyria Rowena Renthir ----- Mirazh, Desert Dragon
    Firejay1 -----Narien Ki'ila ----- Angi, Arcane Dragon
    White -----Rèverie Gray ----- Celeste, Celestial Dragon
    Mowkie ----- Pomona Ayelet Muldell ----- Katla, Vanity Dragon
    Mowkie ----- Alder Balthazar Grey ----- Andraste, Valor Dragon
    Crimson77 ----- Xylia Kalei Iwalani ----- Deventh, Swamp Dragon
    Remaining Dragons are:
    -Brown
    -Yellow
    -Pink
    -Pearl
    -Red

The Following Dragons Are Out of Commission:
    +Orange (Solar) - Deceased

Roleplay Website*: Click Here

*Please note that the information on the website is largely a WIP. While the posted information is generally going to stay as is, the pages are constantly being updated and added to. (By constantly I mean as often as I can. ^_^)

Link to the IC
    Let the Journey Begin

• Link to Roleplay Info:
    Tamers Perk List (Not relevant as it stands since it's not up to date, but will soon be.)
    Illos Land and Settlement Page
    Tamers Information Page
    Beastiary (Forever a WIP)

COMING SOON: Character asset List.

Merrik's Thoughts on the Army:
    I first and foremost aim to fill the following ranks:
    1st Captain: my right hand tamer whom I will trust with all leadership in my stead should the times call for it.
    2nd Captain: one who will be a support to myself and my 1st captain.
    Scouts: those whose primary duty is to be our first line of offense and defense: observance
    Defenders: these tamers must be powerful protective mana users. A strong defensive wall against our enemies will be infinitely useful.
    Warriors: as with any army, all soldiers are to fight, but I will need a team with a powerful offense specifically to be send out to deal damage. These will have to be skilled in mana, but also very well trained with a weapon and as a team with their dragons.

ASSIGNED RANKS: (Not to be confused with combat roles, as listed below)
    1st Captain: Goliath Atreus
    2nd Captain: Terria Tetra
    Scouts: Saira Rinien, Avren Libram, Aris Vaughn
    Defenders: Goliath Atreus, Narien Ki'ila, Dalaith Malai, Illyria Renthir,
    Warriors: Terria Tetra, Kalona Fischer, Requiem Mortalis, Reverie Gray, Aiko Vadarys, Aislin Whitely

I've set out the following fighter classes to establish a means of arranging the army, each tamer must fall into one category of combat roles as a primary and one as a secondary:
    Offensive Mage
    Defensive Mage
    Offensive Non-mana Fighters
    Dragon-warrior
    Healers
    Ambush Warriors

So far, my thoughts are as such:
    +Goliath has proven himiself a valuable warrior and earned both my respect and confidence. He will be my 1st Captain without question. I trust him to keep the others safe in battle with or without me. He will double as a defensive mage, as his bonded ability has grown much stronger since his time in Kona Petl.
    +Avren has grown as a healer and has put effort into developing himself as a warrior. While I will continue to encourage him to grow as a warrior, his role will be that of a healer. He will work as an archer as well, should the need arise.
    +Saira has gained my confidence as she has shown her capability as a survivor, a soldier, and a friend to many in the order. She will serve as an archer, as this has been her strength, but I would double her as an offensive mage, given she continues to develop her elemental mana.
    +Kalona concerns me as she grows more and more ill. She holds a vast amount of potential as a mage but if this mark brings the end of her mana use, which I sometimes fear it will, she will need to serve as a spear-woman, for she works well with her weapon and is quick on her feet. I hope to maintain her in her role as an offensive mage and a defensive mage, but time will tell if such hopes will be for naught.
    + Dalaith continues to grow and develop her capability in fields of both mana and combat. Now that she has established a level of self-sufficiency with a weapon after her time spent at the Stallion tribe, I am more confident putting her in the front line as a mage. She must be able to defend herself if her mana fails and now, I feel she can do at least this. She will now serve as a defensive mage primarily, and an offensive mage secondarily.
    +Terria will serve as an offensive mage, as I originally planned. But we may need to pull her back at some point and use her to heal the wounded with Avren, for there are no others with any level of skill in the healing magicks.
    +Requiem has begun to show potential. His bonded ability has become well established after his time at Kona Petl and after some displays of aptitude in combat, I'm confident in placing him onto the battle field. I am most inclined to position him as an offensive mage and an offensive non-mana fighter.
    +Reverie has finally dealt with the disturbing issues she had previously displayed and grown to be a stronger mage because of it. I feel she can now work to gain aptitude with a blade, but I still am not confident in her combat abilities. She will play the role of a dragon warrior and fight from atop her dragoness, keeping herself out of harm by remaining in the skies. She will lead the three newcomers.
    +Narien has displayed a level of courage (or craziness) that leaves me oddly comfortable about his place on the battle field. The man is adept with a blade and has incredible perception. A bit unorthodox, but capable. I fear his elemental mana is not yet stable enough to be a strong weapon, but his bonded ability has grown since his time at Kona Petl, as was hoped. I will aim to utilize him primarily as a defensive mage, but also as an offensive non-mana fighter.
    +Aislin TBA
    +Aiko, Aris, and Illyria have not yet gained my confidence that they should be in the midst of the battle. They will serve as dragon warriors and remain airborn, dousing the foes with fires and transporting the injured back to the healers with Reverie as their lead.
    (Note to crimson: I'll edit this once Xylia is in)

• +Posting/Activity Rules and Regulatory Fun
    +1+
    +Lengthy Unexplained Absences+
    Any unexplained absence proceeding the span of one week will result in a warning. If said absence continues for two weeks, you will be considered MIA and you will lose your slot in this roleplay, but are welcome to apply again in the second chapter.
    +2+

+Multiple Unexplained Absences+
    If you regularly go missing for several days without a word and are constantly responsible for holding up the progress of this roleplay, you will receive a warning. While real life isn't always predictable and you may have other roleplays, I expect you to have a level of dedication and respect for this roleplay just like everyone else. Should your behaviour continue and I or Erranruin feel that you have are severely dragging the roleplay down, your slot in this roleplay will be removed.
    Again, you're more than welcome to apply in the second chapter.
    +3+

+Locking up Another Player's Character+
    In the case of a collaboration or interaction between characters, you will be expected to post in a punctual manner. If you do not have the time to do so at that moment in time, please refrain from entering into collabs or arranging character interactions.
    In a personally arranged collab you will be expected to post every 5 or 6 days. Failure to do so will be considered "locking up" another player's character and that player gains the right to end that interaction either by voiding the collab or by closing the interaction with a generic, non-altering post for your character. If you don't want to have your character spoken for, don't lock other player's character up.
    In a GM initiated collab you will be expected to post once a week, with a grace period of 2 days for explained tardiness. If you do not post within the week, you will be contacted and asked to post. If you do not post within the two days, your character will be moved along by either myself or by Erranruin to prevent the other players from being held up.
    +4+

+Low Quality Posts+
    While I generally don't believe I hold the right to harshly criticize other player's posts, I expect a level of writing from this roleplay. If you are continually posting posts with less than 2 paragraphs, improper grammar, violations to the lore, or character altering of other player's characters, you will receive a warning which may lead to the loss of your slot in this roleplay. If you aren't willing to put effort into this roleplay like everyone else, you don't need to be in this roleplay.
    +5+

+Time Limits+
    Unexplained Hiatus: 7 days warrants a warning. 14 days warrants your removal from this RP. The countdown for any future or current Hiatus will commence upon the posting of this rule-set.
    Multiple Unexplained Hiatuses: 4+ days of unexplained absence warrants a warning. 3 warnings in one month warrants your removal from this RP. The countdown for any future or current Hiatus will commence upon the posting of this rule-set.
    Multiple Excused Hiatuses: 5 or more absences with excuses, spanning 4+ days in one month will warrant the discussion of your removal from this RP. This means you are absent from this roleplay 20 days out of the month. If this persists into a second month you may be asked to leave this roleplay on the grounds that you do not have the time for it. The countdown for any future or current Hiatus will commence upon the posting of this rule-set.
    +6+

+I love you all+
    I don't like having to inflict these kinds of rules but I firmly believe they are for the good of the RP as a whole. I don't WANT to lose any of my players but I'd rather lose one or two instead of having the entire RP fail because it's constantly being held up. If you find these rules to be unfair or unjust, please contact me VIA pm and we can discuss your concerns.
    Thank you,
    ~Soul
    [tab=Character List][/tab][tab=Character List][/tab]

• (I know there are two Char. List tabs. I can't get rid of the one -_-)
    Character Hexes
    Aerarya is #800080
    Saira is #33cccc
    Merrik is Lime
    Nova is Black with Shadow and Italic.
    Avren is Green
    Viridian is Yellow Green with Italic.
    Terria is Dark Azure
    Taega is Medium Gray with Glow and Italic.
    Requiem is Maroon
    Aleria is Dark Green.
    Agni color is #999999
    Narien is #0092b3
    Kalona is #cc8080
    Lyre is #8fb2b2, with italics and [ shadow ] [ /shadow ]
    Goliath is Amber
    Hezekiah is Red and bold

*Any not listed here were not provided to me.
    PLAYER TAMER DRAGON
    Soulserenity20 Merrik Tetra
    Nightmare (Black)
    Obsidian Nova
    Soulserenity20 Terria Tetra
    Lunar (Pewter)
    Ateagana Kuu'iah
    Soulserenity20 Avren Lebram
    Forest (Green)
    Viridian
    Rainjay Saira Rinien
    Atmosphere (Silver)
    Aerarya
    Rainjay
    Illyria Rowena Renthir

Desert (Tan)
    Mirazh
    Shadicmaster Dalaith Malai
    Intellect (Gold)
    A'untyr Miirym
    Freyalise Kalona Fischer
    Deep Sea (Blue)
    Lyre
    Wytchfinder Goliath Atreus
    Noble (Iron)
    Hezekiah
    Silver Aislin Whitely
    Dream (Pearl)
    Yumiru
    Requiem Requiem Mortalis
    Jungle (Rainbow)
    Aleria
    Firejay1
    Narien Ki'ila

Arcane (Platinum)
    Agni
    White Rèverie Gray
    Celestial (White)
    Celeste
    J_"Kraken" Nimrielye Elyen

Inferno (Red)
    Aegnor
    Mowkie Aiko Vadarys Vanity (Amethyst)
    Zolykar
    Crimson77 Xylia Kalei Iwalani Swamp (Olive)
    Deventh

• War is starting! Please remember that if you encounter any dice-based events, you do not have to take part. You can choose to opt out. The events are purely to help me better develop my dice system and add some random chance to the game. Be sure to read all battle posts carefully and work together to win the war!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Rainjay and senpai
*Empty for now*

• Love
Reactions: senpai
Well, this is where players can chat out of character about the roleplay. :|

Lol what do you mean what's the point of this?

The other one is for whoever is interested to discuss joining and character development. This one is strictly for accepted players. Any one else's posts will be deleted and they will be directed to the signup thread. There's alot of junk in the other thread already lol so I wanted a fresh start with a more organized thread with the accepted group of people.

MERRIK INFO I HAVEN"T INCORPERATED INTO MY CS YET
Merrik Tetra
Birthday: December 20
- Hair Color
Merrik's hair is an ashy shade of dark brown, though in most light it appears black. There are slightly noticeable strands scattered about that bear a lighter tone, this he got from his mother who bore chocolate brown locks.
- Hair Style/Length/Texture (widow's peak? bangs? soft? fine? thick?)
His hair is worn short and all too often reaches a slightly shaggy length, but its norm stands at about 3 inches, laying about in whichever way it so chooses. Thick and full, much like his mother's, he won't be balding any time soon.
- Eye Color
Emeralds of the trees, or so some have said. Merrik's eyes take on an elven tone, just like his father's, a hint at his ancient ancestors. Flecks of lighter, almost lime green and gold dapple his irises, but one would have to get awfully close to notice this.
- Shape/Look of Eyes (eyebrows, cat eyes? sleepy eyes? wide eyes?)
Merrik's eyes are rounded ovals with a slightly narrow pull at the end, giving him a timeless appearance, though just slightly. Thick lashes match his thick head of hair and dark brows, ever furrowed, roof his emeralds.
- Shape of the Face/Head (cheekbones, etc)
A strong jawline and brow-line give Merrik a manly appearance, but his mother's cheekbones and chin offset them to provide him with a subtler look. His face is oval with a slightly pointed chin and a curved hairline.
- Mouth
Thin lips, pale pink and as prone as any man's to being chapped. Merrik certainly isn't known for plump luscious lips and he's not much of a prince charming with those to-die-for kissing lips.
- Nose
Merrik's nose is best described as what, in this world, is called Finnish. In Illos, it's much like any other North Sylvian's, medium-large, thin and a fairly defined point.
- Chin
His chin is fairly pointed, giving his face a longer look, and no. He doesn't suffer from the "butt chin" syndrome.
- Ears (shape? piercings?)
Merrik's ears are of average size, though more on the long side with hardly noticeable points, yet another indicator of his ancient heritage. He has a thick scar running from the top, centre of his right ear that extends all the way to the top outer edge, having been placed there by a run in with a branch while playing tag with Terria in the woods.
- Hands
Slender, for a man's hands, they are well worn and bear the calluses of a swordsman. They're covered in scars, despite his ability to heal them. He wears these as a reminder of his mistakes, to help him strive to grow stronger.
- Feet
Size 10 1/2, his first and second toes are close in length and longer than the others which descend evenly.
- Chest and Hips
Merrik bears a broad chest, but his slightly slender build is apparent. He will never be a bulky, behemoth of a man, for neither his mother nor father were built bulky. His tone is from working out and regular training. His hip bones are well defined when exposed, though in terms of curves, he has little to offer.
- Boobs and Penis
Merrik would be the last to discuss such a matter, but he is endowed as any slightly-above-average man would be. Thick, but nothing dangerous, and length standing at just over 6 inches. Circumcised, by his father's will and traditions, and
- Height
Merrik is 6"3'
- Weight
Merrik weighs around 175 lbs.
- Skin Color & Complexion
Pale, at best. Merrik tans very little, despite the amount of time he spends outside. This is likely an inherited trait from his ancestors. Though faint, Merrik has freckles, a light brown color he's told he inherited from his mother's side.
- Race/Species
Human. But his ancient ancestors were indeed elves and very slight physical indicators are still visible on him and his family to this day.
- Skin Texture (Soft skin, rough skin, scaly, furry, dry, bumpy)
His skin is healthy, to reflect his lifestyle. While he could stand to moisturise a little more often, he doesn't struggle with blemishes.
- Fur/Scales/Other? Colors? Feel? Coarseness?
N/A
- Body Shape/Build (Thin and lanky, round and fluffy, pudgy, muscular)
Merrik is slender by nature, tall, and muscular by inheritance slightly and by exercise largely.
- Posture
He has the posture of a swordsman and a rider (though any horseman would see his posture unsual, for dragon riding take a slightly different set of balance)
- Distinguishing Features (that set them apart from others or might be unusual or special)
N/A
- Tattoos, birthmarks, scars.
Obsidian Nova often wears a pendant made of his namesake, Obsidian. It has been magically moulded into the shape of the symbol of the dragonlords and has been passed down to each dragon bonded to the Tetras since the time of Cosmaur Sarpe. Merrik has what can't really be considered a tattoo, but a rune like mana imprint, of the same symbol. He bears this on the centre of his upper back, so few have ever seen it.

Favorite Color: Blue, like his mother's eyes
Favorite Dessert: Lemon Cake
Favorite Past Time: Writin about and sketching wild animals
Favorite Food: Roasted Stag Flank with a honey glaze, cooked beets, steamed fruits and wild rice.
Favorite City/Town in Illos: Kona Petl
Favorite Animal: Dragons of course, oh, and songbirds
Favorite Trade: Potion making
Idol: Merrikhai Tetra and Aglares

Merrik was terrified of heights as a child.

oh...
/O\ that makes sense

Reactions: Soulserenity20
Hey look, you moved threads, good job following your own rules. :P Favorite dragon picture would have to be this one at the moment.

Gold_Dragon___The_Gate_to_Aval_by_Pacelic.jpg

Lol it's interesting, and different, :) I like it

How open are you to a different picture of the swamp dragon by the way? I like most of the picture, but the feet... That would be such an awkward dragon in any other enviroment than a swamp. I'm not even sure it would be able to walk on land. XD So if we could say the webbing isn't that ridiculous for a swamp dragon, I would appreciate it. Or use another image.

swamp_dragon.jpg

If we used this one, we could just say there was webbing between the feet and get rid of the talisman things on the horns. And the leaves on the end of the wings... I kinda like the original picture better, actually. XD Either way works, just as long as I have a dragon who can walk on land and fight somewhat well. :)

so I have a few pictures that I will post here for general viewing and the decision, though the choice is ultimately left to soul
amazing-fantasy-dragon-pics7.jpg maybe.jpg maybely.jpg sigh.jpg
teh girly.jpg

Lol. Oh. Whelp. Then choose I shall :3

Defs like the last one the most for the profile of the gold dragon.

The first looks too... Dinosaurian lol
And the second two are fucking awesome but I feel like they look to brutish, whereas the last one looks flat out intelligent and cunning

Alright, and lol, lemme take a decade to reply to first post since I'm on mobile xD jk, I'm going to start working on it right now

Lol awe, well you can wait till you're on a comp XD there's no rush.

And il going to do more OOC chores tomorrow, I'm tired XD

Derp xP I should be done with mine in 5-10 mins

Lol wow. That's faster than I typed mine out XD mine wasn't exactly how I wanted it but honestly I'm screen dead lol

"others with a sly intent" >whistles innocently<

I'll have a post up sometime tonight. Still solidifying how I want Wither to test Rita in my brain. Also, Soul, I think you ignored me earlier. D:

I just realized Wither totally has a manlier name than Rita does. Poor Rita.

O.O I ignored you? I'm sorry :( don't take it personally, I'm generally a scatter brain, lol what did I ignore you about?

Now everyone must read my amazing post!! Mwahahaha!!! XP