Return of the Dragon Tamers: The Plague of Ogual [CHARACTER SHEET STORAGE]

S

Soulserenity20

Original poster

WELCOME NEW POTENTIAL PLAYERS.

Please note that this signup thread was last used most actively about a year and a half ago. Please ignore the current collection of messages and the CSs that are plastered throughout. I will be creating a list of all CURRENT Cs's for your reference. Much has changed since the time of this signup, so do not hesitate to ask about things that you don't like or want clarified because they may well have changed by now!

IC is up and open

Let the Journey Begin

OOC Thread

Come Join The Fun

Link to my information site (Also found in my signature)
http://soulroleplays.webs.com/

Note: I'm still trying to establish myself on this site so bear with me!
Lair-curse.jpg

Return of the Dragon Tamers

The Plague of Ogual
The time has come for the dragons and the humans to join forces once again...

There is a dark plague spreading across the lands; tainting the minds of man and beast alike, making them rabid and feral. The plague could only be the work of one: Ogual, a dark, evil man bent on using dragons for destruction rather than protection. For thousands of years he lay in hiding but now, years later, during a major shift in civilization he has finally chosen to strike. The world will fall to him if no one steps up to defend it.

The descendant of the Dragon Lords of old was summoned when he turned 5 years old. His parents took him deep into the basements of their family estate and where he met the oracle. Though he looked like nothing more than an old, travelled man, he had great wisdoms of the higher events converging on the world. It was that night, so long ago that Merrik recieved a black egg, the size of a football. He was told to protect the egg for a year and to talk to it and become friends with it for when it hatched he would greet a life long friend, and through the conversations shared while in its egg, the drake would hatch knowing all there was to know about him.

Together they would train and grow, sharpening their minds and physical abilities for in 20 years the oracle would return to set them with a task that would change the world.
~~~

20 years later.
Merrik stood in the dusty underground chamber he first visited as a child. His dragon stood at his side, neck craned over to fit in the human sized room. He was a majestic, massive beast, standing an impressive 18 feet tall, with a wingspan of 30 Ft. The two waited patiently for the witching hour to arrive. At the moment it did; an orb of green light appeared in the center of the room, from it an old man appeared; the oracle.

Merrik bowed his head in respect for the man, Obsidian Nova doing the same. "Oracle, you have returned, what is my task?"

"Young Merrik, and Obsidian Nova, the time has come for you to fulfill your destiny. The world is falling into shadows and a great plague sweeps the lands. It is time for the dragon tamers to rise again, the dragons must return to these lands. You will find these people; their destinies already in motion, and bring them together with their dragons. The eggs I will give you today are due to hatch in a few hours; raise them to adulthood and prepare them to bond. With this new order of Tamers you will combat the great plague and eventually Ogual himself. Do no fail, for this planet will fall to darkness if you do."

With that he disappeared. A strange chill rushed over Merrik and he suddenly knew felt a rush of purpose flow through him, it was like all his questions had been answered and he knew what needed to be done. He would not fail.

~~~

2 years later.
The time had come. Merrik had gather a group of people to become dragon tamers; he did not know what led him to choose them, but he instincts told him he had chosen correctly. They were now in a large coliseum in the woods on his estate. The recruits stood in the center, staring at the large doors that lined the walls. The eggs that Merrik had received two years ago were now hatched, young dragons. Together with Obsidian Nova, he had taught them ho to fly, how to breath fire, and the basics behind bonding. Today was the day they would choose their tamers. The question was: would the tamers be able to gain the trust of the dragons? It would not be easy as the dragons would test them; establish their worthiness both physically and mentally. He hope deeply he had chosen correctly, if even one dragon did not bond it would be at risk for being affected by the plague... and a rabid dragon was NOT a force to be reckoned with.

"Well, here we go. IS EVERYONE READY?" He shouted down from his place on Obsidian Nova's back, high in the air above the coliseum. "I'm releasing the dragons; be swift, be sure, and be sincere. Now on your guard!"

Welcome to Illos.

The great continent of Illos is known well across the world as the land of origins; it is believed to be the spawning grounds of all life. As the great lands of old began to shift, all other continents broke off and drifted away from Illos, but the great land mass did not move; it was as if it was anchored by some invisible, powerful hold.

Vast geographical diversity allowed for many creatures to thrive and evolve. Filled with usual creatures, the powerful hoofed steeds, the howling canines and stealthy cats, but there is a magic in this land that fuelled the evolution of colonies of unusual creatures not found in the rest of the world. Great winged drakes, charcoal souled humanoids, clashes of species offering wings and paws to their offspring. Yes, Illos is an enchanting land indeed, filled with wonder and spectacles beyond one's imagination, but with great magic comes great evil sulking in the shadows, tailing the progression of the land. These shadows now grow stronger, and a great evil rears in preparation to strike.
FortheWebsite_zps38cf5362.jpg
3ff40e5d-c05b-42a3-8848-e059a0d09829_zpsfa4f6edb.jpg

Sylvis was once the land of the high elves of the old days. Many millennia ago the fleet footed humanoids wove magic into the young forest with their eerie songs, ghostly wisps of this old magic still dances across the thick-wooded landscape. The great Bohdra mountain range worked as a divider from the rest of civilization, leaving the elves to manipulate the land in whatever way they chose. There is a mysterious island off the western coast that, on nights when the colors of the north dance about the skies, has been said to provide illusions to any weary travellers journeying along the coast. There is a small town nestled in to southern edge of the rolling hills named for the eerie melodic projections that can be heard from the deep woods of the island. Song Town has birthed many philosophers and adventurers who seek to truth behind the mysterious island dubbed Origin, none have succeeded and so the great wonder lives on.

Within the ancient mountains that separate this great country lies the Lunate Monastery. It's monks have devoted their lives to studying the ancient teaching and writings of the elves. Their halls contain ancient script held in secret from the eyes and minds of outsiders. But they have always provided refuge and aid to those involved in The Path.

As the lands began to darken under the whispers of a great evil sweeping the land, myth and legend and lore soon became a reality as a great evil lord took hold of the once great city of Kuhl. A shroud of evil and illness hovers about the eastern edge of Sylvis, but with each cycle of the moon, that shroud thickens and stirs, drawing ever nearer its urge to drown the land in its darkness.

To the south, in the shallow shores of the great sea, lay a cluster of islands no longer traversed by man. There are tales of witchery and trick magic filling the grassy plains of the Forgotten Islands and the rumours of an old tribe of dark magic users strike enough fear into potential visitors that their geography has long since been forgotten. Only a few brave travellers from the town of Deltan are said to know the ways about these eerie lands.

In the thick of the great Ancient Woods lies a grand estate, once built by a philosopher and adventurer named Merrikhai Tetra. Few enter the thick woods of eastern Syvlis as many have been known to enter without return or to wander for months before finding themselves in the very place they entered. Elven magic still lingers in the trees that cover these grounds; it is legend that the Tetra family descended from the ancient elven house of Tereltra Kuvana and that they family never left the lands, but instead, many years ago, a son, positioned as heir to the house, fell in love with a human woman. By offering his heart and soul to the maiden, he gave up his magic and immortality. They lived a long and fulfilled life, bearing many children. Nearly 20 generations later, the birth of Merrikhai was announced. The first great dragonlord spent the entirety of his life expanding his mind and skills and developing a safe haven for the great drakes, along with Cosmaur Sarpe, the king of the nightmares whom he met on a journey to ponder a distant illness he felt within the air in the Bohdra Mountains.

da1be6ed-4b17-483f-8e8e-6508a9624348_zps34afa72f.jpg

Since the formation of these lands the northern edge of Galidus has been frozen in an everlasting freeze. It is this everlasting winter that bestowed the country's name. The icy mountain range in the frozen region harbours a deep, unexplored cave, unreachable on foot. Legends say there are great hordes of treasure, stored by the beasts that lie deep within the gemstone caves. Across the vast valley that separates the peaks lies the sister monastery to the Temple of the Moon in the southern Bohdra Mountains of Calidar.
Vast plains clothe the mid and southern regions of Galidus, where winds and large tornado storms sweep the grassy lands all the year round in effect of the warm air sweeping down off the moutains in the west and colliding with the cool air drifting off the lakes. Nomad settlements dapple the landscape, offering rest and refuge to less experienced travellers trekking across the great prairie.
On the southern boarder lies the largest trade post in all of Illos, offering a treaty of exchange between two once feuding countries in the days when war cloaked the lands. To the north, there is a dead zone of land, once thriving and vibrant, surrounding the now fallen city of Otamur. A great king once sat at the throne, ruling over the country until the dark lord swept in with a dark plague. The once majestic lands quickly dissolved under the toxic magicks, the proud herds of stallions who offered their aid to the king and his men fell rabid and could no longer be controlled or of any assistance in the fight against the dark lord. Without a mere steed to aid in the fight, the king's army stood no chance on foot and quickly fell to Ogual's crooked hand. None but the bravest trek into those lands anymore, even the nearby villages and towns have grown desolate and empty as the citizens each packed up their lives and set on their way to escape the vile air that thickened in their lungs and took their children's young lives. Many were overcome by the evil illness and became shells of men, no more than mindless, vicious beasts who stalk the land and prey on anything with blood flowing through its veins, be it beast of the land or air or a loved one, now forgotten.
Far in the south, in the warm water bay that lay nestled between countries, lays an island, once greatly known and respected by all. It was the resting place for the dragons and their tamers of old. Utilized after long journeys across the vast oceans, the piece of land was honoured for it symbolized the return of the protectors the Illos. At one time, a portion of the Kuva Tribe took homage on the island and appointed themselves servants of the Order. They build a great resting place and stalked the island with herds of beasts as prey for the scaled kings. It's meadows once smelled of the scent of a thousand rare flowers and the sap of ancient trees sparkled like precious stones with each new sunrise. But as the days changed and the time of the tamers passed, the island slowly lost its aura of greatness, and the Kuva Tribe recalled their positions as less and less traffic fell upon the resting place. Now, there are but mere ruins of the ancient resting place; though the structural beauty will forever lie in sleep, there to be looked upon any who wish to wade through the waters of the bay and climb the cliffs to experience the ghostly memories of a proud, noble time.

7a2e9d28-fd49-4cd1-854e-ea55df012011_zpse670fc9e.jpg

The warmest of the three countries, Calidar's thick wooded forests are humid and filled with life. Most untouched by the effects of the dark lord, one could pretend there was no danger filling the land, for all seems well and untouched. The third precious monastery of Illos lies within the treacherous peaks of the southern Bohdra Mountain Range. Down the slopes and to the east, lies a peaceful town on the edge of Mystic Lake. Those who get the chance to visit this dear settlement will leave with the most awe-inspiring memories, for the people of Mystic Lake Town have chosen to return to the past, building their halls in the image of the elven lords of the northern forest. They do not consume flesh, for this would be considered an insult to the great creator, but they keep vast herds of magical beasts as companions and guardians of the pristine lake. For the lake itself in a pool of strong magical essence. It is thought that Mystic Lake is the anchor that kept the continent of Illos in its place while the rest of the world split off and journied away. Any who would step foot in these waters would struggle to argue with this old tale for there is magic to be felt all about the tides.

The island to the south is the homeland of the ancient Kuva Tribe which still flourishes to this day. They are keepers of the old ways, holders of secrets long since forgotten by the new world, and guardians of the Silent Mountains. Lore tells that it is to these peaks, that the dragons of old would journey to when their time had come to an end. It is the burial place of the tamers and their draconic counterparts, and is considered by many to be the most sacred land, most highly offended by those who do not have a sliver of respect in their hearts. The Kuva Tribe have zero tolerance for trespassers, and only the most highly worthy may enter onto the sacred island. Within the Silent Mountains, lie the graves of each member of the ancient Order. And they shall not be disturbed by man, or time, or fate. Each year on the Festival of Fire, people from all over the continent travel to the shores of Calidar, to the twin cities of Arinar and Freya, and release burning boats filled with offerings, to drift to the island in respect for the fallen protectors of Illos.

The Dragons

A detailed list of dragon species to choose from may be found here, on my roleplay information website: http://soulroleplays.webs.com/the-dragons

Note: There is only one dragon of each species, therefore, first come first serve.
The following dragons have been claimed:
Black - Nightmare
Pewter - Lunar
Brown - Mountain
Pink - Regeneration
Orange - Solar
Gold - Intellect
Silver - Atmosphere
Blue - Deep Sea
Iron - Noble
Green - Forest
Pearl - Dream
Red - Inferno
Platinum - Arcane

Available Dragons:

Tan - Desert
Yellow - Lightning
Amethyst - Vanity
NEW BREEDS:
Rainbow - Jungle

Rules

• 1.a. General
    1.b. Posting
    1.c. Absence/Inactivity
    1.d. Interactions
    1.e. Gameplay
    1.f. GMs

• I don't have many rules and the ones I do have are basic and meant only to avoid conflict and unease in my roleplays.

+No god-modding: This will get you warned and potentially removed from the roleplay if you choose to ignore my warnings
    +No "Perfect" Characters: None of us are gods, and even the gods have flaws so it wouldn't matter if we were. I expect your characters to be human. Mainly because they are human. They are not perfect tamers, they are not legends (yet), they are not gurus, they are not yoda's at swordplay. They are human. They may be good, but they'll never be perfect.
    +If you're unsure about details, ask me. If I find a post that goes completely against what's happening or is an attempt to create a new section of the RP that I haven't even heard of, I'll likely make you remove it.
    +This is not an open world roleplay. There is a plot. We will be focusing on said plot. We'll make it our own along the way, but this is certainly a Point A to Point B kinda thing, though we might visit a few other letters of the alphabet on the way.
    +No mutiny. I love you all dearly, don't betray me :3

+Most importantly
    [rainbow]HAVE FUN. I love you all. [/rainbow]

• +I expect at minimum of two well written paragraphs consisting of 6-10 sentences each. There is no limit on the other end of the spectrum.
    +I understand that grammar and spelling won't always be used perfectly, I myself, am victim to occasional over use of commas, and verb tense agreement, and a number of other grammatical vices, but I expect you to know whether you should be using "their", "there", or "they're".
    +I don't have a posting order because I understand that sometime people get into conversations with other players that would take weeks to finish if they always had to wait their turn to post. I'm going to assume you're all nice people and have fair judgement. "Leave no one behind!"

• +I typically give a one week window for every one to get their posts in for a certain "scene" before we move on. I find it to be reasonable to assume that you all have enough time in one week to make a post.
    +If you're inactive for 3 weeks without any notification prior to said inactivity, it will be assumed that you've dropped this role play and your character will have a heroic death and will be greatly missed.
    +An informed hiatus, however is perfectly fine and as long as you tell me a general estimate of your time back, your spot will be saved, so long as you return when you said you were going to.

• +I greatly encourage interactions between characters as well as relationship building. But please, and I mean please do not lock another player in an interaction with you and then disappear for 2 weeks. It's rude and it's no fun for the others.
    +That being said, I, as GM, give my players permission to use neutral statements on your character's behalf in the case of a character lock. "Neutral Statements" being things like "The two conversed for a while and then parted ways." or "She noticed his mind was elsewhere and she decided it was time to take her leave." These statements must not imply any alterations in the absent player's character, their appearance, their personality, or any of aspect of them. They must be neutral.
    +Intimacy is fine, encouraged to a degree, and expected. Please keep it simple and no more than high PG. This is a fantasy RP, not a "mature" roleplay.

• A few things on how I expect you to conduct yourselves in this roleplay.

+No progression preventing rebellion. Yes, yes I understand you all want to be unique and "no chains can hold me!" but let's be real. These dragons are wise beings who were raised to be mature and mindful of their duties. They were raised well. You may not have been, but that doesn't mean your dragon is going to fly off with you to burn down your childhood bully's house. I won't step in unless I direly need to. Let's hope I don't need to.
    +You're not the Dewey Cocks of dragon taming. You don't understand magic the first time you try it. You can't do a loop-the-loop after a week of flying. You don't know how the land this thing. Give it time, your character will learn at a humanly pace.
    +Merrik is the boss. If you don't like it, don't RP here. I'm sorry, but I have a wonderful plot planned out for you guys with enough excitement that there should be no reason for you to have to rebel and get into a drunken fist fight with Merrik because he's a Dragonlord and you're not. No, you don't get to do what you want, when you want. Merrik won't let you burn down the stables. He won't let you skip your training for a week. He won't let you tell him to fuck off. .. Okay, everyone is probably going to tell him to fuck off at least once. So that's okay.
    +While your dragons are wholly yours to mold as characters, please respect their prewritten past of being raised and trained by Obsidian Nova and Merrik. No, none of them hate Nova and want him dead. No, none of them think Merrik is a joke. All these dragon's were chosen as eggs thousands of years ago to be the bringers of the new order. They have their shit together ;)

• Respect me, talk to me, don't hesitate to ask me questions or share ideas and opinions.

Also,
    Erranruin is my right hand maiden. Respect the Lady of Dragons.

Character Sheets

• Name:
    Hometown:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History/Bio:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Abilities/Skills:
    Bonded Ability:
    Relationships:
    Dragon Name:
    Dragon Gender:
    Dragon Species:
    Dragon Personality:
    Dragon Strengths:
    Dragon Weaknesses:
  • Pretty straightforward. Try not to make names that are similar to other characters to avoid confusion.]
  • Minimum of 18 for characters please, gender is pretty self explanatory.
  • If you look at the maps above, you may select any of the towns or cities to be your hometown. The only exceptions are the temples, Origin Island, the forgotten isles, etc. Stick to the mainland towns and cities.
  • Appearance is pretty straightforward. Though I will say; for female characters, there will be no armoured bikinis or any other lack of clothing. This is an army and if you think Merrik is going to let you prance around in your skivvies then you clearly don't know Mr. Tetra. Personality is completely open of course.
  • Again, open game, create what character you want to. However, if you add an event into your bio that conflicts with the plot or the lore in any way I may ask you to change it. For example, your parents did not get the disease and then miraculously recover. That doesn't happen. I'm sure you'll all fair pretty well here though, so hopefully there's no problems.
  • Mandatory for you character, optional for your dragon. This is to ensure that we all remember we're playing human characters. Nobody is perfect but we love you anyways :3
  • Feel free to form pre-existing ones, but I expect an acceptable back-story on how it formed. You may also choose to list family members, childhood pets, whatever you'd like :)
  • You are to choose a handful of traits that your character has in his or her arsenal. These can be things like archery, dual wielding, acrobatics, quick wits, strength, stealth, etc. If I think you're going overboard and maxing out your character you'll be receiving a pm of kind suggestion for changes to be made :)
  • The way bonding abilities work is as such:
    When you bond with your dragon, you gain access to the mana within their soul.
    Your bond instils in you a single magical ability that is unique to your dragon species.
    This is not the same as draconic magick which all bonded tamers have. (will be discussed later)
    Your bonded ability must be either A: an adapted version of one of your dragon's three abilities, or B: a made up ability to be approved by me which relates to your dragon's element or species.
    You will have no idea how to use this when you first complete the bond. In due time my lovelies.
  • You may name your dragon, you may choose your dragon's sex.

You may not make up your own dragon breed.

You may select one of the available dragons from the site listed in the first tab. I try to keep the site updated but always double check on availability.

You may create a unique personality for your dragon.

I ask that you include and build around the traits given to the species as that is a part of your choice in species; the dragon's personality.
    ex)A deep sea dragon (blue) looks down on humans in general. You may have a blue dragon which has a highly judgemental personality, yet your dragon does not like that it's so judgement and constantly tries to remind itself to look at things from an other's perspective.
    ex) An inferno dragon naturally has a short fuse and sporadic temper. You, may choose the red dragon and build it to be a calm dragon with a specific trigger that sets off its anger. Something like improper grammar or tardiness.

You can find breed images, descriptions and abilities on the site I've provided a link to. Yes, some of the images don't match the description. The description holds precedence over the image, feel free to PM me to clarify details.

You may add a physical mutation to your dragon if you choose, but you will consult me in this as it must be a minor change and must be fully explained and reasonable. PM me for more info and approval.

Your dragon is 2. Yes, 2. Deal with it.

Link to dragon section of my RP info storage site:
    http://soulroleplays.webs.com/the-dragons

NA_DA_HAWKE.png

☽Merrik Tetra☾

☩Age☩

☩Home Town☩
Tetra Estate

tumblr_n5jkar2fOd1tqwzjzo1_500.png

☩Personality☩
+Dedicated+
Above everything, Merrik can be seen as a dedicated man. He's given up his entire life to serve this cause, to protect Illos from a great danger that slowly creeps closer with each full moon. At 5 years old, Merrik was torn from a life of relative normality and thrown into a life of vigorous training and study. He gave up his chances of friendship and love, knowing only his sister, beloved parents, and the various workers about the estate. He has never complained, even as a child. His parent's raised him to know full well what responsibility was and the importance of it. And so he left behind his life as a carefree, innocent child and took on a life of seclusion. Keeping only the company of his beloved dragon and family, Merrik trained, for one day he would be the leader of a great movement for the liberty of all of Illos.

+Loyal+

Merrik's father was a noble man by nature and by nurture, he expected many things from Merrik as he grew but some things were taken more seriously than others. Methias Tetra lived by a strong moral code which he instilled into his children, one of honor, one of a true heart, and most of all, one of loyalty: loyalty to your family, loyalty to your comrades, and loyalty to your leaders. Betrayal was not an option, letting down was not an action, and abandonment was not a possibility. Merrik was raised to die for those he loved and therefore, to choose carefully to whom he offered his loyalty. Once he has given you his word that he will stand by your side, those words will ring true until his last breath.

+Isolated+

Growing up in the manner which he did, Merrik's chances at bonding with children his age and after a few years he felt no connection with them at all. By the time Merrik reached the age of 10, he could not stand to listen to the childish ramblings of his peers and preferred the company of his draconic companion over that of any human. He grew up close to his family by closer to Obsidian Nova. The weight of his responsibilities quickly severed his close relationship with his younger sister as he found less and less time to play in the meadows of the estate with her. As Merrik grew into a young man, then an adult he never truly reclaimed his place beside those of his own kind, still preferring the thoughts and presence of dragons above other humans. He doesn't relate to others as he should, he doesn't have tales of past relationships or summer trips with friends. He has training, he has knowledge, he has responsibility. The price he paid for his calling.

+Calm & Collected+

Years of training his mind with Obsidian Nova has carried him to an elite level of meditative control over his mind. He does not "freak out", he does not "lose his cool", he does not lose his temper.... easily.

☩History☩

Methias Tetra was born of the bloodline of legends, the heir to the dragonlords of old. He knew all the stories, all the tales, all the facts. He knew that the dragons had died out before his own father's time. A childish, never seen or heard part of him envied his ancestors and cursed his time of birth. The stories told of magnificent scaled beasts bonded to the very souls of their tamers. Man and drake in an ancient treaty of peace, bound by the essence of their being. Methias studied every piece of writing in the great libraries of the Tetra Estate, quickly gaining an indepth understanding of dragons and the Order of old. He never thought he would have a use for this knowledge but to pass it down to his children.

At the age of 19 Methias met his future wife in a tavern while visiting relatives in Espella. She wore the clothes of a commoner but conducted herself with nobility. She bumped in to his amidst the excitement of the packed bar and when she looked up with blue eyes from behind long, brown locks to apologize, Methias fell in love. He asked for her name and bought her a drink, the rest was history. She didn't seem at all phased by his bloodline nor was she any more inclined to stay with him simply because of his family's wealth or title. She loved him deeply and truly, never caring about a thing besides his hand in her and the hope of reaching a ripe age with the man she loved so dearly.
One day, Sephira came to him speaking of changes within her body. It would soon become known that their first child, a boy would make his arrival 9 months later. Life went about as it normally would for a young couple expecting their first child. The nursery was set up, the midwife arranged, the house readjusted to encourage the safety of the child. Methias had almost forgotten who he was in all the hustle and bustle of the pregnancy. But one night, he would be reminded of what blood ran through his veins and find his role in one of the greatest legends the world has known.

The Oracle first appeared to Methias in the woods that bordered the estate only 3 months before the expected arrival of his son. Methias thought an old man, senile with age, had wandered off from one of the southern paths and found himself lost. But when Methias approached the old man, a rush of energy poured over him and suddenly he did not fear for the man's safety, but for his own. He looked into the eyes of the lost elder and saw that his irises shifted color, from blue to green to purple to yellow to red to brown to orange. And with each shift, he thought he saw a different reflection, not of his own appearance but of a great cities, crying children, singing choirs, silent forests.

Methias could not understand what stood before him, but it was not of these lands. He asked then, what the old man wanted, what he was doing here and what dark magic possessed him for Methias had seen many far away places in those ever changing eyes and knew in his heart that old magic coursed through this man's veins.

That was the day Methias Tetra was told of his not-yet-born son's future calling. That was the day Methias was told of his duty to his ancestors and to the Order of old. In 3 full moons, a boy would be born with the blood of the dragonlords in his veins. The boy would grow; he would grow strong and healthy and smart. Methias was to teach him of his heritage, teach him of duty, of honor, of loyalty for one day the little boy would be thrust into a world where disloyalty to one's cause could decimate lands and end eras. 5 years from the day the boy was born, Methias was to bring him to the deepest room in the estate and there, the Oracle would appear and assign him his task, which would be great. The old man said little more, and left Methias confused and concerned, but certain on the truth of the mysterious visitor's words.

When he told Sephira about the old man, he found that she accepted the wild tale quite easily. She said she knew she was carrying a child who's heart beat in line with a great fate. She knew she carried a strong blood within her womb and that the child would do great things. It had come to her in a dream where she soared across the lands, seeing forest, cities, joy, fear, loss, love, and every other manner of humanity and a faceless voice told her she carried within her, a change in the world. She carried the blood of legends. And she would nurture and raise up a boy who would one day lead a saving force across the lands.

That night, neither of them slept for their minds were filled with awe and dire concern for their future. Their lives had changed from normal to abnormal in a few days and they did not know if they were prepared for what may come.

When the child was born, he would be named Merrik, after a great ancestor, Merrikhai Tetra. The child had bright eyes and a smile gifted by the sun. Sephira and Methias could not have been more proud and anxious to continue their lives as new parents. But neither could they forget the day the man with the curious eyes arrived at the edge of their property. And so they raised Merrik with love and with support. They raised him to be strong and to be true. And on his birthday, 5 years later, they took him to the deepest cellar in the estate at an ungodly hour and waited in silence.

The room would light up with a strange green glow. The man with the curious eyes would appear through no physical entrance, and would reveal himself to be an oracle of the ancient energy that coursed through these lands. He carried in his arms a dark stone, covered in smooth scales, as dark as obsidian and too hot to touch. But when a young Merrik stepped forward to receive the stone offered to him, burns did not appear on his hands, and the weight of the stone did not apply. The boy looked at the stone, wondering what it could be and why it was for him. Then, from some unknown place in his mind came a voice. The voice asked his name, which he gave and asked for its name in return. The voice said it was called Obdisian Nova; light within the void, and that he and Merrik were to be great friends and companions for the rest of his life.

Merrik smiled, not knowing that his life had just changed, not knowing that the stone he held was an egg, and within the egg lay a dragonling, a creature of the past. Merrik did not know that this dragon would take the place of his friends, of his connection with humanity. He did not know the weight of the burden that had been placed on his shoulder, he did not know that his life had but one purpose now: to train and to learn. He would be a great leader one day, but he did not know. He would form a new order of legends one day, but he did not know. He would lead an army one day, but he did not know. What he did know, was that he and Obsidian Nova had a connection like nothing he had ever felt before. He knew with every ounce of his being that Nova was the same as him, that they were one. And together, as one, they could do anything.

☩☩☩

As Merrik grew, he excelled in all his training and teachings; with no friends to distract him and Obsidian Nova as wrapped up in their lessons as he was, he had little to focus on apart from his work. His father taught him everything he knew about the dragons and the Order of old. He familiarized the young boy with the vast library that held all the scrolls, journals, notes, letters, books and legends written by or for the ancient order. Within the walls of the library was a priceless collection of knowledge that had served Mathias well and would serve Merrik as he grew. Mathias was well trained in the way of the sword, his own father insisting that any man of nobility should wield a sword as well as any soldier; he believed that one's class should not affect his ability to take care of himself in times of war. No Tetra would be caught being pampered and tended to when their bodies could still serve them.
Swordsmanship, hand to hand combat, draconic anatomy, history, and eventually magic, Mathias filled his son with abilities and knowledge. He felt he had finally found a reason for his name, for his blood. He was raising the first dragonlord of the new order, and nothing could have made him more proud.

While Mathias instilled skills, Sephira worked to instill love and compassion into her son's heart. When she gave birth to her second child, Merrik's younger sister Terria, she found herself working constantly to give the girl a more fulfilling life than the isolated, disciplined one her brother had been given. Merrik spent many days wishing he and Nova could end their studies for the day and go out and play with Terria in the meadow, but his father would not have it.

And so he grew. He grew from a boy into a gangly teenager and then into a man. His body matured, his muscles lining his body, his eyes dark with dedication and determination. At his side, Obsidian Nova grew from a hatchling to a yearling to a young dragon to a fierce mature drake. The two were best friends, that never changed from the day Merrik first received that black egg in the deepest parts of the cellar. Without Nova, Merrik would have given up on his destiny long ago, for in a lonely world of hard training and constant streams of knowledge rushing into his mind, the nightmare drake was his only refuge.

When Merrik turned 20, he said goodbye to his sister. She was leaving to find her own place, to gain her own experiences, her own knowledge. To Merrik's surprise, the day he said goodbye to his sister was the day he said goodbye to his parents. The night of Terria's departure, Merrik heard his parents' footsteps trailing down the stairs. Creeping out of bed, he silently followed them down to the deepest cellar of the manor. From beneath the closed door he saw an eerie green glow and heard his parents conversing with what sounded to be an old man. Was this the Oracle that his father had told him about? The man that had once changed Merrik's life with the offering of a dark stone?

Suddenly, the door opened and an old man with the most unusual eyes looked at him. "Your parents are leaving now Merrik. They have fulfilled their duties and now they must come away with me to a place where they'll be safe. You will miss them, but know that they are in danger if they stay. Continue your training, continue growing stronger. I will return for you in 4 years."

There was no explanation for what Merrik felt; while the situation was upsetting, something about the man's gaze told him all was as it should be, and his heart did not hurt as badly as he anticipated.

For the next four years Obsidian Nova was Merrik's lifeline. His isolation was climaxed as he trained and honed his mind, interacting with other humans only when he made trips to purchase supplies from tradesmen or from shops in the distant towns and cities. He changed more than he had in his entire life, though clung to the light that Nova brought out in him.

Four years later, a few months before his birthday he had a dream. In this dream he was told to be in the deepest cellar at 3 hours past midnight to meet the Oracle. And so he went.

That was the day Merrik learned the truth behind his life, behind his upbringing, behind his destiny. That was the night he truly became a Dragonlord. The Oracle told him of a dire evil that swept the lands, though Merrik had already heard rumors of a darkness engulfing the eastern lands of the Bohdra Mountains. He was given a mission and he was given a clutch of dragons eggs, each a different color, each with a different texture. The emotions that rushed over him from the mind and heart of Obsidian Nova were impossible to replicate for the drake had lived his life believing he was the last of his kind, the last of the dragons. Merrik felt, for the first time in his life, like he had a purpose, a definite mission, a destination to his lifelong journey of training and growing.

That night, he knew what he had to do. He would raise the hatchlings contained within the eggs. Together with Nova, he would raise up the young dragons into majestic young drakes and when the time was right, he would seek out those who were destined to bond with the souls of the drakes. He would form an army. He would form the New Order. He would severe the dark tendrils of the plague that grew in the East, and he would kill Ogual. Everything was as it should be. Everything would be as it was meant to be.

☩Strengths☩

+Courage And Honor+
Merrik was raised with great courage and honor instilled into him. His mother taught him that being brave was one of the hardest things to do and yet, the most rewarding. Merrik grew up immersed in the legends and tales of his ancestors and their fellow tamers, he made it his personal prerogative to live up to the standards set by the heroes of old. His father taught him honor, for a man's honor is worth more than the finest gold currency.

+Swordsmanship & Hand to Hand Combat+

Trained rather than raised, Merrik was brought up to be a warrior, though he did not know why for most of his life. He was an accomplished swordsman and fighter by the time he hit his teenaged years, and continued to excel, though at a much slower rate, through into young adulthood. Few can meet his standards in spar. He suffered many injuries through out his years of training, but the injuries gave him initiative to never endure those pains again.

+Patience+

Merrik learned quickly that acting rashly was a severe mistake, both in battle and in study, he learned that often times the best offence is a formidable defence. He has no difficulty biding his time and takes great care in formulating the best plan of action for any situation he is faced with. "A leader must know when to speak, when to act, and when to wait. Haste has lost many wars."-Mathias Tetra.
+Knowledge+

Years spent confined to the family libraries, Merrik has gained a vast amount of knowledge about the land, of war, of dragons and tamers, of magics, and evil. The Oracle stressed to his parents that knowledge was more important for his future than any amount of physical training. Merrik may be good at fighting, but his true talent lies within his mind..
+Experience as a Tamer+

Born and raised into a family who's name was established by the presence of dragons, Merrik is more at home with his place as a tamer than he is anything else. Being on Nova's back, hundreds of feet in the air is no more complicated than being on his own two feet. The mana coursing through his veins is as natural now as his own blood. His bond with Obsidian Nova has become his lifeline, his normality, his sanity.

☩Weaknesses☩

+Alienation+
Though not often visible, the decades of isolation Merrik experienced has left him with an internal struggle over his humanity. He puts up a good front, but he rarely feels like he belongs around those of his own kind. Each time he finds himself in the tavern, drinking to dim the blaze of thoughts that constantly tear about in his mind, he finds himself looking around at all the people. He hears them talking about work, normal jobs that everyone has, he hears them speak of their spouses, their children, bills, gossip, plans for trips, and he cannot relate.

He has nothing in common with the people around him, he has never been in a relationship with a girl beyond bedding the occasional maiden after a drunken night. He pays little attention to socializing with the women he does bed, and leaves at the first light of day, having no interest in their meaningless ramblings about their neighbors who have nicer garden than they do or their ex husbands that are now with ugly wenches. Merrik even gets to the point, at times, where he loses his urge to fulfil his needs as a man because it's so difficult for him to be in such settings to meet women.

On the outside, Merrik seems normal, he is charismatic, intelligent, and can put up a front to appear sociable. But inside, he is lost without his family, the few people he did trust and know, and he is empty being so far from Nova who waits deep within the woods for Merrik, away from prying eyes. This experience with the new tamers will be a difficult, but amazing opportunity for Merrik to find his place among man again.

+Obsession/Perfectionist+

His father's OCD habits in his training worked their way into Merrik's personality and his naturally keen eye for details elevated into an obsession. If he mixes a burn heal and it turns out to be a slight shade darker than it should, it is not acceptable and must be remade. If the angle of an aerial dive is off by a few degrees, it needs to be practised again and again until perfection is achieved. Merrik has unusually high standards and is too stubborn to allow himself to fall below the bar he set for himself. Lucky for those around him, this obsessive attitude in almost entirely self directed, though if given the opportunity, he would help anyone achieve perfection.
+Overexertion+

Because of Merrik's obsession with perfection, he has a tendancy to over do his training. There have been many days where Nova has had to use his flame to heat the steel of Merrik's sword to a point of non-handling just to get Merrik to stop trying to perfect a backspin slash. Lucky for Merrik, Nova knows his limits just as well as the drake knows his own and has served as a mediator and line-drawer for the length of their companionship.

+Muscle Pains+

After 2 decades of extensive training, it only makes sense that a man may have sustained injuries. Merrik is no exception. He has over done it a time or two before his body was fully healed from an injury and the result is chronic pains in his left shoulder muscle and right leg when he pushes himself beyond his limit. The pain does not affect him at all times, rather makes itself apparent when Merrik has surpassed his body's threshold for the day. Once the pains set in, they are not so quick to leave. Because of this, Merrik has to pay special mind to the extent and length of his training session.

☩Skills & Abilities☩

+Swordsmanship and Hand to Hand Combat+
Merrik has spent almost his entire life training to be a soldier, though he may not have known it at first. He is highly skilled in two-handed swordsmanship and won't likely lose a bare fight.

+Knowledge+

Merrik was well educated on the history of Illos, the Order of old, draconic anatomy, magics, potionmaking, and a wide variety of other subjects. His mind is his best weapon and he will gladly share his knowledge with any willing to learn.

+Aerial Abilities+

Years of training with Obsidian Nova and more hours in the sky than he can count have left him with a second nature in flight.

+High Intermediate Magic Use+

While Merrik has been using draconic magicks for many years, the complex art is still difficult for him to control. He has many more hundreds of years of work to master his abilities, but as far as relative ability goes, he is advanced. He does not use the mana he possesses lightly, for he knows full well that each drop of mana he draws from the bond is a drop of Obsidian Nova's life source, and in return, his own, being drained. He always allows at least a week of recuperation for himself and his dragon before attempting another session.

☩Bonded Ability☩

+Umbrakinesis+
His bond with Obsidian Nova, a nightmare dragon, instilled upon him a curious ability to control the darkness that fills the spaces between matter. Much like Nova, he summons the dark plasma and can contort and control it to be used as a weapon or means of distraction or containment. Even for a nightmare drake this is a dangerous plane of existence to meddle with and so very rarely can either be seen harnessing this hellish power outside of private training and war.

☩Relationships☩

Obsidian Nova, his soulmate of 21 years.
Mathias and Sephira Tetra, loving father and mother.
Terria Tetra, beloved younger sister.

dragonBlackRedDragon.jpg

Obsidian Nova

Descendant of Cosmaur Sarpe

☩Age☩

☩Gender☩
Male

☩Species☩

Nightmare Dragon

☩Species Description☩
A Black dragon is a beast of the night, of the darkness itself. They are large, sleek dragons with noble features and extreme muscle definition. Their wings are powerful and thin, allowing for quick maneuvers and bursts of speed. Eyes as red as blood and black fangs that slice like razors, any who find themselves prey of these ancient drakes hold no hope of escape. These shadowy beasts were rare during the time of man, as they were nearly driven to extinction in the old times when they were hunted and slain by the people who believed them to be demons sent up by the devil. Long, long ago, before the old order had formed, the first drake offered up its soul to a human to form an alliance between the two races. Cosmaur Sarpe and Merrikhai Tetra, the first bonded pair. A drake cloaked in honour, nobility, and a terrifyingly powerful aura of power chose the bloodline of Merrikhai Tetra to bond with, and to bond with his offspring for generations to come.

Naturally Nightmare Dragons are loyal, intelligent beings with strong morales and even stronger bonds. They will defend their human fiercely; never has it been recorded that a black dragon let a Tetra pass while in its presence. They were once rulers of the darkest nights, evolved from the first dragons of old that took to the skies and melted into the night sky. Their blood red markings resemble blood stains, leading primitive humans to view them as omens. Leaders by nature, these great beasts were chosen, and chose themselves, to connect with the hearts of the pure blood of the Dragon Lords. Only they or their offspring may bond with these great creatures and together, the dragonlords and the black drakes will draw out the very darkness of the land. Their fire is black.

☩Dragon Abilities☩

+Shadow Melt+
They can melt into shadows, becoming invisible to all but other dragons. Such time spent in utter darkness has pushed them to evolve finely tuned night vision.
+Nightmare+

Can cause the enemy to hallucinate, these visions are different to each person to accommodate their worst fears.
+Umbrakenisis+

They control darkness, the black dragon senses the lack of light and substance around it and can summon the void to create a powerful orb of manipulatable blackness. It can be hurled in attack or used to restrain those who do no understand the antimatter.

☩Personality☩

+Mentor+
Since he was thrust into his life long duty as a Nightmare Dragon bonded to one of the Tetra bloodline, Nova has worked as a mentor for Merrik, possessing a wisdom that comes with the different workings of a dragon's mind. When the yearlings were first hatched, he felt an obligatory duty well up in him again and he took on his role as mentor and guide for the hatchlings proudly and with great care. He has never turned down a yearling's request for assistance or knowledge and he has never stopped working his hardest to raise them up into fierce warriors that the newly revived dragon race might be one of strength, wisdom, and pride.

+Strict+

To no surprise, a dragon in Nova's position has little tolerance for foolishness or rebellion. He was never easy on the young dragons and never will be. He is firm in his word and moreso in his law. He believes that the only path to greatness is one of self discipline, hard work, dedication, initiative, and a good level of respect for those above you.
Nova has raised these young drakes with a very stern "hand" and their skills and behaviours are what he has to show for it. While he is very much isolated from the flock of younger drake's by his place as "strict teacher", he happily pays the price for the sake of the safety of the lands and for the well being of his hatchlings.

+Loving/Paternal+

Despite his "grumpy old dragon" demeanour during training and lessons, Obsidian Nova's love for the young drakes is no secret. Whenever he gets a chance to let loose and fly about in the night skies with the young dragons, teaching them new methods of flares, he feels such fondness for the yearlings within his heart. He often feels like a father to the younger drakes and he takes great pride in watching the younger dragons accomplish difficult flight maneouvers or complex flare bursts. He cherishes those of his kind and would fight to the death for any one of them and while it goes without saying, Merrik is guarded and loved twice as fiercely.

+Wise+

Obsidian Nova has long been a wise, calm dragon. Even in situations where the more rebellious of the younger drakes is trying to set him off, he knows full well that anger, shouting, and tail scorching will accomplish nothing. He is much like Merrik in the sense that he handles any situation quite well. He does not feed into the taunting of his temper, nor does he allow conflict to affect who is he or what his goal is. He understands that a strong mind can overcome a strong body in almost any war.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: B l u E s
[fieldbox=The Man Of A Thousand Faces, darkred]
Name: Requiem Dominus Mortalis

Hometown: Freya

Personality: Calculating, considerate, manipulative, and kind. He's not a bad guy, but he's certainly willing to do bad things if he has to, and he won't feel the slightest bit of remorse for doing so. He has no issues with the concept of kill one to save a thousand, and rarely considers the dead as anything more than dead.

History/Bio: The progeny of Pirates, he spent his earliest years on a ship, occupied with learning how to fight, work a ship, and gamble with the crew, and learning from his father how to read, learning the fundamentals of battle strategy.

When he turned twelve, his mother decided it was time for her to retire, and she took Requiem with her. He, however, having few skills but those of the sea and piracy, was left with his gambling. So that's what he did. He applied his fathers battle strategy rules to the games and found that frequently they applied. This, however, wasn't enough for him. He saw a street magician at one point, and paid attention to the way they moved, how they handled their tricks and came to the conclusion that he could incorporate them into his gambling.

It was an effective system he'd built, but he was more than greatful for his combat training. There were many gamblers who didn't like losing, and more who simply didn't like paying. By the time he was 17, gambling wasn't making him enough money, so he turned himself to a new practice and started conning people. This, he'd decided, was the best way to make a living, and he was right. By the time he was 20 he'd acquired a ship, a crew, and started up in his parent's footsteps.

Piracy was a risky business, but he'd learned a few tricks to the trade to stay out of trouble. Switching the ship's nameplate helped significantly. Different coloured sails were used for pirate activities as well. All in all, it was a fairly lucrative process. In the course of things, he and his crew made their way north. It was while they were docked in Syntra resupplying that Requiem caught word of a treasure hidden deep within the ancient woods. He left the ship in search of a rarer treasure.

The treasure he found however, was only an old man who offered him a game of chance. If he could win, he would be given the opportunity to gain access to one of the greatest treasures the world had ever seen. Not one to pass up such an opportunity, Requiem sat down and began to play. After an hour of playing, the oracle's face cracked open into a smile. "You've won. Follow me and we'll see if you're worthy."

Strengths

Tactical Acuity: Taught the ways of strategy, he maintained his learning in the field, applying them more and more as he grew older. He not only applies them to combat however, but to his schemes and plans.

Gambler's Fortune: This one can't really be explained, but he's just lucky. He'd be dead if he weren't.

Jaded: He's lived his life on both the underbelly of the world, and in higher society. He's seen people ripped apart, or fed to the sharks. It takes quite a bit to bother him anymore, and he can handle most situations calmly without issue.

Life-Changer: Requiem's been a pirate, street urchin, street magician, gambler, noble, and an assortment of other roles, and as a result has a varied amount of skills from each of them, though he has the most knowledge in ship life, and can run a small ship singlehandedly if he's forced to. Attached to each of these skills, he also has multiple lives that fall under them, with all the details on memory, only requiring a change of clothing to slip into character.

Weaknesses

Light-Sensitive: He has to wear tinted glasses at almost all times, as bright light, such as being out in the sun, gives him a headache. As such, he prefers to be more active at night.

The Wanderer: Requiem finds it difficult to stay in one place for too long at a time. He finds stability to be unnerving, and gets suspicious when things seem to be going well for too long.

Cold Hearted: While he will go out of his way to help people, he has no qualms with ending lives. Death is just another part of living, and if someone dies, he's not the sort to show much concern about it. If he needs information that manipulation won't get him, he has no concerns about breaking bones and causing pain to get it. The end justifies the means to him, always.

Cold Blooded: He tends to shut down and hide in cold weather. He just cannot stand it, and if forced to deal with it will complain incessantly. Seriously, just no to the cold.

Brutal: He's more than willing to employ fear tactics when facing enemies, and has in the past, used impaler style displays to coerce his targets into surrendering rather than facing his crew's wrath, stringing up old victims in plain sight. When he fights, he cleaves limbs from his foes to strike fear into the hearts of the remaining. Sometimes he gets a little too into the display though, and has to be stopped or he's liable to butcher even those surrendered.

Abilities/Skills

Dual-Wielding
Sailing
Gambling
Acrobatics
Societal Blending

Bonded Ability: Puppeteer - The ability to use one or both of his hands as a puppeteer would move a puppet, moving a person about as if they were on invisible strings.

Relationships

Mother - Ariana Mortalis, 48, Retired Pirate, she's been living off what money Requiem sends home, and typically takes it easy.
Father - Nocta Mortalis, 53, Pirate, it's unknown if he's still alive or not.

Dragon

Dragon Name: Aleria

Dragon Gender: Female

Appearance: As the picture, but without the ear fins. Has traces of red along the feathers along the back.

Dragon Species: Rainbow Dragon

Dragon Personality: She's a troublemaker, but she has the utmost respect for the commanders. That doesn't stop her from playing minor pranks on them though. She tends to see things from a different perspective, and makes plans that others might not have considered.

Dragon Strengths

Deceptive
Perceptive
Considerate
Thoughtful

Dragon Weaknesses

No Camouflage
Feathers Make Good Writing Quills
Undying Loyalty
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
It's looking super good @Requiem . I'll look it over a few more times today to make sure I haven't missed anything but I applaud you on a very well rounded, simple, interesting character. Thank you! I'll let you know for sure by the end of the day that he's accepted :)

b86x7a.jpg

Narien Ki'ila (NAH-ree-ehn kee-ee-lah)|| 22 || Male || Freya/Solona, Calidar

4gnal0.jpg
Personality
23rlo38.jpg

"Trust no one. Believe in nothing. And do not hope, for Fate shows no mercy. It does not know the meaning of the word."
Narien is not quite as he seems. On the outside, he appears to be a trusting, caring, quiet fellow. He doesn't have a lot to say, and is obedient and hard-working, seeming at times almost either mute or just plain stupid. When he does speak, his words are almost always truthful, and certainly never seem ill-intentioned. He smiles easily and childishly, takes what he's given without complaint, and rarely seems to lose his temper. Who he really is, however, is quite different. This is not to say he's actually violent, lazy, and mean-spirited, because he's not. He is, however, extremely suspicious of everyone he meets, believing that all humans are naturally selfish and cruel, young or old. He is very observant, and is intelligent enough to learn things quickly. Just like others, he doesn't enjoy hard work and is offended by things other people say to or about him. When he sees fit, he can be excruciatingly loquacious and is actually fairly eloquent, not to mention an excellent liar and secretly a poet. He is physically capable of protecting himself and is especially good at taking punches. The kindness he shows to other people is mostly done to limit the number of enemies he has, and he never forgets an insult, never forgives a grudge. Most of all, despite his seemingly cheerful nature, at times he is unable to hide the truth that comes shining through his expression and body language: he is never happy. Loneliness, anger, and grief are the three emotions that have governed his life, and though he remembers a time when he used to be happy, he can't even imagine what that would actually feel like anymore. He has no hope that things ever can or will get better, and the only thing he truly prioritizes is his survival. The terrible irony of this is that, while he will probably never stop somewhat despising the human race, he desperately craves their love and affection, and despite his anger, he cannot help but pity and try to protect the wounded or scared.

2607j4j.jpg
History/Bio
f39f14.jpg

"For every good thing given, something good must be taken away. Only evil is meant to endure and be endured."
Unborn

Saefi Leevr was a beautiful girl. Dark brown hair and waxy pale skin, she was petite and naturally elegant, seeming to float as she moved. Innocence and wonder and joy that permeated her every move made her all the more attractive to the people around her, but she neither noticed nor cared. She grew up her whole life in the Temple of the Moon in Calidar. She had never stepped outside of the temple, surrounded by the monks. Her family was part of the People of Dragons, descendants of the first of the Arcane dragon tamers. The lore, the temple, they were her life. She didn't know anything else. When she was 19, she was sent out of the Temple to retrieve a message from one of the confidante's of the People in Arinar. Everything she saw left her awestruck, but she had a job to do and she would do it properly. She met the man and took his message and that might have been the end of it, if she hadn't met him.

"STOPP." Saefi had been walking down the street, when a boy slammed into her, knocking her down. Next thing she knew, another, older boy had yanked the first one off of her and had him pressed against the wall. He pulled a bag from the boy's hands harshly and sent him on his way with a kick. An older woman came huffing after them, gratefully taking the bag from him and thanking him profusely. He shook his head, refused any gestures of gratitude, and immediately turned his attention to her, helping her up. "I'm sorry about that, miss. Are you alright?" He had strong features, curly black hair, and beautiful blue eyes. He looked to be in his mid-twenties.

She brushed herself off and offered a gentle smile, trying not to blush as she looked down shyly. She hadn't been exposed to men her age much "Yes, I'm fine, thank you. It was very brave of you to help that lady."

Mason Ki'ila was pretty certain he'd just met the most beautiful girl in the world. When she smiled at him, he was pretty sure he swallowed just a little too loudly. He was the son of a well-to-do diplomat, and well on his way to becoming one as well. He'd come from Freya to visit the libraries and saw the boy rip the bag away from the woman. An active sort of person, and with a strong sense of justice, he chased after the boy without thinking about it. She was shy, but when he offered to buy her some food she complied, and the next thing either of them knew, the two of them were having lunch and he was showing her around the whole city. They shared stories, and although they came from very different places, both of them felt something special about each other by the time the day was done. The both of them returned home late and elated that night. From then on, Saefi sneaked out to meet with Mason often, and remained clearly distracted to her father and the other monks. As Arinar was not close, her long disappearances were not easy to miss. Their relationship was eventually discovered by her father and she decided to leave her home, going off to live with him. The two of them married within the week.

Freya
Narien's birth was a moment of celebration for his father and mother. A healthy, beautiful boy. Both his father and mother loved him very much, though his father's job kept him away at times. He was treasured, spoiled, and took after his mother both in his appearance and in his joyful innocence. Unbeknownst to his father, his mother taught him in the traditions of the People, teaching him about the dragons and the lineage he came from. He believed her, but idolized his proud, strong father too much to focus on her stories. As he grew older, he began interacting with other boys his age more, but the other boys in Freya weren't like him. Their mothers were harsher, more like their fathers, and they were tough, mean, strong. Not like him. And they made sure he knew it. With his small frame, he became an easy target for neighborhood bullying. Not wanting to disappoint his father and worry his mother, he never told them about it. They were what made it survivable, after all, being able to come home to that happy, loving home, knowing that no matter what the other boys thought of him, his family loved him. At age eight, that was taken away from him as well. His mother got sick. For two years, she was bedridden, deteriorating slowly. Narien spent a lot of time with her, watching her grow weaker and weaker even as she continued to teach him about the dragons. His father desperately tried to find cures, going half-mad with frustration. He continued looking right up until the day she died.

Saefi's death broke Mason. He became harsher, crueler, putting up a wall around himself and crushing anyone who opposed him. He also refused to look at Narien again. He reminded Mason too much of his mother, the sight of him simply made it hurt more. The bullying didn't get worse, but it felt worse after his mother's death. It felt like he'd lost both his parents at once. The place that had once been his refuge became cold and empty and he had nowhere left to turn. So he hardened like his father, learning that to survive he had only himself to rely on. In this time, one thing his mother had told him became his mantra: "Understanding is the key to everything. Mana is understanding. Magic is understanding. Understanding is everything." He repeated those words to himself over and over again, not truly realizing she'd meant it literally. He took the time to observe and absorb information in order to escape bad situations. Another two years passed like this, but when he was twelve, he was kidnapped by men hired by one of his father's competitors. Rather than insisting he step down, as they'd been hired to do, they demanded a ransom. They waited, and waited, but Mason never came. Narien was alone, as he somehow knew he would be.

Solona
Killing Narien certainly might have been satisfying, but it wouldn't have gotten them any kind of profit, so, instead of killing him, they brought him back home to Solona with them and sold him as a slave. He had obviously had a good upbringing, but was strong, and oddly enough obedient - the perfect candidate for a high-end household, which is exactly where he ended up. His first day as a slave, he met the daughter of the household, not much older than him. She had light brown, almost golden hair, and glimmering green eyes, and she smiled as though the earth would move at her command. She leaned down in front of him, put her finger under his chin and announced, "I'm Mauri, and you're mine now." He instantly hated her. Over the next few years, Narien remained Mauri's plaything. He protected her, took care of her, and did everything she told him to without complaint. He never stopped hating her. Her character was recklessly selfish and although not due to any ill-will on her part, everything she did showed a distinct disregard for the feelings of others around her. That wasn't why he hated her, though. He hated that she was happy, that she couldn't see how much he hated her, and that she represented everything he'd once had. He hated her parents more, though. They were kind to him when she was around, because Mauri liked him and protested injustice done towards him, but when she wasn't looking, they were cruel, looking for any reason to punish him.

It came to end when he was fifteen. Mauri's mother tried to assault him, and this time, Mauri was there to see it. She didn't confront her parents, but that night, she drugged the guards and told him to escape, letting him go. He didn't hesitate, though he never really forgave her for showing him that kindness. He ran away, but still had nowhere to go. The streets of Solona were nothing like either Freya or the house he'd been a slave to, but his experiences in both gave everything he needed to stay alive. He took to the environment like a fish to water, even becoming an expert at wielding a knife and tying knots. He got very good at setting traps, protecting himself against those who attacked to him, stealing money from other muggers when he needed it, even managing to avoid the bigger crime organizations skillfully. The dark streets became his home and his kingdom.

The Moon
He didn't think of his mother's stories at all since the day she died. Stories were useless to him, and he simply didn't have room in his brain, or his heart, for useless things anymore. But when he began feeling... odd, restless almost, they came to mind. Things he'd thought he'd completely forgotten about inexorably popped into his brain, chasing away other thoughts. He kept feeling the urge to leave, sometimes feeling his legs take him to the edge of town before he could stop himself. Finally, unable to stand it any longer, he decided to take a trip to the Temple of the Moon, a place his mother had told him about in great detail. At the Temple of the Moon, he met his grandfather, though he never found out the man was his grandfather, and all the old stories about his lineage and the dragons were refreshed and embellished upon. He was told to follow these urges, to go to the Lunate Monastery in Sylvis, where he would find his fate. Not knowing what else to do, he went on the long journey, finally making it to the Lunate Monastery.

261z0gp.jpg
Strengths
mvixwy.jpg

"Devils are not the only hunters of men."
Endurance - Narien is used to taking beatings. Having had so many throughout his childhood has meant that, while he's still able to feel pain, he's learned how to deal with it, resist it, and carry on if he has to.
External Control - Regardless of what he's feeling inside, he has pretty good control over what other people see of him, particularly in terms of masking his anger or sadness.
Creativity - Narien likes to think outside the box, and is pretty good at solving his problems with unusual solutions.
Deception - He has something of an ability with pretenses, an ability he's had for as long as he can remember. People tend to believe him when he speaks, oftentimes even when they know they shouldn't.
Observation - His aptitude for noticing and remembering small details compliments his creativity rather well, and has helped him get out of tight spots before.
Beauty - So he's a pretty-looking guy. It's to his advantage, as far as he's concerned. He's not above using his looks to buy favors.
Determination - Although he seems like he'd give in easily to others' wills, the truth is he can be a bit of a stubborn son of a- well, you get the picture. Once he's decided something, he doesn't give up no matter what, and it's gotten him through a lot of tough times.
Instincts - He's always had pretty acute instincts, and he's learned to follow his gut and to do it fast - main reason why he hasn't died yet.

21449xf.jpg
Weaknesses
95sl5i.jpg

"Beasts that do not fight are not beasts. They're pets."
Paranoia - While not quite PTSD level, Narien is pretty darn paranoid and suspicious, which makes it difficult for him to work well with other people. Constantly second-guessing other people's abilities and trustworthiness is a good way to really fail at team efforts.
Drama - He does have the tendency to overreact about things and can sometimes get a little dramatic about what's happening. It's not a deathly flaw, but it can be kind of irritating to other people and can make him lose focus at times.
Pity - Something he hates to admit to himself is that he gets too emotionally involved. More than he knows he should. As difficult as it might be to see outwardly, he is strongly affected by people in distress, and can get caught up in others' pains when they don't concern him. It can sometimes affect his psyche.
Grudge - Narien is... not really big on forgiveness. Let's just put it that way. As the Jane Austen quote goes, "My good opinion once lost is lost forever," and if he holds a grudge against you, it becomes apparent eventually, one way or another.
Risks - Despite being analytical and relatively cool-headed when facing difficult decisions, when he doesn't see a good way to go about things, he can be downright reckless, risking his life without much hesitation to achieve his goals.

f0vkpk.jpg
Abilities/Skills
eil0t2.jpg

"Do what you're good at, learn what you're not."
Acting
Navigating
Dodging
Reading People
Hiding Things
Knifework
Tying Knots
Pick-pocketing
He used to be able to play the Viol

Bonded Ability
Mana Drain - Can cause the mana of people around him to be depleted, making them tired and weakening their magic. Like it does with his dragon, however, holding it for too long poisons him, and he has to release it gradually or it'll make him seriously sick.

2uepd0j.jpg
Relationships
2yyy1he.jpg

"If we are nothing but the sum of our relationships, I am nothing at all."
Mason Ki'ila - His father is someone who used to be very important to Narien. Back when he was a child, Narien intended to follow his father's footsteps and become a diplomat. He loved and idolized his father as a strong man, a man of power. His father could be rather strict at times, and tried to instill in him that he should fight for something if he wants it, but his discipline was just another sign of his love towards Narien. After the death of Narien's mother, however, Narien grew apart from Mason. The two of them never talked, and after a while, Narien stopped trying. He came to see his father as just the man who abandoned him, who perhaps had never loved him at all, and certainly didn't now. He was not even surprised that his father didn't respond to the ransom note. He does not hate his father, merely feels disdainful of the coward who couldn't even comfort his son when he needed him the most. His father means nothing to him now.
Saefi Ki'ila (nee Leevr) - He will always think of his mother as that purest of people, the paragon of everything he would ever have reason to love. Her frailty was unfortunate, but no matter how hard he tried, he could never blame his mother for the hurt that her death caused him. His only real regret is that he didn't have the chance to spend more time with her. He has something of a shrine for her in his brain, preserving her at her best, and forgetting many of her faults.
Mauri Wellon - This girl confuses him, and he often thinks back on her with a mixture of emotions. On a straightforward level, he simply hates her, but on top of feeling somewhat indebted to her, he also secretly saw her as something of a little sister. She was selfish and annoying and stupid, to some extent, but not blatantly unkind. She didn't torture the servants the way her mother and father did, and she had showed him kindness he hadn't experienced since his mother had died. While he certainly thinks of her with disgust and anger, much of that anger is also directed at himself for the feelings he knows can be somewhat unjustified, and deep down inside he knows that if he ever saw her again, he'd sacrifice his life to help her.
More to come...

2qmp993.jpg
Appearance
ir14yw.jpg

"People cannot see, no matter how hard they look."
He basically fits the picture to the tee. Pale skin, pale blue eyes, with long, very dark hair he keeps in a ponytail, that scar under his right eye, and somewhat pointy ears. He's got a strong frame, is about 5'8", and weighs around 140lb. He does not have a tattoo, the inside of his right wrist has a brand in the shape of three, elegant, squiggly lines forming a triangle: a symbol of the house he was slave to. He usually just wears simple, dark clothing with good coverage that are easy to move in. An odd sign of luxury is an earring in his left ear - a crude depiction of a white oak set in dark metal. It was a small sign of mercy that the people who took him allowed him to keep it. It was originally his mother's, but was left it to him after her death. It's the only thing he has left of her, or his father.

260xug1.jpg

2cp468n.jpg

Agni Lu'ule (AHnyee LOOwih-leh)|| Female || Arcane/Platinum

2j4ova0.jpg
Dragon Personality
34fi9o7.jpg

Poised || Calm || Impartial || Honest || Distant || Gentle || Kind || Motherly || Focused

It takes quite a lot to rattle Agni. She rarely feels flustered by a situation, even if she doesn't know what to do, and is very good at keeping her head. The more people panic, the more calm she is. She also has a rather graceful air, comporting herself with poise and control. This can sometimes come off as haughty, however, and is coupled with a desire for peace and quiet that does not necessarily endear her to the other dragons. On top of this, she doesn't play favorites. She tries not to judge anyone by first impressions, and takes things at a case by case basis, preferring to get all the facts before making decisions. The truth is more important to her than whom she does or does not like. Perhaps because of this, she often seems distant and cold. Despite this, she has a very caring soul and is thoughtful of others Like Navien, she does have the tendency to get caught up in things, however, though this manifests itself as more of a tunnel vision when completing a task. She's the kind of dragon who'd become practically unable to hear once she's started doing something, and certainly can't multitask.

2wh11z8.jpg
Dragon Strengths
2dhs9hx.jpg

Calm under pressure
Forgiving
Brave

2llyekl.jpg
Dragon Weaknesses
nfmjop.jpg

Has some troubles with social interactions
A little gullible
Shies away from conflict​

Last edited:
Revision 1.0

Name:
Rèverie Gray

Hometown:
Otamur

Appearance:
eQlthUM.jpg

!!!Blue/Brown Eye!!!

Personality:
-Paranoid-
Has been betrayed by her family as a child, while she killed her family in self defence she is unable to trust others easily ever since, she is unable to sleep in the same room with others and will not share much about herself or how she feels.

-Crazy aka. PTSD-
Is viewed as crazy in the eyes of others. She is seen ghosting through the city during the night and seems to stare into a different world when spoken to

-Distant-
It feels as if she is somewhere else when spoken to, her eyes barely recognize more than the basic features of somebody's face.

-Protective-
She is very protective of the weak. The weak remind her of herself and she wishes from within her heart to protect the ones that need it, even at the cost of her own life.

-Thick Fur-
It is impossible to tease or offend her, she simply does not feel affected by what others say of her, weither that is an insult, rumors, harassment.

-Rather Sincere-
She can't help it, once she bonded with somebody in one way or another, she is going to be honest to the point of too honest. At this point she will care for whomever she bonded with too much.​

History/Bio:
Children often grow up in three different types of time.
The time of peace where they grow arrogant, spoiled and unthankful.
The time of unrest, where they will learn to live up for what is right
And the time of war, where they will learn to either stand for the good or for their own selfishness.

She was eleven when she saw and survived the massacre in the city she was born, Otamur.
The mighty army, that was foretold to prevail, fell, panic broke loose throughout the city.
Rèverie would never forget the things she saw, the cruelties, how allies became enemies.
Or the dead body of her father, the tears that fell that day will never be forgotten by her.
She managed to be one of the few that fled the city, together with her mother and her little brother.

Their journey south was troublesome.
She was 12 when she first experienced hunger and it was her brother that would bring change.
He pointed the blade at her, the blade this little boy picked up before they fled to protect his family.
She ran and he chased after he, he fell and the blade fell to the ground.
The chased girl would pick the blade up, scared, the boy charged her.
The tip met a body, the body of her brother and soon he was no more.
The mother, shocked and enraged by what she saw as she turned to find them, jumped her.
Strangled her.
Afraid once more, the mother was soon no more.

If you asked her today for who her family was, she would not know.
She remembers their faces.
But names, occuptions, everything else was gone.

A nomad found a crying girl, there where there was a corpse of a boy and a woman.
The blade stuck in their mother.
The nomad took the girl in, unknowingly of whom the real murderer was.
She would learn from him, to survive and to live,
And soon he would be like a father to her.

A man once found his way to their camp.
Friendship formed between the girl whom was 16 now.
A girl blooming in the prime of beauty.
Naive and trusting she left the Nomads with the foreign man.
Alone they were, the man with his intention.
He would touch her, wanting to violate the naivity.
And as he tried, he would find his end.
And she would never trust a man again.

She continued south.
A hunter's job for the locals.
Sleeping out in the wild.
Saving up for the longing home.
"Wound them"
They said
"Capture them then"
They told her
"And bring them alive to us"
For they would have more use for a living one.
"Torture it is that you would do"
She replied
"A swift, painless death is what I will gift them, not like you"
She concluded.

It took longer to fullfill the longing.
Her new home in the town she hunted for.
Living among a culture so different from what she had known that she would adjust to.

She was of the age of twenty-one now.
A woman, a flower grown fully.
And it was then when her life would change.
(Goddamnit, this is very different from what I thought I would end up writing)

Strengths:
-Extreme Defense Mechanism-
In combat her mind goes blank and she will attempt to kill perceived threats without hesitation, without blinking an eye.

-(Almost)Fearless Fighter-
Bears no fear of death during a fight.

-Survival in the cold-
Acquired the knowledge needed to survive in a cold wildernis

-Sleepless Nights-
Used to getting little to no sleep

Weaknesses:
-Flashbacks-
May experience flashbacks at random

-Nightmares-
Might show up very exhausted to a mission.

-Feeling emotionally numb-
Emotions, while present are numbed down and she has a lot of problems showing compassion and empathy even though it is there

-Self destructive behavior-
Tends to be too reckless in things she does.

-Afraid of using swords-
Is terrified of using swords or having one swung too close to her comfort.

-Rather weak-
Is not the strongest person alive.

Abilities/Skills:
-Archery-
Learned to use the bow, not strong enough to efficently use it for an extended time of time.

-Stealthy-
Has learned to move silently in flush and colder enviroments.

-The hunt-
During her years with the nomads she learned the ways of the hunt.

-Lie detection-
Her paranoia allows her to see through somebody's lie.

Bonded Ability:
-Soothe-
Combining Rèverie's sincerity with the natural ability of a Celestial turns out to... apparently increase the effect soothing may have.

Relationships:
Acquainted with a few merchantsin the Halturn Trade Post
Friendly with the Nomads

Dragon Name:
Celeste

Dragon Gender:
Female

Dragon Species:
Ceselstial Dragon(White Dragon)

Dragon Personality:
-Abstains from Violence-
Will keep herself and her human out of uneeded violence, if it is an option.

-Protector-
Feels a deep desire to protect her tamer, the innocent, the weak.

-Hesitant-
Does not like curing people if she is not certain they deserve it and will attempt to convince her tamer to not help them at all.

Dragon Strengths:
-Heavenly Soar-
The Ceslestial Dragon is able to fly for much longer then other species of dragons. The payoff are thinner scales.​

-Quick Learner-
Learns faster than the average dragon

-Deep Bond-
Her deep bond with her tamer allows both of them to work in sync.

Dragon Weaknesses:
-Thin Scales-
To be home in the heavens, to rule the skies, left this dragon with thinner scales than other species of dragons do.​

-Deep Bond-
Her deep bond with her tamer may leave her feeling disturbed.

-Overprotective-
Overprotective of her tamer.

-Weak Mind-
Unable to endure too much violence, it makes her feel horrible and sick.​

Dragon Abilities
Purify: Can remove negative energies that taint living creatures. This will play a HUGE role in the story as the white dragon can remove the effects of the plague in extreme circumstances. Keep in mind, one round of purification will tire the dragon out immensely so use this wisely.
Soothe: The dragon can send soothing vibes to other living creatures, helping them to relax or remove their fear.
Projection: The dragon can create a stunning ray of light to illuminate even the darkest of areas.​

Name: Dalaith Malai
Hometown: Mystic Lake Town, Calidar
Appearance: Dalaith is naturally regarded as having very soft, overly feminine features and kind appearance, and while of average size for her age, her silvery grey hair marks her as rather unique. As her hair, at one time had reached down to about her waist. She would keep it well combed and left down or pulled back in a high pony tail, though now, in times of war, she has cut it short, just a bit shorter than shoulder length to afford her the protection of a helmet. Her skin is fairly pale, contrasted against her crystalline blue eyes. Her eyes have a few flecks of a silvery, lighter blue, and her skin is only naturally blemished by a dark tan birth mark that crests her left collar bone. A new blemish, however, has been left behind her ear along her neck, through unnatural means with unknown effects. Her whole body is lean, though not overly skinny, giving her a good amount of strength should she ever need it.
Personality: Quiet and calculating, Dalaith was raised with a high regard for knowledge. She can generally evaluate most any situation with a calm demeanor and find the proper solution to have the least damage done to either party, though she tries to avoid being in conflicts as much as possible. Dalaith isn't quite as emotionally understanding as others, and has trouble expressing her own emotions when she has a say in it, but should some event arise to provoke an emotional response from her, she can have reactions as varied as violent outbursts of rage to cavernous bouts of depression, even going so far as to cripple her mind with emotion and leave her as useless and moldable as a doll. To avoid such reactions, she has found ways to, in effect, lock away her emotions and think as well as act almost purely on logic and understanding, finding it to be the best solution to her current personality flaw. When that doesn't work, she breaks down and becomes very reliant on others to guide her. This, however, does not mean that she is not as polite and understanding whenever possible for her to be in control of her emotional state. She understands emotions well enough to imitate them without over reacting, and she can speak and act tactfully when commending or criticizing others.
History/Bio: Being raised in the Mystic Lake Town by her grandparents, old in age and having lost their children in a hunting accident, this quiet, unassuming girl grew up with the stories of ancient conquests and legends of the elves and dragons and other great beasts of olden times. Being fascinated with such tales, Dalaith grew to form a deep appreciation for the wisdom and knowledge of her elders, seeking to learn all that she possibly could from those within her small town. After having exhausted the resources of the elder ones in the town, she turned to ancient manuscripts, and eventually, traveled away from home in her quest for knowledge. She was naturally keen and quick witted, leading her teachers to begin guiding her away from her scholarly course into a course more suited towards law and the settling of conflicts, and under such guidance, she thrived. For some years in her young age, she served to settle disputes for the poor and the lesser in society, particularly, women, who had little right to hearings of court.
Upon her turning 19, Dalaith traveled to the north, seeking, once more, the ancient knowledge of the far wiser, superior race: The Elves. Upon journeying into Sylvis, the young woman learned of a great plague that was affecting many, turning them mad, turning them over to the darkness in such horrid ways. Fearing her life with accord to such gruesome circumstances, Dalaith learned to wield a thin long sword which she would now keep sheathed at her hip whilst she traveled about, though she hoped to never have to use such a horrid weapon due to her dislike of violence used to solve matters and her frank low ability to use it. In her travels, she saw many rare occurrences, one being a man who seemed to know more than any elder the woman had ever learned from. Only a few years older than she, and yet, wise in his years, Dalaith sought to learn all she could from the man. She, however, didn't have much time to speak, and had to leave hastily when called away by her small party, but she promised to return for more. How could she not return? This man had told her of dragons and other tales of old in much more detail than she had ever heard. By the time she had returned, it had been a few days, and he didn't seem to be in the general area that she had at first found him, or at least, what small part she dared to explore. But just as she was to leave, he seemed to just 'appear' behind her when before there was nothing, taking her aside to speak in more depth of what he referred to as 'important matters'. A shock swept over her as she learned of a hope of using the dragons to effectively settle the quarrel between the clean and the sickened in mind, and she, though hesitant to the idea of pairing herself with such large, fear inspiring creatures, agreed.
Strengths: can analyze and effectively settle situations on logic. Having been trained in the art of law, she is a very persuasive speaker, able to bend weaker wills through reasoning, even if at times such reasoning are based on lies. She has strong legs, perfect for running quickly and for long distances her light weight aides in this. With a photographic memory, Dalaith is an excellent map maker and when pairing her exceptional memory with her logical and critical thinking skills, she can be quite the strategist.
Weaknesses: If provoked to emotional reactions, she can be unpredictable in actions and thoughts, often to the point of endangering others if not quelled. Due to a physically weak upper body, she does not pack very much power behind her blows. Due to being so light, she can't take many strikes, and when hit, she has a hard time staying in place as she can be pushed back easily. When emotionally unstable, she can be very easily molded to the wills of others, and often feels insecure about herself, even when within reasonable bounds of emotional control
Abilities/Skills: Intuition/Intelligence; minor swordsmanship (still learning and getting better); map making; strategizing
Bonded Ability: Mental Ensnarement-
Having an already heightened ability to persuade, the mana input from her dragon, as well as his natural ability for reasoning, allows her brief periods of complete mental control over another being. She must, however, have eye contact for at least five seconds, and her physical condition will dictate how strong her mental connection will be, determining how long she can hold up against a stronger will.
Relationships: Father & Mother (deceased); Grandmother & Grandfather (terminally ill upon last knowledge); Knows/Has a close relationship with many elders throughout many towns on the continent
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dragon Name: A'untyr-Miirym
Dragon Gender: male
Dragon Species: Gold Dragon (Intellect)
Dragon Personality: With a name that literally translates into 'wise guardian', A'untyr takes great pride in the usage of knowledge and wits before power, though will fight feircly with tooth and claw should the need arise. Though he consumes a large amount of living prey for protein, he has adapted to a very vegetable and fruits based diet, leaving him with a very lean frame, he often being miss-seen as malnourished because of such.
Dragon Strengths:
*Anylitical thinker
*persuasive thinker
*agile
Dragon Weaknesses:
*Not quite as strong as other dragons
*Develops a very 'high up' attitude at times, inhibiting his ability to clearly think
*Is very controlling and often insist on his way when dealing with those he sees as inferior to hinself

We Shall Prevail Unscathed.

Name: Goliath Atreus
Hometown: Encilis
Dragon Name: Hezekiah
Dragon Gender: Male
Dragon Species: Iron Dragon
Appearance

Goliath stands at 6' 1 with just past shoulder length dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. He has scars across his chest and one long white scar where his helmet lines up with his right cheek. He is a sturdy man of 28 and wields a spear and a round shield strapped to his left arm. He is quick on his feet and fond of wearing scale or light leather armor in battle, though his helm remains tough steel. He also carries a short sword at his belt. Goliath wears a black bandage around his head during training and when he dawns his grandfather's helm.

Helmet.

Helmet Goliath.jpg

Armor.

Goliath's armor (2).jpg

(Red sun in the centre instead of horses)

Personality:

+Honorbound+

Goliath is driven by honor. He prefers to face an enemy that is prepared and dangerous. After extensive training from his combat leaders, he has learned to gauge the strength of an enemy in comparison to his own. If Goliath believes in the cause, he will fight it until his soul joins the hall of warriors who die in battle..

+Thrillseeker+

Life is the ultimate test, Goliath rises to any challenge and desires to experience new things, especially if they are life threatening. Though some of his risks may seem unreasonable to some, he manages to pull through. Goliath has had numerous injuries and wounds as seen by the scars scattered across his body, but each scar is a story. Goliath will gladly answer the much asked question "How did you get that scar?"

+Chummy+

Goliath is fond of good food and good friends to share it with.Goliath feels the strongest with people who want him around. He is influenced greatly by the moods of his friends and seeks to bring balance to each friendship. Accepting a challenge from Goliath to a drinking competition may prove to be unwise at first, but the bond it will form is one of unbending trust.

+Exciteable Comedian+

When placed in the new situation or crisis, this is where Goliath truly shines. Gleaming with excitement Goliath is a light to those in the darkest places. Whether it be by a simple joke or smiling through his own stupidity, Goliath means to ease the minds of his friends and remind them that no matter the struggle; they will conquer it.

History

From as far as the great Antioch Atreus, to his father Destris, the blood of the soldier courses through Goliath's veins. He was taught to fight and win battles since childhood as well as survive the courtly life as a noble in Encilis. Winning feels sweeter than any wine he has ever tasted and as the cousin of the Queen, he has tasted nearly every wine. Goliath wasn't very active in "court life", he fooled around with a couple courtly women, and arrived to every gathering when he was 'expected' to be there. He doesn't recall the last time he has talked to the Queen, and he isn't the slightest bothered by it.

Once he started to walk was when Goliath's training began, if you want to talk about having an active childhood; this is it. Always under strict supervision and guidance from numerous instructors across Calidar just so his father could produce his only living son into another soldier to bear the family's crest sewn onto his tabard, A red sun on blue sky. Every man in his bloodline had served in a war, civil war, uprising, and sometimes got murdered. Goliath remembers at a young age the day when his Uncle Duncan was beheaded for treason against the throne for reasons unknown to him. Goliath's mother Helena attempted to grab Goliath and cover his eye's before the head came off, but she was too late; her son had seen death.

With no war to fight and his skills honed enough for a real challenge, Goliath attended dueling, jousting, and archery competitions across Calidar in various cities and towns. You win some, you lose some. This is around the time when he got mixed around in court after a couple gatherings with other sons groomed to be soldiers and knights.

In his early 20's, Goliath was done with court and made a request to her majesty to leave and travel. Later that month, Goliath had his leave and gathered people he fought against to fight as mercenaries in the rebellions to the north. He stumbled across a commander in need of soldiers in Televar because of the war against the plague that had devastated Otamu. One of the men Goliath took with him abandoned them at that moment to tell the queen, and Goliath had no time to care.

Goliath fought with a spear in a variety of styles over the course of the war and lost many of his companions. Talone was slain. Other men died or left when they felt it was time to go back home and settle down with a nice girl from court. Goliath didn't care much for that, he still had a war to help win and stop this plague from heading south!!!!!

Goliath Atreus, a foreigner from Calidar became well known amongst the camps over some good drinks and gambling. The Crusader from Calidar with his red sun on tan sand on his tabard and Goliath rose up in ranks. He was eventually granted command of a small formation. Goliath figured he was given command for his leadership and honor on the battlefield mostly.

One day near the border between the plague and the forces of Televar, Goliath was fighting to defend Juna from the plague as troops from Trespa descended on the enemy and pushed the forces of Ogual back. During the assault the General of the army from Trespa was fending off against two formidable beings of dark magic. One was struck down easily by Hakeem's curved blade but Goliath saw the other monster make haste for a killing blow. By hurling his spear at the creature and killing it before it could harm Hakeem, Goliath met a warrior he would call a friend during the upcoming battles against the forces of Ogual.

Fate lead Goliath into being introduced to Merrick, and then to the Iron Dragon Hezekiah; his entire life was changed.

Strengths

Dueling

Combat

Fearless

Leadership

Weaknesses:

Gambling

Impulsive

Trusting

Skills/Abilities:

+Spear Master+

Being from a noble family has its benefits, one being that Goliath was trained under the guidance of some man at arms who have seen battle and fought with the spear. The spear can change the tide of a battle with a shift in stance, with each swing, and each thrust [lol thrust]. Spears thrown from a master's hand can also have devastating consequences for the recipient.

+Witty+
Just when you think all ideas are used up and nothing can solve the current problem, Goliath pulls through with new ideas and the courage to act on them. He is very skilled at thinking on the spot and coming up with ideas that others would not have thought of so quickly.

+Lucky+

Arrows have grazed the side of his head, swords have torn through inches away from his organs, and Goliath sometimes bites off a little bit more then he can chew. Somehow he pulls through alive and grinning.

+Brawler+

Like any Soldier, Goliath loves a good fist fight. In time he got really good at predicting the moves of his enemies and countering with his battle toughened fists.

Bonded ability: Mana Blocker!

Relationships:

Mother: Helena Atreus

A mother fond of her strong son but sought to teach him how to treat wounds in an attempt to stop Goliath from fighting… he just started treating his own injuries. She is very fond of games and court life. Goliath has many memories of drinking and playing chess with his mother in his teens. Cerra keeps her up to date on Goliath's 'travels'.

Father : Destris Atreus

Goliath's arrogant father only had a son to fulfill his duty to his father and the Queen. With no war to fight, or desire to fight any longer, Destris has developed a hobby doing masonry across Encilis. Destris keeps to himself and barely attends matters at court.

Friend: Talone Ny'del

Deceased.

Friend: Hakeem Ibn' Abihi

Newest friend and fellow Dragon Rider. Goliath has met Hakeem's family on numerous occasion and has bought beside Hakeem against the forces of Ogual for many years before meeting Merrick.

THE IRON DRAGON

hezekiah-the-iron-dragon-2-jpg.93472

Name: Hezekiah
Dragon Species: Iron Dragon (Noble Dragon)

History
Just as knights rose up from the mass of man as the defenders of the land, a dragon of the same sort evolved from the strength of the mountains. Said to be descended from the mountain dragons themselves, these beasts bear hides of a dark, iron tone, a good representation of the strength of their scales and more so of the strength of their hearts. Nearly impenetrable, the Iron Dragon's scales resemble a thousand miniature shields set into place to defend the beast from the strongest of enemies. Their heavy armour extends at the tips of their wings, spine, and skull to give them blade-like appendages which they use to attack their foes. These dragons are, in every sense, knights in scalen armour. By nature their eyes stay within a range of grey and brown, but when bonded, these dragons' eyes turn the very color of their bond-mate's. Their endurance is unmatched in any drake their own age, yet they give up speed and dexterity in return, evolved to defend, rather than attack. The mindset of the Noble Dragon matches its evolutionary path, much like their cousins, the Brown Dragons, they are chivalrous as dragons can be and many are found to be pacifists. However, for the individuals who are not so quick to turn the other cheek, there are some of this species who display rash characteristics most often related to adolescent humans. Charging into battle in the name of honor, seeking revenge for centuries in the name of pride, these dragons live to defend - and defend they will, be it their pride, their tamer, or a mound of dirt.

Abilities
1)Metal Screech: A horrible metallic roar that uses some level of sound waves to dispel and mute any magical effects around the dragon for a radius which grows with mastery of the skill. Beyond the halt of mana surrounding the dragon, mortal foes will cringe in pain, immobilized by the blood curdling sound.
2) Iron Defense: The Dragon hunkers down and channels its mana to strengthen and 'steel' its scales, greatly increasing its defense, especially against magical effects. Stronger dragons may even null magical effects all together. However in this state, the Dragon cannot fly and has slightly reduced maneuverability.
3) Deliverance: Even if the Dragon should fall, perhaps their strength is failing and a loss seems inevitable, the Noble Dragon can spend its last reserves collapsing into a coma. In doing so, it imbues its fellows with greatly increased strength and resistance to magical spells.

Personality

Hezekiah is very bold and hot headed. Defensive when put into a corner and stubborn. He enjoys sarcasm and giving Goliath a hard time. In the weeks of training Hezekiah and Goliath have bonded so well that Hezekiah is feeding off of the excitement for unobtained glory.

Goliath trusted Hezekiah instantly, and Hezekiah wants to earn that trust by enduring the training, and rigorous side schedule set out by Goliath; which is really just time to hang out.

Strengths

+Iron Scales+

+Intimidating Presence+

+Sharp Wings+

+Fearless+

Weaknesses

+Stubborn+

+Hot Headed+

+Overconfident+

The adventure thus far…

Goliath Atreus during his initial days at the meadow had rescued a young blood eagle with the help of Shirin and Dalaith and received a favor from the Mother, a blood eagle feather to be used when desired to summon aid. This is when he had first interacted with the other members of The Order on a mission. He trained vigorously on his own and sparred with Shirin after a festival in a nearby town, in that time he had learned to block Hezekiah from entering his mind.

Hezekiah had learned to grow as a honorable warrior from the soldier, but without a battle to fight, Hezekiah became bored and took a thrill out of pranking and mocking his tamer; only to anger him slightly :3

On a night flight with the other dragons, Hezekiah and Lyre had flown together and now he flirts with her any chance he can get.

Goliath had become friends with Kalona during a night watch posting, Goliath had taught Kalona how to blow smoke rings with bacco cigars, in that time, Hezekiah and Lyre pranked their tamer's and the two tamers have been friends since.

At the monastery, Hezekiah and Goliath trained with a monk Fiona to fully understand their bonded ability, a forcefield of malleable anti-mana that can weaken or block mana attacks completely. Goliath had also met Terria Tetra for the first time and he had grown fond of her quite quickly, he trained with her and another monk by the name of Lilia in hand to hand combat, a combat style that Goliath had yet to fully comprehend.

After weeks of training, Goliath became very skilled in unarmed combat, he and Hezekiah had trained hard and found their bonded ability easier to produce each day.

During the remaining weeks, Hezekiah and the other dragons fought against a horde of bats under the control of Ogual and then the tamers arrived to end the fight, Hez and Goliath stayed and cleaned up the carnage, and burned the dead bats.

In Ylandre, Goliath encountered a tunnel hag. She offered him a trade of 'a taste of his mana' for one of two trinkets. One trinket could bring someone back from the dead, and the other bestowed luck on the wearer. Goliath refused to trade with the witch and with the help of Kalona, Shirin, Terria, and Aglares; Goliath vanquished the hag and scorched her body in dragonflame for all of the city of Ylandre to witness.
Goliath and Hezekiah fought bravely throughout the siege of Ylandre and Goliath sustained a severe injury to his right lung on the same night that Shirin died.

Attachments

• Hezekiah The IRON DRAGON (2).jpg
    Hezekiah The IRON DRAGON (2).jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 9
That hag fight was so much fun. I love you for exploring on your own initiative and making me come up with that thing! *makes note to make a list of "baddies" for when Golaith decides find trouble*

• Love
Reactions: Stiorra
Code:
[CENTER][FONT=trebuchet ms][B][SIZE=7][IMG]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b494/rainjays/headerthing_zpsfizokszp.png[/IMG][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][COLOR=#a64dff][glow]Tamer Basics[/glow][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=#5900b3]Name:[/COLOR][/B] Sairantha Rinien
[B][COLOR=#5900b3]Age:[/COLOR][/B] 22
[COLOR=#5900b3][B]Gender:[/B] [/COLOR]Female
[B][COLOR=#5900b3]Hometown:[/COLOR] [/B]Dawn City[/FONT][/CENTER]
[imga=left]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b494/rainjays/saira1_zpsihfpnnt1.jpg[/imga]
[CENTER][FONT=trebuchet ms][B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#a64dff][glow]Tamer Appearance[/glow][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=trebuchet ms][URL='http://len-yan.deviantart.com/art/half-plate-warrior-421851463']Image source[/URL][/FONT]
[URL='http://digital-art-gallery.com/picture/gallery/red_hair'][B]  [/B][/URL]

[FONT=trebuchet ms]Understandably, her armor would have better coverage than shown above.[/FONT]
 [/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=trebuchet ms][I][COLOR=#cc99ff]Height[/COLOR] - [/I]She stands around 5'6" (1.6 meters)
[I][COLOR=#cc99ff]Weight[/COLOR][/I] - Her weight is leaning towards the lighter side, though is still healthy. Most of her mass is muscle and thus she is quite lean.
[I][COLOR=#cc99ff]Eyes[/COLOR][/I] - Her eyes are hazel in color.
[COLOR=#cc99ff][I]Hair[/I] [/COLOR]- Her hair is a bright red, usually kept loose, reaching down to around her mid back.
[I][COLOR=#cc99ff]Complexion[/COLOR][/I] - She has light, fair skin with a smattering of freckles around her cheekbones.
[I][COLOR=#cc99ff]Distinguishing marks [/COLOR]- [/I]She has several scars (one on her back, stretching from her right shoulder down her spine in a jagged line; one along her left thigh, to her knee; a small pink line along her right forearm; one just behind her hair line, above her right eye, hidden by her hair). She wears a small chain around her neck with a clear crystal attached to it.
[COLOR=#cc99ff][I]Clothing[/I] [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff]- [/COLOR]She prefers to dress in loose clothing with light colors for movement. She detests formal wear.[/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=trebuchet ms][B][COLOR=#a64dff][SIZE=5][glow]Tamer Personality[/glow][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][I][COLOR=#00b3b3]Curious/Analytical[/COLOR][/I]

Sairantha is hardly intuitive. Instead, she relies on facts and details, refusing to accept "I think" when she can have "I know" instead. Her brain is like a sponge that is never full, sopping up as much information as possible at all times. She'll question anything she cannot comprehend and will not cease her questions until she feels she has a rounded out understanding of the topic. Saira is a person that always needs to know [I]why[/I], instead of just [I]how[/I]. For her, there is always going to be a proper explanation for everything. Sometimes she makes up meaning where there is none, simply to fulfill this need.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][I][COLOR=#00b3b3]Ambitious/Enthusiastic[/COLOR][/I]

Most people prefer to set realistic goals. Saira prefers to set her sights on things that go far above what is considered 'realistic'. It's not ideal to lower your ambitions simply because your objective is impossible. Instead, make it possible. Her enthusiasm shows her younger, less controlled side, where she hasn't experienced enough to lose her imagination and dreams. She eagerly accepts new challenges and meets them with an unrestrained persistence.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][I][COLOR=#00b3b3]Tenacious/Dedicated[/COLOR][/I]

Once she sets her eye on a goal, or makes a promise, Saira will do anything to uphold her word, whether it means fighting through exhaustion on a battle field, or always being there for a friend. She works hard and is reliable. [/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][I][COLOR=#00b3b3]Resourceful/Astute[/COLOR][/I]

Sairantha was taught at a young age to keep her mind open and to carefully observe the world around her. Her father used to tell her, "If you listen carefully, you can hear the earth sing." It was her father who taught her to make a fire out of backpack and pocket lint, and to make rudimentary weapons from twigs and rocks. She also learned to scrutinize people and conditions quickly, and to formulate opinions and responses just as quick, particularly in battle.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][I][COLOR=#00b3b3]Adaptive/Flexible[/COLOR][/I]

Saira can usually work with what is thrown at her. Change doesn't bother her strongly, and she never takes anything for granted. She almost [I]expects[/I] change, and a lot of it, keeping herself on her toes. She exhausts herself this way, always being in anticipation for danger that will never come.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][I][COLOR=#00b3b3]Compassionate/Benevolent[/COLOR][/I]

Saira simply cannot be a ruthless warrior because she will always have that itch called mercy. She has a treacherous weak spot when it comes to killing, and will refuse to kill or maim if she has even the slightest inkling that that person may be innocent. A person that is forced to fight is a person that doesn't deserve to die, no matter how many lives they've claimed, and no matter how many lives they'll continue to claim if let go. She also feels strongly for the pains of others, and wants to help, even if she doesn't go about it the right way. She is considerably emotion-driven.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][I][COLOR=#00b3b3]Independent/Wary[/COLOR][/I]

Sairantha has difficulty with accepting and trusting new people into her personal affairs, and as such, generally prefers to work on her own. She will begrudgingly accompany others as a team, and will cooperate, but will be incredibly cautious and wary of people she doesn't know. While she eventually will come to terms with strangers, she sometimes already has come off as hostile and unfriendly, making it difficult to begin new relationships. Once someone [I]has[/I] gained her trust, however, she is an incredibly loyal and reliable friend. She is a rather anxious individual because of her mistrust.[/FONT]
[IMG]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b494/rainjays/h3_zpslh72ktdh.png[/IMG]
[FONT=trebuchet ms][B][COLOR=#a64dff][SIZE=5][glow]Tamer History[/glow][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=3]The Rinien family has lived in Dawn City for countless generations. Saira's great, great, great grandparents built the rustic house that her family still lives in. That house is old and worn, now, covered in a patchwork of wood and paint from years of quick repairs. Inside are four bedrooms with a large living space, occupied by her near family: father, mother, siblings, and her uncle. Behind the house is a large area for crop, and a stable large enough to occupy two horses. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=3]Adanion, her father, inherited the home when his father died during a hunt with a collection of men from the City. The death was sudden, and strange; there was no body to show for it, no dead bear, and no blood. His father had been involved with a shady group of people in town, people who identified themselves as traders, but were, as Adanion found out later, smugglers and traders of illegal goods, as well as mercenaries for hire. While he had no evidence for his suspicions, he believed that men from this group killed his father for his debts--his father was an obsessive gambler, to the point where the house was actually lost on a bet. Adanion's father never made good on the deal.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=#00ccff][I][FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=3]Letting go[/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/COLOR]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=3]Despite his desire to seek his father's supposed killers, Maerwen, a close friend from his youth, convinced him not to. She admitted that she loved him and didn't want him to die. He reluctantly gave up his need for revenge, and married her two months later. Maerwen moved into the family home soon after, adopting a job as a seamstress for those in the City who could pay. She was well known for her great skill and dedication to her work, and made quite a bit of money. Adanion, however, barely worked, only tending the garden and handling his horse. Just before the birth of his first son, Meldiron, Maeren insisted he 'get off his arse' and find work. He began to hunt.

Meldiron was born that fall, and nearly exactly seven summers later, Sairantha was born. She and Mel were primarily raised by Adanion, as Maerwen was busy producing the majority of the family's income. Adanion would take the children out into the woods, teaching them to climb trees and swim in the rapids, and later, how to track animals and eventually how to hunt. He brought them alongside his hunting trips, letting the kids carry gear and help him collect hides and game. He made wooden swords for the two children, first training Mel in swordplay and archery, and then once Saira was four years of age, allowing her to join in the lessons. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[I][COLOR=#00ccff][SIZE=3][FONT=trebuchet ms]Growing up[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=3]Her father crafted a miniature bow and sword for her to play with, but she took the weapons, particularly the bow, quickly. She would often mock fight with her brother, or race down the streets after the other children. At the age of eight her father began to treat her interest more seriously, providing her with stronger weapons and real arrows and blades. She had a keen eye and was able to hit a bullseye from across the field behind their house, and was adequate in using her wooden sword.

She met her closest friend, Raya, by running directly into her whilst playing in the streets and knocking the smaller girl to the ground. Raya was upset--mostly about dirtying her dress--and turned her cheek to Saira, who offered her a piece of smashed pastry from her pocket. Raya forgave her, and the two soon became friends. They played in the nearby meadows and made up games where Raya was a princess and Saira her personal guard, making flower crowns from daisies and staying out until dusk. The two developed a secret code, and left notes for each other in a number of spots in the city, often in tree hollows or under rocks. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=#00ccff][I][SIZE=3][FONT=trebuchet ms]Old grudges[/FONT][/SIZE][/I][/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][FONT=trebuchet ms]Saira's uncle, Nestaron, was a figure she'd seen little of in her life. His arrival at their home was shocking; and he bore bad news. At the time Sairantha was too young to really understand what her parents spoke of. It wasn't until later that she learned of her grandfather, his debt and death, and how her uncle had never let go. Nestaron had spent the last nine years searching and investigating his father's death and had tracked down the killers--and was determined to get wide scale revenge. At first, Adanion refused his brother, sending him away from the home. Eventually though, he caved, his need for vengeance renewed. Nestaron was invited back to the home where he lived with the family while he and Adanion planned their course of action.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=trebuchet ms]Saira and Mel's training continued. That winter, Alya, the youngest Rinien child, was born. Unlike her elder siblings, Alya was raised primarily by Maerwen, and grew up to be very different than her brother and sister. She rarely saw Saira and Mel, who were occupied with training and practice. Once Saira reached the point where she could learn no more from her father and uncle, she sought the help of others, practicing with other local huntsmen and women. Her brother continued to help her hone her skills with swordplay, although she was never as good with blades as she was with her bow.[/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=trebuchet ms]She overheard her father and uncle talking in the stables one afternoon--she ended up eavesdropping on the conversation. She overheard them discussing that they were going to be "visiting" [I]somebody[/I] in the woods, and decided to follow them. Bow in hand, she stealthily crept after her idols as they traveled. Within an hour, they arrived at a small cottage in a clearing, in the middle of nowhere.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=3]Her father knocked on the door calmly, her uncle unsheathing a sword. A large man opened the door, peering out at the two intruders before his lips melded into a grin. He welcomed them like they were old friends, but her father quickly sprung into action, pinning the stranger against the wall of his own home. A fight soon ensued. The result was disastrous; her uncle was knocked down, unconscious, and her father was pressed onto the ground, his own sword poised over his chest. Sairantha couldn't just stand there, watching. She took action, loading her bow and shooting the stranger. Her arrow pierced his neck, and when his focus was diverted towards Saira, her father leaped to his feet and stabbed him in the heart.

Her father told her the truth as they traveled back home; that he was hunting down his fathers killers, and that that man was one of them. She felt betrayed by her father, who she always thought was the ideal, perfect parent. She began to avoid him, although she didn't tell her siblings or mother what had happened. She did confide in Raya, who suggested she talk to her uncle and father, rather than allow the events to fester into hatred in her mind. Saira agreed, and Raya said that she would go with her, for friendly support. Saira planned to do it in two days time, when she knew her father would be at home, tending the field. 

Two days afterwards, a group of men attacked the house. Her father and uncle attempted to hold them off while Meldiron and Sairantha attempted to help Alya, Maerwen, and Raya from the house. Her father and uncle were fighting a losing battle, and Saira impulsively decided to join the fight. Still young, she was quickly overpowered and pushed to the ground, a nasty wound on her back. Her brother, noting her absence, came to her rescue, killing his sisters assailant. Shortly afterwards though, the group of intruders fled, taking Adanion with them. Nestaron failed to track them down.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[I][COLOR=#00ccff][FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=3]Aftermath[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/I]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=3]Afterwards, her mother fell into a depression jag shortly after, becoming heavily detached from her family and the world. She firmly believed her husband was dead, even though Nestaron firmly believed otherwise.

Sairantha continued to train, mostly with the help of her uncle and two local instructors. When she was eighteen, Raya was brutally assaulted and murdered by two men from a nearby settlement; Sairantha took it upon herself to seek revenge, not unlike her father, and killed the both of them after tracking them down individually and breaking into their homes. The first man she stabbed in his sleep, and the second she killed when she found him hunting in the forest.

She met Merrik Tetra while traveling with her brother to another city, seeking the instruction of a well known archer. For awhile, they traveled alongside each other (on the insistence of her brother), and got to know one another. Initially apprehensive, she took to what he said about dragons and tamers with a grain of salt. However, his words planted a fantastical image in her mind. She asked him if he had a dragon, and he said he did, summoning his dragon to prove it. She found herself in total awe as he asked if she would like to join the tamers on their quest, and hurriedly agreed. It would be her chance to do something with her life, and maybe repair her family name.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=#33cccc][I][FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=3]With the Order[/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/COLOR]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=3]Joining the Order was a leap for Saira. After the bonding ceremony, she wanted so badly to bail and return to her old life; but she couldn't break that promise, that bond. Aerarya soon became her best friend, one of the few she could completely trust in her new home. She grew to like the Meadow well enough, and took to the rigorous training with vigor, particularly at the monastery, where she took the chance to learn something to heart, learning a little bit about the Order's history, and developing new techniques for her swordplay and archery both. She began to open up some time into training, going on an exhilarating hunt with Merrik after a giant boar, and meeting the great Mare of the Woods. While she's yet to make a name for herself among the people, she's beginning to build her confidence. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[IMG]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b494/rainjays/h3_zpslh72ktdh.png[/IMG]
[imga=right]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b494/rainjays/oie_296738QGbo6iYt%202_zpsqxmyosgs.jpg[/imga]
[FONT=trebuchet ms][B][COLOR=#a64dff][SIZE=5][glow]Tamer Relationships[/glow][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=4][COLOR=#cc99ff][I]Adanion Rinien//Father//54//MIA[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Sairantha was always her father's favorite, and she held an adoration for him so strong that made them inseparable, a relationship even closer than Adanion's with his wife. Since she was young she was stuck to his side like glue, nearly worshiping his every move. She simply thought he was a god born in a mortal body. He taught her nearly everything she knows, and became her inspiration. However, since discovering his sketchy history, her relationship with him has been fragmented, her love for her father dissipated with skepticism and betrayal.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=4][COLOR=#cc99ff][I]Maerwen Rinien-Alluth//Mother//52[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Originally, Saira and her siblings held an average relationship with their mother. She would cook breakfast and they would give her a peck on the cheek before leaving to go about their day, and would cherish her devotion to the family in the usual way. However, after Adanion's disappearance, and her deterioration, Sairantha grew distanced from her mother, hating her for her weakness and lack of strength.

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#cc99ff][I]Nestaron "Fleetfoot" Rinien//Uncle//49[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Saira was nearly as close to her uncle as she was to her father as a youth, and still remains so. Despite learning of her uncles associations with her father's wrongdoings, she still treats him the same and looks up to him as a second idol. She can tell her uncle anything and knows he'll listen intently, without judging.

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#cc99ff][I]Meldiron Rinien-Alluth//Elder Brother//29[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Sairantha and Meldiron always held a playful, loose relationship with each other. As children, they practiced on each other, sparring often in the yard for fun. He often picked on his younger sister, originally causing her to dislike her brother, but as they grew older and more mature, they gained a liking for each other not too different than between friends.

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#cc99ff][I]Alya Rinien//Younger Sister//14[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Sairantha never bonded quite as much with her younger sister as she did with her brother, but still holds affection for her. Even though she is a teenager, Saira still treats her like a baby that needs to be coddled, although she does it out of love and not of spite.

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#cc99ff][I]Raya Glandur//Close Friend//22//Deceased[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Raya was her close childhood friend and understandably held a special place in Saira's heart. Raya was like a sister to her, always there for her to talk to and understanding. When she wasn't with her father, she was usually always with Raya. When her friend died, she was torn to pieces, falling into a jag of depression and disbelief. Sometimes, she still will 'talk' to Raya inside her mind, missing her friend's presence and advice.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][B][COLOR=#a64dff][SIZE=5][glow]Tamer Strengths[/glow][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=#99ff99]Keen[/COLOR]
[SIZE=3]Saira has a sharp eye and acute senses, allowing for her to track people and animals and shoot with great accuracy. She can see her target from great distances away and is attuned to the wind- she can feel which direction it is moving in and accurately can decipher how far it will blow her arrows off course. She can pick up on slight body language and the most sparse of details.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#99ff99]Archer[/COLOR]
[SIZE=3]Since she was young she has been studying the art of using bows in combat as well as when hunting. She has a great amount of raw skill with her bow and some with throwing knives. While she isn't an expert and has plenty to learn and space to grow, she is still an astounding bow-woman.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#99ff99]Quick Learner[/COLOR]
[SIZE=3]Saira picks up new skills quickly.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=#99ff99]Thinks Before Acting[/COLOR]
[SIZE=3]Sairantha often will thoroughly think things through before acting. She's quite the opposite of impulsive.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#99ff99]Agile[/COLOR]
[SIZE=3]Sairantha can move quickly through nearly any obstruction and can easily avoid attacks and traps. She has a fast reaction time.[/SIZE]

[B][COLOR=#a64dff][SIZE=5][glow] Tamer Weaknesses[/glow][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=#ff9999]Untrusting[/COLOR]
[SIZE=3]Saira hardly trusts anybody, apart from those whom which she is close to. It takes a long time to gain even a smidgen of her trust.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#ff9999]Lack of Experience[/COLOR]
[SIZE=3]Saira has been living in a relatively sheltered life, compared to most warriors and adventurers in the world. She has only had a handful of real-life combat experiences, often accompanied by others. She also is not in any way an expert on anything, leaving her without a specialization.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=#ff9999]Compassion[/COLOR]
[SIZE=3]Arguably a strength and a weakness, Saira has a great deal of compassion. She works well with humans (that she can trust, anyways) and can empathize easily, but in the thick of battle, her compassion works against her. She detests killing and inflicting pain on others. Her morality sometimes gets the best of her.[/SIZE]
[COLOR=#ffffff][SIZE=3].[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff9999]Weak[/COLOR]
[SIZE=3]Saira can usually hold her own, but while she is relatively strong, she wouldn't be able to wrestle off a 200 pound man for her life unless she pulled something clever (luck is not a good thing to rely on).[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#ff9999]Young[/COLOR]
Apart from being inexperienced, Saira is also still very young at heart; she has trouble seeing limits, both personal and otherwise, frequently gets lost in her daydreams and fantasies, and is a bit of an idealist. 

[B][COLOR=#a64dff][SIZE=5][glow] Tamer Abilities/Skills[/glow][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=#cc99ff][SIZE=4]Archery[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Saira is incredibly skilled at using a bow and arrows, and can also use throwing knives and a variety of other ranged weaponry.
[COLOR=#cc99ff][SIZE=4]Swordsmanship[/SIZE][/COLOR]
While she is not the greatest at using a sword, Saira can defend herself from close quarters with an average sword. She can also fight with daggers and knives.
[COLOR=#cc99ff][SIZE=4]Stealth[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Being primarily an archer, Saira relies on being able to stay hidden from her enemy. She is near silent on her feet, and is adept at making herself undetectable.
[COLOR=#cc99ff][SIZE=4]Survival[/SIZE][/COLOR]
She has retained basic survival skills- she can patch up a wound, find food, water, build a shelter, etc.
[COLOR=#cc99ff][SIZE=4]Agile[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Sairantha can move quickly through nearly any obstruction and can easily avoid most attacks and traps.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][B][COLOR=#a64dff][SIZE=5][glow]Bonded Ability[/glow][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b3b3][B]Mist[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Similar to her dragon's power of fog, Saira can summon a loose cloud of mist in the area around her. It lasts briefly (2-3 minutes at best), and has a radius of roughly 5-10 feet. Works best under proper weather conditions.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mmw9Gkh.png[/IMG]
[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=5][COLOR=#4da6ff][B][glow]Dragon Basics[/glow][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][imga=left]http://imageprocessor.websimages.com/width/389/crop/55,0,300x519/fc08.deviantart.net/fs21/i/2007/299/b/d/Air_elemental_dragon_by_ravenoo.jpg[/imga]
[URL='http://ravenoo.deviantart.com/art/Air-elemental-dragon-68288776']Image source[/URL]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][B][COLOR=#99ccff]Dragon Name:[/COLOR][/B] Aerarya
[B][COLOR=#99ccff]Dragon Gender: [/COLOR][/B]Female
[B][COLOR=#99ccff]Dragon Species:[/COLOR] [/B]Atmosphere dragon (Silver dragon)[/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=#0080ff][B]Species Description:[/B][/COLOR]
The silver dragon is a long, sleek, and muscular creature of the skies. With near black eyes and a glistening sliver body with massive pearly wings, they were once seen skittering through the skies, dipping in and out of the cloud line. They feel at home in extremely high altitudes and have what seems to be everlasting flight endurance. The ancients called them Chinooks for they would breath their warm air down the mountain sides as they soars over the peaks; a gift to the farmers when a cold snap threatened their crops.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms]They are graceful and elegant beings with a love for humans specifically. They once played with the cloud formations trying to maintain helpful weather for the citizens of the lands. These dragons have gentle souls and see their tamers as their most revered companion. There is nothing a silver dragon wouldn't do for its human and through their unwavering loyalty and compassion they form bonds so strong that their humans too would do anything for them. Their fire is silver.[/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=trebuchet ms][B][COLOR=#0080ff]Species Abilities:[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=trebuchet ms][B][COLOR=#99ccff]Fog:[/COLOR][/B] These snakelike creatures have an instinct from their ancestors to use the temperature fluctuation in their breath to slightly alter weather conditions; they can summon a layer of fog to surround themselves.

[COLOR=#99ccff][B]Sky Dive:[/B][/COLOR] Because of their genetically abnormal lungs they can soar the even the highest of altitudes and come shooting down out of the sky like a falling star. This may seem like a strange ability but there is no other dragon capable of a lightning quick ambush from the skies in the blink of an eye.

[B][COLOR=#99ccff]Twister:[/COLOR][/B] Due to the large area their wings hold silver dragons can soar long distances with fewer wing beats, giving them their long distance abilities. But these large wings have another unique use; they can whip up small twisted on the ground; by combining their hot and cool breath with a current of air from their wing beats they have been know to stir up twisters around 100 ft tall. [/FONT]

[CENTER][SIZE=5][FONT=trebuchet ms][B][COLOR=#4da6ff][glow]Dragon Personality[/glow][/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=#99ccff]Dignified (but still playful)[/COLOR]
Aerarya likes to act rather posh and elegant, even though she's playful and a little childish. She takes after some of the other dragons in this respect, playing 'monkey see, monkey do'. She picks and chooses her company carefully, and holds herself under high self-regard.

[COLOR=#99ccff]Loyal/Defensive[/COLOR]
Aerarya is about as loyal as you can get. She'd follow her tamer to the moon and back. She is incredibly protective and would sacrifice herself in a heartbeat to save her human's life.

[COLOR=#99ccff]Compassionate/Empathetic[/COLOR]
Aerarya detests violence. She has a strong belief that life should be spared by any means necessary, and that even people with the most corrupted of minds can be fixed. She can easily sympathize with anybody.

[COLOR=#99ccff]Curious[/COLOR]
Aerarya has an intense need to know everything about anything. Often times, her curiosity can distract her from the task at hand.
 [/FONT]
[SIZE=5][FONT=trebuchet ms][B][COLOR=#4da6ff][glow]Dragon Strengths[/glow][/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=#99ff99]Swift[/COLOR]
Being an atmosphere dragon, Aerarya is as fast as can be. She can dart in and out of the cloud line at breakneck speed and could probably give several dragons a run for their money.

[COLOR=#99ff99]Sharp Talons[/COLOR]
Aerarya's talons are rather sharp.

[COLOR=#99ff99]Energetic[/COLOR]
Aerarya is literally bursting with energy. She could go for hours without tiring, however at the end of her frequent high, she crashes and falls dead asleep.
 [/FONT]
[SIZE=5][FONT=trebuchet ms][B][COLOR=#4da6ff][glow]Dragon Weaknesses[/glow][/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=#ff9999]Skittish[/COLOR]
Aerarya is frightened by many things, including, but not limited to spiders, water, dogs/wolfs, enclosed spaces, and darkness. 

[COLOR=#ff9999]Klutz[/COLOR]
Silver dragons are used to having the freedom of the sky to maneuver and fly. In a tight or dense area, Aerarya will have difficulty spreading her wings and getting into the air, not to mention flying. She'll trip over nearly anything and everything, sometimes injuring herself in the process.

[COLOR=#ff9999]Revenge[/COLOR]
Her intense defensive nature doesn't stop at sacrificing herself; Aerarya also relentlessly seeks revenge on those who hurt the humans she cares about, be it her tamer or otherwise.[/FONT]

Just gonna... stick this here.....

It should look like this when it's pasted.

• Love
Reactions: Soulserenity20
UPDATED

b86x7a.jpg

Narien Ki'ila (NAH-ree-ehn kee-ee-lah)|| 23 (June 6th Birthday) || Male || Freya/Solona, Calidar

4gnal0.jpg
Personality
23rlo38.jpg

"Trust no one. Believe in nothing. And do not hope, for Fate shows no mercy. It does not know the meaning of the word."
Narien is extremely suspicious of everyone he meets, believing that all humans are naturally selfish and cruel, young or old. He is very observant, and is intelligent enough to learn things quickly. When he sees fit, he can be excruciatingly loquacious and is actually fairly eloquent, not to mention an excellent liar and secretly a poet. He is physically capable of protecting himself and is especially good at taking punches. Though he never forgets an insult, never forgives a grudge, he is surprisingly quick to judge himself, and is more likely to respect others whose opinions of him match his own less than stellar ones than be offended by it. He also cares more about efficiency than personal grudges, and gets severe tunnel vision when he has to roll up his sleeves and get to work. When it comes to his personal feelings, the default mode of Narien's life is hatred and he holds a deep anger against what he calls his "Fate," which refers to the tragedy that has surrounded his life. He does have quite the sharp wit, taking a great deal of enjoyment in using blistering sarcasm and confusing people with word puns, but despite the oft-unkind humor that he shows his bondmate, at times he is unable to hide the truth that comes shining through his expression and body language: he is never happy. Loneliness, anger, and grief are the three emotions that have governed his life, and though he remembers a time when he used to be happy, he can't even imagine what that would actually feel like anymore. He has no hope that things ever can or will get better, and the only thing he truly prioritizes is his survival. The terrible irony of this is that, while he will probably never stop somewhat despising the human race, he desperately craves their love and affection, and despite his anger, he cannot help but pity and try to protect the wounded or scared.

2607j4j.jpg
History/Bio
f39f14.jpg

"For every good thing given, something good must be taken away. Only evil is meant to endure and be endured."
Unborn

Saefi Leevr was a beautiful girl. Dark brown hair and waxy pale skin, she was petite and naturally elegant, seeming to float as she moved. Innocence and wonder and joy that permeated her every move made her all the more attractive to the people around her, but she neither noticed nor cared. She grew up her whole life in the Temple of the Moon in Calidar. She had never stepped outside of the temple, surrounded by the monks. Her family was part of the People of Dragons, descendants of the first of the Arcane dragon tamers. The lore, the temple, they were her life. She didn't know anything else. When she was 19, she was sent out of the Temple to retrieve a message from one of the confidante's of the People in Arinar. Everything she saw left her awestruck, but she had a job to do and she would do it properly. She met the man and took his message and that might have been the end of it, if she hadn't met him.

"STOPP." Saefi had been walking down the street, when a boy slammed into her, knocking her down. Next thing she knew, another, older boy had yanked the first one off of her and had him pressed against the wall. He pulled a bag from the boy's hands harshly and sent him on his way with a kick. An older woman came huffing after them, gratefully taking the bag from him and thanking him profusely. He shook his head, refused any gestures of gratitude, and immediately turned his attention to her, helping her up. "I'm sorry about that, miss. Are you alright?" He had strong features, curly black hair, and beautiful blue eyes. He looked to be in his mid-twenties.

She brushed herself off and offered a gentle smile, trying not to blush as she looked down shyly. She hadn't been exposed to men her age much "Yes, I'm fine, thank you. It was very brave of you to help that lady."

Mason Ki'ila was pretty certain he'd just met the most beautiful girl in the world. When she smiled at him, he was pretty sure he swallowed just a little too loudly. He was the son of a well-to-do diplomat, and well on his way to becoming one as well. He'd come from Freya to visit the libraries and saw the boy rip the bag away from the woman. An active sort of person, and with a strong sense of justice, he chased after the boy without thinking about it. She was shy, but when he offered to buy her some food she complied, and the next thing either of them knew, the two of them were having lunch and he was showing her around the whole city. They shared stories, and although they came from very different places, both of them felt something special about each other by the time the day was done. The both of them returned home late and elated that night. From then on, Saefi sneaked out to meet with Mason often, and remained clearly distracted to her father and the other monks. As Arinar was not close, her long disappearances were not easy to miss. Their relationship was eventually discovered by her father and she decided to leave her home, going off to live with him. The two of them married within the week.

Freya
Narien's birth was a moment of celebration for his father and mother. A healthy, beautiful boy. Both his father and mother loved him very much, though his father's job kept him away at times. He was treasured, spoiled, and took after his mother both in his appearance and in his joyful innocence. Unbeknownst to his father, his mother taught him in the traditions of the People, teaching him about the dragons and the lineage he came from. He believed her, but idolized his proud, strong father too much to focus on her stories. As he grew older, he began interacting with other boys his age more, but the other boys in Freya weren't like him. Their mothers were harsher, more like their fathers, and they were tough, mean, strong. Not like him. And they made sure he knew it. With his small frame, he became an easy target for neighborhood bullying. Not wanting to disappoint his father and worry his mother, he never told them about it. They were what made it survivable, after all, being able to come home to that happy, loving home, knowing that no matter what the other boys thought of him, his family loved him. At age eight, that was taken away from him as well. His mother got sick. For two years, she was bedridden, deteriorating slowly. Narien spent a lot of time with her, watching her grow weaker and weaker even as she continued to teach him about the dragons. His father desperately tried to find cures, going half-mad with frustration. He continued looking right up until the day she died.

Saefi's death broke Mason. He became harsher, crueler, putting up a wall around himself and crushing anyone who opposed him. He also refused to look at Narien again. He reminded Mason too much of his mother, the sight of him simply made it hurt more. The bullying didn't get worse, but it felt worse after his mother's death. It felt like he'd lost both his parents at once. The place that had once been his refuge became cold and empty and he had nowhere left to turn. So he hardened like his father, learning that to survive he had only himself to rely on. In this time, one thing his mother had told him became his mantra: "Understanding is the key to everything. Mana is understanding. Magic is understanding. Understanding is everything." He repeated those words to himself over and over again, not truly realizing she'd meant it literally. He took the time to observe and absorb information in order to escape bad situations. Another two years passed like this, but when he was twelve, he was kidnapped by men hired by one of his father's competitors. Rather than insisting he step down, as they'd been hired to do, they demanded a ransom. They waited, and waited, but Mason never came. Narien was alone, as he somehow knew he would be.

Solona
Killing Narien certainly might have been satisfying, but it wouldn't have gotten them any kind of profit, so, instead of killing him, they brought him back home to Solona with them and sold him as a slave. He had obviously had a good upbringing, but was strong, and oddly enough obedient - the perfect candidate for a high-end household, which is exactly where he ended up. His first day as a slave, he met the daughter of the household, not much older than him. She had light brown, almost golden hair, and glimmering green eyes, and she smiled as though the earth would move at her command. She leaned down in front of him, put her finger under his chin and announced, "I'm Mauri, and you're mine now." He instantly hated her. Over the next few years, Narien remained Mauri's plaything. He protected her, took care of her, and did everything she told him to without complaint. He never stopped hating her. Her character was recklessly selfish and although not due to any ill-will on her part, everything she did showed a distinct disregard for the feelings of others around her. That wasn't why he hated her, though. He hated that she was happy, that she couldn't see how much he hated her, and that she represented everything he'd once had. He hated her parents more, though. They were kind to him when she was around, because Mauri liked him and protested injustice done towards him, but when she wasn't looking, they were cruel, looking for any reason to punish him.

It came to end when he was fifteen. Mauri's mother tried to assault him, and this time, Mauri was there to see it. She didn't confront her parents, but that night, she drugged the guards and told him to escape, letting him go. He didn't hesitate, though he never really forgave her for showing him that kindness. He ran away, but still had nowhere to go. The streets of Solona were nothing like either Freya or the house he'd been a slave to, but his experiences in both gave everything he needed to stay alive. He took to the environment like a fish to water, even becoming an expert at wielding a knife and tying knots. He got very good at setting traps, protecting himself against those who attacked to him, stealing money from other muggers when he needed it, even managing to avoid the bigger crime organizations skillfully. The dark streets became his home and his kingdom.

The Moon and the Meadow
He didn't think of his mother's stories at all since the day she died. Stories were useless to him, and he simply didn't have room in his brain, or his heart, for useless things anymore. But when he began feeling... odd, restless almost, they came to mind. Things he'd thought he'd completely forgotten about inexorably popped into his brain, chasing away other thoughts. He kept feeling the urge to leave, sometimes feeling his legs take him to the edge of town before he could stop himself. Finally, unable to stand it any longer, he decided to take a trip to the Temple of the Moon, a place his mother had told him about in great detail. At the Temple of the Moon, he met his grandfather, though he never found out the man was his grandfather, and all the old stories about his lineage and the dragons were refreshed and embellished upon. He was told to follow these urges, to go to the Lunate Monastery in Sylvis, where he would find his fate. Not knowing what else to do, he went on the long journey, finally making it to the Lunate Monastery.

Arriving at the Monastery, Narien was shocked to find himself face to face with a dragon. He had originally thought he would return to Solona when his questions were answered, but bonding with Agni Lu'ule changed everything. His ancestry as an Arcane Tamer became more than just stories, and suddenly he had a duty to all of Illos and a fancy fate to be a "Dragon Tamer of the Order." What he didn't realize at first was that this further meant he would have to live with the other members of the Order and learn to work together with them. He attempted to hide his true self from the rest of them, despising them all the while, but quickly began to discover that not everything would work out the way he wanted it. Fighting a necromancer side by side with his senior in the Order, Sairantha, going on a strange journey of illusion and delusion to rediscover a kindness in his soul, accidentally earning the respect of his commander, Merrik, coming face to face with Ogual himself, and making a fool of himself and enemies out of other members of the Order - all of it seemed to be happening in a flash, and before he knew it, he had given up the pretenses he'd begun and was finding himself changing, growing, unwittingly becoming the person his father had always hoped he'd be. The only thing was, he still wasn't quite ready to let down the walls that had protected him his whole life. Only time could tell what more would change, and he did not yet know how much the ragtag group of the Order were already coming to mean to him.

261z0gp.jpg
Strengths
mvixwy.jpg

"Devils are not the only hunters of men."
Endurance - Narien is used to taking beatings. Having had so many throughout his childhood has meant that, while he's still able to feel pain, he's learned how to deal with it, resist it, and carry on if he has to.
External Control - Regardless of what he's feeling inside, he has pretty good control over what other people see of him, particularly in terms of masking his anger or sadness.
Creativity - Narien likes to think outside the box, and is pretty good at solving his problems with unusual solutions.
Observation - His aptitude for noticing and remembering small details compliments his creativity rather well, and has helped him get out of tight spots before.
Determination - Although he seems like he'd give in easily to others' wills, the truth is he can be a bit of a stubborn son of a- well, you get the picture. Once he's decided something, he doesn't give up no matter what, and it's gotten him through a lot of tough times.
Instincts - He's always had pretty acute instincts, and he's learned to follow his gut and to do it fast - main reason why he hasn't died yet.

21449xf.jpg
Weaknesses
95sl5i.jpg

"Beasts that do not fight are not beasts. They're pets."
Paranoia - While not quite PTSD level, Narien is pretty darn paranoid and suspicious, which makes it difficult for him to work well with other people. Constantly second-guessing other people's abilities and trustworthiness is a good way to really fail at team efforts.
Drama - He does have the tendency to overreact about things and can sometimes get a little dramatic about what's happening. It's not a deathly flaw, but it can be kind of irritating to other people and can make him lose focus at times.
Pity - Something he hates to admit to himself is that he gets too emotionally involved. More than he knows he should. As difficult as it might be to see outwardly, he is strongly affected by people in distress, and can get caught up in others' pains when they don't concern him. It can sometimes affect his psyche.
Grudge - Narien is... not really big on forgiveness. Let's just put it that way. As the Jane Austen quote goes, "My good opinion once lost is lost forever," and if he holds a grudge against you, it becomes apparent eventually, one way or another.
Risks - Despite being analytical and relatively cool-headed when facing difficult decisions, when he doesn't see a good way to go about things, he can be downright reckless, risking his life without much hesitation to achieve his goals.

f0vkpk.jpg
Abilities/Skills
eil0t2.jpg

"Do what you're good at, learn what you're not."
Navigating
Dodging
Reading People
Knifework
Tying Knots
Pick-pocketing
He used to be able to play the Viol

Bonded Ability
Mana Drain - Can non-exclusively cause the mana of people around him to be depleted, making them tired and weakening their magic. Like it does with his dragon, however, holding it for too long poisons him, and he has to release it gradually or it'll make him seriously sick.
Narien X Agni: Counter-Hex - Can now curse a foe, allowing themselves to manipulate the mana of that foe. Once cursed, the pair have ready access to the foe's mana and can use it against them. (E.g. If Narien get strong enough, he could overpower and force Merrik's dark mana to strangle him or force Nova's nightmare ability to draw out Nova's worst fears.)

2uepd0j.jpg
Relationships
2yyy1he.jpg

"If we are nothing but the sum of our relationships, I am nothing at all."
Mason Ki'ila - His father is someone who used to be very important to Narien. Back when he was a child, Narien intended to follow his father's footsteps and become a diplomat. He loved and idolized his father as a strong man, a man of power. His father could be rather strict at times, and tried to instill in him that he should fight for something if he wants it, but his discipline was just another sign of his love towards Narien. After the death of Narien's mother, however, Narien grew apart from Mason. The two of them never talked, and after a while, Narien stopped trying. He came to see his father as just the man who abandoned him, who perhaps had never loved him at all, and certainly didn't now. He was not even surprised that his father didn't respond to the ransom note. He does not hate his father, merely feels disdainful of the coward who couldn't even comfort his son when he needed him the most. His father means nothing to him now.
Saefi Ki'ila (nee Leevr) - He will always think of his mother as that purest of people, the paragon of everything he would ever have reason to love. Her frailty was unfortunate, but no matter how hard he tried, he could never blame his mother for the hurt that her death caused him. His only real regret is that he didn't have the chance to spend more time with her. He has something of a shrine for her in his brain, preserving her at her best, and forgetting many of her faults.
Mauri Wellon - This girl confuses him, and he often thinks back on her with a mixture of emotions. On a straightforward level, he simply hates her, but on top of feeling somewhat indebted to her, he also secretly saw her as something of a little sister. She was selfish and annoying and stupid, to some extent, but not blatantly unkind. She didn't torture the servants the way her mother and father did, and she had showed him kindness he hadn't experienced since his mother had died. While he certainly thinks of her with disgust and anger, much of that anger is also directed at himself for the feelings he knows can be somewhat unjustified, and deep down inside he knows that if he ever saw her again, he'd sacrifice his life to help her.
Merrik Tetra - Narien heard a lot about the Tetras as he was growing up from his mother, so oddly enough his first instinct upon meeting Merrik was to respect him (probably helped along with Agni's memories of being trained by the man). However, he also holds a critical eye towards the other man's doings, constantly looking out for signs of stupidity or weakness, not so much because he hopes for failure, but because he understands acutely that this man is his commander. Merrik's decisions impact his, and the rest of the Order's, chances of survival, so he has a lot more to be held accountable for. In a way, his respect for Merrik has held fairly staunch... right up until Merrik decided to make him the leader of a small band of the Order for a mission. He still respects the man somewhere in his heart, but at the moment, he isn't quite sure about the man's judgment of character or... sanity.
Goliath Atreus - The impression Narien got of this man was that he was (well, a friendly, annoying idiot) a strong warrior, a good speechmaker, and most importantly, a tie to the royalty of Calidar. Losing him was possibly the most staggering loss in Narien's opinion.
Sairantha Rinien - Sairantha makes him nervous beyond everyone else in the Order, mostly because he can tell that he likes her. Romantically or not, that is not clear to even himself and probably not important, but it worries him, because it tempts him to be himself around her, something he is still not quite ready to do for anyone beyond Agni. He taught her how to use a short knife and is impressed with her progress in such a short time, only wishing he could have had the same advancement in his use of the bow and arrow (she still owes him that lesson on how to carve a bow). On the other hand, he believes that her mellow kindness is simply default for her, and is certain that even a friendship with her will end up in disaster for himself. In his opinion, she is the most perceptive of the Order, and that makes her the most dangerous.
Kalona Fischer - Narien hated her on sight, as she reminded him of every domineering, entitled female he could imagine. Oh well, she's dead. Moving on.
Avren Lebram - At first seeing him as a bumbling woodsman, Narien is beginning to wonder if Avren might have some good qualities as a member of the Order after all. He believes the man might, but none of that matters if the idiot remains a blithering, reckless, socially incompetent idiot.
Reverie White - Long story short, Narien thinks Reverie is kind of a bipolar nutcase. He does realize she has courage, and can tell she is gaining some of Merrik's trust (again, is he losing his sanity?), but his initial impression of her as a crazy has never quite worn off, as she still does things that he finds nothing short of ODD. He wouldn't trust her sanity as far as he could throw her, but he finds the idea of working with her surprisingly palatable. He just... wouldn't want to be under her lead.
Illyria Renthir - Though she's been relatively quiet, Narien has kept an eye on this girl, and may feel some secret sense of solidarity with her, because she seems like a spunky lover of knowledge when she's allowed to be spunky?
Pomona Muldell - Narien is worried about this woman. Insofar as he wonders whether she'll let her personal feelings interfere with her level-headed soldier's nature. He does believe she is, well, a level-headed soldier/fighter, but she also seems quick to anger in ways that he is not, and he is not sure whether she is reliable or not.
More to come...

2qmp993.jpg
Appearance
ir14yw.jpg

"People cannot see, no matter how hard they look."
He basically fits the picture to the tee. Pale skin, pale blue eyes, with long, very dark hair he keeps in a ponytail, that scar under his right eye, and somewhat pointy ears. He's got a strong frame, is about 5'8", and weighs around 140lb. He does not have a tattoo, the inside of his right wrist has a brand in the shape of three, elegant, squiggly lines forming a triangle: a symbol of the house he was slave to. He usually just wears simple, dark clothing with good coverage that are easy to move in. An odd sign of luxury is an earring in his left ear - a crude depiction of a white oak set in dark metal. It was a small sign of mercy that the people who took him allowed him to keep it. It was originally his mother's, but was left it to him after her death. It's the only thing he has left of her, or his father.

260xug1.jpg

2cp468n.jpg

Agni Lu'ule (AHnyee loo-oo-leh)|| Female || Arcane/Platinum

2j4ova0.jpg
Dragon Personality
34fi9o7.jpg

Poised || Calm || Impartial || Honest || Distant || Gentle || Kind || Motherly

It takes quite a lot to rattle Agni. She rarely feels flustered by a situation, even if she doesn't know what to do, and is very good at keeping her head. The more people panic, the more calm she is. She also has a rather graceful air, comporting herself with poise and control. This can sometimes come off as haughty, however, and is coupled with a desire for peace and quiet that does not necessarily endear her to the other dragons. On top of this, she doesn't play favorites. She tries not to judge anyone by first impressions, and takes things at a case by case basis, preferring to get all the facts before making decisions. The truth is more important to her than whom she does or does not like. Perhaps because of this, she often seems distant and cold. Despite this, she has a very caring soul and is thoughtful of others. Agni does also have a strange spark of dragonly humor that has likely gotten worse with her bond to Narien. Her calm nature in some respects makes it such that she has a sense of good-natured amusement towards the more present-minded turbulent natures of the others. She often peruses the memories of her ancestors not only for the wisdom they have taught her, but also because she believes there is wisdom hidden in each new perusal. Thoughtful and quiet, Agni also displays a surprising bit of social awareness, kind enough to notice the concerns and needs of other people.

2wh11z8.jpg
Dragon Strengths
2dhs9hx.jpg

Calm under pressure
Forgiving
Brave
Wise
Large/relatively strong

2llyekl.jpg
Dragon Weaknesses
nfmjop.jpg

Has some troubles with social interactions
A little gullible
Slow flier
Not so agile
Takes everything upon herself (has a hard time asking for help or showing weakness)​

Banner Here Later

﴿ Tamer Name ﴾
Verloren Waveborne

₪ Dragon Name ₪
Liyavalesce

﴿ Tamer Age ﴾
24 (February 2nd)

₪ Dragon Age ₪

﴿ Tamer Gender ﴾
Male

₪ Dragon Gender ₪
Female

﴿ Tamer Hometown ﴾
Nira Nomad Settlement, Galidus

﴿ Tamer History ﴾
Verloren grew up on the outskirts of the Nira Nomad Settlement, raised by the village wise woman. He knew her only as 'Grandmother,' and she was the one who gave him the appellation Waveborne, because she found him during one of her nightly walks along the river, washed up on the banks crying. Their little hut was some distance from the main body of the village, so he grew up fairly isolated - his only interaction with others being when he ran errands for Grandmother or when people came to her for council. She taught him a healthy respect for the land, and they lived by collecting wild herbs they could find, caring for the village's horses, and hunting the game available on the plains. Their way of life was simple, unassuming, poor by some standards, and relatively self-sufficient. It was a peaceful way to live and came with a deep reverence for both life and death. It was a relatively unassuming existence, but on his 22nd birthday, Verloren felt it was time to leave the familiarity of his home. He wasn't sure why, but his wanderings led him to Mistwind Camp and there he stayed for a couple years, becoming one of the rugged, suspicious folk of the town, though never quite one with them. He was used to the quiet life, and thus it was that he settled on the edge of the town just as Grandmother had with the Nira Nomad Settlement.

Just a few months past, however, late in spring, Verloren was out in the hills, when smoke began to rise from the village. He approached to see the settlement under attack, and though he ran forward to help, all efforts were in vain. Those who could not fight fled, those who could were pushed back, the invading forces slaughtering as they went. It was the white-haired man's first encounter with the plagued of Ogual. Verloren barely escaped with his life. He was not frightened or horrified, but greatly angered at this perversion of nature, and it was then that he knew why he had been sent here, where he must go. It was again time to set forth. To the Monastery he headed, in search of answers from the gods and the wise monks who lived there, but along the way, strange stories reached his ears. The people of Ylandre, gossip said, had been saved by great legends reborn - the dragons had flown again across the skies of Illos, and upon their backs rode mighty warriors.

The Dragon Tamers had returned.

Another, more ominous rumor also reached his ears, however. There were dark whispers that these dragon tamers had had the choice to save Mistwind or Ylandre, and they had chosen Ylandre, leaving his home to the dogs. Others spoke fearfully of Ogual's next move. The dragon tamers had saved one city, but surely their coming meant war was upon them. Were not times indeed dangerous if these great saviors had come? All the rumors, fearful whispers, joyful celebrations swirled about the road he traveled to the Monastery, but he remained undeterred and finally found his way there.

﴿ Tamer Personality ﴾
Since Verloren never knew his birth parents and his caretaker never claimed to be his mother, he considers himself a child of the land. He is a calm individual, fairly resilient to stress, but quick to extend the hand of friendship and share in others' joy and humor. Verloren is a man rooted in wonder. He's not so much just a happy, friendly man. He's a man who believes in the goodness and beauty and yes, wonder, of the world and of mana and of life and everything that lives. He believes in the possibilities and the glory that surrounds them, and the worth that everything inherently holds in equal proportion, whether it be an ancient artifact worth millions, or a flower in the field. Though he may not be the most ruthless or adept at fighting, he has the courage to fight for Illos because in his mind it is worth protecting. He has an honest and open personality, and was taught to be a gentleman in all things, but finds that humor is often a faster way to make someone comfortable than stilted politeness. He's also a fairly spiritual man. Meditation came naturally to him, and he gives moments of silence and thanks for every animal he has had to kill.

₪ Dragon Personality ₪
Liyavalesce is much of anything anyone expects a regeneration dragon to be - timid and clingy. On the day she hatched, the little dragon slunk under the remnants of her shell to hide. Throughout her two years at the meadow, she mostly stuck to herself, spending most of her time hiding in the safety of the trees. She continues to be shy, hating confrontation of any kind and preferring to spend her time taking care of flowers and playing hide and seek with the rest of the world. Beyond her timid nature, though, and perhaps despite it, Liya is a vicious hunter and fighter, underhanded, quick, observant, and sneaky when she needs or wants to be. She is very smart and inquisitive, but also extremely insecure, and so often does not have the confidence to speak up or take action even when sometimes she should or very much wants to. Although she dislikes conflict, she is not a pacifist and is vulnerable to her emotional state in general - at times moody, changeable, and even potentially reckless. She is self-conscious about her noticeable pink scales, hates wide-open spaces, and was initially a little baffled and surprised by the nature of her human. She has a playful streak, but few with whom it comes out, because it only happens when she's comfortable. She can be a little childish, and frequently needs time to be alone and at peace.

﴿ Tamer Strengths ﴾
Strong and High Stamina - Having lived the hunter-gatherer life and worked hard all his life, Verloren is pretty strong and can work for a while without tiring too easily.
Balanced - Personality aside, Verloren has been riding horses for longer than he can remember. Though he looks a little bulkier, he's surprisingly graceful on the backs of animals. He can do some tricks on them, and has an excellent sense of balance overall.
Friendly - Due to his friendly disposition, Verloren doesn't have a hard time working with others or asking for help. He is generally well-liked and gets along with most everyone.
Calm Under Pressure - Though not necessarily immune to the stresses of a situation, he is good about keeping his head, even under stress, keeping his eyes on the big picture.
Optimistic - Not one to let life get him down, Verloren doesn't lose heart easily, and does his best to keep the spirits of others up during hard times.
Open-Minded and Adaptable - Verloren believes that everyone has good ideas to share and is always willing to listen and learn from others. He's a good team player, and patiently open to others' ideas.

₪ Dragon Strengths ₪
Ferocious Fighter
Fast
Stealthy
Observant
Careful/Neat/Organized
Agile

﴿ Tamer Weaknesses ﴾
Slow - Verloren is not exactly the fastest guppy in the pond. Physically, he's decent enough, on a horse there's the thrill of the run, but he likes to take his time to learn and process things, and isn't the fastest of students nor the one with the best reflexes.
No Experience with Fatal Weapons - The most fighting Verloren used to do was warding off various animals threatening the horses, so the best he can do is protect himself and threaten off wolves by smacking them with his staff/walking stick/shepherd's crook. He is not used to sharp weapons like swords etc, and has never killed anything sentient before. The most he did in Mistwind was help a few out on horses.
A Little Gullible - Though a man who means well, he is sometimes a little TOO soft-hearted, and liable to fall for sob stories.
Indecisive and Safe - Always keeping his options open also means he isn't one to make solid decisions unless really forced to. He is usually pretty content where he is, and unlikely to go out on a limb or take risks unless someone else's concerns are at stake.
Mild Claustrophobia - Having lived out on the wide open plains all his life, he didn't realize until he left the Nomad Settlement that he grows uncomfortable in tight, close spaces. In thick forests and heavy crowds, he gets a little uneasy (just wait until you force him into a cave...).

₪ Dragon Weaknesses ₪
Easily Frightened
Emotional
Indecisive
Physically weak (and small)
Low Stamina

﴿ Tamer Abilities ﴾
Bonded Ability: Regeneration - The same as the regeneration dragon, regeneration tamers have the ability to heal exceptionally quickly, repairing and regenerating lost tissue at astonishing rates. As such, it makes them difficult to impossible to kill.
Animal Touch - Verloren's childhood meant that from the time he was little, he was out in the plains. Thanks to their couple of eagles and a small herd of horses, he is an excellent rider and knows how to treat these kinds of animals. Unfortunately, while this means he knows how to skin prey, it does mean he has never used a weapon more intimidating than a staff and even that rarely (to ward off the stray wolf or such).
Housewifely Duties - Though his caretaker was not at all what one would call lazy or negligent, as he grew older she assigned him different duties within the household. As such, he is fair at basic cooking and sewing to patch up old clothes, as well as a little first aid.
Eye for the Herbs - Verloren and the woman who raised him did not cultivate their own grains and herbs. Mostly, they got those things by trading with the nearby settlement for the skins and meat they got. They did, however, collect wild herbs as part of their living, so he has some familiarity with medicinal herbs that grow wild in the Storming Plains.

₪ Dragon Abilities ₪
Healing - The pink dragon's scales are unique in the sense that, when ground up, they contain healing properties. When the powder is mixed with water and applied to minor cuts and abrasions the effects are almost immediate.
Regeneration - It take A LOT to kill a pink dragon. Though they are quaint creatures, in the way of dragons, they heal exceptionally fast and could repair broken bones in just a week or regrow whole limbs.
Fresh Scent - These dragons somehow managed to weave the scent of flowers into their genetics; be it by magic or miracle. This scent is ideal for attracting the attention of deer and other prey. They rely on it to draw their prey out into an ambush as they do not enjoy fighting.
Tree Climber - A fairly small dragon, Liya has not always relied on her wings. She has learned how to clamber up with her talons alone, and is relatively good at navigating a forest canopy now.
Hide and Seek - Although not so cleverly camouflaged as many of her kin, the regeneration dragon is a clever hider, most particularly using her small stature to her advantage.
Green Thumb - Regeneration dragons of old tended to and harvested the flowers of their wide, lonely fields, and Liya is no exception. She has always had a great love for the simple beauty of little field flowers, and nurtured a small patch in the forest. Using the knowledge of her ancestors to provide each kind with the right amount of sun and water, separating them out a little, but seeding them such that flowers of complementing colors would grow close to each other, and yet not overrun each other. All of these little things would have made her an excellent florist.

Relationships
Grandmother
This red-haired woman's name is unknown to Verloren. Even when he was in the settlement running errands for her, the villagers merely referred to her as "The Old Woman." She has a strangely ageless appearance, but it is clear she has lived for some years due to the respectful treatment the villagers give her. To Verloren, however, she holds a special position. She is not his mother, but a greatly respected mother-figure and teacher. He believes in her, and before he left, would have been prepared to listen to her without question, though now he believes she would no longer even attempt to exert that kind of influence over him. She is, to him, a symbol of wisdom and his childhood, as well as a lady of some great esteem, despite her humble accommodations.

TBA

nfl4s9.jpg

14aydd3.jpg

hx85dk.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Soulserenity20