Rest in Peace, Robin Williams

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Hatsune Candy, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm still in shock.
    Of course, I haven't been following on his status for a while, So I didn't even know that he was suffering from depression. It's like this just came out of nowhere for me.
    • Thank Thank x 1
  2. It's not about understanding... it's about not giving up.

Robin Williams, What Dreams May Come
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thank Thank x 2
  3. I knew he had some problems with Bi-polar disorder. He'd have major mood swings but mother and I are kinda shocked, we want to know how it happened and's sad.
  4. Touché .

That is true so much!:3

He was a great actor, made my childhood much better ^^
  5. To quote many a script:

<Robin Williams does something funny.>
  6. I'm devastated. I grew up with this man. He shaped my childhood. It's like losing an uncle.

I've long since suffered from severe depression, which is another reason why this hurts so much for me. I know almost exactly where his mind must have been. I've tried twice. I just really, really hope that, if nothing else, his death will bring more awareness to mental illness. However, I will try not to allow this to get me down too much. He would have wanted us to laugh. Let's laugh for him.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. This is just so...shocking. I watched so many of his movies as a child.

This hurts a lot knowing he suffered from major depression. I guess it hurts because I have struggled with major depression for about four years. I always respected him for making other people smile, despite his own struggles. He was always a role model for me. Thank you Robin for making me laugh when I was sad, and helping me see things in a more positive perspective. You will be missed.
  8. The last thing I saw him in was Wilfred.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed, life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears."But doctor" He says, "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

(Watchmen, 2009)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank Thank x 1
  10. I thought thisvwas some horrible joke when I first heard it. Like tgose dumb news things on Face Book. The more I learned it crushed me. I loved this man so much! I don't know what to think about it. He was always one of my favorite actors growing up, and I will miss him greatly.
  11. Oh captain, my captain. <3
    • Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Oh my god I was so shocked and devestated when my mom told me about this today. It's going to be so strange living in a world where he's not there when so many people have grown up watching his movies and shows and laughing with him. I'll miss him dearly, and I'm sure all our condolences go to his family. Rest in peace, sir.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Whilst 'Jack' isn't my favourite of his films (that would be 'Good Will Hunting'), it does have an excellent quote that seems fitting here.

"Please, don't worry so much. Because in the end, none of us have very long on this Earth. Life is fleeting. And if you're ever distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky when the stars are strung across the velvety night. And when a shooting star streaks through the blackness, turning night into day... make a wish and think of me. Make your life spectacular. I know I did."

Seriously, the worst part of growing up isn't getting a job or paying bills. It's watching the heroes of your childhood die.
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Idem here .:3

He still has so many quotes about life and death as in general.. And it's just so odd .. Like he is Gone.

Behind him had remained plenty good movies, made people laugh and even perhaps he did changed other people's life to a certain extent .~
  16. Amen to that, I couldn't agree more.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. But the best part of growing up is becoming a hero to a child in return!
  18. What happens if we rub his urn?
    • Love Love x 2
    • Thank Thank x 1
  19. Dude. That is a fucking hilarious idea.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.