Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gloucester

Original poster
AUGUST 26TH, 2014
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> RESEARCH BASE ALPHA COMMUNICATION LOST
> CREW ACTIVITY LOST
> STATION WELL-BEING LOST
> RESCUE CREW LOST
> PROJECT TERMINATED
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME TO RESEARCH BASE ALPHA

Research Base Alpha is stationed smack middle in the South Pole. Your goal, study microbes and see how they adapt to cold weather. One night during a blizard, the power shut down and communications went completely cold with no signs of turning back on. What now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM NOTES RULES & CS

Hello to my next RP! This one I will not be GMing, but rather playing a character in it. This is an RP that I want to have very little guidance, and I want it to be something that the players create. Why did the power go out? Is there a monster among us? A traitor perhaps? All possible depending on where you, the story tellers, decide to take it. However, there are some rules that I would like to get across. This is a true RP, so that means everything is based off the of players and there will be none to very little GM involvment.

RULES:

1. Do not god mod/mode/Mary Sue/Marty Stu, whatever. Just don't do it.
2. Be a problem maker, not a problem solver. Don't fix an issue in 3 sentences becasue that ruins all the fun. Accidentally set things on fire instead.
3. Do not make the antagonist obvious right off the bat. Give things some time to settle in, learn a bit about characters and develop some simple problems first like food, water, heat, etc.
4. Do not include sexual themes such as rape, molestation, or anything of the sort. Be tasteful. Kissing? Sure. Romance? Yeah, go ahead. Sex? Unless you do it outside you won't get much privacy, but sure. Just make that tasteful. Do not do the frick frack.
5. Be realistic. It's 2014 and you're just researchers trying to figure out what's going on.
6. Death happens. Try not to kill each other in eight posts, but if you do manage to get surprised attacked or something by another player, take the death like a man and just die. No use arguing over OOC about it because I'm not GMing so It's not my place to decide whether you die or not.
7. Posts should be about a paragraph long. Do not hijack characters unless they have consented to you doing so for whatever reason.
8. Do not lock up a character by having them start a conversation with you and then you just leave and never return. Rude.
9. Have fun. Don't make me add more rules.

CHARACTER SHEET:

Appearance:
Name:
Job: (Medical Doctor, Scientist, Lab Assistant, Etc...)
Inventory:
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

Do not put a backstory or personality. Convey this in your writing.

MAP:
DT0XJ81.png

Once we get a decent amount of players we can begin and I'll make the IC thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Appearance:
AFPGetty-528219268.jpg

Name:
Lily Baren

Job:
Head of Communications

Inventory:
[PDA]
[Various Pens]
[Note Pad]
[USB of Communication Info]
[Headset]

Last edited by a moderator:
Appearance:
42807_web.ns.6.6.cl.housekeeper.picao.jpg

Name:
Rico Martinez

Job:
Maintenance

Inventory:
Tool Kit
Flashlight
Master Key
Company Issued Phone​

Reactions: Gloucester
Apperance:
image.axd

Name:
Sandra Morkov

Job:
Medical Doctor

Inventory:
3, multi colored pens
Scalpel
Small flashlight
Pocket watch

Few more peopole and we can begin. I'll accept more sheets as we go along as well. We'll work them into the story somehow.

Ok, I am going to edit the sheet a bit tommorow >.<

Appearance:
image.jpg
Name: Kelvin Reigner
Job: Medical Doctor
Inventory:
[Advanced first aide kit] modified to fit his needs
[various pens]
[sketch pad]
[audio player/recording device]
[box of matches]

Indeed I do. I'm also in your closet, watching you sleep at night

God damned Gloucester. You have knack for making good RPs, and I have knack for finding them out of the blue.

Appearance:
Edgar-Hansen-Northwestern-Deadliest-Catch.jpg

Name:
Edmund Sawyer

Job:
Chef

Inventory:
['Special Sauce']
[Lighter]

[Cook-Book]
[Fishing Rod]
[Carton of Cigarettes]
[Sudoku Book]

I'd love to get involved in this, but I'm somewhat afraid that like all the previous RPs that I got enthusiastic about, it will just die out in one or two weeks, so I will think about it :)

God damned Gloucester. You have knack for making good RPs, and I have knack for finding them out of the blue.

Appearance:
Edgar-Hansen-Northwestern-Deadliest-Catch.jpg

Name:
Edmund Sawyer

Job:
Chef

Inventory:
['Special Sauce']
[Lighter]

[Cook-Book]
[Fishing Rod]
[Carton of Cigarettes]
[Sudoku Book]
Thanks! Glad to have someone skilled like yourself on the crew.

Anyways, we're officially ready to begin. Anyone else interested can still post a sheet, but you'll have to find a way to add yourself into the story.

The IC is now up. Feel free to do your do.

Appearance
:
50043e95a434d.image.jpg

Name:Eric Jones
Job: Medical Researcher (Like for the CDC or WHO)
Inventory:
[Pens]
[Notepad]
[Magnifying glass]
[Penlight]
[Wristwatch]

Hope I'm in time

Definitely! Go on ahead and post whenever.

I cant find the IC

Added the 'Play' button. Didn't think about it at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.