Rescuing the Young(Katherun&Halie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin growled at X. He turned around and grabbed the demon. He pulled the smaller man off his feet and shook him. "DON'T YOU EVER say something like that again!" he dropped the demon roughly before storming away. He couldnt bear the thought of his son being dead. He would have nothing to live for without Sam. He would not consider the possibility of his son being dead.

X yelped when Griffin grabbed him, and his eyes went wide in unadulterated panic. When his feet were lifted off the ground, the clenched his eyes shut and whimpered pitifully. Every ounce of jealously was gone, and the cold, heartless persona was gone. Griffin's little one, as he'd called him, had returned. X fell with a heavy thump when Griffin dropped him, and he curled up in a ball, wrapping his arms around his head. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I won't say it again! I'll be good!" He begged, "Don't leave me, please don't leave!" He didn't even know what he'd said to make the man angry in the first place.

Reactions: KatherinWinter
Griffin stopped immediately. He cursed under his breath. He had never been good with people. He seemed to be particularly bad with X. He was continually pushing the poor demon to his breaking point. He went back to X and gently scooped the smaller man into his arms. He wrapped his arms around him hoping that the extra protection would comfort him. "Shhh... Little one. You didn't do anything wrong. I shouldn't have lashed out at you."

It wasn't entirely Griffin's fault that he'd had a hard time dealing with X. The demon was difficult to deal with to begin with. Being a demon, his emotions were difficult to control. Add in the trauma he'd endured over the years, and he was entirely unstable. It wasn't entirely Griffin's fault. X didn't like being picked up and held, but he accepted the man's embrace- because anything was better than being yelled at or hit. He sniffled and whimpered, all in an attempt to keep himself quiet. "I'm sorry- I'm sorry-- I'll be good. I'll be a good boy..."

"Shh.... I've got you little one." Griffin cooed gently. He rocked X back and forth. He didn't know anything about demons which was why he blamed himself. He knew X was unstable. He should have been more patient. "Your a good boy little. Your a good boy." He whispered trying to comfort the demon. "You didn't do anything wrong."

Reactions: Special Doodle
X didn't believe him when he said he'd done nothing wrong. He'd done something; It couldn't have been nothing. In all of his past experience, nobody yelled at him, or threw him to the ground, when he hadn't done something wrong in some way or another. But he didn't argue with Griffin, too scared of any potential repercussion he'd receive for it. He started to move around in his arms, wordlessly signaling that he wanted back down on solid ground. While a small part of him enjoyed the sensation of being held and rocked against the other's chest, the simple act left him dizzy. "I'll be good." He said once more, glancing up at him with childlike eyes that hardly belonged on the demon's hardened face.

Griffin set X down when he began to squirm. He didn't want to make the demon nervous but he stayed close. He kept his wings wrapped protectively around X. "I know you will be good little one. I'm sorry for snapping." He was going to has to watch his temper. He didn't like upsetting X. Wasn't to blame for his anger. "I know youll be good."

X took Griffin's hand to keep from falling when he was set down, but immediately upon realizing what he'd done, he released his hand and backed away from him as far as the wings surrounding then woukd allow. "S-sorry," He apologized, for holding his hand. It took him a long while afterwards to fully calm down and return to normal. When he did, he questioned why Griffin's wings were wrapped around him.

Griffin watched X and return to normal. He stood to his feet and folded his wings once again. He doubted that the demon remembered what happened. He never seemed to. "Come on." He told the demon as he headed down the road once again. He didn't know why his instincts had lead him to X. But hopefully he had made the right choice. Hopefully the demon could get Sam to safety.

The demon tilted his head in confusion, lost and thrown off by what'd just happened. He didn't understand or realize that in a way, there was another person living in his head. "What just happened?" He asked, trying to dog the subject so Griffin would explain. "Is there something wrong with you?" X didn't ask the question in a mean or accusatory way- he was honestly concerned.

Griffin considered the best way to answer the question. "Yes X there is something wrong with you. It happens a lot to slave that have been abused." He explained. "Its serious but not deadly. To my knowledge there is no cure for it.when someone became angry at you your mind...it shuts down. You become a younger version of yourself. You have probably see slaves act two very different ways."

'With me?' He thought to himself. That wasn't what he asked. It aggravated him, that Griffin thought there was something wrong with him. He wasn't the one who'd, seemingly out of nowhere, stopped what he was doing only to get back up amd continue on as if nothing had happened. The more Griffin explained, but didn't tell him what it was, the more X was convinced he was lying to him. And when Griffin finally told him what the problem was, X grew angry. "You're lying!" He'd seen it happen with others. Saw how being hit and yelled at reduced them to pitiful, wailing fools. He refused to believe he was ever in such a sorry state. "I've been beaten and abused and kicked around, but I'm not! I'm not like that! I'm not like them!" Them being the slaves who Griffin had described; those he'd seen with his own eyes brought from proud, strong individuals to crying fools at the raise of a hand.

Griffin sighed. "Its nothing to be ashamed of X." He continued down the road hoping that by doing so that the demon would take the time to process what he had said. "Its one of the ways that our minds protect us from tmwhat is happening. We shut down part of ourself to keep it from being hurt. A lot of slaves suffer from it."

X shook his head. "It's everything to be ashamed of!" He yelled. "It's horrifying!" There was nothing natural about watching grown men and women mentally shut down to protect themselves. More often than not, it didn't even work. He didn't chase after the other- too absorbed in his own troubles and thoughts. "You're a liar!" X hissed."You're lying, I don't do that!"

Griffin ran his hand through his hair. "Then you explain to me what just happened in the last ten minutes." He demanded gently knowing that X wouldnt be able to tell him anything that happened in the last few minutes. Maybe that would help X see the truth. But he doubted it. The demon was stubborn.

X was quiet for a minute, unsure of what to say. He didn't know what'd happened in the last few minutes. He didn't remember. "You were talking ababout your boy. And...Y-you you stopped walking, and you were knelt down--and you had your wings wrapped around me." He explained. He didn't really know what'd happened, but that was all he knew.

"You covered two of the last ten minutes." Griffin told him. "What happened during the other eight? I guarantee that something happened. We didn't just stand there staring at each other." He told X. "Give me an explanation. Any explanation other than the one I gave you. Because I honestly can't think of one."

X pursed his lips and looked to the ground in anger, clenching his fists. He didn't want to accept it; accept the fact he was broken and pitiful. The very idea of himself submitting and begging for forgiveness or anything of the sort made his stomach churn. "I don't want to be broken." He said sadly. "I can't be..." The demon looked up at the man with sad eyes, but he didn't offer any more resistance on the matter. "J-just go." He hissed, waving him off with his hand to get him moving again. He followed behind, a big slower than before, but he was there.

Griffin felt badly for X. It wasn't easy to accept that your not as strong as you want to be. It was hard to admit that what survived affected you in anywat. Survivors wanted to ignore the effects of their abuse. They think that by ignoring the effects they could forget the abusr. But rarely worked that way. The harder that you tried to forget or ignore something the more it affected you. He knew that.

What bothered him the most about realizing his owm problems, X decided, was the fact that he wasn't fully in control of himself and his own mind. Even with nobody around telling him what to do, and threatening him, he still didn't have control over his fate and what he did. And it bothered him horribly. As he walked, X muled over Griffin's words, despite wanting to forget what'd been said. Their walk for the rest of the day was silent on the demon's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.