Rescue Arc

H

Hotspot

Original poster
Okay, so I have this idea for an rp. And I want to make sure that everything fits right before it get's started, I'm not sure if I should add more or not.

This is the story so far..

For a little while now in the land of Ibipoff people have been kidnapped, but more than usual. For one, the kidnappings aren't just in Ibipoff. People are being kidnapped from their respective worlds and taken to a mysterious place in Ibipof, this mysterious place is only known to the kidnapper/s. If Ibipoff people try to locate this mysterious place, they will not find it. Because there is a magic over this place that returns the person to another part of the area.
The kidnapper/s goal is unkown, however it's rumored that the kidnapped are being used as a source of energy.
More and more people are being kidnapped every day, and if no one stops them. Then eventually the world will have no population.

The land of Ibipoff

The land of Ibipoff is mostly a magical and grassy land, although there are other terrains. But most of the world is full of plains and forests, there is only one volcano in the world as well as a very small area covered in ice.
The one Volcano is surrounded by a desert, it is called Irigia. It mainly houses dwarves and ogres, the workers there use the volcano to make steel objects.
The icy terrain is called Shiv and contains mostly elves and ice fairies, they mine icebergs to make ice cubes.

Population

There are many creatures on Ibipoff, from humans to purple monsters that walk on their eyeballs. Many new creatures appear as well. There are many creatures, you can make them up on the way.

These are some concepts
Weapons
Here's how it goes, each character has a main long range weapon (Like a gun or bow and arrow) and a main close range weapon (like a sword or spear) However the character can also use other weapons, as long as it makes sense and they can use it properly. For example a nativ tribes character can't go "screw my bow & arrow! Imma gonna use a gun!" cause the character wouldn't know how to use a gun and probably shoot an innocent bunny by accident. However if it were a character that is a master of long range weapons then it would be acceptable, it just has to fit the character. If the character is based upon yourself then it would be any weapon you think is cool.
Also weapons are mostly created by the person, not many types of weapons are sold in stores. But by combining a weapon with another weapon or an item and using some magic it can create something new!

Chackram, Throwing Knives, Fans (japanese fans), pick axe, Nail gun (It shoots out fake finger nails! It's my very own invention), Book, Anchor, Ball, Doll, Trumpet, Wrench, Disk, Boomerang Chackram, Graveryl (See velvet from Odin Sphere), Dice, Shot (like a small metal square that you throw, see chrono cross), Sling (an ancient weapon used to fling rocks), Kadenma, Cards, Scizzors, Balloon (of course must be magical!), Yo-Yo, Wieght (sure don't want to get whacked in the head by that!), Egg (see Anastasia from Shadow Hearts 2), Spoon, Spork, Swallow (see chrono cross's Serge or Suikoden Tactics Kyril), Leg Contraption(weird thing I saw on an anime girl once, she had this thing hooked on her leg and it had sharp sword things pointing out o_O), Throwing Hammer & or Axe, Pots & pans, Grapple, Gear (to throw!), Anvil, Katar, Bag ( an ordinary bag), Poison powder, Javelin, Blowgun, Phone- that shoots electricity out (my own invention), Broom, Cannon, Sai, Trump~ Fire lance, Fireworks, Fire loop (kind of like a ring of fire), A giant wood block (see Joachim from Shadow Hearts), Tonfa, Spike ball, Net, Card shooter, Black Eggs, Fly Swatter, flashlight that shoots out a laser, Flower, Jarts, Gem Blaster (it shoots out jewels!), Bits Sword( a magical sword that breaks into tiny pieces and the pieces shoot out at an enemy), Taser, Amei Piercers, Banana Peel, Umbrella/Parasol, Rake, Rubber Band, Slinky, Karingi (shooter of everything, it can shoot anything you want it to! From daggers to chairs!).

Magic
Magic is unlimited, you can do anything with magic! You can levitate chairs or shoot fire out of your hands! Or you may like to teleport or fly even!
Magic is known as Kitra in Ibipoff & another world called Tosofom, some Kitra come naturally by itself. But the rest you have to buy at a magic store.
There are types of Kitra
Kitra= Magical spells you can learn and buy at a magic store.
Kir= Are automatic and come naturally.
Kere= Is like Kir but no one can learn the same kere, everyone else will learn their own Kere.
Kirkergaurd=Are special weapon attacks learned after using a weapon for a certain amount of time.
Kirta= Rare Kitra, there are very few of the same kind of spell.
Also everyone that learns magic will automatically have the spell called "Magic Glitter" which is a spell that shoots out magical glitter, it's an attack and it attacks one enemy. There are more variations of this spell, but this one comes first. So everyone will have this spell!

You can also use magic from any other game too, from runes to mana eggs! But they have to come from another world!

Afinities
Everyone has an affinity for something!
There is elemental affinity, Yin & yang affinity, weapon affinity and Celestial affinity.
Elemental Affinity is the affinity for elemental magic, everyone has an element they are best at and one that they are good at. The rest they are okay with.
The magical elements are Fire, Water, Wind, Earth and lightning.

Yin & Yang affinity is Light or Dark, so basically is your character better with holy magic or darkness magic?

Weapon affinity just means is your character a magican, a fighter or in between? There is Attack ( fighter type), Magic (magician type) and Attagic ( a fighter and magician type of character)

Celestial Affinity is an alignment with the stars, there is the Sun affinity, Star Affinity (is in between) and Moon affinity. These affinities are unkown on what they do (cause in reality I never figured out what they would be for XD)

Magic Usage
Magical Kitra, the person may only hold 10 magic Kitra. You can replace a Kitra with another however.
Kirkergaurd- A character can hold up to three attack moves per weapon.
Kir and Kere- Are unlimited since they come naturally. But you can't naturally get one every 10 minutes, they come sparingly.

Class
There are no classes, but if you'd like. Your character can have a class, there are however attack types. you can choose weather the character is more of an attacker, magician or in between.

I have to say, this is a pretty interesting roleplay. :D I especially like how you have a list of battle concepts written out. What you should do, though, is put a limit on things like the magic. There are players who might make their characters way too god-like with teh magicz. Will people be divided by class? Such as the fighter (that mainly relies on the weapon) and the mage who, of course, relies on magic. So, perhaps, if the fighters use magic, limit them to two or three abilities and with the mages, 3-5? Something along those lines. But I like things organized that way because I hate things getting chaotic in the OOC world. xD

Also, I LOVE your weapon list. A flyswatter? Banana peel? It's epic. Very epic.

You'll also want a creature list to put under the population tidbit. You probably had that in mind already though? ;)

Most of the planet is grassy area, however there are other terrains. It might be cool to make some other towns that live on those other terrains! Like if there's ice terrain, there are people tolerant of the cold and practice ice magic there. People from every part of Ibipoff gather to put their skills together and stop the kidnapper!

Do you know why their energy is being used, or is it a secret? :o If it is a secret even to the roleplayers, it's fun to put teasers in the OOC thread as the RP goes along. Or even in character! Find clues to lead them to the villain(s).

I hope some of my ideas helped. This is a neat-o roleplay you've got concocting. I'll gladly assist you in any way I can. Let me know if you want help putting up the OOC; there are many examples to base off of in the OOC section though. :) Go for it, dude!

Not TOO much organization! I feel like if the thing is too organized then adventurers won't be able to join all randomotically. They'd have to make up back stories and reasons why they stick around and blah blah blah. But if that is what is desired then what ever. Keep the organization loose-ish for ADVENTURE! But that magic thing is probably a good idea.

My mind already started making a character idea once I started reading this thing. It sounds like it could be a big adventure type deal. I will be keeping my eyeball on it.

Thanks for the advice!

I have added a tiny more to the population, and the land of ibipoff.

I did add magical usage and classes in the concept spoiler.

That's awesome! :3 I like that you called the icy terrain Shiv.
Shiva is my favourite summoned monster in Final Fantasy. >>

I couldn't think of anything, and I was thinking about Shiva, so yeah... XD

Works for me. Naming villages and whatnot can be a pain sometimes. XD

Can't wait to see this up. Fantasy genre, yes?