upload_2017-8-26_3-41-57-png.144216
It wasn't looking good for the pirate woman. Could perhaps the mage right next to her help her? All that mattered in this very moment was the splinter. The more she moved, the worse it got. Groaning and moaning in pain, the pain intensified. Even if she was losing blood, she could almost see the situation around her.

Keeping her eyes on the mage who tackled her to safety, the atmosphere changed. A group of people had arrived to defuse the situation at hand. To deal with the humans who were going berserk. Though by now, even if her green orbs were fixated on these people, she could barely keep her eyes open.

"Some--" Faora tried telling the red haired mage next to her that someone was approaching them. Confused and in pain, all the brunette could do was to listen to the man that had come to their aid, or at least her.

Without batting an eye, the man from the Arcane Council quickly gave Faora's body a thorough look. "She's lost too much blood." He pointed out, before he pushed the red haired mage to the side. "I'll handle this."

"Don't worry, I'm a mage.. I'm here to help." The man spoke up, looking at both Faora and the red haired mage.

Moving to the respective side where the injury was, he had a good look at the splinter. The injury had become grave over time and the look on this particular local mage could easily verify that. "Alright, while I heal her and stop the bleeding, keep an eye out miss!" Having experience with magic, he began by pulling out the splinter. In turn, Faora screamed, arching in his direction.

She took a hold of his arm, tightening her grip in pain. "Don't worry, the worst part is over." The local mage closed his eyes and his hand that held the splinter glowed for a second.

"You should have told me that.. Ugh--" Faora added, but the man helping her out could only give out a soft laugh.

"If I did, I'd have a harder time pulling it out!"

"Time to patch you up, lady!" The loss of blood was something he couldn't help with, but he could at least pull out anything that remained inside her body from the splinter he held in his hand for a brief second. The healing began and Faora was much more easier to handle now.

Once the healing was done, or what healing the man could do, he once again, looked at the red haired mage. "You!, Take her somewhere safe. But remember, she isn't fully healed yet, but I've done what I could in order to save her life!"

"By the way.. Name's Jol." Standing up, the Arcane Council member left to find others who were injured or required his help in the vicinity.

Last edited:
Jg60U4v.png

The woman was bleeding. Anais' eyes widened when she noticed the woman's hands. So much red. It didn't look good and the pyromancer was no healer. She'd dabbled with alchemy and potions here and there but her creations had always been used for destructive purposes. "Oh Gods, we need to get you help." Forgetting her own, much less serious injuries, Anais struggled to her feet and fought back the tide of fear that told her to just call it quits and run. Her parents were the heroes of Ivalon, and the least she could do was help save one frigging person. "Here, I'll... I'll help you stand. You're going to be okay! Really, so don't worry! Just focus on your breathing! That's right, you're doing great!"

Anais screamed out the words with passion and intensity but they were a little more than lies.

She didn't know if things would be okay but a miracle happened. Soldiers and civilians alike emerged from the chaos. They were armed with ropes and batons and made quick work of the rabid infected who'd been running amok just moments ago.

"We need help!" By then Anais had assisted Faora to her feet. She had one arm around the woman's waist while her free hand held onto the woman's arm. She'd slung Foara's arm over her shoulder and was carrying the brunt of the woman's weight but they'd yet to move when a healer began to approach them. Anais' skinned palms stung but she held firm. "Here, over here!"

The man made quick work of Faora's injuries. He pulled out the splinter and told Anais to take her somewhere safe.

The worst of it was over, the woman wasn't dying today or anytime soon.

"Thank you! I'll definitely keep her safe, you can count on me!" Once again slinging Faora's arm over her shoulder, the two of them hobbled away from the battlefield with all the grace of a three-legged penguin. "You'll be fine, you've got this!"

• Love
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Warden and Akashi
gRvqmUM.png
He could feel it. The creaking of his bones. The twisting of his muscles. The expansion of his lungs. The eruption of his heart. Every part of his body fought, pulsated, pushing everything out so the titan beneath him would finally fall over.

But even bound by many others, the hulk of a man proved a more than match, the alchemical draughts' effects still doing little to stifle his aggression. Guards were pulled to and fro by his erratic movements, and, legs wrapped around the torso, it was taxing for Jagred just to hold on. There had to be a way to topple the man. A way to bring him to the ground, where the power generated from his legs would be reduced. Some genius way. Some miraculous technique. Some wonderful teamwork.

There weren't such options though, and so, as usual, Jagred bruteforced it, tightening his chokehold even further as nonsensical words strained out of the bestial man's mouth, trying to strangle what felt like a tree trunk. Without the quarter guard, he have been smashed into any number of still existing carts. Without the quarter guard, it was questionable if he could even down the man to begin with. And, once he started thinking like that, Jagred decided that he had nothing to complain about.

Incrementally, the man's movements became more and more sluggish. The nonsense about a fantastical family situation turned from a stream to a trickle. The skin that remained on his face turned purple. The eyes that had been clouded with fury had rolled back.

And, moments later, the hulk collapse to his knees, falling forward.

Only then did Jagred release his hold, still sitting on the infected man's back in case he came back to consciousness immediately.

Another day, another challenge.

4oV8xfd.png
Lawrence braced himself for impact but the thundering charge never came. A single gold eye opened to see the massive threat halted, bound by a bundle of ropes thrown by armored men. The Solistian scrambled to his feet, getting out of range of the infected man's grasp. The young man gazed in a distorted mix of surprise, awe, and sadness. He couldn't look away from the man's face, his eyes searching for any form of humanity. Yet, as much as Lawrence looked not even a flicker could be found, only the rabid eyes of a creature. It hurt.

Why? What happened to them? He had never seen a biological disease like this, not even from his village healers. It disturbed the kind-hearted Solistian. He hated to see people suffer. Not if Lawrence could help it. But right now, Lawrence wasn't sure he could. And he could do lots of things.

Magic or miracles just wasn't one of them.

But he could help now. Clearly, he didn't understand the gravity of the disease these people had, else he may have withheld his reckless actions. But this was not a time for regret.

The Solistian located his gun forgotten among the rubble and grabbed it, checking the chamber.

Still loaded. Hehe.

Blast loads were always fun. Best yet? They stunned. Kinda like getting hit with a ball, except instead of bouncing off the charge went off, messing with the nerve response. It may not do much to this rabid folk, but it could certainly slow them down.

Whipping around, Lawrence let off a few rounds, hitting a few of the infected individuals attacking the tree spirit. He advanced, hoisting his other pistol into action. His goal was to prevent the infected from getting any further from the surrounding area as he could. As well as not dying. That was always a goal.

WXk0z4N.png

Each second, Vesara felt the agonizing pain rush through her body as the infected clawed at her vines, wrenching against them with a unnatural fury in an attempt to free themselves. As more came, so did more vines, erupting from underneath the now cracked cobbles, ensnaring them to the point Vesara no longer could, spread thin throughout the pathway as she ensnared the four approaching her.

When the guards emerged, a wave of relief washed over her. She saw them approach the infected, beginning to lasso and bind them wherever they could, allowing her vines to recoil one by one, returning to her being. The pain still coursed through her, even as her last vine left the infected, her body forming in full once again. Where once had been sturdy legs, now lay a mangled mesh of loose, damaged vines, causing Vesara to collapse to what had once been her knees.

"Hey, tree lady! Are you okay? We're almost there." The words rung through the air, VEsara's amber eyes scanning to the source. It was one of the helping guards, paying her a passing glance as he continued to subdue the infected. "It is nothing I cannot heal." She spoke simply, eyes closing. There were still infected around, true, but Vesara was in no position to continue her efforts; she had become highly damaged, and bid herself to heal for a moment, enough to return the integrity to her limbs.

Xl38MqH.png

Damn it… Liberty looked around, taking in the situation as the arcane torrent rained from above, forcing the infected into the corners of the room. The one she had been fighting got flung back, pushed with the rest as she kicked it away, all her strength leaving her to go down to one knee. A cough left her, a small trickle of blood from one of the harder hits she took sputtering onto the floor with it, a frown forming on her lips.

As the new blood-curdling cry erupted from the infected, she found herself covering her ears, trying to drown the noise out before her ears cracked under the pressure. It sent a chill down her spine, informing her of the severity of the situation as she began to drag herself across the room. She needed some more cover; the last stall she had been behind was crushed by the infected that she repelled, but there was cover near by.

Finally diving behind a counter, she found herself taking a deep breath, looking around at the others behind the stall. Most seemed to be civilians; people simply hiding from the wrath of these infernal creatures, trying to not get killed or seriously maimed. But there was a familiar face; the posh girl from earlier, currently down behind the counter with them.

"Fancy seeing you again." She chuckled, reloading her guns as they sat behind it. "Tell me, I never did catch your name, so what is it youngling?" She asked, placing her guns back in their holsters, prepared for a new fight if need be.​
@Warden

6tiTVHp.png

Estefania had just turned around from defending the eastern corner of the stall when a familiar – and still somewhat unwelcome – visage entered her line of sight. Honestly, she wasn't inclined to reply, having had nearly half her face scratched off by a tough-skinned plaguebearer. But courtesies must be repaid; House Villanueva never leaves a debt unfulfilled, no matter how trifling. With a deep sigh, the fencer answered, "It's Condesa Estefania Iniguez de Villanueva to you."

And before any further exchange can take place…

The Arcane Council descended upon the first floor, led by a towering, statuesque figure that could only be the Magemother of legend. Their faces were shrouded in darkness under their thick hooded robes, but their forms emanated vibrant energy, their movements precise and sure. Charms and baubles reacted to the presence of such fonts of power, glowing and shaking and jangling – adding a soft, persistent clattering beat to the noise in the room. The infected showed a baffling resistance to magic, true, but the Council members and their famed leader were no mere sorcerers – they were the finest practitioners of the craft in Luzvimin, maybe even Luhain itself. A flash of light and! The Great Hall shook from the display of power and intense synergy the mages simultaneously hurled at their targets. Winds howled as they whipped frenzied bodies away, and water obeyed when it was ordered to turn into ice. The battered civilians watched from behind an encompassing barrier as the Magemother – flickering in and out of sight within the blizzard she conjured– brought the wrath of winter down on the infected.

In no time what caused so much violence in the hall was gone, almost as if it had never existed in the first place. The barriers melted down like warm syrup, and everyone beheld an icy tableau, grotesque forms stampeding toward the same direction with wild, now preserved, fury – the wind crisp with the last echoes of the magical tempest. The Magemother regarded her creation before nodding at three of her fellows, who turned on their heels and headed to the staircase, this time to head down the restricted basement. The sorceress, a head taller over even the most imposing persons in the crowd, turned and briskly announced, "Go home. Obviously, the Magic Circle is no longer in any state to provide assistance." Without further explanation, the archmage returned to her silent watch over the frozen horde, as if they would break free from being flash-frozen at the slightest nudge. The rest of the Arcane Council filed out through the door and into the collapsed Bazaar, to provide any and all forms of assistance - and mitigation - they can.

After half an hour, the situation had been fixed. The contained plaguebearers were collectively brought down to the Circle's lower chambers, where a third of the Council were assigned to create sturdy wards to prevent another outbreak. The dazed survivors, wherever they are, were free to go wherever they wished.

If they could even walk.

And so the chaotic events of that afternoon folded, yet there was no doubt that it will live on as the talk of the small city for days - even weeks - to come. As the clear skies burned to a deeper mixture of red, violet, and orange - heralding the descent of night - those who desired to reflect upon the day's events - or any other activity they so wish to engage in - had ample opportunity to do so.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Remmy Rose
Jg60U4v.png

The day had ended and they had survived. The bazaar before them had lost its festive gleam and broken stalls and debris littered the cobblestone path before her. If the council hadn't stepped in, they would have been done for.

Admiration and a tinge of envy bubbled up inside her. One day, she wanted to be powerful and efficient, just like those mages—just like her parents. She wanted it so badly that it hurt. Today, she'd only proven how inefficient and weak she really was. Standing beside Faora, surrounded by the wreckage, she found that the only useful thing left for her to do was to assist her injured hero. Anais gazed up at the taller woman, and forced a smile.

"Damn, if it hadn't been for the council members, I don't know what would have happened to us." She was silent for a moment. "So, um, are you feeling better? That injury looked real bad. Hey, if you've got anywhere you need to be, I can take you there. Seriously, it won't be any trouble. Y'know, just to make sure you're alright. Oh, and almost forgot! Thanks for saving me back there. Name's Anais, Pyromancer extraordinaire! The Awesome Alchemist of Ivalon!" Not really, but she knew the lines well. Yelled it out whenever she met someone new. It was taking more out of her than usual, yelling out cheers when she felt she'd rather do something else, but as always, it was easier to do than think about the gravity of the situation they'd gotten themselves in earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Warden
bgtZBoM.png

Groaning, and rubbing the back of her still-somewhat reeling head. Though the initial pain and dizziness had subsided, Victoria could still feel a reeling sensation at the back of her noggin, her steps a tad shaky and her grip on Virtue more than sloppy, the brute must've left more than a bruise on her head to make her feel such a prolonged irritating experience, or maybe she's just too fragile. Most probably the latter of the two. Even when the healer did aid her in recovering back to her wits earlier. A tinge of regret filled the young knight's heart as she balled one of her hands into a fist, her eyes watching on earnestly as the former chaos of the bazaar was steadily remedied by the troop of guards and their allies. She harrumphed, "I helped too, ya know..." plaguing her thoughts as she stomped somewhere else in the bazaar, trying to clear her mind off of things. She sighed as she gazed at the sky, twilight greeting her eyes as she felt almost entranced by the warm array of colors adorning the horizon, Victoria nodded once and a soft smile crept up on her visage again. After all, a wise man once said that it was better to lose count while naming your blessings than to lose your blessings counting your troubles after all. Or something to that effect.

Absentmindedly and aimlessly walking around a section of the fucking ruined bazaar, the knight felt forlorn seeing how distraught the marketplace had become even after the evil plaguing them had been rid of. Was it just her, or did the bazaar become a lot more intimidating all of a sudden? Destroyed stalls of goods and sundries, both mundane and mystical strewn about in the pavement, their contents spilling on the ground. Civilians both Magical and human already talking rumors and having their gossip fly from one person to another with their chit-chat. It all gave the bazaar this aura, a feeling of dread that would coat the area for times to come, Victoria quivered for a bit. Hopefully the atmosphere will be livelier again, say, uhh...soon?

"W-Well, I did aid in returning that child to his mother...and...uh, I did kind of apprehend that arsonist-kidnapper hybrid from earlier, oh! Oh! A-And I got to whack some infected heads in! Yeah!"

Victoria nervously laughed as she mused at her own recollection of today's events. Though the laughter subsided when she realized she could be asking about Stefan's whereabouts right about now. Around the corner of her eye however, she spotted a familiar hulking figure, minding his own business. Jagred, right? She wasn't the best at remembering names but he left quite an impression with his feats of strength earlier, the knight can't even remember correctly if she properly thanked him for his hard work and assistance, now seemed to be an opportune moment to do both that and ask if he had seen her brother. Lightly running and waving towards the strapping young man, Victoria called out his name and approaching him.

"Jagred, correct? Hunter and muscle-for-hire? It's me, Victoria. Listen, I would just like to thank you for your help earlier, there was no way I could've caught that hoodlum from earlier without you!"

Victoria beamed a smile at the tall man, and wholeheartedly expressing her gratitude to the man. She shifted a tad in her position, hoping that she wasn't a bother in the slightest and that if he had any important plans for today, promised that she wouldn't take up much of his time.

"You see...I'm looking for someone. Someone important, and I would be in your debt if you were to give me any semblance of a clue to the whereabouts of this person. He's around six foot tall, mane of spiky blonde hair, got a scar around the bridge of his nose, always clad in steel armor and lugs around a claymore."

A gleam of hope appeared in the eyes of Victoria, eagerly awaiting the answer of the redhead man before her.

4oV8xfd.png
Gold eyes appraised the slow recovery within the market. It had only been hours ago that chaos had reigned here, yet the people worked diligently to salvage and repair what damages they could. Lawrence had offered to help, and while a few citizen gave him a quiet look no one said a word. After some thought, the Solistian had come to an understanding that his actions had been reckless despite the good intentions behind them. They served to get a lot of people hurt. It wounded him to realize this, the lad never wanted to hurt anyone. Hurting people was not in his nature. Lawrence sought to help people, to aid them in their endeavors and challenges. It was a full filling task, something that filled Lawrence with a warm bubbling feeling.

Not this dark cloud. It felt as if a storm were raging in his chest, the very atmosphere crushing his lungs. Was this guilt? Probably. The young lad was leaning against a low stone wall, ignoring the various stinging and aching injuries. He had been lucky. Only scraps and bruises, nothing serious, though he would gladly trade places with any of the more dire patients. By nature, Solistians were hardy people, able to withstand harsh conditions and a good deal of abuse. Much like other races that shared similar home lands.

Easing off the wall with a grimace, Lawrence shoved his hands into his pockets and began to walk. He had yet to deliver the package as promised and rather get that done then sit and sulk any longer. A sad mind was a dangerous mind, best to keep it occupied. There were other things to worry about.

Like what the hell the disease was. It's very presence brought chills to his bones. It was foreign. Alien. And it was dangerous. Where did it come from? That's what Lawrence wanted to know. Was it natural? Or... was it crafted? Lawrence could recall some witch doctors in his home land that could create cures as well as deadly curses and disease. Of course, they were sworn never to make them but sometimes their abilities were needed. Unfortunately, Lawrence had limited knowledge on such a topic and wished he had paid it more attention. Maybe the Magemother and her fellow magic users would know?

He would have to visit the Circle to see if he could find answers. In the morning though. As sturdy and adventurous as Lawrence was, even he knew his limits. He needed rest.

• Love
Once the cavalry had arrived, things seemed to turn out for the better. Now, after the mess from earlier, the bazaar looked different. Debris and wreckage everywhere she could see. The pain in her body had subsided, but it could still be felt. Standing with the red hair mage, she couldn't help but take a look around at the market.

The view was saddening, and her expression could clearly verify what she felt in that very moment. Her hand was placed on the ribs, right above the injury. Listening to the mage next to her, the only thing the pirate woman could do - was to smile. "Heheeheh.." Laughing was not a good idea.

"Yeah, thanks to the Arcane Council."

It was not good for her ribs, and her coughing at the same time would give that away. She very much enjoyed the energy of the woman next to her. Anais was her name. Finally, Faora knew the name of the mage who burned the stall earlier when daylight was present. Now, it was night time and hours had passed. Everyone was safe, or at least those who were injured only to a minor extent.

"Mhm, tell me about it.." Faora agreed. Her injury was pretty dangerous. "I like your energy, Anais.. And no, no need to thank me.. I mean, you saved me as well." The brunette took a step forward, gazing at the stars. A sigh escaped her lips.

"Anyhow.. I'm glad its over.."

Turning back, a smile was plastered on her face. "My name is Faora Kaynord, at your service!" Playing along, she too, introduced herself in a flashy way. Anais very much reminded her about herself. However, at that point, it came to her. The Albatross. her captain - Nero Greyhart. She was to get supplies for their ship.

"Oh.. Oh crap!" Her green eyes widened at the sudden realization that she messed up. "Since you promised me you'd take me somewhere, how about you help me get to the Albatross?"

Before Anais could give a response, Faora continued. "Don't worry, you'll like it.. Come on." Faora needed to let them know about the unfortunate event that unfolded earlier. Her injury and more.

gRvqmUM.png
At this point, would the boar even fetch a decent price? Once the infected man had been carted off, the only thing Jagred was was tired and hungry. Maybe he should just cook the boar himself now, instead of getting the paltry sum that a battered and abused corpse would get. With a slight grunt, the red-haired savage tossed the wild pig over his shoulder once more, a familiar burden now, and turned to leave, when the pink-haired knight from before approached him once more, gratitude flowing easily from her lips.

It warranted a smile, at least, when it turned out that she spoke those words simply to butter him up to the crux of the matter. So she was hunting another mercenary? Perhaps a former one, now on the run? Blonde hair, tall, and with a great sword didn't bring up any particular face in mind. As a matter of fact, what was more troublesome with that description was that there was an abundance of men with blonde hair, scars, and a great sword in Jagred's line of business.

"No need to give me more credit than necessary, Lady Knight. Even without my help, I'm confident that one with skills such as yours would have apprehended the pyromaniac,"
Jagred nodded once, tone nothing but sincere. "As for such a man though…it is easy to picture individuals that bear such a resemblance, but there are none that hold all the attributes that you have described. Unfortunately, the one you seek isn't uncommon within my line of work."

He anticipated the loss of that hopeful light.

"If I were to chance upon such an individual though, shall I report his appearance to the nearest guard station?"

bgtZBoM.png

Victoria's beaming smile and hopeful eyes slowly began to become downcast and a frown adorned her face when Jagred didn't happened to have chanced upon Stefan. She sighed, closing her eyes, mentally damning her brother for not sticking out like a sore thumb. "Curses..." , she mutters to herself. When the big guy brought up his suggestion, the knight's eyes began to look optimistic again,

"If...if it's not a bother, would you be so kind as to do so, Jagred?"

The flower knight had it in good heart and faith that he would, and with luck and time Stefan would finally reveal his whereabouts soon. Although she had hoped that the redheaded youth would have stumbled upon him, his lack of information was not all worthless and his compliment definitely put a smile on her face again. A soft blush rising to her cheeks and making her shift even more in her position, nervously laughing it off like it wasn't anything big. The rookie could see that it was starting to become dark already, time flying by quicker than she had anticipated, and the recent string of events did leave her tired and more than weary. She thanked Jagred once more with a courtesy and excused herself,

"Before I leave I would just like to thank you once more, and with luck...I can hope that our paths will cross again."

And with that, the rookie began to take off, her feet carrying her to someplace else in search of an inn or tavern, something that can accommodate her and let her sleep under a roof, maybe have breakfast or lunch too. The girl yawned and stretch, walking away from the mess of the bazaar, wanting to remove all the fatigue it has caused her within the day.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Fox of Spades
Chapter I
A Merry Band of...

Like a wildfire, speculations lit the city of Aesyth following the catastrophic incident which left its grandiose Bazaar in tatters and the regal, all-powerful Magic Circle closed to all visitors. Some whispered that the tower shut its doors so that the Arcane Council could focus on healing the plaguebearers. Other more unsavory individuals insisted that the Magemother intended for the creatures, which possessed a clear resistance to magic, to serve as testing subjects for whatever horrendous experiment mages did in their spare time. There was rarely an hour, in any public establishment, where the topic shifted to anything else. And for good reason.

Humans, struck with a vicious madness, forms devoured by a mass of pulsing red growth. The images that the witnesses shared of the event were prime fuel for the grapevine. Even the hardened guards, who had been cooperating with the arcanists while tending to the fires of the wreckage, returned to their homes with new lines on their weathered faces. It was the stuff of nightmares, so very rarely seen in such a peaceful and well-maintained locale. The citizenry could hardly be expected to react to this in a positive manner.

Despite the growing mix of rumors and whispers, either for or against the Magic Circle and whatever godforsaken entity granted Aesyth this disaster, operations for those affected were implemented smoothly. During the day itself, the wounded civilians—no deaths, luckily—were transferred to the care of the off-site healers in the city proper, with reinforcements from the tower dropping in during the evening to assist in the medical effort. The guards and several volunteers worked day and night to quell the fires in the Bazaar and clean the site of any residual damage. Even the merchants, a number of whom had most of their merchandise destroyed in the chaos, quickly relocated to the outer perimeter of the Bazaar to sell whatever they were fortunate—or resourceful— enough to carry.

Due to the nature of the situation, Aesyth was placed under a "soft lockdown" the following morning by none other than the Magemother, who was the unofficial ruling power in the city. The tourists who had visited the place for the Circle's services had to wait until the institution was ready to return to service—which she promised will only take a short time, her deepest apologies for the inconvenience—no matter who they were, or the amount of the object they had left in the Circle's care. Visitors were allowed, but the names of those who had witnessed the events at the tower were taken by the City Watch to explain the outbreak. Even after that—and there were a lot of statements to write, the guards were under enough pressure as it is—the people in question were still required to stay until the tower had reopened.

c6fe9595fa820e44968e50007cd263fd.jpg

Three days have passed.

It was early in the morning. Even though the proceedings had gone slower than planned, it seemed as though the authorities have finally reached the end of their tasks. Rumor has it that the Magic Circle will finally resume services later in the day, much to the relief of the stranded shoppers and enthusiasts. The Bazaar no longer had rich plumes of smoke wafting up every now and then, and the slow process of rebuilding began for the iconic district.

The day was yours to spend.

ld0SB9c.png

Traveling the roads for several days a woman in a red dress carrying a parasol and a travelers suitcase the woman had heard many strange tails on the road to the Circle. It had seemed her partners in the organization and it's branches, coupled with her own intuition had stumbled across something rather major, something worthy of her attention. From stories of the dead walking, people with red pulsing growths, the city on fire and rag tag adventures, the story seemed to get more and more grand the closer she got, though a few factors were always aligned..

Walking up to the city gate on this side, it seemed a limited lockdown was in effect, mostly towards those going than staying, searches were conducted, a few people were pulled aside for physical inspection, goods were documented. It seemed fairly normal for a city that had to deal with some unrest. Speaking of that, from the mummers she picked up on it seemed the Circle was still closed but would be open later on this day... Waiting her turn paitently in line, the woman signs her name in the book with a rather pointed smile, continuing through the gates;

Yadira Arella Rahman Reyes.

Wandering in past the gate, it seemed there had indeed been a fire, but much smaller than some on the road had reported. As she gathered her information, Yadira even spoke with a few of the guards on duty that day, using her position and badge in the Journeyman Protectors to it's upmost worth, the facts all pointed to this matter needing to be better observed. It was possible that the witnesses to this were the cause of it themselves, though unlikely as that might be. Though the information she had was not enough to make judgements and more detailed information would be needed from the higher-ups, something she was not of the rank to just request and more attention than she would want would be grabbed by it.

The nature of what sort of people they were fell well within the Journeyman's code. Plus a few tales for the road would do the minstrel rather well as she traveled the lands, either way she still needed to meet with the local Lucieri guild and she had just arrived in the city after days of travel... Smiling and humming to herself, she did have a public appearance to keep up anyways and the best way to run into these would be heroes or desperate survivors would be to just play her part. With a mental profile of a few of those who were involved in the happening, Yadira heads for the Bazar, making her way towards the Tower the Mages called home... It also so happened to be close to where she was truly traveling towards.

"Flowers for sale! Or song and tales if you prefer! Roses from the far corners of the Empire, Sunflower Seeds that will grow Mammoths taller than a man, herbs and saplings! Bring the beauty of nature to your home today! Cheap prices! So why not help a Minstrel continue her Travels?! Or maybe you have a tale you would like immortalized into song and the historical record!?"

Shouting her slogan as traveling Minstrel and flower seller, she at least learned a couple of songs along the way. Though her smile and general aura seemed at odds with the presentation she was giving. Keeping her eyes peered the smiling woman studies the faces in the crowds, listening to conversations as she passed, all the while carrying her parasol in hand as she walked around with a portion of her suitcase, showing off the wares she sold. Which true to claim were mostly flowers, seeds and a few herbs here and there.

Last edited:
  • Love
Jg60U4v.png

Did she really want him to worry? Anais stared at the sheet of paper she held in her hands and at the troubling words she had penned down earlier. I'm okay, it was scary but I met a friend and I think I'll be just fine! She'd ended the letter on an optimistic note, but she doubted it would quell her uncle's worries. He was always fussing over every little thing - a frazzled father duck through and through. She missed him, and during the past three days, she'd missed him and the familiarity of Ivalon even more. For the first time since she left home, Anais was utterly homesick.

If it hadn't been for Faora and her crew's company, the pyromancer would have crumbled as soon as the craziness at the bazaar had come to an end. The chaos had broken out only three days ago, but already, it felt much longer than that. She'd spent the past few days tagging along with Faora and admiring the ship and how wonderful it was.

One day, she would build great inventions of clockwork and wood too!

Making her way to the railings, she peered out at the streets below. Finally, all looked well with the world once more. "Faora!" She called out. "I'm gonna go check the bazaar, you wanna come with? Looks like everything's all good now so I wanna check it out. Y'know, slink round the perimeter, learn more about those weird things we fought. Think of it as an intelligence gathering mission! You pirate do that, right? Gathering intel?" Anais was back to her usual rambly and loud self.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
gRvqmUM.png
An extra set of hands never hurt any project, and considering the flames that had burst to life during that faithful day, Jagred, hunter and muscle-for-hire, had nothing but an excess of work. From fighting fires to evacuating still trapped citizens to drawing water to hunting for food to watching out for looters to cooking, the red-haired Lidaran had a comfortably full schedule, in spite of the grim and tedious work it was to haul buckets of water or cartloads of dirt to stifle the flames. The 'volunteer' nature of the work bothered him little, and by the end of the great fire fight, he was happy enough with how the bazaar was open to the fellow man once more, that familiar, comfortable scenery of a bustling marketplace making his work over the past few days' worth it.

Though his fellow volunteers had already retired to their quarters after a small party on the night the flames were cast off the face of the earth, Jagred was still out and about, bare feet slapping against the stone path. Soot still clung to his clothing, the musk of sweat and smoke lingering even after bathing in the river, but by now, the savage was nose-deaf, more interested in passing his time peacefully on an arbitrarily decided rest day than purging himself of the 'scar' that remained after a 'battle'.

After all, surely it couldn't be THAT bad if merchants were tossing freebies at him while he walked by?

With a loaf of bread, a bunch of bananas, a slice of dried goat, and jar of jam already filling his basket, Jagred headed down a new street when an unfamiliar pitch sounded. Selling stories? Now that was interesting. And the appearance of the woman was even stranger. A foreign pattern in her dress, and hair the color of leaves. A strange woman indeed.

Pulling out that jar of strawberry jam from his basket, Jagred held it out to her, smiling slightly. "Jam for stories? More edible than money and has more flavor than rations."

It had been what? Three days? Yes. Since the incident with the sick, both Faora and Anais had left to spend some time on the Albatross; The Pirate ship and crew the brunette was a part of. Even if other matters caught her attention more than what her original goal was at the market, she could now, at the very least, blame it on the unfortunate event that injured her.

However, it was not surprising. The news about the event had boomed all over Aesyth and probably Luzvimin as well. So her crew, and her Captain; Nero Greyhart knew about it. What they didn't know though, was that Faora was at the center of it. They were still, glad that she got the help she needed.

Not only that, a friend of Faora, is a friend of the crew. Anais got exceptional service on the ship. If anything, Faora's pirate family were quite thankful to Anais for saving her. But it went both ways. They saved eachother more than once when the sick broke loose from their shackles.

Still, she was, in private, scolded by their Captain. Even if she could handle herself, Faora was known for ending up in trouble even if it did not concern her. Eventually, she told her crew that she may be leaving the ship for a while. Faora was extremely curious about what happened to the sick or why they were in a frenzy.

Her and her adventurous spirit. Her mysterious and keen mind. Her curious expression and thoughts. There was no way out of this. The Albatross would continue their journey across Luhain, and Faora knew very well on how to contact them if neccessary. The crew was just another home for her, other than her family back in Gualtierrez.

Approaching Anais, the fiery mage, she stood next to her, by the railings, looking at the streets below while the red haired spoke up. With her green orbs, she gazed at her with a curious expression. "But of course.. I mean.." She tilted her head back, gazing at the crew around the ship, before giving Anais her attention once more.

"I'm not sure if they'd gather intel like I do but.. I am curious as well. I want to know what happened to them.. Maybe we'll find out something else in the process too.. Right? There has to be more.." Her excitement took a hold of her and she couldn't help but continue to express her feelings.

Talking too much still had an effect on her ribs, her injury. Yes, it was healed, but she could still feel the pain. Groaning ever so slightly, her hand touched the injury. "Hehehe.. I shouldn't speak much.. Not yet anyway. So.. Anais, shall we.. Gather that intel?"

4oV8xfd.png
Lawrence dropped coins onto the counter as he passed the Inn Keeper, handing the lass his key as he went by. With a cheerful smile, the Solistian slipped out the door and into the bustling streets. The red-haired young man took a moment to enjoy the murmur of voices and rolling carts that mulled about, glad to find the city—more or less—back to normal. The chaos that erupted three days ago still left a mark on the young man, well, more than the yellowing bruises on his backside. Lawrence liked to think the world was a beautiful place and often times his rosy tinted view stayed true. Rarely did he ever encounter situations such as this. It disturbed him and Lawrence was rarely ever disturbed.

It wasn't in his nature. Then again, it wasn't in his nature to brood either. Which was why he decided to get a move on. The day was nice a beautiful, there were tasty smells in the air, and still so much to see of the city. As much as Lawrence wanted to find out that cause of the illness the Solistian it would be wise to enjoy the day first before investigating further. Besides, he was hungry.

The golden eyes roved around for a bit, looking for some food that fancied his taste. And perhaps the lightened weight of his purse too. It probably wouldn't hurt to check around for oddball jobs later to put some more copper, silver, and gold in his pocket. A casual stroll down the main street provided plenty of things to entertain the young Solistian, attention jumping from a stand full of exotic rugs to an old lady selling delicately made pottery. It was nice and reminded Lawrence of home, bringing a warm smile to his face.

"I wouldn't mind a bowl of Miss Marley's fish stew right now," Lawrence mused allowed, making his way toward the harbor. He suddenly had a desire to see the ocean again, even if he had spent at least a month on its blue waters. And perhaps find a stand that was selling fish, the best way to a scratch was to scratch one of course and if Lawrence wanted fish then by the gods he would find some.

Some minutes later, the redhead found himself the salty air of the harbor market, his hungry eyes catching sight of rows of freshly caught fish just waiting for someone to come take them home. "That's more like it!" Lawrence drooled, idling up to admire the catch of the day. "Two Reefbacks please," The Solistian requested, drawing up the last two pieces of silver he owned.

W04DJyB.png

Long, rabbity ears twitched nervously as Vi hovered in line to enter Aesyth. The crowd at the gates had thinned considerably compared to yesterday but the tiny Magical was still trying to muster the courage to enter the city surrounded by imposing walls. She regretted her decision to come but it was far too late. The person in front of her had already passed through the gates.

"Next!"

Eyes the colour of May skies widened to their fullest, giving her the appearance of a very frightened deer. Vi continued staring blankly at the guard as her mind continued offering her a plethora of excuses. No, I really must go, she wanted to say. I don't think I'm ready for this. Can I come back tomorrow?

Tomorrow, what a reassuring word that was. It promised of release for her fraying nerves. Yet she knew her conscience won't let her back down, especially when she had so much at stake. Adding an extra day for no reason was time wasted. She clenched her fist, trying her best to be much braver than she felt.

"NEXT!" the guard shouted a little louder.

"I - er … I - Fine! I'll do it!" she shouted as a tingling warmth flooded her system. Basking in the glow of her newfound courage, Vi straightened up and took a deep breath. She bunched her hands even tighter then zipped through the gates faster than a minnow in water. She would have kept at this pace too if the guard hadn't called out to her.

"OI! YOU THERE! WHAT'S YOUR NAME?"

Whipping her head around to answer his question proved to be a big mistake. Vi forgot to see where she was headed and she plunged straight into the jostling throng that was heading towards the bazaar. She fought to keep afloat but panic was setting in rapidly. "Aiyeeeeeee ~ !" she squeaked, thrusting a single hand high above the sea of heads. "Heeeeeeelp!" Her blue hand waved uselessly in the air several times before it disappeared out of sight.

"What did she say her name was again?" the puzzled guard asked his friend. "Aya something?"

"Aya Hellva," the other guard grunted. "Strange name."

"They're magicals. What do you expect?" the first guard added nonchalantly while recording down the name. "Hope the next ones aren't as weird."

***********​

A very disheveled merbunny escaped by latching onto the arm of a passer-by. Apologizing profusely for startling the man, Vi darted behind a barrel and hid there until she was sure her savior was gone. Only after the coast was clear, a less frazzled-looking Magical emerged from her hiding spot. Vi sighed with relief. Now that she was finally inside Aesyth and she wasn't freaking out, maybe things would be better from here on!

Feeling more optimistic than before, she hauled herself up the barrel and scanned the area for someone she could approach. It didn't take her long to spot a regal looking lady. Vi felt a little intimidated at first but, figuring that she had nothing to lose, the carbuncle cupped a hand round her mouth and started waving frantically. "Excuse me, Miss! Miss! Can you tell me where's the Magic Circle?"

Last edited:
Xl38MqH.png

3 days… She'd been here for that long, trapped inside these god forsaken walls. The city was suffocating, trapping her, holding her, much like the cells once did, back then. But this couldn't be the same, could it? This was no prison, it was an entire city; but all Liberty could envision was being trapped. She tossed and turned in her sleep, the dream of being trapped crossing her eyes once again, disturbing the form that lay beside her. It did not take long for the form to stir, a soft touch shaking Liberty from the thought as bleary eyes broke open, sitting up in a frenzy against the woman who shared her bed.

She had meant to leave the girl, but when they were closed in, she wasn't sure where else she could go. It would be soon she could leave though, she knew it. So, as she shook her head, absently letting the musings and worries of her companion fall on deaf ears, she began to stand from the bed, collecting her clothes and throwing them over pale skin. "It was nothing darling, just a slight nightmare." She smiled, fastening the buckles as she slid her babies into place, feeling right at home against her waist. She would get her answers today, from whoever she could, and then be on her way. "I should get going, this damned city should be back to normal now." She spoke, pulling on her boots. She could already hear the bustle outside; the carts, the crowds, even animals throughout the streets, going about whatever each person needed.

"Aww… you will come back for me though? Once it's all done?" Allora spoke up, hopeful eyes scanning Liberty's expression, one that quickly turned into a look of faked care. "Of course I am, you don't need to worry." She spoke, speaking with as much conviction as one blatantly lying could. It pained her to do so, Liberty didn't intend to be a bad person, she just wanted to protect everyone. No, that was wrong, she wanted to protect herself. "Ok, I'll be waiting." With a smile, Allora walked to her, placing a kiss to her soft lips before exiting the room, leaving libby once again with her thoughts.

It was time to get out of here, to get back to her normalcy. So, with a sigh, she stepped from the door, throwing silver and keys to the innkeep, paying him next to no attention as she exited the establishment, blasted full force by the already active crowd. The smell of it all; food, herbs, people, it filled her nose with a sense of home. For a brief moment, she could remember the streets of where she came from; where she grew up, what she did, the people that… No, she scolded herself, she couldn't think of them.

Her only concern was the tower, the circle, that was where Liberty would find the answers she was seeking. Surely they kept a record of who came in and out of the city; that was only basic security if they knew what they were doing. Now, getting knowledge of names in the records, that was a much harder decision. But this was a new Liberty; not only did she know that breaking into the security records of the mage circle was a horrible idea, but she didn't want to fall back into crime, she was done being on the run.

Her feet carried her quickly towards the large doors, where it all began three days ago. What had happened then? That curiosity clung to her mind, a leech that wouldn't shut up, the memory running through about those events. Maybe the circle would provide answers? She did not know, but as she approached the doors, their large frame remained filled, the great hall barred from entry. "Closed." She spoke, barely a whisper as her eyes scanned it, oblivious to those around her. "God damn it." She was nudged, looking over towards a guard. He stood there, looking down at her. "The circle will open soon, join the back of the queue." His words simple, Liberty turned her neck to see it; a queue to enter, at least 50 people already, so much waiting. But she wouldn't argue, it wasn't worth it. Unlike some in her profession, she knew when she had a losing hand. With a grumble, she walked to the end, standing in place until the doors would open, and the events of Aesyth would be in complete normality once again.