Requesting music recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
This song will give women chest hair

Now that would be an ugly sight

Do you like Godsmack? Give songs like Voodoo, Love Hate Sex Pain, Cryin like a Bitch, and a few other I can't think of a try. I'm listening to Voodoo right now.
I'm not a fan, but it's getting closer ;)

This song will give women chest hair

Hah, yeah these guys are pretty amazing. My first reaction when I heard of them was *Wait we make good music outside of some poppy guilty pleasure tracks?" 'cause I previously had no idea my country could do metal.

Is that.... Icelandic?
Dutch. Back to our barbarian roots. You know when we rode dinosaurs and shit.

Last edited:
All of Brovo's recs are solid.

Why are you not listening to In This Moment? :'C

Also everyone needs more Rob Zombie

Reactions: Brovo
Who here likes Bullet for my Valentine?

Absolutely love music myself, so hopefully my suggestions will be interesting to check out 8D. Just to throw out the contemporary stuff to suggest; Soundgarden, Led Zeppelin, Alice in Chains, Queen, The Who. Now those are out of the way, let's get in deep.

Karnivool - Australian band, sorta like TooL, only more melodic like vocals focused? Anyway, I'm sure you'll like them if you like TooL.(huge fan of TooL myself)

Also check out "Setting Fire to the Hive", "Umbra" and "All I Know."

Twelve Foot Ninja - Yeah, Alt-Rock with some metal undertones and some really interesting riffs.

I'd also suggest "Portrait#1", "Dark Passenger", "Coming For You."

Kate Bush - for a more "poppy" and easier listening sound, Kate Bush is good. her vocal style is very good and not at all you expect.

I'd also recommend "Babooshka", "Wow", "Breathing."

@Pachamac Mostly because I did not know them previously. They're alright, but not something I'd regularly listen to. Rob Zombie on the other hand...
@Xander95 ... Not sure if trolling now.
@GHOS-T, hah, that one is fantastic. Cheers.

Reactions: GHOS-T
@Pachamac Mostly because I did not know them previously. They're alright, but not something I'd regularly listen to. Rob Zombie on the other hand...
@Xander95 ... Not sure if trolling now.
@GHOS-T, hah, that one is fantastic. Cheers.
Im not trolling...just sharing some music I listen to in hopes there might be something I like you might enjoy. I'll just go if you think I'm trolling.

How do you feel about EDM?

On the waaaaay other side of the spectrum, I'm also super country lol

(disclaimer: this is the version featuring Nelly because it's more poppy. I know a lot of people aren't into country but this is a bit more palatable for those unaccustomed to country music xD)

What about dubstep violin?

What about Scottish Gaelic?

Last edited:
I'M ON THIS GUYS DICK SO HARD RIGHT NOW SO LISTEN TO IT GO.

And then I found this little group from my love of Parov Stelar

Reactions: Kestrel and Brovo

There's a quick handful of stuff. Somewhat varied to keep one on their toes.

Sharing music is always cool. I'll just leave these here.

Yeah, this list is all over the place, genre wise. And these are just songs I've listened to as of late. Carry on.

Reactions: Fox of Spades
@Darog, Oh, Karnivool is pretty rad. I'll check out some more of their stuff. Twelvefoot ninja has a cool clip, but I can't really feel their music. Unfortunately I burned out on Kate Bush when I was 13 or so, but I am totally biased because those were my goth years and Within Temptation's version of Running Up That Hill is clearly superior.

Im not trolling...just sharing some music I listen to in hopes there might be something I like you might enjoy. I'll just go if you think I'm trolling.
Alright, alright, I'll try to lay this out a bit more clearly. I am not into emo. Most of the bands you suggested have a similar vibe, so suggesting more of the same doesn't really work out.

@fatalrendezvous I actually quite like Pendulum, but Skrillex is like a repellant to me. Country-wise, I do like Johnny Cash for one who counts as country I'm told, but admittedly not too big on the genre as a whole (less so on Nelly, I'm afraid ;p) Lindsey Stirling is pretty good. Julie Fowlis is a pretty nice backdrop sound.
@Azarthes I CAN SEE WHY. And I didn't know Bitter Sweet. Now I do. Thank you.
@DGraves Don't post entire albums, man! Anyway, I'm actually familiar with most of these, but didn't really find something new that stood out to me. Cheers though.
@Capt. Blu I like Voltaire. I mean who couldn't. He has songs about zombie prostitutes. I'm afraid that the rest of your suggestions... Eh... No thanks.

Last edited:
Skrillex gets a lot of hate that is mostly unwarranted in my opinion. If you consider the music as its own piece rather than associating it with him, I actually enjoy a lot of his music.

In fact, that kind of ideology is what got me into country. Once I started dissociating the "ew country" stigma I had with the music and just listened to it for its musical value, I realized I actually really enjoy country. xD

Reactions: Torsty
Status
Not open for further replies.