Remnants

Twelve picked up the rock again, throwing it in the air again and swinging the pipe. She hit the rock this time, sending it flying into a partly shattered window across the street. Twelve smiles brightly and giggles. "Did you see that Oli?" She chuckles, looking at Oli who moved to the shade to lay down. His one head was sleeping while the other head watches Twelve.

Zero sets the backpack down and walks outside. She smiles and leans against the doorframe, slips on the new shirt she found and watched at Twelve searches for more rocks. She managed to hit a few but others just fell to the ground. Zero happily watched the little girl play her game. Looking up at the sky, she saw a few storm clouds. Shed have to call the little girl in the building soon for shelter. She had found a thin blanket that she could let Twelve sleep with for the night since it was too late in the day to try and find another ruined town to sleep in. In addition to the blanket Zero found some canned peaches and half a water bottle she would give to Twelve as a sort if dinner. She didn't need to eat. Another perk from the experiments was that she could go a few weeks without needing to eat. Her body burned energy at a much slower rate than the average humans. Her attention snapped back to the four year old when she managed to hit a rick at a pipe.

Clang! Rose heard a rock hit a pipe not to far away. With a glint in her eye and evil grin she stood up and headed towards the sound. She hid behind the house, listening to the conversation

Soul uses her tail to hoist herself down with a toothy smile showing her fangs. "Hey lil one its much safer in the tree ya know." She kinda looked like a cheshire cat but alot creepier. She was jumping using her tail and had her legs crisscrossed. "Especially if you wanna hide from grounders."

(Who are you talking to, me or Mirai)

Sunset figured there wasn't enough time to dash back up to the caves in the cliff, so she'd have to stay down here in the ruins until the storm passed. She stood as she watched the clouds approach, looking around for a nearby building. It didn't take long to decide which building and she made her way there, hoping some of the others wouldn't notice.

She hated the rain for more reasons than most. The sun would be blocked out for a bit, and that was always dangerous for her.

(Whoa, Shadowski, lightning posts much? )

(Haha sorry, I'm overly active in the mornings because I need to go somewhere soon so want to do as much as possible)
Rose looked up. Clouds were starting to clog up the sky. She knew she was slightly psychopathic, but she wasn't stupid. She sneaked back to the forest, where it was safer. Thunder burst and she saw rain in the distance as she started to move

Zeros head shot to where the rain was coming from. Walking towards Twelve, she scooped up the mutated kitten and lightly tugged on the back collar of Twelves oversized shirt. "Come on, Twelve . Lets go inside where it's safe. I think there's a basement we can stay in to keep away from the radiation." She said in a gentle motherly voice, leading Twelve back into the building. Once they got in, Zero took the backpack, blanket and food and lead Twelve to the basement. Once they were there Zero opened the can of peaches with the pocket knife and passed it to Twelve and handed the water bottle. She turned and searched for any other water. Twelve was filled with dirt so she wanted something to clean the little girl up with. Though she came up with nothing and sat down against a wall. She watched at Twelve hungrily scooped Peaches into her mouth and even handed some to Oli, who's heads nipped at each other trying to get the first bite.

(God dammit America, this is ENGLISH morning! Yeah!)
Shortly after the girl had scampered off to the forest, Scott started walking to the tall, sturdy building. He started to move at a hasty jog, seeing as the wind started to pick up. Moving into the building, he realised that there may be more than just the one human around here. The rain started to trickle down outside, slowly wearing down the concrete of the apartment block. He'd just have to hope that none of them followed him here. He sat down on the worn carpet of what seemed to be a hotel lobby, waiting for the storm to subside.

A sinister smile spread across Rose's face as she saw the ominous radiation clouds roll in. She felt around on the ground and found the handle, heaving it open into her shelter. It was covered in grass and leaves to conceal it and was indistinguishable unless you felt for the hatch. She dropped in and sat down yawning. What would she kill after the storm? A mutant? Eh, that was getting boring. What about another human... Fabulous. She savoured the feeling of the adrenaline and power that she got from killing. Presumably dying grown up or maybe another child, who she would leave the body to rot. She lay back onto her bed and yawned. "Beddy byes" she said to herself, cringing at the memory of her parents. She ignored the thought and munched on a chunk of mutated deer until she was asleep.

(God dammit America, this is ENGLISH morning! Yeah!)
Shortly after the girl had scampered off to the forest, Scott started walking to the tall, sturdy building. He started to move at a hasty jog, seeing as the wind started to pick up. Moving into the building, he realised that there may be more than just the one human around here. The rain started to trickle down outside, slowly wearing down the concrete of the apartment block. He'd just have to hope that none of them followed him here. He sat down on the worn carpet of what seemed to be a hotel lobby, waiting for the storm to subside.
(Australian evening)

Sunset buried herself in the corner of the room, her coat drawn close. She'd hoped to cover most of herself, because when these things happened, especially when she got scared, her speckled markings had the tendency to bioluminesce, anywhere from a gentle candlelight to a flash of burning magnesium. Those could blind whoever looked. She didn't want the people around her to see this, especially how she would sometimes flash if the thunder was really loud.

Dreams haunted her sleep, flashbacks of her father getting torn apart by vicious mutants, the scent of filth, rot and blood filled her nostrils as the creatures reach into her fathers stomach, a squelching noise as the intestine was drawn out. She ran for her life, leaving her mother, hearing her screams as Rose was in the distance. She wondered alone for a long time, slowly becoming insane until she was almost inhuman, finding joy in the pain and slaughtering of others -
Rose leaped up out of her bed sweating from the nightmare. When she regained her breath she sat against the wall and sobbed until the storm end

Zero looked up. It sounded like someone was in the building. She stood up, looking at Twelve. "Dont make a sound, got it? I'm just checking to see if whoever it is will be peaceful.." Patting Twelves head, who nodded obediently, Zero made her way to the stairs . she walked up and out if the basement, ducking behind a counter. She looked past and spotted a man. Zero frowns. She never was good around men, since it was mostly men who experimented on her. The whole gender gave her a sour taste in her mouth. But she pushed that aside for now and stood up to make herself noticeable.

Scott turned, seeing someone stand up in the corner of his eye. Seeing the tall, red haired woman having come up from the basement. He stood up in shock, aiming his weapon at her. She had tatoos all over her body, likely from some strange past affiliation. Not having taken his mask off, Scott had the advantage of anonymity, as well as his bullet proof vest and trench coat not showing off his physical state. He also had his hood drawn up over his hair, covering most of his face besides the mask. Gesturing to the middle of the room with his gun, he said "Get out in the open. Who are you?" Shortly after, he lowered his tone and the volume of his voice, trying to sound friendlier. "I do not like being snuck up on..."

Zero glares at him, but she simply raised her hands to show she had noting and walked around the counter towards the middle of the room. She had no weapon, the experiments performed on her were her main weapons. She stood in the middle of the room, her one blue eye trained on him. "Understandable. Now, care to lower your weapon? The attempt at a friendly tone and weapon pointed at my chest sends mixed signals. Don't you agree?" Her voice was slightly bitter but she too tried to sound friendly. "I have no desire to attack you. I simply want to know if you come in peace. If so, then I have no problem sharing shelter with you, sir. And to answer your previous question, I'm Zero." She slid one hand into her pants pocket and held her other hand out to him, offering a friendly handshake.

Sunset flinched at a couple of the quieter cracks of thunder, but stayed quiet in the corner of her lonely shelter. Or, at least, she thought she was alone. One of the mutated rats scurried around nearby, beady eyes glowing, deformed claws scraping against the floor. It gave a slight growl as it smelled her fear, tempted to attack.

Sunset looked up as it charged from across the room and squealed as she flashed brighter than the lightning, stunning the horrid little beastie long enough for her to kick it outside into the rain.

Lowering his gun but still keeping it in his hands, Scott nodded at the woman, saying "Well, Zero, I'm sorry about all the precautions. You cannot be too careful out here. I am Scott Maskimov, good to meet a friendly face out here, eh?" He clicked the safety back on his rifle and slung it over his shoulders, showing that he was friendly. "I assume there's someone else down there? I heard more than one set of footsteps. Although at the time I thought they were rats." He said, raising an eyebrow as he fastened up his jacket. "The worst of the storm is most likely yet to come, so I am hoping I can get down there with you?

Zero stiffened at the mention at another person, feeling awful overprotective of the young girl. But she reluctantly nodded and motioned for the man to follow her. "Youre right. There's another and a half. I have a little child with me named Twelve and a mutant cat she named Oli. Don't take this the wrong way," She said and glanced back at him before decending the stairs. "but I'm protective of her and would appreciate if you let her get some rest."

Having followed the woman down the stairs, Scott nodded knowingly. He'd never really loved children, but he got that they were fragile, needed their rest. He looked around the basement, a slightly damp, worn down shelter, but a fitting one nonetheless. Taking a seat on a small wooden crate, Scott began to rummage through his rucksack.

Zero walked to Twelve. The four year olds sleeping body was already laying down with the kitten curled at her side, both heads fast asleep on the single cat body. Zero grabbed the thin blanket and laid it on the girls small body, the grabbed her backpack. Looking around, she found some medicine bottles she had gotten earlier. She read the labels, then took one for herself. It was medicine she got from the Institute that was meant to help her "special" eye she kept covered. She pops two pills in her mouth, then swallowed what was left of the water and sat next to the little girl