1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

Remember those US state quarters?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Isabella Hime, Sep 6, 2012.

1. I swear that I am going to burn a coin just so my children can find it and sell it for a ridiculous price. It would be a really cheap long-term plan to make some money.

2. Heh, I think my mom has a whole bunch of those. My dad was getting her the sets, where you got one from each of the mints that did them. She has them in a book somewhere.

3. ...whoa, burn one?
    Anyone, I think some member of my family had that whole folder thing. I dunno.
    Interesting that some went up so much and others (my own dear Colorado for instance) stayed pretty much the same.

4. Wow, a roll of Arkansas quarters is worth more than the state itself.

5. The government made these coins on purpose so we'd collect them too..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_State_Quarters

The program was conceived as a means of creating a new generation of coin collectors, and in that it succeeded.[2][3] The 50 State Quarters program became the most successful numismatic program in history, with roughly half of the U.S. population collecting the coins, either in casual manner or as a serious pursuit.[4] The U.S. federal government so far has made additional profits of $3.0 billion from collectors taking the coins out of circulation.[5]
    [h=2]Contents[/h]