Remember, remember...

A group of Chavs stand in a circle and try to kill a Hipster before he blows up the Kebab shop.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I'll be registering for classes and then going to work! :'D Can I just ask how Guy Fawkes Night actually is celebrated by people who celebrate it? Is it really like Minibit said? I don't know anything about it except what I saw on V for Vendetta. O_O
MiBi's pretty much on the money. Kids rarely do the "Penny for the Guy" thing any more, that's become more of a charitable thing that some shops/schools/hospitals etc. arrange instead. There are some competitions for it, and you sometimes get a load of shops in one street competing for the best "Guy" (often with themes, last year they had "literary characters" as the theme. All Harry Potters, and not a single ampersand in sight), but again, the money goes to charity.

People usually have a bonfire (burning a Guy has become a bit controversial, as it celebrates the execution of a terrorist - it's not exactly kid-friendly) and it'll be hosted by a pub, or in a public area, and sometimes you have to pay to enter, and sometimes it's done for free. Usually going to the bonfire and watching the fireworks is free, but the pub/council will make money back by having food (cinder toffee and toffee apples are the traditional food, but burgers, hot dogs and soup are all common, since it's usually about 9pm in November and it's a bit cold for most people) or drinks on sale instead.

Guy Fawkes is a mixed bag. The story goes that he was a anarchistic Catholic that plotted to blow up the Houses of Parliament with barrels of gunpowder, so to anarchists he's a hero (Catholics tend not to see him this way) but to most he's basically one of the best-known terrorists in English history. For a very long time, people did burn a Guy on the bonfire, but in this age of political correctness, that's frowned upon, because it isn't kid-friendly and it's also a somewhat grotesque sentiment. It's typically advertised as "Bonfire Night", rather than "Guy Fawkes' Night" to avoid the connotation, and whilst some places do burn an effigy of some pop-culture figure, most places just don't bother with it at all any more, because it's easier to go without than risk ruffling any feathers.

Sadly, Asmo's version of events is also fairly true.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Drink.

A lot.

What the fuck else are you supposed to do with your life? Dumbass

*starts argument*

• Love
Reactions: Xnijmai
Reading the Graphic Novel and and Making a Burning Fawkes Adult Beverage.

for those who wish to have the recipe here it is

Burning Fawkes

a lighter is needed.
  • 1 pint glass of Beer or Lager
  • 3/4 ounces Amaretto
  • 1/4 ounce Sambuca
Fill a pint glass with beer or lager. Pour the Amaretto and Sambuca into a shot glass, then set the liquor on fire and quickly drop the shot into the beer. Drink.