Remember Me (WWII Romance)

P

Poison_Siren

Original poster
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sergeant Edmund Williams (34) - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dE3Y1z1Y9...AZuc/cN-wNbcOfMo/s1600/Notebook_168Pyxurz.jpg
Elaine Cunningham (21) - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/401453754254907873/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A young woman meets and falls in love with a rich handsome southern officer who is soon deployed overseas and she can’t stop thinking about him.

Just having met this beautiful southern belle he is swept away by her charms and stubbornness that he writes to her every day of how he feels about her while he’s out fighting overseas for his country.

But that soon will all change, Sergeant Edmund Williams wakes up one day in a hospital and he can’t remember anything. The only thing he clearly remembers is a girl back at home, but he can’t remember who she is or what she looks like.

Elaine Cunningham hears the news of Edmund’s amnesia and offers to help him, but he doesn’t seemed to be interested in her even though it’s the same girl he fell in love with before he left. But sadly, he meets an entirely different woman whom he’s about to marry.

Can Elaine safe her one true love from an unhappy marriage with a woman who doesn’t even love him and only wants him for his money and is willing to go as far as to commit murder?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlotte, North Carolina Summer 1942
It was a peaceful starry night in the countryside, the birds have long since retired to their rightful nests and the only sound was the soft chirping of crickets. Out in the distance a magnificent antebellum house painted in creamy white, stood proudly in the darkness. A soft light could be seen on the front porch of the house, illuminating two young people sitting down and enjoying a glass of freshly brewed homemade lemonade.

“So Elaine dear, how long are you stayin’ before you go back to New York?” Elaine sweetly smiled at her oldest and dearest friend, Robert Stevenson. “Well I’m not sure Robert; I don’t have to go back to College until the end of the summer. Why?” She said her southern accent huskier than usual. “Well I’ve been wonderin’ since I’ll be leavin’ soon to go back overseas, w-would you marry me, darlin’?” He said taking her left hand in his right and gently rubbing the back of her smooth small hand.

She could only stare at him, her soft chocolate eyes widen to his question in fear. “R-Robert… I don’t know what to say. I love you dearly with all my heart, but I don’t think I’m the right woman for you. You’re like a brother to me, Robert darlin’.” She gently caressed his clean-shaven cheek and stared warmly into his cerulean blue eyes. “I’m sure there’s someone out there for you. You’re handsome, kind, charming, funny; the perfect southern gentleman.” Elaine smiled softly at her ginger-haired friend.

“I’m just not ready to settle down yet, Robert.” She felt like a terrible person saying this to him and wished he hadn’t brought this up. It was his last couple of weeks before he went back overseas and she wanted him to be happy as possible. “Elaine, please… why shouldn’t we get married, right now? We’ve been friends since we were little and I love you, darlin’.” Elaine couldn’t move or speak; all she could do was shake her head as tears began to appear in the corner of her eyes. “Robert, I can’t! I can’t marry you! So just… please leave, I- I’m terribly exhausted.” Without saying anything more and not looking back, she quickly went inside and locked the door behind her, and cried all the way up to her room locking herself in.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Hello, I'm looking for someone to play Edmund for me. It doesn't matter how you portray him just as long as he's a nice southern gentleman who is head-over-heels with my character Elaine.

Other characters can join in too! I would love to have at least a couple of people play her friends, maybe from college or you can even play her best friend Robert.)

Last edited by a moderator: