Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, well, if I were to know a tad bit more about the religion, then perhaps I would be inclined to believe otherwise, but really, it doesn't seem all too thought out, even primitive really.

After admitting to not knowing what Hermeticism is and what I assume was a hasty Wiki search you referred to Asmo's beliefs as...
Hm, such a view seems, odd, damaged even. Flawed maybe. There has never been a true recollection of magical abilities as far as I've searched.

Don't strain yourself.

And ouch, that's kind of an impolite way of referring to someone's religion.

And you say that Buddhism...
Hm, an interesting belief indeed, flawed among Buddhist communion however, considering well, Buddhists are naturally either agnostic or atheistic due to the lack of a deity in their texts. Though, flawed, it's still much better to be Buddhist than per say, actually religious because well, religion is flawed further than any one mind could fully grasp, the contradictions and now the argument of, "Interpretation," should show that it is indeed a fallacy that should have been disregarded long ago but of course, when one is taught something since childhood, they are bound to become lost in their views.

I don't even know where to begin to tell you what's wrong with everything you've just said. Open a history book, find INDIA, and go from there.

Did your iPhone screen not show the part where most Buddhists defer to Guatama Buddha as THE PRIMARY FIGURE in Buddhism? That a major Buddhist sect believes that the Dalai Lama is a succession of reincarnations? Sounds a bit diet-erific to me. And oh hey, there's that whole thing where Buddha didn't DENY the existence of gods, but said that blind worship could obstruct one's personal enlightenment?

You're really not impressing anyone here. Maybe you should try a better way to get attention. Like posting Youtube videos of well-loved movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Asmodeus
It's okay, Herzius. My religion teaches that you and I are one. So I'm embarrassed for both of us.

• Love
Reactions: Tegan
Hm, you don't seem to contain the ability to read. I said send complaints to my inbox. I will debate this one last post, after that, send it to my inbox. Failure to comply will result in my not responding.

Impolite? Sure, I suppose you could say that. I am not known for being polite, not even vaguely. Don't strain myself? On what matter would I have strained myself? It is a simple, easy to see fact that magic is not real. It is transparent. Of course, I have yet to study this religious stir-fry, so, maybe I have the wrong views. I was just responding to what was said to me.

I do not have an Iphone, be it unfortunate or not. However, if you'll read, which you've shown you cannot do. I was simply stating that by traditional beliefs, Buddhism was not a religion, rather it was a philosophy, and as philosophies go, they tend to lack deities. Now, certainly, due to the flaw in a person's mind, there are bound to be people that adhere to religion and deities. It is a fantasy, but one many people follow. Also, primary figure doesn't sound like deity to me. Sounds like a leader, a guide even. Perhaps you should learn the difference?

As much as I'd like to call those that follow that final belief mentally unstable, which they are, it is not a big deal, a reincarnate is not a deity. Though, of course, perhaps they find that the leader of their philosophy should be a descendant of their founder due to the obvious reasons of dynasty. Which of course, dynastic beliefs ran rampant in China and Japan when Buddhism was founded.

No need to call me an attention grabber, I merely wished to start a fun debate on a trivial side of everyone's lives. I am actually typically anti-social, which is why I rarely ever go through the forums, I simply had an idea. That is all. Once more, input all further complaints to my inbox.

Well, Asmodeus, I am glad that your religion makes you so... Humble I suppose. You could of course, attempt to, oh, I don't know. Persuade me that your religion has any context whatsoever in the modern world? That would be nice. I'd like that a lot. Perhaps I'd even learn about it.

If you weren't prepared to handle a debate, why post the thread at all? Also, there's an edit button, you can use it to put all your replies in one post.

This isn't even a debate. You're essentially calling those that follow a religion delusional. You are insulting them. That is not a debate. Nothing in this thread convinces me you wanted a debate so much as an argument, one where you could inflate your ego and make yourself feel superior. Uncool.

I am prepared to handle a debate. If you wish to debate about those matters, send them to my PM. I do not wish to have this thread diluted with rambunctious complaints brought upon me due to a person's inherent need to whine about anything that displeases them.

No. Here is fine. You're being a cunt in public, so in public is where the complaints will stay.

You started a thread with the intention of attacking and belittling other people's religions, by calling them flawed, damaged, trivial and the product of the mentally unstable. Your intent was to enforce your "cold, meticulous" ideology upon us and then claim that it was "just a bit of fun".

You are an idiot and deserve to have no friends.

Please stop posting your ill-informed bile.

I am prepared to handle a debate. If you wish to debate about those matters, send them to my PM. I do not wish to have this thread diluted with rambunctious complaints brought upon me due to a person's inherent need to whine about anything that displeases them.

When someone is being directly insulted, I would say they kind of have the right to feel 'displeased.'

Hey guys! I bet he tells us about Flying Spaghetti Monsters, next!

So fresh!

And like that, due to the human instinct to react, which is fine by the way. This thread has been torn apart by raging mongrels. Please feel free to post any further points to my PM if you wish to continue this debate without the interruption of those who cannot contain themselves nor their rage.

Based on the very first post I am not quite understanding how it would be fun to "tear the argument apart in a meticulous, cold manner" of someone's personally held beliefs. Seems more like you want to offend people and have them be okay with it because you've told us to "please don't get your feelings hurt."

You started this thread because you are an angry teenager. I understand. I've been there.

*hugs Herzius*

This time will pass. Be strong.

Anyhow, locking the thread due to the fact the majority of the patrons that commented upon it lack the ability to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.