T

Takashi

Original poster
December 13, Janus Island Training Facility

The sun was shining over the many steel buildings that dotted the island, the birds were nonexistent, and the winter air chilled the workers as they went around cleaning and getting things in order for their expected group of young awakened who would be staying there for a while, training and preparing themselves for the battles to come...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sebastian gripped the rail of the boat as they neared their destination. He wasn't sure what to make of this, all of it. There was no such thing as having powers of their previous reincarnations, right? There was just no way that existed, there had to be some scientific method to it all. He wasn't sure. With a sigh, he remembered when he first got the mysterious letter in his mailbox.

He was sitting at the computer, typing away as he posted on an online forum and chatted with some Internet friends he made through that very same forum on Skype and Discord. It was nothing much really, he was mostly bored. One of the voices in his head, Lucy, gently reminded him of the bills he had to pay. ...Right. He was also procrastinating.

With a sigh, he got up and stretched before heading over to the counter where he put the letters he got from the mailbox that day. He then went back to his computer with them. He could multitask, he presumed. Another voice, Allen, scoffed that paying the bills and being on the Internet was not real multitasking. Try cooking, cleaning, and running errands all at the same time, then he would know what multitasking was like. He promptly told him to be quiet as he sifted through the mail.

His eyes fell on a envelope with a strange return address. He was about to discard when the very first voice he ever heard, Madoka, said that he should probably read it even if it was junk mail. He listened to the kindhearted girl as she talked before sighing and opening the envelope. Carefully pulling out the letter, he began to read it...

And that was how he ended up here, on a little boat heading to a tiny island off the coast of Florida. The idea was ludicrous, but at least he wouldn't have to worry about his adult duties that he had day in, day out. He sighed as the grip tightened on the rail. This is a bad idea,Triss said in his mind as they were nearing their destination, I know that not all islands are bad, but what kind of training will be done there? What if you have to act as slaves?

I think that's highly unlikely, Allen said, After all, in this day and age there's no such thing as slavery.

That's kind of a lie, Sebastian thought, speaking to his voices through his mind, Some of the poorer countries might have slaves, but all the major world powers don't have such a thing. He could hear Triss scoffing and everyone else being eerily quiet.

...Well in any case, at least you'll get something out of it, Alto said, I wonder if they'll have sword practice? I remember training with the rest of the Tuning Knights on occasion. He sighed. I miss those days...

I think we all miss our old lives back home, Lucy piped in, Though I don't miss being at Miss Weaver's Academy...

We'll find our way back, someday. But for now we should focus on the current situation at hand.

Madoka? You've been awfully quiet, Sebastian noted, Something wrong?

Oh! Nothing really. Just thinking, she answered, Sorry to worry you like that.

It's fine. What were you thinking about? Silence. Madoka?

I think we're almost there. I'm sure...whatever is going on there...it would help people. I believe it. With a nod, he turned to face the island they were approaching, a grim expression on his face. Whatever was going to happen...well, he hoped it would be a good learning experience.

Sebastian is not alone on the ship. Jacob himself was somewhat confused as to what was going on. He was explained to matter of factly what his power was capable of. These strange things were occurring repeatedly, with his manifestations of other people speaking to him and each other inside of his mind, and how he could easily lash out and destroy any one who opposed him. He didn't seek trouble, in fact he thought to be by himself at most times. In fact life was getting kind of lonely without peace, since he could easily wipe out anyone who decided to piss him off. Shao Kahn was at the helm of his other personalities, struggling to rise to the surface. The Emperor turned towards the others inside a manifested council chambers in Jacob's psyche.
"I, am. in. Charge." Shao Kahn stated as fact. Jake turned towards Sebastian in real life. "Sebastian, I can state with pure honesty I am totally confused about all this. This whole thing is insane."

Marcus looks over the railing, and is granted sight of the island he's going to Uwaa! It's so big! Shuto commented, He hears Doomguy, or Dom snort in the background.Grunt grunt Grunt!(It's not even as big as any of the facilities in Hell!)

Marcus frowns slightly Play nice now Dom... GRUNT GRUNT GRU-!(I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU CALL ME DOM O-) He finally hears Sho sigh It's just a nickname... I mean we can't just call you Doomguy or Hell Walker. Marcus nods emphatically Just a nickname Dom he smirks triumphantly hearing Dom sigh in defeat Grunt grunt...( It was so much easier fighting demons...).

Marcus pauses for a second, then snorts It's kind of funny, I was going to become a writer for a living before I become something akin to a weapon of mass destruction. I feel Sho nod sympathy Wasn't easy for me to become the Guyver, well that was until I had something to fight for. Shuto agrees excitedly Yeah! Sho and I had exchanged stories, It's much easier to fight knowing that you have something to protect! Marcus smiles Thanks guys.

Evelyn's face was impassive as she watched the island on the horizon. It was a certainly impressive sight, and it could be proof that this wasn't a total scam after all.

On the other hand, this could have been a scamp ran by a very powerful individual or organization. Which lead to the question of why would they even bother with scamps in the first place?

They did provide a reason, yes. Something so dumb that it made this sounded entirely too surreal. Apparently, she get past versions of herself in her head now. What would that be? A very convoluted case of Hollywood Schizophrenia?

Evelyn had no doubt of the voices being there. She had three: One rarely spoke unless to spill nonsensical wisdom that won't become relevant for another dozen episodes at the least, one rarely spoke unless to spill cries for genocide against all organics, and one behaved entirely like a normal human being. Evelyn had taken to call them Freud's Triplet.

"A secure location." Ego observed casually as they approached the island. It's voice was normal. Very normal. The very idea of mediocrity. "Perfect for a secure training facility, or a center of unchained science, far from prying eyes"

Evelyn found herself rolling her eyes in annoyance at the theatrics. The middle child of the triplet in her head quite enjoyed that.

"We won't be so easily contained." Id's voice was a rough, electronic rumble that reminded Evelyn of radio static and broken TVs.

Super Ego remained silent, as always. It rarely speak.

Evelyn shrugged as she watched the the island approached. All she wanted was internet connection and a good PC. Then she would make it work.

@InindoHero

Sebastian was startled out of his thoughts when someone approached him. "Y-Yeah, it is," he said, turning to look at Jacob. I forgot, did I give this guy my name?

Which guy? Hold on, let me tap into your senses... He waited as Allen took charge and looked through his eyes to see who he was talking about. ...I think you did? I'm not sure, to be honest. That mildly freaked him out.

Great, now what am I supposed to do?

Talk to him? He is, literally, in the same boat as you.

...Alright then. He took in a deep breath and exhaled as he tried to think of what to say. "Hopefully they don't have any ill intentions," he said, "Even if the letter does state they want to train us to fight against some evil...Not sure what though. It sounds too fantastic to believe in." Pause. "And yet, here we are, suckered into this mess. At least they pay for the expenses, pretty much..."

Looking around the boat he sees several people he didn't notice coming onto the boat(somehow?). The two guys looked to be starting a conversation so he headed towards the girl with white hair with cold looking eyes. Marcus waits for a comment from one of the voices, but they all seem to be doing their own thing. Shrugging he keep heading towards the girl.

Looking around the boat he sees several people he didn't notice coming onto the boat(somehow?). The two guys looked to be starting a conversation so he headed towards the girl with white hair with cold looking eyes. Marcus waits for a comment from one of the voices, but they all seem to be doing their own thing. Shrugging he keep heading towards the girl.
Evelyn turned around when she noticed the someone walking up on her. The guy was tall and rail-thin, with red eyes and grey hair that suggested albinoism.

"Yes, can I help you?" She asked.

Evelyn turned around when she noticed the someone walking up on her. The guy was tall and rail-thin, with red eyes and grey hair that suggested albinoism.

"Yes, can I help you?" She asked.
"So, tell me if I'm wrong you have voices in your head too right?" Marcus asks while fiddling with his gloves; a habit he built up as he was nervous about people first impressions. I hear all of the voices sigh in sync Whats wron- ... shit. He mentally facepalms as he remembers what he said.

"So, tell me if I'm wrong you have voices in your head too right?" Marcus asks while fiddling with his gloves; a habit he built up as he was nervous about people first impressions. I hear all of the voices sigh in sync Whats wron- ... shit. He mentally facepalms as he remembers what he said.
Evelyn blinked stupidly, an adverb that she loathed to use to ever associate herself with, but it just fit so well in this situation.

"You need to work on your pick up lines." She informed him. "But yes. I do hear voices in my head."

Evelyn blinked stupidly, an adverb that she loathed to use to ever associate herself with, but it just fit so well in this situation.

"You need to work on your pick up lines." She informed him. "But yes. I do hear voices in my head."
He sighs, his glove fiddling intensifying, "I'm sorry... I didn't mean it like that, Can we start again?".

Marcus coughs as he starts my introduction, "My name is Marcus Durant, and I'm-" he freezes having a huge brain fart What am I? He feels all his voices grin cheekily then his mouth starts to move, "Guyver Append!" Marcus cringes severely Oh god why! Why such a cheesy name!. He looks at her pitifully, "I mean aspiring writer..."
~~~~~~~
(OOC- I'm not sure what I'm doing...)

• Love
Reactions: munchkinomatic
He sighs, his glove fiddling intensifying, "I'm sorry... I didn't mean it like that, Can we start again?".

Marcus coughs as he starts my introduction, "My name is Marcus Durant, and I'm-" he freezes having a huge brain fart What am I? He feels all his voices grin cheekily then his mouth starts to move, "Guyver Append!" Marcus cringes severely Oh god why! Why such a cheesy name!. He looks at her pitifully, "I mean aspiring writer..."
~~~~~~~
(OOC- I'm not sure what I'm doing...)
Evelyn burst into a giggling fit at the sheer absurdity of what just happened.

"My name's Evelyn. Evelyn Grayson" She managed to squeeze out through her humour. "Don't really have a job, but I do stock trading and investing for the money."

Evelyn burst into a giggling fit at the sheer absurdity of what just happened.

"My name's Evelyn. Evelyn Grayson" She managed to squeeze out through her humour. "Don't really have a job, but I do stock trading and investing for the money."
He smile as he hears her giggle, frowning as he hears his voices talking Grunt?! Grunt!(He's doing it?! Doing it!), Shuto starts speaking next, Maybe? Please?, Then Shu ...What are you guys doing? Marcus smiles he speak,"Neat! So... are your voices assholes?" Marcus smirks as he hears several squawks of indignation Aaand that's what you get for pulling that!

He smile as he hears her giggle, frowning as he hears his voices talking Grunt?! Grunt!(He's doing it?! Doing it!), Shuto starts speaking next, Maybe? Please?, Then Shu ...What are you guys doing? Marcus smiles he speak,"Neat! So... are your voices assholes?" Marcus smirks as he hears several squawks of indignation Aaand that's what you get for pulling that!
Evelyn chuckled and shook her head.

"Well, not really. I have three: One is sane but a little creepy for no reason. One constantly screams for me to blow people up. The last fancies himself an Oracle or something."

"Your ancestors were right, regarding the stars, at least." Aaand he's doing it again.

"Do you ever drop the poetry?"

"I did."

Rolling her eyes in annoyance, Evelyn turned back to Marcus.

"So, your voices are assholes?"

Evelyn chuckled and shook her head.

"Well, not really. I have three: One is sane but a little creepy for no reason. One constantly screams for me to blow people up. The last fancies himself an Oracle or something."

"Your ancestors were right, regarding the stars, at least." Aaand he's doing it again.

"Do you ever drop the poetry?"

"I did."

Rolling her eyes in annoyance, Evelyn turned back to Marcus.

"So, your voices are assholes?"
Marcus smiles weakly , "Yeah sometimes, except one he's pretty tame unless fighting starts. He gets... a bit scary" He shivers as he remembers the last fight he got in.

Marcus smiles weakly , "Yeah sometimes, except one he's pretty tame unless fighting starts. He gets... a bit scary" He shivers as he remembers the last fight he got in.

"Fighting..." Evelyn muttered with a faraway look. "We have to do that now, right? We fight. Against what? For what?"

Fighting..." Evelyn muttered with a faraway look. "We have to do that now, right? We fight. Against what? For what?"
"I... don't know," Marcus states simply.

It was a deep question; a good one too, "Giant monsters? Aliens? Vampires?

Honestly, I have no idea." He really didn't, it was simple really stay back home and write books, or do whatever they are going to do here.

"I... don't know," Marcus states simply.

It was a deep question; a good one too, "Giant monsters? Aliens? Vampires?

Honestly, I have no idea." He really didn't, it was simple really stay back home and write books, or do whatever they are going to do here.
"I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. I don't have any power for facepunching..." Evelyn shrugged and looked down at her rather scrawny frame. "I am likely to be the smartest you've ever met, there's that at least."

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]"Remember, no one must know... we don't want any attention from whomever might recognize that name"[/BCOLOR] The man who apparently did the briefing here stared coldly at Aaron, making sure the young man understood.

"Yea yea... are we done here?", Aaron said a little annoyed. He got the point a while ago. The man motioned toward the door and Aaron walked out, the two not exchanging another word. Aaron then went directly to the side railing. "Ahh... fresh air, finally."

"I still do not understand why my name cannot be known...", Gilgamesh mumbled indignantlly.

"Probably because nobody will ever want to get near Aaron if they knew what a prick he used to be...", Ragna said oddly casually.

"Why you little!"

Can you two not argue for five seconds?!

"I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. I don't have any power for facepunching..." Evelyn shrugged and looked down at her rather scrawny frame. "I am likely to be the smartest you've ever met, there's that at least."
The aspiring writer sighs, "I can't help you with that since I'm built to fight." Marcus is supposedly biologically immortal. His brow furrows, "I mean you don't have to fight, It's not like you couldn't help people by making things" He says trying to help.

Marcus smiles weakly, waiting for the small thanks laced with dejection he'd usually get when helping others.
~~~~~~~~~
OOC-Sorry for the late reply my internet curled up and died.