Regaliours(OoC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regaliour Name: Odette McAlistair
Appearance:
A short woman, Odette has a dancer's build. She is lithe; slim and modestly endowed, with owlish features and clever, long fingers. Her head is framed with a shock of long, fair hair that is in a state of permanent disarray. She is fair skinned, clear apart from the occasional natural blemish or unseemly remnant from past hostilities.
Clothing: She wears no armor, and her clothing is usually unremarkable. A blouse is her usual attire, rarely something expensive and always something unremarkable. Trousers and a shirt are worn when she is in the company of close acquaintances, or when she has pressing work to get done. When she is on mission, her attire is somewhat more peculiar: deep blue trousers with a dark grey shirt mottled with specks of a dozen shades of black, a cowl hiding her face from sight.
Mask: She does not wear a mask: they hurt her aim.
Primary Weapon: The gunsmiths at Harald & Whitacre have created something special for Odette, much to her incredible pleasure. Her weapon of choice is a straight-pull bolt action rifle, accurate to several hundred meters, chambered in 8mm Dirac. It is a long rifle, at just over 4 feet long, and cumbersome in the closest of quarters, it nonetheless has served Odette well for several years.
Secondary Weapon:
A 5 shot single-action revolver is her sidearm of choice. The modern automatics may be superior, but Odette has never managed to tear herself from the rugged elegance of the simple single actions.
Talents & Abilities: Odette is a sharpshooter. Her role is one of reconnaissance, stealth and accurate shooting. To facilitate these actions in the dangerous environments, she has become proficient at a number of ancillary skills: she is a fast runner along both open ground and the packed byways of the urban sprawl. She is adept at concealing herself and moving without a sound. She is a fast talker, a swift climber, a proficient swimmer, one who waits patiently and who sees almost perfectly. She is a dead-eye shot, and understands the importance of proper maintenance and constant practice, and spends a great deal of her time shooting or preparing her equipment to shoot.
Devices(if any): Grenades of coiled magnesium, a recent and exciting invention, are employed by Odette to facilitate quick escapes and aggressive attacks. Smoke bombs and caltrops factor heavily into her escape plans as well. A set of pick-locks always find themselves at her hip, and she has long since learned the incredible utility a long, sharp knife can have on missions.
Personality: Odette is a jovial woman. Slow to anger, quick to laugh, excitable and friendly, Odette loves to enjoy life. She loves to meet new people, learn new things, dice and gamble and jape and sing whenever the opportunity presents itself. She is loyal, to a point, and is insatiably curious, though is more than able to restrain her inquisitive urges in polite company. She is a woman who enjoys both being the center of attention and one who finds voyeuristic pleasure in watching others in their natural state, though is quick to respect one's privacy. She values innovation, freedom and success above most everything else, and tries to live by those virtues whenever possible.
History: Odette was born into a naval family. Her mother was married to a seaman in His Majesty King Zenith's royal navy. To earn her keep, and to forge a better life for her rather poor family, she enlisted on one of the ships as a powder girl, and spent her early childhood fetching and carrying and learning all the ways of a warship. She became fascinated with the marines aboard the ship, their brazen uniforms and confident strength filling her eight-year-old mind with dreams of serving as one herself, despite her gender. The pair of sharpshooters aboard the ship were the most friendly to the precocious child that wanted to learn their secrets, and Odette spent whole days learning how to shoot and work a gun, and how to live the soldier's life of irreverent laziness broken up by bouts of extreme terror or formality. Unfortunately, when she was no more than 14, her ship was attacked by pirates, and was sunk, almost all the crew killed. Through a series of extremely lucky occurrences, Odette found herself on the only remaining lifeboat, and through a series of even more unlikely events found herself ashore on the beaches of a fishing village that paid homage to King Zenith. Unfortunately for her, and indeed not unlikely at all, Odette found herself a young woman with an unmarketable set of skills. Since her mother had passed away not long before this point, her options were, in her eyes, prostitution, begging or crime, and Odette chose the third. Four years of working as a hired gun after climbing her way up the ranks of the orphan gangs made her quite the famous individual amongst the disreputable parts of the big city, and when King Zenith was searching for capable individuals with a talent for assassination, he found Odette a natural choice.

Okay then.

I see everyone's done with completed bios and I've edited in the information the 4 Royal Districts that the Regaliours will chiefly be circulating between in the 2nd post of the OOC. Do check it out to get an idea of what this World entails. I will then start on minor information like technology and such.

Anyways, from what I skimmed of your bios, all of them are up to mark, both in terms of language and equipment and I thank you for having completed them so promptly.

Later today, I shall be looking at them in-depth for any inconsistency and then one by one, I'll be accepting them so hope to get started with an IC best by tomorrow.

Thank you guys.
Cheers.

Reactions: Kaykay and TheGDeer
Well we have a mixed bag. Everyone's in it for a staggering variety of reasons, as I gathered after reading your Histories. Truly amazing, the level of creativity.

I am still a bit confused about Kenico's bio though. Is it complete...? He's put up a "WIP" at the top.

In any case. Everyone is accepted with just one final request on my part. For those of you who are using Spools of wire for vertical traversal, do add in the maximum range that this device can reach because steam-powered devices can only get you to so much.

Therefore, like I said. Everyone is Accepted. I shall add in your names in the first post and then work on the IC.

Welcome to the Regaliours...! :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Kaykay
The IC Thread is now up ( https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/regaliours.112507/ ). It is time you guys got up and got in gear.

A New Era is at hand.

Oh and also, do let me know if the IC was to your expectations.

I would like to mention that the posting deadline is 18th June 2015. The standard deadline will be 1 and a half week from my plot-forwarding posts.

Let's move.

Sweet, I'll make my post soon. Likely by today or tomorrow, no way it'll take me until June 18th haha.

The IC is great IMO, though I must wonder why the sign up link is off to the side instead of above or below the intro post.

Reactions: Aldriem
Question about our first post, what exactly should it be about?

You need to get ready and arrive at the Throne Room for the Investiture Ceremony. Once you're all there, I post.

I'm curious if any one would be willing to do a joint post, as I feel it would help things start of more smoothly.

I already posted mine, but since all I had her do was suit up and leave her room I can edit it to make it joint, more or less.

Thanks for the quick reply, but no need to go back after you have already posted.

Considering that all of us have posted, I shall post tomorrow by earliest and get this RP moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.