Reform School W/Robin Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fredrick leaned back against the wall to get comfortable. He was listening to the big lecture about Romeo and Juliet. He heard this story so many times, he can recite a good portion of the third act like it was nothing, so he didn't start writing any notes. He noticed that Berkovic was spacing out already. "She might ADHD or Simething along those lines." He thought to himself before he let out a soft yawn and he continue to listen to the teacher speak.

Tobi was hungry, lunch had been rushed because they had 'Therapy class' for two hours after wards. Now they were all formed up outside on the tarmac standing at attention. The autumn sun beat down on them with a surprising heat as the waited for the squad sergeant to get the inspection scores and get his orders from the Platoon Officer about what he wanted done with their squad for 'therapy' They only really had therapy once a week they were forced to do a one on one therapy session with a shrink to 'check if they were forming' and other things. Tobi hated those almost more then she hated monthly evalluations.

Fredrick was in his own little world during the rest of class and lunch. Now that they were outside he was looking around the fenced area they were restricted to. "I wonder how many had tried to escape from here? And I also wonder many were successful, I'm guessing not too many of them." He thought to himself as the "therapy session" begun. He looked over at his battle buddy, he couldn't remember if her last name Brovick. He was sure that he was right. "So what do we do now?" He asked his battle buddy.

Tobi inwardly jumped when Robinson talked. Her eyes widened and shook her head,
"Shh." She hissed. Tobi didn't blame Robinson for not knowing what attention was. He hadn't attended a basic drill class yet and probably was TV from a military family, but still shouldn't he get the idea? No one else was talking so why would he?
Tobi pressed her lips together as the squad sergeant came back. He had s notebook in his hand and looked displeased.

Fredrick rolled his eyes at the lack of a response. He crossed his arms as he stood there, waiting for something to happen, at this point he would hope anything to just happen. He doesn't care what thing is, just please let something happen. He wasn't known for his patience, but more for the lack of patience, this guy always want something to happen just the moment that the waiting started. He cringed a little when he felt something move in his abdomen. It had to have been a rub or something of the sorts.

The squad sergeant read off the scores of the inspection. Tobi hadn't gotten very high which made her anxious.
"We will do something about the low scores in a moment. For now circle up, we have three new people and have to introduce ourselves again." he growled,
The formation broke and everyone circled up.
"You will say your first and last name, how old you are, and why you are here." the squad sergeant ordered. He pointed at Tobi "You're first." she commanded.
"Um hi...I'm Tabitha Berkovic....I uh go by...um Tobi. I am 15...." she siad drifting off. She hated having to say why she was here, everyone had to do it though. The squad sergeant knew why each of his squad was here and would call you out if you didn't,
"What are you here for?" the sergeant harshly prompted,
"Um prostitution, drugs, uh breaking curfew and um parole, um....contempt of court, running away, and uh...that it's it I think..." Tobi stumbled through the end of her introduction. She stared at the ground nervously as they went around the circle. Social interaction wasn't Tobi, she was pretty bad at it.

Fredrick remained silent while he listened to the majority of his platoon introducing themselves. He was slightly nervous about the crime part, because majority of them were nothing too extreme, and they were only one or two cases of those things. When it was his turn he cleared his throat. "I'm Fredrick Robinson. I'm 16 years old believe it or not. I'm here with six accounts of assault, two cases of theft, five accounts of destruction of public property, one case of rape, and I purposely skipped my court date." He said as he got a slight grin on his face, he got the grin because he noticed that a few of the people just got that uncomfortable look on their faces. "And I'm currently under the influence of a illegal substance I took before I got on the bus, and that's why I'm mellow right." He added as he held his arms up.

Tobi felt anxious. Why did she have to get the rapist? She shifted on her feet uncomfortably and stared at the ground. She listened to everyone else. Most people had at least one count of assault of some gang violence. She was the only one with no violence at all on her record, not even fighting in school or anything.
One of the new guys was in for dog fighting, animal abuse, and other unpleasant charged. Mostly violence with animals or neglect.

Fredrick chuckled slightly at the man with the animal abuse charges, but he quickly stopped and cleared his throat. The sergeant glared at Robinsons chuckle, but he didn't say anything about it. "All right, now everyone go with your partners and start talking, stay within the area where I can see you. And don't start any fighting, if you do, another good ass kicking will be in order." He said as he looked at Robinson. Fredrick shrugged as he looked down at his partner.

Tobi stood to the side and waited for Fredrick, as she learned his name was, to come over to her. She never liked this one on one talking sessions. They felt weird and too personal. Tobi was a very private person and didn't like to really talk with other people. She was a wallflower with a criminal record. She wans't dangerous to society just to herself which was why she didn't udnerstand why she was there.

Fredrick looked around the area for a moment as he tried to think of something to think about to talk about. "So what do we have to talk about? I know we have to talk about ourselves, but what aspects do we have to talk about?" He asked her, he wasn't good with talking about stuff, but that didn't mean that he doesn't like to talk. He actually loves to talk about random stuff with random people, but he knows that they have to talk about their problems, which he wasn't interested in doing so.

Tobi shrugged. She didn't know what to talk about, it was hard enough for her to talk to people because she spaced out so easily people thought she was rude and wouldn't talk to her.
"What do um you wanna talk-talk about?" She asked attempting to be polite though her find was already wandering and she was having trouble focusing. She could hear people talking around her which was very distracting and she stared at her shoes as her mind stared wandering into her imaginary world.

Fredrick shrugged as he kept looking around the yard to see what he could use for escaping, not finding many options, he might have to stay here for a while. "Well I think this idea is bullshit, I'm a legitament criminal, I should be given the death penalty, showing that I'll be the youngest man to had ever been killed by the death penalty.." He couldn't help but to chuckle slightly. "A new record, and that will help show that the justice system is not what it used to be. My plan is to make the country Justice system change, but I can't do it here." He kept looking around until he found himself looking at the building. "Or maybe I can." He said under his breathe before he looked back at Tobi. "Wanna be a partner of my cause? If you do, tell me the main subject of my rant." He ordered.

Tell me the main subject of my rant...sounds like an awful question on an English exam. Tobi thought. She wasn't sure if she wanted in. Tobi just liked to slid by most of the time go pretty much unnoticed. Even when she was arrested she hadn't really been paid attention too. Maybe it was time for her to try to be noticed. Try something new for a change.
Tobi replayed Fredrick's rant in her head a few times trying to figure out the subject.
"The justice uh system and um how it is a-a failure?" She guessed. Tobi suddenly thought that this was a really bad idea. She was going to be partnered with a rapist. Could've been her rapist for all she knew she hadn't seen her attacker's face.

Fredrick smiled at her answer, good thing he didn't asked for an reenactment of his statement, because she would fail because of her lack of enthusiasm, but she did good. "Very good, you're now my right hand. You'll be the one keeps track of everything, while I actually go out and do the crazy shit nobody else wants to do." He was excited to have a partner in crime now, he knew she couldn't stomach killing someone, and lie about if she did it or not, but she could be good with keeping Intel of what's going on. "Now are any of us allowed to get into the kitchen to say, steal some gloves and maybe a small knife?" He asked in a whispered tone now.

"None of us can't..." Tobi mumbled, "Only really trusted 3 and uh 4 years can um cook if they want...we're uh sent in to clean some-sometimes...but they search us real...real well before and uh after..." she explained quietly. It was true. They practically strip searched you after cleaning times were up to make sure you did steal anything like chemicals and knives and such. A couple kids had been caught trying to sneak things out...it never went well for them.

Fredrick nodded slowly. "Damn." He said under his breathe. He stated thinking out the plan for the kitchen, he slowly nodded as he thought of something. "When we go to clean them kitchen, I'll have to sneak some gloves. Or maybe if can get to the trash, then I could sneak some in." Everything was very slowly coming together, but it was coming together. "Tobi, how often do we go to the kitchen to clean it?" He asked her. "And I want you to help me out with that part. I need you to get me a separate pair of gloves, and I'll take care if the rest, you just need to be able to keep a secret, if you don't. I will have to teach you what happens when you screw me over, you may like you prostituting slut." He said grinning as he got closer to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tobi cringed inwardly. She hated being called names and his threat scared her. The names were less of a problem though...she was used to it and tried to just let them roll off her back and forget them.
"I dunno...um when we clean the uh kitchen next....uuuuh." She muttered thinking. This had been a horrible idea pairing up with him. She hated the place and she wanted out but it probably would just be safer to ride out her sentence.
"I think we in will have to clean uh clean it soon though...um...." She finished softly. Tobi didn't want to get Fredrick mad. He seemed like the type of person who would follow through with his promises and hurt her badly.

Fredrick nodded slowly. Even though she didn't get him a precise date on when the platoon will clean the kitchen, but at least now he knows that they'll be able to clean the kitchen. He gave her a slight smile of approval. "Okay good, now don't be so nervous. I know you don't have to freak out and studder like that, you know that right?" He asked her. "Just work with me, and don't squeal, you don't have to worry about a thing." He added.

Did she have to talk the way she did? Tobi didn't know she'd always talked like that. She'd never tried to talk any differently interacting with people was hard enough without having to worry about what you said.
Tobi gave a sigh of relief as they were called to form up again. It was time to go clean something or do whatever menial task the sergeant came up with to keep them busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.