Reflection.

Aiden was really trying his best to hold it together.. he hoped it was working

from the inside because on the inside he was tearing apart, fighting between this world

and the world he should be in right now

His sister got on his nerves a lot yes

but she was still his sister.. how could he just leave her

He closed his eyes running his fingers through her hair through with slightly trembling hands

"Go back to sleep"

The hand trembling did not bother her she knew what he was doing and his hands shook a lot. "I'll try please stay with me." She gripped onto his shirt before closing his eyes trying to fall asleep it took her longer then usual but soon her grip loosened. Now she was in dream land with no nightmares probably because she knew her brother was right beside her.

He felt her grip loosen after a while

and he debated whether or not to leave..

he wanted to get up..

but he was comming down off his high.

And if he didnt sleep he might have withdraws.. so he closed his eyes

letting it engulf him as well

the sleep at least

Until the lingering effects from the heroine wore off

then, if she was still asleep he would leave

but for now he would do anything to erase her screams

from is head

The whole rest of the night she remained snuggled up to her twin brother. They used to not care about sleeping like this since they were twins and so close she even missed it. Her soft breathing was almost like snoring to another persons ear but it was just breathing funny she always had this. Her eyes remained closed.

He woke up with her still asleep on him.

He had a massive heache.. probably because of the way he slept and

the fact that he kept so much on his mind

when he wasnt supposed to

at that time..

He moved slowly from underneath his sister, covering her with her blanket and quietly exiting the room

He had to get out

This house was so cold without their mother...

It was like doing time in prison..

He left another note next to the note he had already written

"Be home later"

Was all he wrote..

what else did she need to know?

He had wasted his night baby sitting her vulnerability

what else did she want from him?

These questions rang in his head as he closed the door behind him

When her brother moved she rolled over and cuddled under the blanket she did not wake up and was fully asleep. It was about an hour later that she woke up and yawned noticing her brother had left her. At least he stayed to watch her fall asleep she appreciated that. Next she got up and combed her hair putting it into a messy ponytail and then walked downstairs to get breakfast. She noticed the money on the counter and the notes how did he get so much money? She hoped that he had not done something stupid to get it.

When he got to his girlfriends house

She sat on the porch smoking weed

it was..

her drug of choice

"You looked like you had an interesting night" She said blankly

Her pale-ish blonde hair contrasting with the caked eye liner on her face

She was wearing a big nightmare before Christmas shirt with nothing under it

Typical Mya.

"I had to stay up... helping Becca, and In the process I killed my high"

She looked at him then passed him the weed, rolled to perfection

He looked at it and shook his head

"I dont mess with that crap.. you know that"

Mya shrugged "Its better then HEROINE" she exclaimed as she inhaled it

"No side effects.. at least no serious ones.. thats what I love about it"

She continued, knowing it upset him

"What can I say? Im addicted" He confessed, burying his hands in his pockets

"You'll die addicted" She said blankly.. her mind was gone.

"Look Mya I hear it enough at home.. Im TRYING" he looked at her glaring as she inhaled again

"You'll die trying" Again blankly said as smoke poured from her mout

He wanted to hit her.. He wanted to hit her so bad..

He needed his life line.

Quick.

Sighing she noticed the dishes that she had not cleaned the night before so she went over to the sink and started cleaning the dishes. The money was in her pocket and she would have to go to the store and get some food because there was none in the house anymore. She spent a few minutes washing the dishes probably cleaner then what she would have but she was thinking how did he get the money the same night? Sighing she put the dishes away after drying them and going upstairs to change her clothes from yesterday and go out to the store.

"Have you thought about college" Mya's dad said as he smoked his cigarette

Aiden sighed. "College isnt for me" He said leaning back and looking up at the cieling

He had to think of something though, he hadnt even told his sister about Mya being pregnant

and on top of that their younger brother Mark, was still in a coma..

the same coma he had been in for the past 2 years..

He got up, and began to walk out the door

"You know if you go to college.. you can get that financial aid check thatll pay for some stuff" He said in his

rather hill billy-ish accent

"Im still weighing my options" Aiden lied as he walked completely out

College was the last thing on his mind

the first thing was Heroine

and the second was going home, to Take care of his brother

Now she would have to go up and feed her brother through a tube in his stomach it always made her sick. The accident with him happened just after the death of their parents and she thought he did not that on purpse. The two were even closer then the twins and it hurt her to see him like this. The doctors told her that he could probably hear them when they talked and since it had been so long that he was in a coma he was sent home. "Hi Mark." She said the same tone as always when she came into the room cheerful and happy. Going over to the machine she saw they were getting low on the food she was given to feed him. There goes another 200$ to pay for a month of food for him she sighed and put the stuff that was in the bag into the tube.

Later on, when Aiden got home

He came in the room with Mark and his sister finishing up

Feeding him

which always turned his stomach

Maybe it would be different if he wouldntve known Mark all his life

If he always knew his brother to be in a coma then half of this wouldnt

be so difficult

but he remembered his brother before all of this...

when he was active and always putting a smile on everyone's face. Aidens eyes were glossy

He hated seeing his brother like this

"Hey mark" He finally choked out.

This was so damn hard for him

When her brother came home she turned towards him and looked at him. "Maybe you should spend some time with him. I bet he would like that." Mark was one of the few things he cared about and she knew it hurt him to see him like this for so long. Maybe her brother was not waking up because he would have to face the thought of finding out again that their parents had died once more. She saw him get chocked up and gently put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"Im fine" Aiden said shrugging his sister off and kneeling down to Mark.

He loved his brother

More than anything accept his sister

but this was a different kind of love

A love that exists only between brothers

and it was slowly dwindling away..

"Mark.. you didnt have to deal with the pain of loosing our parents.. you made sure.. you were

Sleeping" Aiden said moving hair from his brothers eyes

"Thats playing dirty Mark" He said half smiling.. his eyes still glossy

When he pushed her away she sighed knowing that's exactly what he would do. She stayed near the door and watching him a side of him she almost never sees. It was true he made sure he was sleeping so he wouldn't have to go through the pain but he wouldn't have had to deal with it alone. Even so she wished it did not happen to be her brother in a coma and it made things worse betwee her and Aiden.

She looked up at his sister wiping his eyes a bit

"There is a preocedure.. they are testing it out on..

patiens who have been in a coma for atleast 2 years... and

So that meansMark fits the qualifications..

They believe they can bring patients in deep comas out...

and somewhat revive them.. the procedure costs 4000 dollars.. but Im going

to start saving up.. it might work.. it might not but I am willing to try"

He would give up anything for his brother back

even his.. lifeline

Becca pondered the thought about that but they could not afford it. Four thousand dollars was a lot of money. "If you want to do that I would have to get a job." She said crossing her arms and waiting for an answer but what if they procedure does not work that money would pay for a lot of food. They had less then fifteen hundred dollars now in the bank and that was enough for about one month rent and food. They were really low and she wanted to get a job.

"No We dont need jobs okay??" He exclaimed looking back at her

"Im going to pull of few strings get some more money and maybe get some of our family members to send us somethings

and when I tell them about the procedure they are going to send us money okay?? all you need to focus on is school"

He said getting up

"Damn Becca you act like you dont understand english.. didnt you listen to anything mom and dad taught us?" He said

as he brushed passed her out of the room and into his own

Another fight she sighed and leaned against the wall while he left the room. After she walked over to her brother's bed and sat down on it. "Life was so much simpler when you were awake." Mark would never let Aiden talk to her like that and things probably would have been very different. She placed a hand on his arm hoping for a response she always hoped but never gotten one maybe this time would be differe but she didn't think so.

Aiden could not live like this anymore.

He had to do something

Anything

He paced his room, thinking about what to do...

He called Kyle who always had jobs lined up

even if they werent the best of jobs

anything.. as long as money was comming..

Aiden would do it

"I don't think I can deal with this anymore." She said to Mark and started crying knowing nothing would happen with him but she still hoped. Her school was online right now and she was happy about that she would be able to make her own hours. Her tears were quiet but a few landed on his arm.