Red's Secrets

"Yes. Maybe...I could take you out...to a movie or something." he said, staring her down.

At only an arm's length away, Wolf smiled.

"Ok, hold on." She held her hands up to stop him. "A date? No freaking way. Friends first then." Red suddenly flashed him a grin, "Some lunch might be good though."

A puzzled came across his face. Her apparent conclusion of his intention was a bit different from his goal.

"Don't ahead of yourself. A date would imply that I have feelings for you. I just wanted to get a fresh start." he said with a chuckle

Red rolled her eyes and laughed. "Fine then - lunch tomorrow?" She shrugged her backpack over her shoulders.

Without a word, he smiles and exits through the bushes. Wolf had her scent, now. Tomorrow, he decided that tracking and surprize with lunch would be a good idea. For now, it was time to head home and plan.

Red watched him go, her expression impassable. She headed out of the woods, not sure what had happened to her.

The next morning, she awoke early, and quickly dressed for her usual run.

Wolf ended up falling asleep, just outside a random cottage. An older woman comes out screaming and chooses to beat him with an old broom. It was apparent that this doorstep was not doggy-friendly. He groaned but left without doing anything they both would regret.

Red ran along the path which skirted the village, and gradually she began to feel that familiar burn in her thighs which meant she was working her muscles in the way she loved. She glanced up ahead as she ran up the path, and caught sight of a familiar form. "Hey!" she called out to get his attention.