Redhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing out loud Reelixa had to hold her stomach from the pain. Wiping a tear from her eye she chuckled a little as she said "I'm pretty sure my people invented blackmail" regaining her composure she smiled. "What did you have in mind?"

Eolas chuckled lightly, "I could tell you who invented blackmail and why. Though because someone creates something does not mean everyone excels at it." She placed her hand near some specific words in her text, "I have some information the blackhoods would absolutely love to hear. The only requirement is their kind participation."

She closed her book quickly, "Its in regards to their crimes and punishment." She gave a knowing smile.

Blood trickled down his arm as Xanos limped through the Black Wood. His grey hood hugged his horns and cast a shadow across his face. He had not planned on being ambushed by the blackhoods, but then again, he was stupid enough to believe anyone would offer help to a tiefling. His kind weren't particularly welcomed in this plane of existence.

In the distance, he spotted a hutch. The half-demon made his way to the structure. Maybe it has supplies so that I may tend to my wounds He thought. He had reached the door before he collapsed. His head bounced off the wooden frame with a resounding thump as the tiefling was rendered unconscious.

Jumping about three feet straight up at the loud thump on the door unknowingly she had drawn both her daggers and was holding them up, ears flattened.

"What the hell was that! Or I guess I should say who the hell was that" she flexed her muscles and opened the door slowlt, preparing to strike f necessary. Gasping to see a huge hooded cretire at her door Reelixa foze.

Eolas jumped to her feet as well. She rushed over to the door and glanced at who or what was outside. Immediately she kneeled at the figures side and tried to see what had cause him to collapse. "Reelixa, they are injured pretty badly...I could probably help them but I'll need some help bringing the person into the light." She had a frown marring her face and she was concerned. Eolas had never been fond of seeing people injured, it was something that drove part of her studies in the lost arts of healing and medical care. "Perhaps we can find out what has happened, or if they will help us in return..."

The tiefling passed in and out of consciousness. His dreams filled with visions of his life back in Blood Rift, his home. He saw his father, the chief, and the battle in which he was lost. When he awoke, his wounds had been bandaged and he was surrounded by two strangers. His amber colored eyes gleamed. Xan quickly looked around his room for his belongings, desperately looking for his satchel. He found everything stowed on a table in the far corner.

"...My name is Xanos" the tiefling introduced himself. He paused be fore continuing "thank you for the assistance. May I ask, who you two are?"

Breathing heavily with her ears still back Reelixa heaved he creature in onto he table and helped bad age him up. When he awoke she kind of just stared into his eyes, kind of dark and mysterious like her.

"My name is Reelixa."

Eolas had been observing the man until he woke, curious as to how he was injured. "I am Eolas. What trouble befell you that you were injured so?" She had a frown upon her face and seemed distressed that he was injured.

Xanos took a deep breath in before responding. "I was ambushed...by blackhoods" he explained "I was told by a merchant that there may be a man in the Black Wood that has what I am looking for" The half-demon winced as he got out of the bed. He spotted a druidic book in the corner of his eye and turn to face it. "Where did you get that book?" he asked the duo with a hint of surprise in his voice. If the Druid and the Elf planned on using the text against his enemies, he may have use to stay with the group.

Eolas Quickly grabbed her text and clipped it onto her belt having forgotten it was out. "It is one of my belongings. Something of a project of mine you could say." She took in what he said about his injuries, "Hm, we may have similar destinations for now. Besides I would like to be able to observe your injuries while they heal. If that is okay with you..."

"That is perfectly fine" Xanos nodded. Some companions would help his cause. The tiefling ran his fingers through his long back hair out of habit "Where are we off to now?" he asked. Suddenly a scent filled Xanos's nose. "Hold that thought, we have company." he whispered. In haste he put on his light armor and strapped his blades to his sides. Gesturing at the Elf and Druid to stay quiet, he peered out the window. Blackhoods. At least a dozen of them. This was not going to be fun. On the bright side, the tiefling was already bleeding, and soon, so would they.

Hissing her claws extended and she unholsterd her daggers.

"Shit, they've never found this place before.... well I guess now we have to kill them all so they can't report where it is..."

Just then an arrow shot through the window to her left and she rolled to the floor to avoid it. The door was kicked open and in they can, arrows and swords blazing in their gross fury.

Itzcoatl stayed during most of the time the other two had been tending to the new person, but the arrival of the Blackhoods was more than enough to spur him into action. He stands up and uses his psychokinetics to bring his spear to his right hand. As a Blackhood shot an arrow at him he strafed leftwards, letting it veer into something that wasn't him. He then uses his power to lift and shoot the arrow back with the intention of returning it to its sender and hit them dead on. "If they are to die then so be it." he simply replies. Whitehoods, Blackhoods, whatever hoods. To the farseer, they were practically all the same.

Eolas dropped to the floor to evade incoming arrows. "They must have been trying to follow their escaped prey. At least in their minds." Since she could not really assist in attacking she tried to stay out of everyone's way and wait if they needed to be healed.

Xanos's eyes burned like embers. The blood from his wounds spiraled down his arms in a controlled stream. They collected on his blades. With a quick incantation, his weapons were alive with fire. The smell of brimstone filled the air. The tiefling rushed the first blackhood in his way with inhuman speed, knocking him out of the way, and clearing the door. Taking the battle outside would give him the advantage. The half-demon one arm in the air and with a swift move, brought a hail of bloody arrows down. Four blackhoods hit the ground, never to move again. Their blood that spilled would come in handy for the warlock's blood magic.

Eolas watched as Xanos cut through the blackhoods with a bit of awe and hesitance. Her people were not innately fighters so she was not use to such bloodshed. She herself chose to study healing and nature which was the exact opposite of the violence she was witnessing. It was important though to remember, this is what their end goal might end up being. Now was the time to grow use to it and try not to back down. Ducking to avoid an arrow she felt her heart pound. Maybe it would be best if she learned a some time of aggressive combat to help later on. That might help her with this unease.

Snapping herself out of her daze she glanced up as her companions continued to whittle down the blackhoods already small numbers.

As Itzcoatl followed suit out of the hideout his future sight foresaw several Blackhoods close in to attempt to gang up on him. As his tremorsense picked up on their rapidly approaching footsteps he acted immediately. With a quick motion he threw his spear, not even waiting to see if it hit before moving onto others. He knew it would be fine, as it was already foretold. He decides to throw one to the side with psychokinesis like he was throwing away a piece of trash. Weak in willpower as well as strength? Were they even really bad enough to deserve those hoods? The steady rhythm he felt from the ground and the ensuing battle brought him a small measure of happiness. It reminded him of a lot of the fighting as a guard he had done before the accident that robbed him of his vision.

His eyes flared with a green color as he uses his power to smack the heads of two of his opponents together before flinging them into other Blackhoods. With a flick of his wrist his spear dislodged itself from the chest cavity of a fallen enemy and was flung again at an attacker. A small smile played on his face. Seems like some things never change.

Xanos panted as the skirmish ended. A stranger he was not yet acquainted with had help the group take out the rest of the blackhoods. The girls did not seem surprised by the man's appearance in battle, so he must have been travelling with them. "Thanks." Xanos nodded towards the man with green flaring eyes. The half-demon sheathed his blades and recalled the blood back into his wounds. "These might need re-bandaging." he winced "Sorry."

After clearing up the mass of bodies, the group went back into the hutch to gather their things, and plan for their next move.

The young farseer gives a small bow to Xanos as he thanks him. "You're welcome." he replies as he pulls his spear back to him. As the green flare went away he wiped some of the blood off of his spear. All this and hardly a scratch on them. well except for any wounds they had previously received. On the bright side, at least cleanup didn't take long and he had no packing up to do since he had everything already on him. He leaves his spear by the door as he helps in cleanup and disposal. "So if I recall correctly from before this little incident our idea was some old-fashioned 'recruitment', right?" he asks out loud to the ladies as he assists.

Eolas quickly rose and grabbed one of her satchels she had left when tending to Xanos' wounds earlier as they all entered back into the hutch. Upon hearing the tiefling's words she piped up,"Re-bandaging is definitely something I can do for you." With that she let him sit down and quickly started work on changing the dressing of his wound. She clucked her tongue as she saw that he had worsened the wound a bit more. Quickly she reached into her bag and grabbed out a few small containers and a cloth. "This'll probably sting, but that is the least of concerns..." Opening one up she quickly grabbed some so that the scent didn't overpower anyone in the small space and applied it to the cloth and began dabbing it lightly on his wound while muttering an ancient incantation to herself throughout the process.

After she was sure it was as clean as she could get it she began applying the other ointments she had with her and re-wrapped his injury. Quickly she shot him a look, "Please do try and be careful." She then withdrew and began checking over the other members quickly. Finding herself satisfied with their condition she nodded to herself and excused herself calmly, "Indeed we were, but I am going to tend to the remains of the enemies before I speak any more. Do feel free to plan without me for now." With that she quickly grabbed her belongings and stepped outside to take in the remains of the blackhoods. Lightly she moved those in good condition into a line and after doing what she could for them began the small funeral hymn she had known all her life for these people. While they were wicked, all deserve rest in their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.