Redhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may have gotten lost. Or delayed, or maybe even killed along the way. Itzcoatl and the others agreed to travel separately, and they knew the risks of doing so. Regardless of when they arrive, the mission had to start as soon as one of them made it. So, she was some kind of thief? Hardly better than what her initial impression had been leading him to believe, but he hardly considered it his business to comment on it. "Fascinating life you must lead." he remarks to her. "I will say that regardless of my allies' whereabouts, we knew the risk of traveling separately from one another. I'm starting whether they show up or not." He may able to see into the future, but setting a clientele list to a schedule based on his powers would probably be a poor choice.

Still, he had a question of his own for her. "So, have a name I can call you by?" he asks her. "I'm Itzcoatl."

Kendra was sitting in the back of the predatory cat as she traveled to her destination. She was searching through a text until a voice echoed in her head. Eolas. Two people are near. I can hear them. Petting the head of the cat she spoke up, "Let us draw near then and see what they say." Putting away her book she jumped off of the cats back and walked side by side with him until they reached the two travelers.

Observing the two before they noticed her was entertaining enough. They seemed to be in the middle of a dispute. "Hello dear travelers. Pray tell, do you mean to chat here? Or am I free to rest here?"

(Sorry if this is choppy >.< on my phone)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Reelixa." Reaching out a clawed hand for him to shake she quickly got her mind straight and pulled her claws in for him to shake and not get stabbed. Just as they finished shaking Kendra arrived and Reelixa immediately went for her daggers.

"We are not going to stop you... unless it is required. So please, do as you wish..." her ears flattened slightly at the sight of the large cat but she kept her cool.

"Were you sent here for the same reason we were or are you here on different business?" She hissed through her teeth as calmly as she could, her eyes never leaving the feline.

Itzcoatl was going to reply the same as Reelixa, but was beat to the punch for it. So, at least the elf was definitely here for the same reason as him. He wondered if the newcomers was also the same. "It's largely a public square, if I'm not mistaken. Go right on ahead." he remarks before Reelixa starts hissing. This was going to be an...interesting evening, to say the least. He pulls his cloak a little closer to himself now that evening was coming around. His tremorsense was more than enough to tell him whoever this was had something large with them.

Kendra gave a small chuckle at the elf's hostility. "You need not stop me. I mean no one any harm. I simply set out for lending aid where I am able." She pet her cat on the head to soothe him. Then looking at the man she grinned. "History says this ground is more than that though." She then ignored her cat's agitated call to her.

Taking a step or two further she continued on, "It is the land where heroes have been raised time and time again. Many shall rise in the future as well. Such is history. Almost as if...on going cycles. But I digress. I mean to meet a group here if that is what you reference." She finished her words carrying with them a gentle kindness and an air of knowledge.

"We should wait here for only a little longer and then we have to find refuge to talk about the pressing business at hand in safety." Looking around cautiously for anyone listening in, "I have a place just down the way in the Black woods that no one knows of..."

Not wanting to see, too nervous about the large feline Reelixa crouched down and flexed her claws into the sand, almost in stress relief as well as making the other party aware of her skill.

"Personally I would prefer sooner than later for refuge." Itzcoatl remarks to the two. "Been a bit of a long trek for me. And not just in distance, either." he sighs. At least, a fair portion of some of the things he had been wondering were coming together. He was glad to have found some allies so soon, though his face didn't show it at all. "If we're lucky enough, there won't be a need for too many more cycles." he says as he pulls his hood back. The open air felt nice on his face and along the cloth strip covering his eyes. Since everyone is letting some of themselves be known, he may as well too.

Kendra nodded her head in understanding and motioned for her cat to move in the shadows. "It would be wise to move elsewhere." She paused as she took in her new found companions with some interest. As a keeper of knowledge it would be her task to recall this meeting later. Names...she had not forgotten just yet. One of the key things to help denote history. "Before we go further, my name is seldom used, though most address me as Eolas. My companion is Alistar, an animal who assissts me."

Sniffing the air in their direction Reelixa nods in acknowledgement and loosens her claws a little. Standing she cocksl her head to the side and watches the horizen.

"Alright let's go, the sun is disappearing and we should not be caught out in the open in the darkness so close to the Black Woods.." her voice trailing off she runs a hand over a long scar on her upper left arm. "Come with me if you want to live..." she whispered in an almost comic tone but the fear buried in her eyes suggests her seriousness.

Over the cobblestones they silently move down towards the tall cedar and elm trees that house the Black woods and she leads them through two large oak trees and down through their tangled roots into a well hidden hutch just big enough for the three of them.

"Sorry but I don't think Alistar can fit inside...." her ears flatten again slightly.

"My name is Itzcoatl." the young farseer replies, giving a small but respectful to her after he finishes his introduction. He hoped that their refuge would be safe for a little while. At least until they get a concrete plan on what they were going to do. This was a bit different than what he had planned, but it was a welcome change. He couldn't help but wonder if his elder has foresaw this whole thing, or only enough to send him where he needed to be.

It wasn't too difficult to keep track, but even he could see that they were going out into the Black Woods. He had a faint hope that maybe the others were just delayed. Sometimes foresight worked in mysterious ways. He decides he will go in after the others do. At least it was big enough for the three of them. Despite her warning of the large feline not being able to fit, his future sight gave no hints of danger for the time being.

As they journeyed through the woods she smiled slightly, "A nice name indeed. Apologies if I seem...a little over enthusiastic by the way. It is something that comes along with my life path." Kendra took in the woods around her and nodded to herself. Nice enough, prospect all around. Immediately she thought of various tales centered around the Black Woods.

When the elf spoke up about Alistair she noticed her ears flattening. A dislike, or at least so she thought might be the case. "It is no complication." Quickly she turned and looked Alistar in the eye. "Stay to the shadows friend." With that he disappeared into the for

Sighing slightly in relief Reelixa led the way inside and they all sat at a large wooden table. She poured some spiced tea mixture into three mugs and then stated at Itzcoatl and Eolas.

"Now that we are safe I believe I should tell you my real occupation. You deserve to know, I am an assassin by hire. People need others killed and don't want to get their hands dirty so I handle it for them. Around this town though I am simply known as the theif." She crossed her arms and smirked to herself, "I figured you should know my skills we not just limited to stealing before we begin this rebellion..."

She wanted so badly to be a part of something noble for a change. Her life had always been shadows and disgrace due to her criminal heritage. She never expected to be told of such a heroic plan but when she was told by a strange old warlock in the Black Woods, she couldn't say no. Her chance to become something other than what she was destined to be

Well, she was being honest enough with them about her real profession. Of course, whether she could be trustworthy was a question to be fully answered in time. So far she hadn't seemed too bad. The young farseer leans his spear against the table they were sitting at. Using his psychokinesis he brings one of the mugs, his nonfunctional eyes glowing a soft green as the mugs moves close enough that he wouldn't have to guess at where it would be. When it arrives close to the edge of his part of the table the glow of his eyes fade away and the mug stops moving.

"An assassin, huh? Well, guess that explains quite a bit." he says as he takes a drink of the tea from the mug. "I doubt we'll hear any complaints about it from the rebels." Of course, that assumed she would be as open with any others as she was being with them. He couldn't help but wonder about this whole situation. Had it been anyone else who told him to go he would have considered this whole thing a fool's errand. "I don't have much of anything else to say regarding my own skills, at this point I've let two out of three of the things I can do be known."

Eolas took the information in and tried not to let her excitement show too much. An assassin and a blind man with psychokinesis. Mentally she was taking notes as she reached forward and picked up her mug. After taking a sip she calmed down a bit and looked back to her companions.

"Such movements require the skills of many people. They would be foolish to deny the help of those who have made themselves a name." She observed Reelixa and Itzcoatl as she continued to speak making sure she wasn't going to miss something crucial. "If you had not guessed, I am a druid. I have little talents that would make me notable to a stray curious glance. Though I have a few tricks up my sleeve." Eolas gave a soft smile and set her mug gently upon the table.

Curiously Reelixa stared at Eolas, she had never actually seen a druid before, they were rare here in the Black woods.

"Well let's get down to business. We have to figure out where this show of rebellion will begin and end. Who are we killing and what plausible plan do we have to overthrow this whole thing?" Her claws clicked against her mug as she took a swig, orange spice and vanilla, her favorite.

"I think the end point will be simple enough. Either a complete reform of the Whitehoods, or a complete disbanding/wiping out of them." Itzcoatl says after taking another sip. "They are just as bad as the Blackhoods. Only real difference is that one used to be respectable." he continues, a tinge of bitterness lurking in his tone of voice. These corrupt 'lawmen' had already nearly wiped all of his kind out once before. He wouldn't mind reminding them they weren't as great as they thought they were. "Wanton won't likely help in the long run though. Until we gather more strength, I recommend hitting smaller targets first."

Satch in her chin thinking Reelixa true to remeber the next of the outpost in town that the Whitehoods had wiped out years ago. Now there were rumors that Blackhoods resided there.

"Well there is an outpost in town that the blackhoods are supposedly using lately we could start there and see if there are any willing, well any trustworthy enoguth, to fight with us. Get a little more man power before we take this to the Whitehoods.." throwing her feet up on the table she leaned back and stretched, becoming more comfortable with the new comers in her home as the minutes passed.

Eolas closed her eyes as she thought their objective over, "The end goal should be reform. Obliteration of the order does little except say we want vengeance and believe we can get away with it. That wouldn't make us better than the whitehoods in any way. Reform means we can spread the message that we seek balance. It will be easier to sway others to our side that way as well. Enforce a 'you won't die immediately if you stray' motto. It is easy to escalate if necessary. Very difficult to do the opposite."

She opened her eyes as she felt the table move a bit. "Recruitment is definitely our best option. Especially with our aggressive goals." Then she began to think through history's tales of such movements. Before she could stop herself she started murmering, "...blackhoods, blackhoods. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Hm..." Quickly she pulled her book out and started searching through the margins where a mass of words were scrawled.

Raising an eyebrow Reelixa peered over the book, unable to read the words written there.

"What language is that?"

Eolas barely looked up at the question, "Ancient Druid text. Extremely rare nowadays, whitehoods tried to destroy it due to some crucial...information." Blackhoods, there was something here about their punishment. It could prove useful but she wanted to check to assure herself. Flipping through the pages she finally found what she was looking for and grinned in triumph. She quickly looked to Reelixa, "Would you consider yourself reasonable at, well, blackmail?"

Status
Not open for further replies.