Redemption Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karou shrugged and tipped her head back to look at the night sky. "I'm not sure what I should tell Gabriel. Any normal would have vaporized you as soon as it was revealed you were a demon but...then again I've never really been a "normal" angel. I've always been too curious for my own good."

"Better too curious than ambitious" He copied her movement, and then he realized he didn't know her name.

"I'm Damien, by the way" He introduced himself "And you are?" He asked, not familiar with her from his time before falling with Lucifer and the others.

Karou smiled, glancing over at him. "I just call it sucking up." She giggled, looking back up at the sky. When he introduced himself Karou looked at him. "I'm Karou. It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, Karou" Damien stood. He breathed in the night air. "Quite the odd situation we have" He started pacing, deep in thought as he looked directly at Karou. "I'm out of the big game and don't really want back in," he paused to turn his attention to the lovely night sky "but Gabriel isn't going to let a demon roam free"

He sat back down "I know we just met but....can I trust you to just tell him you didn't find anything? I don't have the juice to fend off an Archangel"

Karou bit her lip. If they found out she had lied to an Arch Angel, or even worse, willingly helped a demon her wings would be torn off for sure. But...there was something about this demon that was different from others she had met. She just couldn't find it in her heart to turn him in. Decided, she nodded. "I won't tell Gabriel the true. You have my word. But I need your word that you will behave and not make me regret what I'm about to do."

"Scouts' honor" Damien pledged with a smile. He breathed a sigh of relief and wondered for a bit how he would be living his life from now on. All he had known was the big game. Sure, for the sake of the mission he'd taken on a few human personas, but never an entire life. This human world was all about numbers and where you belong just like the higher powers.

Maybe the Angel has some pointers.

"You wouldn't happen to be a Gregori would you? One of those angels watching humans live their normal little lives? I would certainly appreciate some advice on where to go from here." He asked, sitting back down. As of this moment the only idea he had was to try and hide among some illegals for the next century.

Karou shook her head. "Sadly, I am not. But, I've been coming and going from the human world enough to know quite a bit about human living." She said with a smile.

"Ah, well then," Damien began, getting relatively more relaxed now that he knew this angel wasn't interested at all in vaporizing him. "I don't know what other duties Gabe has you on, but would you mind showing me the ropes a bit?"

Karou tilted her head to the side slightly, giving the male a curious look as a smile stretched her lips. "You want me to teach you how to be human?" she asked in amusement.

Status
Not open for further replies.