Red Walls, Cold Halls

• Thread starter Chimerical Serenity
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Cassie
Personality: She is easily frustrated and annoyed, as many ideas she tries raising are hard to understand for others. She is also very blunt and sometimes overly critical in her judgement of other people, causing others to be weary of her. But, Cassie actually has a kind heart and is more than willing to help people in time of need. Adding on, if she finds someone she likes, she is immediately dependent on them and becomes very devoted and loyal to that single person.
Special Ability: Her brain works at a fast pace, so fast that her verbal abilities are not on par with her thoughts.

Stepping out of the room, she was bombarded with sudden light. Had the outside always been so bright? Cassie looked around cautiously, taking in the sight of the impeccable walls of the corridor that seemed to stretch for miles. As she had so thought, she wasn't the only one kept locked up. There were other rooms, identical to her's apart from the cell's number, all of them agape and swung wide open. She started down the hallway, careful in her footsteps so that they didn't echo on the cold, marble floor. Venturing leftwards, she took step after step, peering into the harsh light from the florescent tubes above her. She saw a few lone figures in the distance and studied their profiles for a while. Seeing as they were all wearing the same uniform as her, her steps didn't falter and she took long strides in her haste to get to them.

(Also I know, I know, I'm such a rotten potato. I haven't even put one RP post down, heh. Bad me. Very bad. Thanks for AAB for PMing me about it, or I would have just continued to waste away and most probably would have died and decomposed before I actually posted anything.)

Corrie scurried to keep up with the group, Finley keeping pace directly beside her. She had to attempt speaking a couple of times before she actually made any sound, but after a moment she managed to ask a hesitant sounding question. "But- can't you just imagine the food?" She looked between the others, her gaze lingering on the girl who looked like she was about to pass out from hunger. "I mean, isn't that why you're here? Because you can do what I do?" She tilted her head slightly, confused.

Daniel's body froze when he heard yelling from down a different hall. His breathing was scarce, with fear or any negative thinking his power goes haywire. He calmed himself and remembered he wasn't alone. With that in mind his smile returned but Corrie placed his attention back on Luna, "Oh dear you look as though you'll faint." Daniel was quite concerned for the other, she needed food and so did the other. What caught him off gaurd was what Corrie had said. "Make food out of thoughts?" He was surprised she could generate food that way, Daniel only assumed people had levitation that varied to others. "I can't make food out of thought, but I can move objects and stuff with my mind."

Abbie shook softly as she hugged the door, trying to control the fear and frustration brought on by the sudden change. The pattern wasn't gone; it was just a different pattern. And she had to find the pattern.

Slowly, Abbie looked back into the hallway and breathed heavily, as one would while ending a good cry. She gingerly stepped out of her room and along the edge of the hallway, making a tap-tap-tap- along the wall with her knuckles as she walked.

"I mean, isn't that why you're here? Because you can do what I do?" There were voices around the corner. Abbie kept walking, not willing to break her new pattern yet. She walked right bast the others, people dressed as she was, people who the same thing must have happened to.

Abbie paused and turned to look at the others. "What is it now?" she asked, referring to the new pattern they must have found.

Nearing the group of five, Cassie immediately launched into speech, 'I'm hungry. Presumably, you all are. We should go find food.' Immediately, Cassie set of in pursuit of a exit. How could they stand there, idle in wait just for something to happen? It was preposterous. Cassie smoothed her hands along the walls, trying to find a latch or a groove of some sort to exit the long corridor. There must be food somewhere. They seemed to be in an institution of sorts. She remembered the word from a long time ago. Long before she was trapped in her room #7654635. But that seemed like a dream now, so far away. In even in her reminiscence, Cassie didn't stop continuing to methodically sweep the wall, tilting her face to look for unusual gravures or dents in the wall.

Looking back, she saw the five standing there, as if shocked. A flare of irritation sparked in Cassie, and she immediately barked, 'What are you doing! Help me! You want to get food, don't you?' Not even bothering to see their reactions, Cassie continued down the hallway, letting her hand run over the walls, chalk smears dirtying her hands. She continued along, before a slight she felt a slight tremor from the opposite side of the wall. And another. And another. She immediately pressed herself to the wall, desperate to feel it again, at the same time, shouting, 'I've found something!' Cassie's voice was loud and sounded triumphant, echoing through the hallways.

Name: Edward (Eddy)
Personality: Some might call him crazy, but he's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. He never leaves anyone out. He can be talkative at times but be the quietest at other times. He smiles a lot, which adds to the assumption that he's completely mad, but he's always honest, he's incapable of lying. He also loves being the comedian.
Special Ability: He's able to hack into, over ride, activate, etc. anything that has an electrical feed or technical purpose.

Edward was munching down on this plethora of food he found. However, Edward didn't know that the food he was eating had to be defrosted then cooked, but he still enjoyed it as if it was one of his course meals he'd been getting for all these years. Once Edward called a quits to trying to thaw out some mystery meat, he decided to walk back the way he came. He lifted a hand to open the hidden door to this freezer only to come face to face with an odd girl and five other people. His eyes widened. "Woah you're a girl! I've only seen pictures of girls. YOU'RE A REAL GIRL!" Edward reached for her chest, right before remembering girls don't like that. "Oh yeah that's right. You guys don't like being 'touched' I read it in a book ages ago. I don't have those though. They're really cool!...hey so can we like leave? I want to go exploring some more." Edward smiled at the rest of the group then back at the girls chest. "Can they talk?"

Cassie startled at the sudden opening in front of her, before staring beyond it, looking outwards into the sudden coldness that blew out. Shivering, she took a tentative step forwards, before abruptly flinching back from hands that were suddenly located at the front of her chest. Her brows wrinkled as she saw a stature of a boy beyond the gaping hole in the wall, before asking albeit a bit suspiciously and glaring at the bordering maniac smile he had on his face, 'Another captive, I presume? How did you find the food? Hmm. Must be some sort of special ability that allows you to hack into the building's system, or at least to be able to view the place's map. Interesting. You've found food, haven't you?'

The boy nodded at them, before thrusting the raw meat in front of himself, presenting it to them. Cassie and all the others flinched away from the sudden tangy smell of raw meat and blood. Cassie was barely conscious of the other's behind her, but she loosely presumed that they too were inching towards the food that the other had beside him; though the food didn't seem very pleasant, it was more than welcoming. Any sustenance would be welcome by now; it had almost been a whole day after their last meal, and because of their lack of exercise and movement on a daily basis, any movements the captives made would take in triple of their strength. Cassie, after a bit of hesitation, took the hunk of meat from the other boy's hands slowly, as if not to startle him, and put it hesitantly in her mouth, mulling over it and savoring the taste of the energy provided.

Name: Charlotte
Personality: She is very lighthearted and puts a little too much trust in other people even when she really shouldn't. But she doesn't really talk a whole lot and tries to think of others before herself, and is very dependent on the people she trusts.
Special Ability: She's able to mask a person or thing from others ability, so that other people can't use their ability said on person or thing. However it puts a lot of strain on her mentally, So she can only do it in short bursts.
Appearance: Long gingerbread colored hair and eyes, And pale sickly colored skin with a thin almost anorexic body structure.

When the door opened instead of getting food needless to say Charlotte was quite shocked. Since everyday before this day she had always gotten food at this time, But she decided to take it in stride and go outside to find some food to eat. Since by the looks of things she won't get any food by just standing there. When Charlotte went outside she was surprised it wasn't a another room like hers. Seeing that it was quite a large corridor with more open doors leading to other white rooms like hers. Charlotte started walking through the corridor making sure she was quiet. There might be monsters here after all. And since the only information she had of the outside world was fairy tale books she had read she thought that monsters weren't a impossibility. As Charlotte walked she soon saw a group of people like her in the distance. She wasn't sure whether or not to talk to them, But she decided it would be safer to be with others than be alone. Besides they could protect her from monsters. So Charlotte walked towards them and said "Hello".

Abbie spun around as she heard a voice behind her. She looked at Charlotte carefully. Brown hair, skinny, female. "Hello. Hello?" Abbie seemed to ask, "Where are we at, where why and how, something is wrong here so please tell me now." Putting a rhythm to her words made them easier to say. Abbie's neck twisted as she looked up at the ceiling It was the same as in her room. Tiled. She silently counted the tiles.

Charlotte was little confused as to why Abbie was speaking in rhyme. Was that the way most people from the outside talk perhaps? But she put that thought aside for the time being and tried to answer her question. "Um I don't know. I only just came out of one of those white rooms a little bit ago." Charlotte spoke attentively. "Do you know where we can find food? I am quite hungry. Also why are you looking at the ceiling?" 'This girl is a little strange' Charlotte thought. 'But she seems nice'.

Name; Calder
Personality; Calder is the quiet type. He often comes across as cold and calculating but that's usually because he chooses to sit and observe instead of influence.
Appearance: Thin and tall with medium length silver hair. And grey eyes. His scion is paddle from lack of sunlight throughout his detainment.
Ability: Calder is unusually aware when it comes to other people. He's not able to read minds; it's more like being able to read peoples auras, intentions and feelings. His ability is likely the cause of his quiet and observant personality.

How long had it been since the doors had opened? Minutes? Hours? Calder was unsure. Being locked away for so long gave him a diminished concept of time. He didn't know what was on the out side. In fact, he hadn't moved from his bed since the doors had been unlocked. He felt fear and confusion oozing from the outside, which gave h him a natural aversion. But even he knew that he couldn't stay in his cell forever. Breakfast hadn't been delivered. The schedule had never been broken before. It was safe to assume that if breakfast hadn't come, lunch probably wouldn't come either. The only way to survive would be to leave and find sustenance for himself.

But the mass confusion outside was still a problem. Confusion was often followed by aggression. It was probably best to avoid the others. The silver haired boy kept Low as he finally left his cell, in search of the kitchen. He remembered the direction that the footsteps always came from when he was fed, and headed that way, trying to the best of his ability to avoid the other kids who roamed the Hall randomly, hiding behind various objects as they passed by.

Along his path he noticed a group who seemed to have joined together. They were more likely to survive than the others who roamed around aimlessly and without a plan. However the intentions of others weren't certain, even with an ability such as Calder's. He wasn't interested in a social gathering, but it appeared he wouldn't be able to continue without passing them. He attempted to avoid contract as he walked part the kids who had gathered, while listening carefully for any information they may have collected together. But it seemed they were only exchanging pleasantries. Disappointing... Perhaps their chances of survival weren't as great as he had initially judged. They hadn't come this way by plan. They just meet here by chance... There was probably nothing they could offer for the sake of survival...

Daniel noticed the large group that was forming and was beginning to feel a little overwhelmed. It was best to relax and think a little deeper into his overreacting thoughts. It was the only way to calm himself or else things will go haywire. While he thought he leaned against the wall and started his calming process. At first it was only him, now two, then two more. It was nice to have people around but they needed to move on from pleasantries and move towards an exit or see why they were here in the first place. Eddy came from that corridor, but why did it have seamless door entrance? Daniel was naturally curious and wanted answers when ever possible. While everyone was distracted by hunger and food he placed an impression into the wall. With his psychic ability it leaves a trace for him to follow but it's never gives off a definite point.

With his way point placed he slipped past his group and went down the hall and felt an ominous presence. As he continued down the hall it looked different, it was white sure, but there was colored coded lines on the ground. One was red, the other blue, the next was green and the last was black. For now he followed green which only took him to the kitchen area. It was already a mess, so Eddy really did find food. He grabbed some fruit and made a few trail behind him, Daniel can be quite lazy at times. As he made his way back he followed blue to see where it led to and it was an odd place. The halls had lots of doors on them and no one was inside. Some had photos of people and others had confiscated items. It had to be where the nurses and such lived when they needed time off, but where did they go?

It was time to head back, Daniel needed to think of a plan and a way out of here. He didn't want to spend another day in this place. Following the lines back to the group he saw they were still talking to one another. "I see you guys haven't moved much from this place yet." He said with a smile as food trailed behind him. "I hope you didn't mind me exploring a little. There so much more to this place than I though." Daniel sat on the floor, he was tired from all the walking and really needed to think out loud. His head was really hurting from all of his questions. "Through that hall is where all the nurses and scientist came from. They have their own rooms and much different than ours, but I didn't see them. There were colored coded lines to signal where to go. There still two I need to go through. What ever happened must have been bad but I'll need more time exploring back there for me to know for sure." Daniel felt better letting out, inside thinking hurts for some odd reason.

"Sooo can we move on? Maybe get out of here!? This hallway thingy is a little scary... the food place behind me is pretty nice though! Hey so what if those scientist people come and see us. What will they do to us?" he asked in pure curiosity. "Maybe they'd kill us! Haha that'd be cool...I wonder how they'd do it!"

Abbie turned back to Charlotte. "This hallway is four tiles wide. I always wondered why one of the tiles in my room was only a half. Now I know." Six and a half, four. Two and a half, ten and a half. Was this the new pattern? If it was, could she figure out where every wall was based on the pattern?

Abbie turned as Daniel returned. "Color-coded lines?" she repeated with obvious interest, "show me."

"Oh. Okay then." Charlotte said, and then turned to Eddy. "Why would you say they will hurt us? I don't see any reason as to why they would do that." She said, acting a little spooked. The scientists took care of her for her entire life, So of course they wouldn't hurt her. Right?

Daniel did't want to spook Charlotte any further but the scientist could possibly try that. Why else would they be locked away? Each person seems to have some sort of ability that makes them seem dangerous in the others eyes. If that's the case they have to get out of here and hope for the best. Daniel got up as Abbie was intrigued by the colored lines. "Don't worry Charlotte if they wanted to kill us they would have done it years ago. But if that is their plan we have to leave here while they're gone." He said as he went down the hall once more. "Colored lines are this way Abbie. The green one is to the kitchen, and the blue one goes to their rooms. I don't understand what the red and black one would lead to." Daniel was still puzzled by it and hoped those colors were a bad sign.

"Yeah I guess you're right,But how are we going to get out of here?" Charlotte asked. In the off chance that he was right we have to get out, But Charlotte honestly had no idea where to start looking. There was also the fact that she was hungry, So she decided to deal the the short term first, and headed to the kitchen by following the green line. When she arrived she ate some of the food in the pantry. When Charlotte had her fill which wasn't much she went back to be with the others.

Name: Emilio
Personality: Energetic, impulsive.
Appearance: 5'6" Lean, short black hair, tan skin, dark brown eyes
Special Ability: High physical endurance. Can feel the area around him and almost perfectly memorize the orientation of objects around himself. Sense life-forms.

Patpatpatpatpatpat.
This felt so good. Patpatpatpatpat. Such a rush. Patpatpatpatpat. He never knew he could feel such a sensation. Patpatpatpatpatpat. It was so liberating. Emilio sprinted through the hallways on bare feet, holding the uncomfortable shoes he had been given by who ever it was on the other side of the door. For as long as he could remember he had been couped up in that room, able to feel people beyond the walls, able to feel the spaces he could not explore. Now he could run, now he could jump, through more space than he had ever been able to. He let his fingers drag along the walls and he let out a joyful laugh.

Up ahead there was a cluster of people, he could feel and almost see them in his mind but he couldn't feel the with his tactile sense yet. As he drew closer he could feel that there was a clear way to them and he slowed down, turning around a corner and saw a person following a green line back toward the cluster of people. He started jogging up to...her? Yes it was a girl. As he drew closer he sniffed the air, hm she might have food. "Hello!" he called at her as he came quickly up to her and run circles around her. "Hi! I smelled food around here? Do you happen to have any because I'm starving!"

Charlotte was startled when Emilio suddenly ran up to her. 'Wow. he sure is energetic' Charlotte thought. 'I'd better answer his question'. "Uh hello. Sorry, but I don't have any food on hand. Although there is a kitchen if you follow the green line, there should be some food there". Charlotte said as she pointed where the kitchen was. "I could go show you if you want". 'I'd better go with him' she thought. 'He seems like the type to cause trouble'.

Abbie looked at the lines for a minute as the others moved about with food on their minds. Green-blue-red-black, green-blue-red-black. "Black," she decided. That was the safest. Black and white, yes and no, up and down, left and right, true and false, black would have a straight answer. The strange girl suddenly ran off down the black line and was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.