Red Bird Sign-Ups [Closed]

Also, I'd like for everyone to keep in mind that Juniper is a very superstitious village. Anything related to magic, witchcraft, or demons is feared and distrusted. Not everyone can have magical capabilities, unfortunately. It would be more likely for people to fear and repel anything of magical origins.

EDIT: I also added a small plot section at the end to keep you annoying information mongers satisfied ;P

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, now they have two thing to fear me from, cause I'm not human and stuff XD

~Appearance~
f8b5da286d0bd44857c0f146d947261d.jpg

Zaleria is tall for a woman, thanks to her elvish heritage. she has pale skin, slightly pointed ears and dark hair. Her skin is flawless, and her eyes are a bright, mystical blue color. She normally wears light dresses and elegant gowns that she made herself. Jewelry, is also quite common for her to wear.

~Name~
Zaleria Cilivern

~Age~

~Gender~
Female

~Race~
Half-elf

~Occupation~
Tailor/Sorceress

~Relations~
Mentor for Carlisle Riddle Lockwood. Teaches him magic in her spare time. Good kid - she likes him and his enthusiasm about magic. Mothers him a bit too much sometimes, but is a strict teacher. Sometimes wishes she had a kid like him.
(Open to other relations, should someone wish them)

~At-a-Glance Personality~
Zaleria is calm, level headed, intelligent, she prefers observation rather than action, and her face always seems to be adorned with a knowing and confident smirk. She is Charming, witty, kind and patient. However, she is rather strict in her teachings and mannerisms when it comes to teaching and having someone help her around her store. While she knows failing and mistakes are a part of a learning process, one should strive to make as a few as possible.

~Brief Backstory:~
Born to an elvish father and human mother, she moved to Juniper with her parents at a young age. She had been interested in magic for quite some time, and her father was more than happy to teach her a bit. Unfortunately, her father disappeared when she was 14 after taking a trip outside of the village, and her mother died a few years later due to a number of mental factors. Some say her father ran off with another woman, others say he was killed by demons in the forest. In any case, the superstitious villagers didn't exactly trust her so much after this.

To this day, she is...well, not exactly feared by the others, but they do tend to be rather wary of her. She does hide her magical talent from them as well, knowing that if they found out, then less than kind things would happen.

~Gift~
An exquisitely tailored white scarf. Warm, and she has put a ward on it to repel spirits.

~Quote or motto~
"Everything has a purpose. Even your so called 'evil'. For without it, 'good' can not exist."

~Distinguishing characteristics~
Her slightly pointed ears, to name one. Another, would be her silken black hair and bright blue eyes that always seem to know more than what she's actually letting on.​

• Love
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Just PM me about the race you want to play and we can certainly work something out!

@Moon Child - your character is approved, and I like the fact that he keeps his magic a secret for the most part. It's definitely not something one would want in the open in Juniper. I do have a few questions though. How does he get to and from his private schooling, and how often is he in the village? Juniper is about a days ride from any large town. (oh, and the age thing is entirely up to you... as long as it fits the personality. 13+ is not what I consider a child, though).

@Phi Chisym - we are going to stick with one character for now, I forgot to put that in the first thread o.o sorry! But do go ahead and make your CS. Magic is found within a child, and it is not their choice whether they have magical capabilities. It'd be an interesting mini plot to your character.

@LalaTokyo - your character is approved! Good work~ I really like her
Oh by private schooling I meant that his brother teaches him himself ^^ Since Carlisle is taking magic lessons from Zaleria, I would say he goes into town in a near daily basis. Talking to anyone that wishes to and helping the adults with errands if need be. I'm making him out to be such a goody two shoes but...pfff I'll just break the ice when it gets there.

10 would be a good age then? :)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Oh by private schooling I meant that his brother teaches him himself ^^ Since Carlisle is taking magic lessons from Zaleria, I would say he goes into town in a near daily basis. Talking to anyone that wishes to and helping the adults with errands if need be. I'm making him out to be such a goody two shoes but...pfff I'll just break the ice when it gets there.

10 would be a good age then? :)
That would work.

Didn't take quite as long as I expected that would.

Anyways, got that picture up and prettied up the CS a bit~

Appearance:
fa56c4318d0b7a4aab5ddd181ace0f69.jpg

Name: Lee Stonewall

Race: Human

Relations: Lee is good friends with Bae. Although she is a magic user Lee does not fear her. He protects her secret with his life just like his Adoptive Father did for his family.

Lee is friends with Adira. She is kind of mysterious, hurt Lee does not let that interfere with there friendship. Here advice has helped get through a lot of hard times in his life, even though her words can hurt. He at times gets annoyed when she calls him a kid, although he is the oldest of the 2.

Lee's adoptive father is the village blacksmith Alduwin Jefferson. He s not a magic user himself but keeps those who has it a well guarded secret. He opens up his shop to those who perform it and study it as long as they follow the rules. The Stonewall family was one of those who took up that offer. But one word for out that the Stonewalldpreformed magic, he abandoned them. After the well known Stonewall Hangings the only surviving Stonewall was saved by the blacksmith Alduwin, and he is now Lee's adoptive father and Teacher.

At-a-Glance Personality: Lee would be seen a loud, funny and lazy kid. He would be easily approachable but
is shunned by many people due to his relatives pasts. But he easliy shrugs it off and goes on with is life like nothing happened. He is not afraid to speak his mind unless he knows it will get him killed. He might not look it but he is very intelligent.

Brief Back story: Lee was orphaned at a young age due to the fact that his mother, father, uncle, aunt, grandparents, and cousin were all accused Sorcerers. They were sentenced to death but villagers
suspected that Lee may have been involved. But the villages blacksmith and secretly a close friend of the family stood up for him and offered to take car of Lee himself. He vowed to kill Lee is he even showed evidence of using magic. The blacksmith himself can not use magic, but keeps the secrets of those who do and allow them to practice there magic inside his shop. Lee noe works at the smithery as an apprentice in blacksmithing.

Gift: A beautifully adorned silver plate with a rose petals design. (Brings protection from the possible evils done to a meal when eaten from it. But he does not know it does this, he thinks it is a simple plate. Thanks Aldwin)

Quote or motto: "I hate it when people stare, if they want me so badly they should just ask."

Distinguishing characteristics: He always looks like he is sleepy.

• Love
Reactions: LalaTokyo
Baetya Gott (baht'-yah) [BCOLOR=#000000](Pet Name: Bae) [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Meaning of her name means 'dual', or 'doubled', expressing her half-blooded nature. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Gender: Female[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Race: Half Fae[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Occupation: Hearbalist/Mineralogy & disgruntle Magic Healer Student; working part time after hours at Dr. Archet Heinsmen's office, and works full time at the Olaf's Tin Brewery as the Inventory Record Keeper.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Relations: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Zaleria is her 'unofficial' magic instructor, a strange woman from the village her mother befriended as soon as they've arrived - almost as if she's known her a while before.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Pretty good friends with Lee, the blacksmith apprentice, even though he's always goofing off and seems to be falling asleep every time she stops by to talk to him; all in all, he's a very good friend to have in a pinch.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Mother: Venarii Ogilhinn of Faeon (Fae) - She's still very present in Bae's life; trying to strengthen her daughter's abilities without alerting anyone, for she knows it's the best way to teach her control. From where she's from, magic was not forbidden or shunned. She wishes her daughter can have such freedoms.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Father: Felix Vanitas (Human) - She doesn't know much about him, for he died when she was young. All that is told to her about him is that he was a very respectable man, a strong fighter for the right causes, and a true lover of nature and animals. He's never killed a man, but the one man he should have killed was the very one that took his life. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]At-a-Glance Personality:[/BCOLOR]
She holds so much anger inside about magic, because it was a evil Sorcerer who killed her father. Yet, she's stuck learning about it, and hiding it from the world all at the same time. Bae tends to find the most unlikely friends in the most unlikely places, and the words she happens to say within stressful times seem to be just right for the ears and hearts needing to hear them.

Brief Back Story:
Bae and her family lived in Windspeak, a very small community of Fae and woodlings who believed in harnessing magic. But, due to the sudden cloud of bias about magickin, a heavy darkness moved there with intent to change their way of life for the better of their cause.

Bae grew up fairly normal, had a few friends but not anyone who truly was a friend. Most kids just hung around her because she was pretty and because her family was well-to-do. Not because she was a fun kid to play with. Her real friend was Nero, an Elder Sorcerer Satyr who, along with her parents, attempted to help her harness her natural skills at an early age.

Unfortunately, the implanted believers who considered magic to be a flaw, an evil that must be purged from the body to return it to the purity intended, began to cleanse Windspeak from the damage they felt magic has already done to the small village. The townsfolk rebelled, lead by the strong men of arms, including Bae's father, Felix, a retired human knight from Pivowar. In the mist of battle, Nero attempted to protect Bae, who at the time was 8, and her friends, while Felix tried his best to protect them all. An evil Sorcerer who used his skills for this hellish crusade, attacked, killing Felix. Nero used his superior skills to save the children, before he was struck down himself.

Bae, her mother, and others fled to the nearby mountains and watched their village burn. Seeing no other options, they traveled with what they had and made their way to Juniper, finding the same conditions...just less hostile. Bae has been there ever since, growing up with a hatred for magic and hating herself for holding such deadly abilities.

Gift:

A very finely crafted red feather quill with a gold pin tip, one given to her by the Elder Nero as a special gift to her when she found an old unused journal in his study. He stated to her that it's a very rare feather, so rare that even he was unsure of it's origins, for there's no birds known in Juniper and her surrounding lands with feathers of such a deep red hue. She's stopped using the journal for sketches and thoughts; it's lost somewhere in that messy room of hers, but the quill she's kept safe for a very long time. They are all she has of her past, and all she has of worth to give.

Quote or motto: "Halt to think before each act. Watch your feet before each step and let rights guide your heart from wrongs." - [BCOLOR=#000000]Felix Vanitas[/BCOLOR]

Distinguishing characteristics:
Her tiny horns, which she wishes to file down somehow to help others see her as more human than Fae; and her sharp pointy ears, which are easily hidden under a unique braided hairstyle or a sun hat. But, none of her attempts to cover up matters, for the cute silver freckles across her cheeks and down the center of her back gives her away quickly. So far, she hasn't created a suitable mineral covering to blend in with her skin tone to hide them.

Last edited:
  • Love
I do believe the GM said magic was kinda shunned in the village, and that there shouldn't be that many magic users >_>

I've already stated in my interest post recently that my charrie was one of magic who refuses to use it. She didn't seem to mind then and approved the possible back plot that can come with it. Therefore, I believe I'm just fine. Thanks for your concern though.

Also, it's still a work in progress...

Sorry, i wasn't talking about you specifically. Just a general observation for informational purposes.

It's just that every character, except one, that's been made so far is a magic user.

Sorry, i wasn't talking about you specifically. Just a general observation for informational purposes.

It's just that every character, except one, that's been made so far is a magic user.
Who is that one?
Lee can learn how to use magic, but chooses shun it.

I was talking about @LalaTokyo's character.

Scratch that though - reading over your CS again Wumbo, I see that you said 'the blacksmith' can use magic, not your character the apprentice.

So we have three - possibly four, characters that can use magic, and two that can't.
Just seems a bit on the high side, for me.

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 people
I was talking about @LalaTokyo's character.

Scratch that though - reading over your CS again Wumbo, I see that you said 'the blacksmith' can use magic, not your character the apprentice.

So we have three - possibly four, characters that can use
magic, and two that can't.
Just seems a bit on the high side, for me.

True that is true. We need some non magical characters.

Hey Phi Chisym, I'd ya want a friend for your character, Lee could be a possible candidate.

Reactions: Phi Chisym
If we were allowed two characters, I'd totally take the second kid spot.
I have a...well, lets just say, a creepy kid character I keep in my back pocket for situations like this one~

@Phi Chisym

Zaleria wouldn't mind teaching Bae a bit about magic. Us magic users gotta stick together after all. Probably would need to come up with some way to keep it discreet though...otherwise those pesky humans would get suspicious.

Reactions: Phi Chisym
@The Alchemist

Awesomesauce! That's cool, even though Zaleria will find Bae to be a bit of a magic clutz, to say the least. She hates it - and is very, very bad at it too. I think though, her skills will fall better under healing though, and she had a rather immature sense of truth - a soothsayer ability. Being a half fae, I did want to hold the tradition of understanding the future of a person's heartfire, but dumbing it down a lot since she's really horrible at readings. IDK, it just depends on what the RP requires in charries and what I think she'll be able to do for the story... and the GM, of course. Anywho, that's my mini brainstorm... I think I'm going to bed now. :D

Edit: Oh, and forgot that she does have this really out of control illusion ability that becomes a really horrible skill to have when you work with a lot of drunken men. Well, horrible when you have no control over it.

This is the original skill this charrie had before, but I'm really not sure if I want her to have that or the soothsaying thing. I might stick to the illusions, cause I really quite enjoy her mindfucking people with the crazy, out of whack apparitions that just happens to show up when she's around. I might return to that skill, and take the soothy thing out. Well, I'll figure it out after a good night's rest.

Nights, all!

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Awesomesauce! That's cool, even though Zaleria will find Bae to be a bit of a magic clutz, to say the least. She hates it - and is very, very bad at it too. I think though, her skills will fall better under healing though, and she had a rather immature sense of truth - a soothsayer ability. Being a half fae, I did want to hold the tradition of understanding the future of a person's heartfire, but dumbing it down a lot since she's really horrible at readings. IDK, it just depends on what the RP requires in charries and what I think she'll be able to do for the story... and the GM, of course. Anywho, that's my mini brainstorm... I think I'm going to bed now. :D
Well, Zal's pretty well versed in most forms of magic theory. She herself, is better with curses, removing of curses, and generally dealing with troublesome spirits. Pretty much your average witch. Healing wouldn't be too far out of her realm for her to know a bit about, though I think since that's kinda what her father was good at~

and nighty night. It's getting a bit late for me too, I should hit the bed soon myself.

Ah, I do have one question though.
@heliacalRebirth - How exactly does magic work in this world. Complex rituals/incantations and such? Or something more along the lines of harry potter with a focus like wand and such, and a simple incantation? Or something like a mixture of the two? Or is it something else entirely?

Ah, I do have one question though.
@heliacalRebirth - How exactly does magic work in this world. Complex rituals/incantations and such? Or something more along the lines of harry potter with a focus like wand and such, and a simple incantation? Or something like a mixture of the two? Or is it something else entirely?

Magic is, in essence, another dimension the the world. Magic permeates the air, and is found thicker in some places. Being able to detect and summon magic is restricted to only those who have been born with those abilities and does not come to them until their Awakening, which is usually sometimes around puberty (with exceptions). Think of it was meteorology, like various wind currents intermingling with each other... except you can't necessarily feel or see it.

If we were allowed two characters, I'd totally take the second kid spot.
I have a...well, lets just say, a creepy kid character I keep in my back pocket for situations like this one~

@Phi Chisym

Zaleria wouldn't mind teaching Bae a bit about magic. Us magic users gotta stick together after all. Probably would need to come up with some way to keep it discreet though...otherwise those pesky humans would get suspicious.
For some reason I can't tag you, Alchemist -.- but you are 100% right when it comes to magic. There's other ways of making your characters look cool without having magical properties! If a few of you would like to revise your CS (for example, the blacksmith doesn't really need to have magic if he is a NPC) that'd help make my life a bit easier :P and I will be talking to @Phi Chisym about Bae's magical capabilities.

Furthermore, Alchemist, keep in mind that your magic usage could very well get you exiled or hung. I'd image you'd want to keep it a bit of a secret, as well. Otherwise... we are booked for magic users. PM me about your second character idea.

ALSO

I will be updating the Character List and all that goodstuff later today... for now... I SHALL FINISH MY BREAKFAST!

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 people