Red Bird Sign-Ups [Closed]

I'm aware.

But my character is a seamstress, and her gifts are nothing more than two articles of clothing that have an intricate design.

I believe your white scarf has some sort of magical property to it.

A tailor and a seamstress are also two different professions.

...I'm not sure of the differences between a tailor/seamstress it seems, but hey whatever floats your boat~

Tailor's typically adjust and fix clothing while seamstresses actually sew things together.

Both are capable of making clothing or furnishings with fabric, if they have the patterns for the designs. But they are technically different.

As far as I know. *shrugs*

I have an aunt that is a tailors and my grandmother was a seamstress.

Tailor's typically adjust and fix clothing while seamstresses actually make clothing or furnishings with fabric.
Well, I don't have relatives myself.

But from the way I've seen the word used, 'Tailor' it, typically means someone who makes clothes, adjusts them to fit someone, or fixes them. Mostly more...formal clothing, though. Like dresses suits, and coats.

Eh, either way It doesn't matter xP

I look forward to Rping with you~

Ah, sorry about the silence. Notifications stopped being a thing...

@Huntress your character is accepted :)

We will be starting up very soon~ I just need to get a few more things prepared

Oh wow, o.o I haven't gotten any notification from this for awhile...

Ya haven't missed too much. We're, more or less, chatting and keeping the thread up until the RP starts.

Um, is it possible for me to join?

Just asking c:

Adira
Pixiv.Fantasia%3A.New.World.full.1468389.jpg

About Me

Race:
Human(?)

Priestess

You should know
Relations:
(Pm for relations)
Lee: "He's ok, pretty friendly, loud as hell, but a good person altogether." Adira often refers Lee as 'Kid' even thought he's 23 years old.

At-a-Glance Personality:
Though soft-spoken Adira is the first to give her opinion about something, however unflattering it is. An expert in dealing backhand comments. Adira is very knowledgeable, and is the go-to of anyone with a problem. Though her words are not always kind, you can trust them. She is cold to most people, and though she will not ignore a person in need, she isn't exactly the most sensitive. She is very perceptive, and can almost always tell when someone is lying. Her actions and words tend to be well-thought-out, and she never has to pause and search for words.

Brief Backstory:
Adria is not from the village of Juniper, but The day that Adira was born, the moon was blood red, the villagers from her village said that is was the omen from God, they said she was cursed and had to be killed, however, her parents loved her very much and sent her away. Since the age of 10, Adira went from one village to another, until she came upon Juniper, where she finally settled down and started a normal-ish life.

Gift (for the Feast of Remembering):
Feathers of Karma.

Quote or motto:
"Quick decisions are unsafe decisions."

Distinguishing characteristics:
Her pure white hair and sparkly yellow pupils always attract attention, for some odd reason, she carries around a 'dead' owl.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like this could've been really interesting for me, but I'm afraid I'm just wholly confused as to the plot, characters, and setting...

Not trying to come in and berate things, I just don't understand all the magic and such when the town is so superstitious.

Would anyone be able to elaborate?

I feel like this could've been really interesting for me, but I'm afraid I'm just wholly confused as to the plot, characters, and setting...

Not trying to come in and berate things, I just don't understand all the magic and such when the town is so superstitious.

Would anyone be able to elaborate?
Superstition is a prevalent concept in real life as well as in fictional settings, usually in places that are not as educated (like a small secluded village). There is one child magic user, with one teacher, which is all we have room for. Bae's abilities are limited, and she is reluctant and fearful of her own gift because of the village superstition and past experience. Non-magic users are welcome.

Appearance:
dark-magic-anime-girl-dark-anime-30915718-191-263.jpg

Name:
Carla

Race:
Human

(none yet)

Relations :

At-a-Glance Personality:
A bit of a loner, spends most of her time
wandering about what she is going to do in the future.

Brief Backstory (remember the more is less principle):
Carla never knew what the outside world was, always being kept locked away inside of her house which had no windows, keeping her form seeing anything beyond her home's walls. She lived in the darker part of things, always being told that the light was dangerous and could not be trusted and to always look to the shadows. She was raised like this, never making many friends, always thinking that anyone who she ad no relation to was going to harm her, trusting no one as she aged. Though she eventually went outside of her confining home, she always lingered about, never talking much. When she was confronted she would usually walk away or go and hide. She had never gained much of a social life, and because of that she lacked the ability to speak with others as well as she should have.

Gift (for the Feast of Remembering):
A darkened crystal that has been passed down through her family for dozens of generations.​

Appearance:
Male_Elf_by_Mauree.jpg

Name: Von Si'lion (I-Land)

Race: Full blooded elf. (If this is not okay, I'll make him half elf.)

Relations: Von is fairly isolated, expect for a few villagers.

At-a-Glance Personality: Kind, polite, fairly quite, and blunt.

Brief Backstory (remember the more is less principle): Von was a lonely elf from a fair off village, when his magic finally surfaced he had no one to teach him, eventually a few years later his power burnt the village to the ground, and slaughtered the elf's within it. He traveled the land until finally finding a village to settle down in, one that was quite and small. He keeps his magic hidden and only uses it in extreme situations. Mainly due to the painful memory's it brings, and how unstable it is.

Gift (for the Feast of Remembering): Roasted herbs with dressing.

Optional

Quote or motto: [BCOLOR=#ffffff]"Magic is a gift, but just because it was given to you does not mean you deserve it."[/BCOLOR]

Distinguishing characteristics: Von's black eyes, and pointy ears. The three stones embedded into his upper cheek, and his ear rings.

• Love
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Oooooo id like to join please!!!! *excitedly jumps around waving arms*

Appearance (brief description and/or picture):
Cropped_dwarf_commoner.JPG

Name: Ersa Francis Meldegar

Race: half-dwarf

Relations (this can be figured out later): (later)

At-a-Glance Personality: stubborn, cold, irritable, violent. Often seen as cruel, bad-tempered, brave/courageous, and wild.

Brief Backstory (remember the more is less principle): as a child, she witnessed to her horror her sister come down stairs one day with the scratches, she tried desperately to help her get rid of them, but just as they always told her, they could not be healed, her sister was taken away, and since then she's been closed off and has progressively gotten harsher and more cold.

Gift (for the Feast of Remembering): a silver goblet forged by her

Quote or motto: "get out of my shop or I'll personally drag out your entrails and eat them for dinner, if you're lucky that's all I'll do!!"

• Love
Reactions: Phi Chisym
Just checking on things, bumping and smiling all the way.

I really apologize to everyone in this role-play. Due to some real life complications I will no longer be able to host this role-play at this time. However, I am planning on bringing this back sometime around May, with everything much more fleshed out.

Once again, I'm so sorry about the disappointment. I normally do not host a role-play unless I'm 100% sure I can follow through with it- please forgive me.