Status
Not open for further replies.
"The name on the paper says your name..if thats what your talking about?" She said back, unable to look up at him still. She could begin to here her heart pounding loudly again, why was it doing that? She shouldn't even worry about any of this, so why was she. "It's a joke right? You're just messing with me, weren't you. The whole time." She said it, but it hurt so much to say it. It's what she thought though. She had made herself believe that he hates her and was doing it because of that. Yet, it still hurt her so much to think about it. Her bangs her covering her eyes as she still had herself looking at the ground.

"Yes, I'm talking about the paper," they stood there in eerie silence until Red once again spoke up. Wolf opened his mouth to reply but nothing came out he was just too nervous, he never thought he'd fall for anyone and especially never thought he'd fall for Red. He took his hands then slowly rubbed his face as he tried to calm down enough to the point where he could speak, he barely managed and his arms dropped to his sides and he lowered his head and looked at Red; his blushing was still apparent but right now he didn't care, it was all or nothing now. He let out a sigh then cleared his throat, "No....every word I said was true and came from...my heart."

Red suddenly looked up at him, showing her blushing face. She thought he was going to tell her it was a joke. "Really?" She said to him, almost in a whisper. "I...I...think I..like you Wolf." She finally admitted, even to herself. "And not just you're artistic side...both." Realizing how she had always had him in her mind even before him art side appeared. Even when she meant the other side of him, they were both lingering in her mind.

Wolf stood there frozen and he blushed even more, he didn't think that it would turn out this way; he thought he was going to be instantly rejected and thrown out like the stray dog nobody wanted. "You...you do? I-I like you too Red," he finally felt the weights of loneliness,hatred and sadness disappear to be replaced by the warm, fuzzy feeling of being happy. He nervously glanced at the ground then back up the Red, he didn't know how to act; he wasn't able to muster up his usual façade he had during school and that made him feel a bit vulnerable, she seemed to be his weakness but at the same time his strength.

Red too was frozen from his reply. She never expected for her feelings to be mutual. A smile began to appear on her face, though there was still an obvious blush. She started to walk closer to him, until she was right in front of him only a few inches away. She looked directly up at him, gazing into his eyes. She definitely knew it now, she did like Wolf, a great bit. So much so, that he was making her heart pound rapidly, she could hear it, but she liked the feeling. It wasn't a bad feeling, instead it was good.

Wolf met Red's gaze and looked into her eyes as well, oddly when she smiled that coaxed a grin out of the usually cold young man. Kazuto gulped, this feeling was new and he didn't understand it; it caused his hear to race and his pulse to quicken. There staring into her eyes he remembered all the things he had liked about her but forgot, her smile, her laugh, they way her eyes shone when she talked about something she loved, he could go down the list but it would never end because he would find new things to add. She was the only one that could draw these feelings out and he knew right that second he did the right thing in revealing how he felt about her.

Red couldn't hold her feelings in any longer. She suddenly closed the small gap between them, wrapping her arms around him, tightly into a hug. She had felt it before when she hugged him, the safe, warm feeling when having him close. She rested her head onto his chest. She probably looked small and fragile in his arms, but she didn't feel like it. She was sure being so close to him that he would be able to tell how much her heart was pounding.

When Red hugged him he instinctively wrapped his own arms around her and hugged back, he could feel her heart beat through her chest and noticed that their hearts were beating at the same rate. A rather large grin spread across his face as he embraced her and he never wanted to let go, he felt happy, overjoyed and....loved; emotions he hadn't experienced since he was a child. Without realizing he was so happy his chest smoothing rumbled, it was almost like he was purring and his tail happily wagged side to side. "I'm sorry for the way I've acted, I didn't think you felt the same so I became cold and rude to push you away in an attempt to forget my feelings. But I'm done hiding it, I've liked you since we were first years in school," he whispered.

Red listened to him quietly at first. "Why did you try to forget? Just because of thinking I didn't like you...why would you think that?" She asked him. While it was true that they were on different sides it didn't start out like that. If he had said something before, she would have probably accepted him long before now. She would have realize how she felt long ago, she just wasn't smart enough to know her own feelings. She didn't move at all from his hold, very happy to be there instead of anywhere else.

The rumble emanating from his chest slowly died until he could only feel his and Red's hearts beating I unison. "Well after the incident with Lancelot and my change of sides and position everyone on my old side hated me so I naturally thought you did too," he whispered sadly, thinking about his old bonds that had been severed and burned between him and his friends when he left. He took in her scent and sighed contently, she soothed him and his voice regained its old power, "But I was a fool then, I should have confessed to you, the woman I love, rather than trying to hide from my feelings," he smiled, he didn't notice he had openly admitted that he loved Red. He treasured being able to hold her in his arms.

Red hugged Wolf more tightly as he spoke about what happened during their first year. Just like he had said to her before, when she didn't realize it was him. It must have been that incident that hid his artistic side. "None of that past matters now." She simply said. There was no way she was going to reject her feelings. Though she didn't realize it, she was just like him. She tried to hide away from how she felt. Suddenly she heard him say that he loved her. Her eyes began to sparkle, hearing those words. He loved her! He really loved her! "I love you too!" She said with energy.

Wolf nodded, he knew Red was right. The past was behind them and would remain there, they had to look towards the future and strive towards it. When he heard Red say she also loved him he couldn't help but blush and grin, his embrace tightened around her and with out warning he lifted her off then ground and spun around in a circle before he placed her back down. He noticed that he could now see his breath and knew it was getting pretty late, "I didn't know so much time had passed," he said looking at and saw the orange streaks telling all the sun was setting. "I'll talk you home before I head back to my cav-," he stopped speaking and acted as if something deep in the forest had caught his attention, he didn't mean to add the part about where he lived, it just sort of slipped out.

Red giggled when he had spun her around. "I guess time can go by quickly when you're with the person you care about the most." She stated in response as she took a look herself at the colorful sky. She always liked when the sky had those colors, it was calm and serene. Red was happy that he offered to walk her home, it would help make her feel more safe considering she was almost attacked by a drunk before hand. But when he mention before he when back to his cav- and then stopped Red's smile faded a bit. "Cave..." She filled in the blank. "Don't tell me you're living in a cave. You can't live like that!" She began to protest. He may be part wolf but he still was a person after all.

Wolf turned his head to look at her again and lightly chuckled, "I agree one hundred percent," he grinned then cupped her face in his right palm. When he heard Red protest he unwrapped his other arm from around her and freed himself from her entrance, he took a few steps backwards and looked at the ground while his tail curled around his wait protectively. "I didn't choose to live this life...my parents have been gone for eleven years and I've lived here ever since. I had no where to go and one day I fled into the woods found the cave where you saw the sketchbook then day before and made that my home. Its not something I do willingly but I manage to survive and find enough food to last me until lunch at school," both of his hands gripped his elbows and he let out a sad sign. He looked up and feigned a cheerful smile, "That's enough about my living conditions, let's get you home before your parents begin to worry or you catch a cold."

"I didn't know you were going through that." She said to him. "That's terrible. We can find another place, you won't have to stay the that cave alone anymore. I promise." She said to him. She wasn't happy about what she had heard at all. She couldn't believe he was suffering so much, it never seemed like it. But she nodded submissively for now to let him take her home. "Okay, home it is." She said, still upset about what he has just told her. "Let's go then." She turned in the direction that they could get back to the street and started to walk slowly.

Wolf's fake smile was replaced by a genuine one as he looked stared at Red and his tail uncurled its self from his waist and wagged happily as he nodded, "Okay." When she turned away and started to walk he followed closely behind at first but built up his confidence and was now walking beside her as his eyes shone and a cheerful smile tugged at his lips. As they walked his arm lightly bumped against Red's and he noticed that her skin felt cold, with a silent gulp he wrapped his right arm around her waist then pulled her close to him so he could help warm her up.

Red blushed when Wolf wrapped his arm around her, but the smile came back on her face. It was getting much cooler and her cloak wasn't doing enough to help her. But once he brought her closer to him, she began to feel warmer. She walked quietly towards the road. When they got to the road, people would just see them as a normal couple. It made her heart flutter as she thought about it. "Hey, Wolf?" She remembered something. "When you came to my rescue did you hear a certain part...?" She said to him, they may have confessed to each other but she still felt nervous about remembering she had called him her boyfriend before and coming to a realization that he was there. They made it out of the forest, now walking on the sidewalk. There weren't a whole lot of people.

Wolf barely noticed his surroundings as he walked with Red wrapped around his arm "Yes?" when he heard what she asked he tilted his head and gazed at her as he pondered her question. He thought about lying and tell her he didn't hear a thing and merely came to her rescue without knowing anything about the situation at the time. But he knew it was better to tell her the truth, plus he wasn't even sure that he could lie to Red; the thought of it made him mentally growl at himself for even thinking about it. "Yes but at the time I didn't know if you read the note yet so when you talked about having a boyfriend I assumed it was either an excuse, or you meant the painter and that I would beat the man up if he messed with you," he replied honestly as the street lights slowly began to flicker on and illuminate the street. "There was another thought that crossed my mind for a few seconds and almost devastated me, there was the possibility you really did have a boyfriend; but once I saw him touch you anger flooded through my body and that's when I stepped in to intervene."

Red didn't feel so bad that Wolf had actually heard her, in fact she was kind of glad. She listened to him speaking about his thoughts. "I'm glad you did came and help me." She responded. She paused for a moment, a blush appearing on her face. "But I guess I didn't make it up, did it?" She began to say, with a sweet little smile on her. "You really did come and save me and would have beat him up if he hurt me. And....I really do..have a boyfriend." She was hoping he would understand what she was meaning.

"Of course I'd help you, I'd even fight a pride of lions if they threatened your safety," he stated giving her a toothy grin and keenly listened as he started talking after her paused. 'Didn't make it up?' he thought to himself but took on a serious expression when she mentioned about him beating the man up, "Believe me, I would have done more to him than that," he muttered to himself before he grew silent at the second half of her sentence and stared at her with a curious expression. She had a boyfriend? It took him a couple seconds for him to put two and two together before he finally understood; almost immediately he started to blush and smiled warmly, "Oh..."

Status
Not open for further replies.