Status
Not open for further replies.
Red noticed the picture had moved. She pushed it carefully back inside, not to ruin the paper. She continued on with the class, but the picture kept popping into her head. She wondered who drew it, it was such a good piece. The class went on and it looked like her and Wolf would be safe with the partnering for the time being. After some time, the class was almost over. It would be lunch time after that, and Red would be happy to get away from sitting next to Wolf. She'll have to get used to it eventually though.

Wolf ignored Red for the rest of the class period but his internal clock him there was about ten minutes until class would end and it would be time for lunch, Kazuto slid his supplies into his pack then grabbed the straps and slung them over his shoulder as he stood up. He is tail pushed the chair in and he walked past Red and a few other tables, the teacher did nothing but even if he wanted to he couldn't, in the school hierarchy Wolf ranked above many of the teachers and could do as he pleased. As he walked passed the teacher he gave him a glare just before leaving the room, Wolf liked to arrive at the cafeteria before anyone else so he could get his food and have a few moments of peace while he ate. Cutting of a yawn that started his made his way to the lunch room, when he arrived there was about five minutes of class left so he sat at his usual table and began to eat.

Red watched Wolf leave the room. He shouldn't be able to leave like that, but she knew the teacher wasn't going to do anything about it. The never did anything about it. However, Red was kind of happy he left. That meant it was less time that she had to spend sitting next to him. She continued on with taking notes and focusing on the teacher. She would never leave class like that, of course unless there was an emergency. After the five minutes of class were up Red got out of her seat and put away her things. She picked up her bag and began to walk towards the cafeteria. Once there Red went to the food line and grabbed a bit of food. She then made her way to a table to sit and eat.

"Yo Wolf!" Kazuto lazily looked up from his meal with a piece of steak hanging from his mouth to see who was calling out to him, it turned out to be Tuzo, followed by the minotaur twin Han and Zien. The three placed their trays across from Wolf and happily began to eat as they felt secure around their leader, "Oh that's right I heard from rumors that sit you by...uh what's her name? Red, that's it I heard you're paired up with the best of the good side now," Han grinned giving Wolf a mocking wink. Wolf tilted his head up, chomping down on the piece of steak then met the elder brother's stare with a cold glare which caused the minotaur to shrink and nervously lower his gaze back to his food tray. "Don't remind me and don't say her name around me. It's bad enough that I have to break up tedious fights caused by people of her group, they think they're so damn high and mighty," he growled setting his fork onto the table. Zien decided against his better judgment to add something, "Yeah but when we first came to school you thought she was pretty and could've of asked her out...if that incident didn't happen." Wolf's tail went erect and he fought the urge to grab Zien and punch him through a wall, taking a few breathes to calm himself his tail lowered but when he looked at Zien even the fiercest monster out there would have cowered in fear. "I'll let you off the hook this time since we've known each other for a long time but if you ever say that again there will be dire consequences," he stated cracking his knuckles.

Red set her tray down and took a seat. Of course she was with all her friends, the good kids of the school. She wouldn't be caught ever being near any of the bad students. It was too troublesome. If they acted better Red would have been happy to eat with them, but she knew better than that. Someone came up from behind her, sitting beside her. "Hey Crystal." Red said, seeing the pixie sit by her. She was in her human form right now, though the girl could become smaller. She was pretty short now still.

"Hey, so I've heard what happen in your biology class. How did it go?" Crystal asked her friend.

Red made a sigh. "It went fine though I wouldn't say I am happy about it." Red said, she took a bit of her food. "It doesn't matter, I'm not going to worry about him. There's no need to. I should focus on my studies in that class, not who sits beside me."

"True, but you know...it's Wolf."

"I know. I know." Red couldn't say anymore about it.

Zien lowered his head and Wolf could tell the big guy was about to cry, sighing, Wolf unclenched his fist then extended his hand to where it rested on Zien's head and gave him a gentle pat. Zien looked up at Kazuto and sniffled, "I-I'm sorry big brother Wolf," he sobbed, then the unexpected happened; Wolf smiled. Though he wasn't related to anyone in his group they all saw him as their older brother and protector, "There, there, its okay big guy. I'm sorry that I snapped at you, but you know I really don't like what transpired between me and the old leader of the good group before he was expelled," Wolf replied then dropped his hand back to his side and his smile back to a neutral line.

"Yeah, that was not a good day for the school," Tuzo muttered.

"But that was the day someone finally stood up for our group and Wolf began our leader," Han replied after finishing his salad.

Wolf said nothing but simply nodded as he stared at is food while that day replayed in his mind.

Red stayed silent for a moment, just continuing to eat her food. "There's not much I can do about it." She finally said to her friend. "It wouldn't be me to discuss it with the teacher and maybe I can take this opportunity and switch it to something good."

"How would you do that?" The pixie asked.

"I don't know, maybe see what he's doing to get those good grades. I don't get it, I try to so hard and he's still higher than me. Or it might be a long shot but maybe I can turn him a little good after all. Things might be better if that happened." Of course Red couldn't help but be her caring self, or perhaps she was just too naive. She finished up her food.

Wolf was snapped out of his horrific remembering of his first day of school when he heard the noise of trays being piled nosily in front of him. He looked up then leaned over with a raised eyebrow and quizzical expression, "Explain, what's with the mountain of trays and how did you each so much with in a few minutes?"

Tuzo, Han and Zien beamed but Tuzo took the lead into talking, "We large creatures take pride in our skill of devouring large quantizes of food quickly. In regards to your question as to why the trays are in front of you is easy, its your turn to dump them in the trash can remember?"

In truth Wolf didn't remember until he thought back then calculated in his mind who's turn it really was, sadly they were telling the truth and it was his turn. "I think you three need to go on a diet," he grumbled but stood up and easily picked up the trays using one hand then proceeded walking to the nearest waste bin. He past Red and her table but didn't notice then dumped the trays into there designated spot before he turned and started to walk back to the others.

Red lifted herself out of her seat to take her tray to the trash can. She pasted by Wolf on the way, she said nothing but made a friendly smile. She at first didn't want to do it, but they were going to have to try and work together during their class. Red felt that would be easier if she tried not to hate him. She threw away the trash, then placed the tray where it was suppose to go. She turned around and headed back for her table, sitting in her seat again. Crystal watched Red closely.

"You smiled at him. When do you ever do that?" She asked.

"Only a few times. When I feel it's needed but after all we are going to have to partners and I can't let my grade suffer because of some ill feelings." She responded.

Wolf plainly ignored Red as he passed by her and see smiled at him which looked to be a bit forced to him, he really couldn't understand some people. He sat down across from his friends and when he looked at them he was met by their curious stares, 'Oh great, now what kind of hell are they going to put me through,' he said to himself but in reality asked, "What now?"

"Wolf, Red just smiled at you. Red...smiled...at....you," Tuzo motioned with his hands pointing to Wolf then towards Red.

"And? What's the big deal?" Wolf asked yawning as eh swept a hand through his hair.

"What's the big deal? Red is listed as number one for every guy's list including smartest, most desirable, best possible girlfriend and many other things," Han and Zien pointed out at the same time.

"Last time I checked I could care less if a good two shoes like her smiled at me. And I could also care less about idiotic lists you and every other male student has made and placed her as number one, I don't have to talk with her nor do I have to work with her until the next meeting of the leaders happens or now during biology," Wolf stated.

"It's no big deal." Red said to Crystal. She looked over towards her friend with a smile. Crystal wasn't so sure but left it at that. Red watched her take her tray up and get caught by one of their fellow guys students. Red giggled a bit and looked away. There was no need to get into that business. Lunch would be over soon but Red had no where to be. She wanted another class or the chance to help the teachers but they hadn't figured out any place to put her. All the teachers already had aids. So, Red usually went to the school library and taught herself somethings.

"Well I'll see you guys later, I'm going to the art room to finish up my project," Wolf said to his three friends, they jokingly waved him off and as he left the lunch room he gave each one a playful bump on the head. Wolf slid his hands into his pocket as he exited the lunchroom and began walking down the hallway, when he reached his destination he peeked his head seeing that oddly the art teacher wasn't present. "I guess it doesn't matter she said I could use the room when ever I like," he mumbled to himself as he set up an easel then placed a half way done waiting on it. He placed his hands on his hips and his tail slowly swayed from side to side as he stared at his painting; it was an Oceanside cliff with palms trees and all different types of tropical flowers that overlooked an aquamarine sea. You could see dolphins splashing around, sea gulls in the air and a small sail ship in the back but the best of it was the large setting sun which gave the whole picture a beautiful orangish purple hue. He grabbed a paintbrush then with applying the colors he wanted he delicately began to construct the other half as he mentally heard what sounded like the sounds of the ocean floating through his mind.

Red stood up from the seat. It seemed Crystal was now too distracted by the guy. So, Red decided to head out. She left the cafeteria and headed for the library. She made her way down the hallway, seeing a few other people beginning to walk around the halls as well. There were a couple ways she could go to get to the library but she happened to take the one that would pass by the art room. She was making her way just fine until just before she got to the art room someone came running by. They ran into her shoulder and running by. Red lost her balance and fell onto the ground, causing a bang. "Ow." She shouted out, when she smacked the ground with her butt.

The sound of woman falling would have scared anyone but Wolf had heard the quick taps of feet and figured something was going to happen, but he didn't know that person would fall into the art room. With an inaudible sigh and placed his paint brush and palette on the stand beside his easel then walked up behind the person who fell, oddly he was still too focus on his painting the he didn't notice that it was Red. With out a word he picked her up with ease then placed on back on her feet, his face had a few smudges of paint on it where he had accidently touched his face and he was also wearing a painting apron, finally his brain went to the current situation on hand and didn't seem to like what was before him. The girl he had just picked up and helped was none other then Red herself, he silently cursed his fate but turned around went back to his painting like nothing ever happened. He picked his brush back up and once again went to work, it'd be best for her not to see his face or his painting; he honestly didn't need nor want her making the connection between him and the drawing she carried, luckily he also wore a bandana that kept his hair away from his and when he worked he didn't have his usual angry glare.

Red suddenly felt someone pick her up, a blush appearing on her face because of it. She was placed back on her feet. She turned around to see who had done it. She couldn't make out who it was, his features that would have given it away were too covered for her to see. "Uh, thank you." She said, politely to him. "for helping me up." She tried to see but all she saw was the painting. It reminded her of the one that had fallen into her lap. "That's a very good painting." She had no idea it was Wolf there. "You're very good. But..uh.." She wondered if she should ask about the other painting. "Did you perhaps loose a painting today? If you did, I have it. Would you like it back?" Red felt that maybe it wasn't a good idea to bother the person. They had just helped her up and now she was bothering him with his painting. "I'm sorry that I'm bothering you. I was just wondering about this painting I found."

Wolf cleared his throat and when he talked his voice seemed lighter and different because he enjoyed talking about art and could feel her gaze on his back; his tailed twitched nervously as no one had ever caught him in the act and praised him in person which didn't make him nervous, the fact that it was Red and there was the possibility of her finding him out made him like that. He once again placed his brush down and took a moment to examine the progress he had made, "You're welcome but you should really pay better attention to your surroundings, I don't think you want to make it a habit of falling into a random room," he lightly chuckled, crossing his arms and cocked his head to the side to view it from another angle; he stood straight up and nervously rubbed the back of his neck, "Th-thank you, not many people see my art so your praise means a lot," he truthfully stated. "You're not bothering me I'm just a little surprised to have company, a paining you say? I do remember that the wind ripped out one earlier today when I was on the roof but I don't want to back; from what I can tell by the tone of your voice I can tell you like it so I'd be happy if you would keep it."

"Yeah, you're right. I should pay more attention. After all I probably won't always have someone as nice as you to help me up afterwards." She responded and looked at the painting he was looking at himself. "Well, you are really good. And I would be very happy if I was able to keep your picture. I really like it and see I'm even in it. The one that has the blonde hair moving all over the place. It always goes everywhere." She was glad she wasn't bothering him and happy that she would be able to keep the picture. She was even thinking of hanging it in her room.

"That's true especially with Wolf and his crew around," he replied adding a small line of paint delicately with his finger and nodded in satisfaction. His whole body froze but he didn't give off a hint that it did, "Once again I offer you my thanks, and am pleased that you like it," he replied wiping his hand with a wet washcloth, effectively removing the dried paint stains from his hands then hung it on a small rang hanging on his left hand side. "Oh, so that was you? I think the wind blew at just the right time having your hair move which I noticed and was able to make the center of the painting which created a masterpiece. To think something we take for granted could help make something beautiful."

"I don't think Wolf and his crew would do anything to harm me. At least I would hope not." She said, almost thinking aloud. She blushed slightly when he mentioned her hair being blown by the wind at just the right time to make something beautiful. "I guess your right. Usually I just see the wind being a pain. Blowing my hair around and everything else I have. You must be one of those people who find the magic in everything to make it beautiful. That's a wonderful thing, you know."

"I don't think they'd do anything to hurt you, after all he acts as the peacekeeper to keep both groups in line," he replied drying his hands with the end of his apron before placing them on his hips. "I think the wind blows your through your hair to show everyone how pretty it is," he replied but inside he was furious, 'Wolf, why the hell are you saying these things? Its just making her continue to stay here,' but some part of him was actually happy to have to chance to talk with her even if he was hiding his true identity. "I guess, but this side of me really doesn't show that often. Its not something I readily show others, in my current situation its best to hide it," he sighed.

Status
Not open for further replies.