Recuperatio: Moonwings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living plot hooks? sounds creepy and dangerous...

I'd like to join in on this...not really as Jack Shade in the flesh, but rather with a primary character and a secondary character. I was thinking Jack builds a robot to represent him on this venture, trick it out and jazz...a bit like GO-TO in the second Knights of the Old Republic...I think. But really a droid with a direct comm to him that he can jump in and out of...I'd love to develop Jack in a leadership role and in far space.

You could do this I suppose... however, after a certain stage in the plot. I plan on having all communications between the expedition and the "surface" of the station to be cut off. This'd include your avatar, since in Moonwings, I don't want anyone to be able to hear you folks scream. for roleplay purposes. But you're still welcome to try that character, even if only for a short while.

As for others...

Acquariana: Accepted :cool: cha' forgot to add a Horror, but cha' gave me inspiration for one (and a subplot) that will definetly be used.

Unanun: Accepted :cool:

Raiu: Pending completion of Bio :tongue:

Asmodeus: Accepted by default :cool: Even if I did have dreams of making Asmo into a good guy.

Zypher: Accepted :cool: However, Moonwings is techincally a Space Station. Not a ship, if it does any moving around ship like, it'll be when it decays out of orbit and falls into the planet's atmosphere. I'll also have to bump the time since the fall of Moonwings, but that's a moot point. Your addition of Horrors is welcome! Especially crazy Moderator AI, we might run into a couple of them.

Porg: Accepted :cool: But what am I supposed to do with sentient darkness? Use it to make shadow puppets? :tongue: I think I might have an idea for it.

Six complete character sheets seems pretty good. Will the addition of Raiu's (when it is finished), Jack Shade, and Tegan's (when she posts one) we'll have a cast of nine. Still willing to accept more characters (more meat for the meat grinder that is RPing) but this seems to be enough for me to get preped into starting the IC in the next few days. My next post will include the character I'll use in the begining.

Character Sheet

Name: Nigel Kendall

Origin: Survo City, Malykirat 5

Sex: Male

Race: Human

Physical Description:
[ALIGN=left]
the_soldier_by_takenbreath.jpg
[/ALIGN]
Job/Occupation: Soldier, Corporal in the Afta Defense Forces.

Personality: Looks at the legends that surround Moonwings in almost a naïve and childlike manner. Otherwise attempts to keep a positive and polite attitude about his assignment to the station, the decline of Afta, and his lot in life. However, he is very bitter at what he sees as the eventual end of Afta.

Strengths: Above average skill in ranged weaponry, average skill in melee.

Weaknesses: Severely lacking in any practical combat experience against anything other than pirates and mercs.

Equipment: Standard issue Afta trooper armor and fatigues, Laser rifle and pistol, one first aid kit, and a three day survival kit.

History/Backstory: Nigel enlisted at the age of eighteen; young, fresh faced, and ready to take on the evildoers and enemies of Afta. He applied for a transfer to the Moonwings station in the hopes of seeing some action and doing some good. As it turned out, that was not the case, with Afta hardly being in a position to clear further into the station or to do more on the outside of the station more than regular patrols. Now with a somewhat jaded and bitter view, Nigel has decided to make the best out of what he has been dealt.

Why are you here? Assigned to security for the Afta controlled sectors of Moonwings. Not actually part of the contingent that is headed for the center of the station.

Horror/enemy creature/Object to Encounter:

Rouge and/or unstable telepaths

In another era, telepaths would have been considered sorcerers or wizards practicing arcane, satanic, and dangerous magical arts. In this era, their skill is still dangerous. A highly gifted and trained telepath makes the perfect assassin. Using naught but the power of the mind, a telepath can pinch off an artery in the brain of a victim, making it appear as though it were an unfortunate accident and that the victim had died of a stroke.

It is because of this potential power and danger that telepaths have that they are regulated and registered in many civilized areas. There are those however, that rebel against this control, and those that simply have become “unglued from reality.”

Many of these telepaths have found their way onto Moonwings. Some live hermit lives, isolated within the depths of the station, wanting nothing more than to be left alone with their own thoughts. Other have joined up with the slavers/mercs/ and scavengers on the station.

On the whole, any telepath can be dangerous. Thankfully, the majority of telepaths on Moonwings lack the ability to cause death at a slightest thought.

Maybe I have dreams of making him into a good guy. Did you ever stop to think about that, Woodrat, before you judged me? Before you cast me aside in the prescriptive dirt of your labelled ignorance? Am I permitted no refrain in the paint-by-numbers outlook with which you disregard this world? No quarter given, no chance to aspire beyond the bonds of precedent and feeble expectation? Tell me, Woodrat, how will you plead with your maker when you deny from others the lenience that would spare you?

Name: Torsty Veslerud

Age/Origin: 34/Insanity slums of Iwaku

Sex: Male

Race: Human

Physical Description: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/veslerud/rptorsty-1.jpg

Job/Occupation: Soldier/Advisor

Personality: Grumpy is the one word one uses to describe Torsty's personality. He can often come of as one that lets his prejudice get the best of him. Torsty is always at battle with his own demons. He has a mostly negative opinion about Moonwings and dislikes Diana, since they stand wide apart when it comes to the politics in the Iwaku alliance. Still, he remains faithful to appear supportive of the general agenda that rules the alliance. His main reason for this is to keep stability and order in Iwaku.

One could call him a conservative, but then again Torsty does not see 'holding on to traditions' as a positive way to handle things as societies will change and adapt naturally over time. Going against the natural evolution of the Iwakuian community would be insanity in the word's true meaning, in his perspective.

Strengths: Experienced battle commander, self-assured, average skill in ranged weaponry, highly skilled in melee, experienced with giving advice to commander in chief over the years as working at Iwaku.

Weaknesses: Lacks knowledge on technologically devices and such, extremist(in ways of solving things), can be narrow minded, faultfinding, stubborn.

Equipment: Iwaku Alliance General's uniform and armour, laser rifle and pistol, battle-hammer(long shaft, hurrdurr)

History/Backstory: Torsty knows little of where he was or what he did until he found himself roaming the slums of Insanity, a borough of Iwaku. It wasn't long until the hierarchy of Iwaku grew fond of his presence. Torsty was appointed as a Iwaku official and spent most of his early years throughout galaxies doing whatever he could to gather more inhabitants for the community. Outside of Iwaku he would be considered a pirate and a threat to wards other societies.

After some time he found himself getting promoted and took on tasks that made him into a office-rat and less of a pirate. His higher position at Iwaku didn't last for long and Torsty found himself back at his old position, but this time with a different role. He has spent recent years as an advisor to the Administration and does very little pirate-work ever since the ethics of how to attract new members to the community has changed.

Torsty has a hard time remembering much of his past. So he's not sure exactly when he came to be. If anything, it was before the reign of Asmo and Rory and Iwaku had any contact with Moonwings.

Why are you here?: To support Vay's expedition and even out the experience of actual battle. Torsty also sees it as a great opportunity to get away from his office and do "real work". He might change his view on MW after all...

Horror/enemy creature/Object to Encounter: Sex-fiends: Torsty has been told old tales of terrible creatures that still may lurk MW which only desire is to grab you from behind and....okay, I got nothing, sorry.

This has so much love going.

Just gonna post what I made here: worst case it's too little too late and I'm being sentimental, best case we do this thing.

Finished :D​

Name: Tegan
Age: 1 year, though her body has matured to that of an adolescent
Origin: Discovered somewhere in the Perseph One System

Race: Cyborg

When Tegan was woken from cryogenic sleep, the majority of her original body had by then been rendered useless from a malfunction in the chamber’s programming.
Sixty five percent of her original braincells and spinal column were salvagable. The scientists on the Legacy crew were able to fill in the gaps with various synthetic and cybernetic implants.
As for what was left of her body, they discovered that though it was made of organic material, it was of some strange design they had never encountered. Her cells could not only regenerate at a hyper-accelerated rate, they were highly receptive and could adapt to any materials they were exposed to: synthetic and organic. They were slowly regrowing themselves.

Job/Occupation: Hacker/Thief, A.R.C member
Personality: Confident and inquisitive with a devious streak, oddly superstitious

Although Tegan’s brain had been fully matured, it had been significantly degenerated. Even with A.R.C’s enhancements, her brain’s regeneration process will still take some time. This means that Tegan is sometimes prone to adolescent behavior and still has some difficulty grasping certain societal concepts. This process is also frustrated by her stubborn clinging to her notions of right and wrong and by the simple fact that she has learned most of her social skills from space pirates.

Strengths:
Excellent at hand to hand combat, rarely resorts to physical violence
Flexible; acrobatic; body’s ability to generate short bursts of explosive energy make her a natural free runner
Enhanced reflexes
Accelerated healing
Immune to most toxins
Infared and Ultraviolet vision
Fluent in over one hundred alien languages

Cybernetic implants allow her remote access to the Legacy’s databases.*

*Tegan does not have direct access to classified information without a security command known only by Asmodeus. Also, when accessing the database, Tegan is highly vulnerable to detection unless she can physically link herself to a computer consol.

Weaknesses:

Due to her enhancements and body’s accelerated growth rate, Tegan’s metabolism is working at double capacity. This means she has to ingest a large quantity of calories on a daily basis. Tegan often supplements between meals by eating dark chocolate for its glucose, caffeine and antioxidant properties. However, this is only a temporary, and the longer Tegan goes without sufficient calorie intake, the weaker she becomes.

Equipment:

Reading material
Basic maintainance kit for the implants in her spine
Comm Link (audio)
Cybernetic Link (connection points located at the base of her skull)
Dark Chocolate (4 days of rations)

History/Backstory:

Tegan has no memory before waking up aboard the Legacy, three weeks after they had found her, stowed away in a damaged cryogenic chamber. The cargo ship’s remains were so ravaged it was impossible to tell their origin or destination.

Why are you here?: Though Tegan does not adhere to the Confluence religion nor does she agree with most of the things the A.R.C captain stands for, she remains loyal to the rebel faction out of gratitude, and is currently working as a crewmember to pay off her enhancements. She’s followed Asmodeus to the station in order to prevent the egomaniacle captain from giving away his identity by using the Trickster Mask.

Does she have a Multi-pass?

Er...Yes? (BTW, I had to research Multi-Pass, that should give you an idea of my level of expertise on this subject.) My idea was that she would have access to the Legacy's databases; however, any sensitive information that she does not have clearance to access would appear as a sort of...dark spot? Just missing, blocked, or simply incomplete code.

Get the fuck out.

Forget about the small fry and dive for the Gibson.

Hey, pals. QUESTION: Perchance I submit a profile, what's the forecast on it being accepted at this stage in the game?

Ta ;D

I totally want in on this RP, but it seems you guys are pretty far in....any chance I can be here as well?

I'm going to be working on a profile as well, if that's okay. :)

*chortles at Woodrat*

Status
Not open for further replies.