Recuperatio: Moonwings

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Woodrat

Original poster

"Once information has been encoded and stored in memory, it must be retrieved in order to be used."

The Backstory

F_TC___1920x1080_wallpaper_by_AlexWild-Copy-Copy.jpg

Moonwings . . .

Under the rule of Queen Diana this name was spoken on hundreds of worlds, spanning from the tiniest of asteroid settlements to the largest of city core worlds. The crowning jewel of the success of the Moonwings Empire was the massive space station built in orbit above the capital planet. Named after the empire that so lovingly built it, Moonwings at its height was capable of housing hundreds of thousands within its metal frame. It required twelve separate high-level A.I.s known as Moderators to operate both the station and the Empire at large on a daily basis. It was a center of trade, government, society. The place in which Queen Diana and the government stored the most vital information, darkest secrets, and unknown treasures, deep within its vaults . . .

1284553771184-Copy.jpg

And yet, seemingly at its height the great empire fell. Historians have argued it was due to a variety of reasons. It could have been the neural-plague that appeared in 3208 and tore a bloody and fearful paththrough the holdings of Empire before just as suddenly disappearing a scantfour years later. Perhaps it was the crash of the economy and trade that occurred as a result of the plague. Maybe it was the infighting between the different world states that occurred within the last days of the Moonwings Empire. Or as those fond of conspiracy theories argue, the Queen was betrayed by those closest to her who sought the throne for themselves.

Shadows_of_Elysium_by_taenaron-Copy.jpg

In the end it does not matter why the empire fell, only that it did. The neighboring Iwaku Alliance would take over many of the former Moonwings Empire worlds (this in itself a cause of even more conspiracy theories), bringing back civilization and stability to where it had been so horribly disrupted. The Empire was reduced to a shadow of its former glory, with only a core world and a few outer settlements still remaining within its possession. This remnant Empire was reorganized into a new state called Afta.

Abandoned_Spacestation_by_Hideyoshi-Copy.jpg

The jewel of the Moonwings Empire was largely abandoned. It was deemed too large to be scrapped, too expensive to be repaired, and too massive to be maintained by the remnant Empire. It was stripped of both the remaining sane A.I. and intact weapon systems. Afta keeps itself content with a foothold control of one of the smaller docking bays and surrounding areas. With its controlled area sealed off from the rest of the station, Afta provides a relatively safe port for those who wish to visit and gaze upon the derelict behemoth. The remaining outer areas of the station have since been taken over by a cycle of scavengers,pirates, smugglers, slavers, mercs, interstellar corporations, research companies, and unknown alien horrors.

However, none of that is why you are here. You are here because of one reason, to reach the center of the station and the archives and vault that reside there. Rumors continue to persist that the most precious treasures of the Empire still remain safe and locked within the vault. What they are no one knows. Except perhaps the Queen, and no one has seen or heard from her since the Moonwings civil war. No one has been able to reach the center. Or at least if they did, they never came back in order to tell about it. Perhaps you are mercenary contractor who found the profit to risk ratio to be satisfactory, a thrill seeking treasure hunter who couldn't pass up the biggest legend of our time, a citizen of Afta who wishes to reclaim a piece of Moonwings former glory, a down on their luck pirate who needs a quick buck, or simply a curious cat who wants to know what is really at the center of it all.

speed_paint_4_by_sundragon83.jpg

Our benefactor is looking for those who are willing and have the skills to reach the center of the station, open the vault, and bring back proof of whatis really within the vault. Please note however, we are investing a considerable amount of funds into this expedition and will not take kindly to failure or false evidence.
<o:p> </o:p>
Best of luck, we'll see with proof in hand when you return. . .

Reactions: 1 person
Setting & Technology & Races & Etc.

colonization_by_m3_f-d2xom1o.jpg

"It's been said that science fiction and fantasy are two different things . . ."

This RP/setting takes blatant liberties with the history, people, and names from Moonwings, Iwaku, and a little from the Iwaku Mythos. Mostly it'll be more recent stuff dealing with Iwaku, as with Moonwing's history my knowledge is fuzzy to almost non-existent.

For example, names such as the names of RPs might make an appearance as the names of ships or other objects. There might be an Iwaku Alliance vessel with the name "Pilgrim's Reach" or "Summer's Dream." A Capital Ship dreadnought in the Iwaku Alliance navy might be called "Legacy" or "Versaedian's End." AFTA vessels might be named "Black Rain" or "Grim Chance."

This RP has similar theme to Iwaku World in that it'll reference the history of Iwaku and Moonwings (however, without the epic storytelling). More than likely it'll have nods toward events, names, and items from the Iwaku World Mythos (perhaps not from me, as I didn't follow it that closely), which also has its own nods toward the history of Iwaku. Hopefully I can attract some older members that were on Moonwings and they can help craft more of the history of Moonwings and what occured toward the end of Moonwings. This RP will be its own setting, perhaps a recycled one; as if one expedition to the center fails (I.E. the RP goes inactive) another one can start up again (via a new OOC), retaining the parts, lore, and in some cases characters crafted from the previous RPs.​

asteroid_betl_by_m3_f-d3j9t54.jpg

"Important? Yes! Critical? Absolutely. I would go so far as to say that Superconducting Fiber alone makes our present economy possible."

This is a futuristic Roleplay taking place in space so yes, artificial gravity and interstellar travel is possible. Travel from one system to another is accomplished via either large jump capable ships or through jump gates that are located in nearly every populated star system. A.I., Cyborgs, Mecha, Powered Armor, laser weaponry, all exist. See below for more information.

space_smuggler_by_markothesketchguy-d3jcek4.jpg
heavy_metal_lunar_exodrone_by_ukitakumuki-d3gxx48.jpg

"What, pray tell, will we do when these little homunculi awaken one day and announce that they have no further need of us?"

Artificial Intelligence as mentioned in the tale above exist and come in two flavors, high-level AI and low-level AI. High-level A.I. are self aware and (to avoid Skynet type disasters) have their own rights within territories controlled by civilized government just like any other race (not that this might stop some corporation or such from exploiting them if they think they could get away with it). Usually high-level A.I. need substantially large amounts of space (computer databanks and such) and power to function, thus they are often limited to space stations, land based systems, or spaceships. The more memory and power available to them usually increases their intelligence and comprehension level (from that of a child to a savant like know-it-all).

However science marches on! Advances in A.I. technology (ironically often done by other A.I.) has recently resulted in A.I. having the ability to inhabit android bodies and thus having the ability to pass themselves off as a human or member of any other race. Mind, that this does put a cap on their processing and intelligences levels. A normal human sized body would give an A.I. about the same level of intelligence as a human genius. However, they won't be able to process or data as quickly as their larger counterparts. Another offset is the limited storage data in an android body (they will eventually run out and 'cannibalize' memory if they don't offload the excess information into external memory). There is also the fact that androids don't have energizer batteries that keep them going and going forever. They eventually need a recharge or replacement. Think of it as running a laptop off of internal power. The laptop will have longer battery life at an idle, however if it is running multiple programs, or other processes it uses the available power at a faster pace. But that is a moot point that perhaps will not come up in this RP . . . depending.

Low level A.I. is as one could guess, non self-aware A.I. that have set routines and programming. They are prominent in many places and often handle dull or routine tasks that don't change often (such as handling customer service complaints).

cyborg_by_lisenna-d3gnct5-1.jpg
The_Entomologist_by_thompson46-1.jpg

"I'd rather be a cyborg than a goddess."

If one has the money and the desire, they can replace nearly every part of their body with an inorganic replacement part except the brain. Often it is cheaper and safer however to grow an organic limb and reattach it than to replace it with a cybernetic limb. Cybernetic limbs and other goodies will of course give the user an advantage from the bedroom to the warzone. They also of course have their own string of problems (migraines, sudden loss of power if not properly maintained, massive hunger cravings, back pain, death) but that'll be decided on a case by case basis.

spacestation___a_floor_by_sedorrr-d3nit3r.jpg

"Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here? Where are you going?"

Humans of course are included; have to keep the standard bread and butter race in. Willing to accept whatever other race out there someone wants to use, as long as they are not overpowered to the max. This includes one's fine tailored furry species, to one that might be ripped straight from a game or movie.

". . . Being a telepath means you're special, and rare, and valuable."

"Not bad. Tell me, is that really telekinesis, or are you just pushing the nerve
endings, making them feel as if they've been slapped?"

This RP will of course be dealing with multiple races and skill sets etc. Thus I'm still open to the notion of there being any of the above, provided there is a good explanation as to why the character has this power and what it is capable of doing. This will be handled on a case by case basis. NO direct mind reading will be accepted! This is not to say that telepaths won't exist, just not as PC characters.

asba_by_shimmering_sword-d3hpr21-1.jpg
mech_suit_by_flyingdebris-d2xhg31-1.jpg
Space_Vagabonds__Assaulter_by_ukitakumuki-1.jpg

"The ship's psychiatrist has checked my brain waves and asked me silly questions while I was asleep and he tells me that it isn't fear, it isn't anything important . . . it's just like the trembling of an eager race horse in the starting gate. I couldn't say about that; I've never been a race horse. But the fact is: I'm scared silly, every time."

Mecha are kind of a moot point (since this'll be mostly in a space station RP) to this storyline. They exist, that's about all I have thought about and considered them at the point.

Powered Armored/exo-skeleton suits exist and come in a ridiculously large amount of shapes, sizes, and applications. They often require training of the user which also comes with the bureaucratic red-tape of being certified and licensed to use the suit within different corporate controlled and government areas and systems (pirates and other… illicit being the exception to the norm unless they get caught). Common system applications of powered armor would be to provide enhanced strength, more protection for the user, an stable platform in which to mount heavier weapons, operation in Zero-Atmosphere environments or extreme pressure environments, operation in dangerous environments such as extreme cold or heat.

Note they are called powered armor. They don't increase the speed or agility of the user (often it is the case they do the exact opposite), just the survivability in hostile environments.

Powered Armor is somewhat common. While it is far too expensive to maintain and equip an entire army with Powered Armor, Merc contractors, private security forces, and militaries often have a squad or two equipped with and trained in the usage of powered armor. Pirates might have a few scavenged suits, but for them it is harder to maintain them to peak efficiency.

plasma_rifle_3_by_ivangraphics-d32h16c.jpg
Vostok_MK_VII_by_Spex84.jpg

"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."

Laser Weaponry will be allowed. Laser pistols, rifles, shotguns, and machineguns all exist and are the mainstay weapon of security forces and militaries throughout the known systems. Using energy stored within power cells they provide pinpoint "laser-like precision" on target which can burn through cloth and flesh like it was paper. They are light and portable and the spent power cells can be recharged from external sources providing the user with continuous ammunition. Bear in mind however, one isn't going to be blasting their way through bulkhead doors with this weaponry. It could fire through the side of an air duct, but through heavy armor or composite material the laser weapon might take several dozen shots.

Plasma rifles and bulkier plasma pistols also exist. As one might suspect, they pack the punch that laser weaponry can fail to deliver, having an easier time burning their way through heavier materials (at the cost of not having reusable power cells).

The old powder and primer firearms have stayed in business, cheaper to produce than laser weapons and plasma weapons and often times more reliable. However, one major flaw of these weapons is the fact that a stray bullet could cause unintended decompression in a space station. Railguns are a no-no in sensitive areas such as space stations for that very reason. Other Weapons could be allowed on a case by case basis.

Other information to go here as needed

Edit - If anyone else has some idea they want to roll with Setting or Technology wise, let me know. I haven't gone too far indepth in thinking it all out, so I'm open to ideas as long as they are not too game breaking. Also feel free to ask questions about tech. and setting. I can explain some things in further depth than what I wrote here.​

Vay - a commander of the Iwaku Alliance, sent by President Rory to investigate Diana's fate and the possible role of the pirate Asmodeus in her downfall.

Torsty - second officer to Vay and an experienced warrior and advisor.

Asmodeus - a former Iwakuan politician who now leads a pirate alliance dedicated to the destruction of Moonwings culture and technology.

Tegan - an advanced cyborg plundered by Asmodeus's pirates. They rebuilt her and now she is paying off the favour.

Zypher - a former pilot and technician from the station - regarded as the best surviving expert on the Moonwings Empire.

Kendall - head of security for the AFTA-controlled sectors of the station.

Menorain - a spy sent by the fledgling AFTA senate to investigate the deeper chambers of the station.

Ophelia - a translator from a distant system allied with AFTA, sent as part of diplomatic exchange to aid the team studying the station.

Tyra - a mercenary who grew up idolising Asmodeus and now seeks her own place in history.

Ilico - a state of the art cyborg implanted with a mysterious silicon-based lifeform discovered on an asteroid. Motives unknown.

Raiu - a shapeshifting mercenary from a planet that was lost in the fall of the Moonwings Empire.

Coori - an alien drifter who once served in the Moonwings Empire.

Princess Diantha Flores - a fairy-like alien with plant-affinity, seeking the remains of her sister who perished on an earlier expedition to Moonwings.

Character Sheet

Name: (Everyone has one)

Age/Origin: (Age and planet or place of origin)

Sex: (Male/Female/Other . . . not a place to keep score!)

Race: (Human if you want this space to be easy. Otherwise provide a description of the race/alien species in question.)

Physical Description: (height, weight, hair color, eye color, fur/scalecolor, appendages. Can include an image, which is always nice).

Job/Occupation: (Merc, Soldier, Hacker, Medic, Drifter, Navigator, Janitor, etc. Whatever the character does or doesn't do for a living.)

Personality: (Brief Description)

Strengths: (their abilities, talents, list at least one.)

Weaknesses: (flaws, issues . . . list at least one. Be reasonable, Hawaiian women does not count as a weakness.)

Equipment: (What are they bringing aboard? One could include personal spaceships, but bear in mind those would not be used except perhaps for the very beginning and end of the RP. Is it Weapons? Armor? Camping Gear? Bubblegum? Mp3 or Mp48? A flashlight and duct tape? Keep it within reason, but add what you like.)

History/Backstory: (The life story of your character, add what details and high points you like)

Why are you here?: Why did your character take this job? Money? Desire?

Horror/enemy creature/Object to Encounter: Sadly, my imagination is notall that good. Describe one creature/alien/group that the players might encounter on their way to the center of the station or on their way out.

Expectations of the Roleplayersand the Roleplay

- Respect toward one's peers. We should all begetting along here, at least in the OOC (some character personalities might clash).

- Stay active. Too many Rp's die because everyone ends up waiting on someone else to post. Talk in the OOC (play games in it, discuss current world events, whatever) to see who is going to post next and what is happening.

- If one does need to go inactive PLEASE warn me and we can make arrangements. Otherwise if a character is inactive for longer than seven days without notification, they will be hijacked. Said character then runs the risk of wearing a redshirt and being killed off in dramatic fashion via plot-aliens.

- This will be somewhat player driven, in analmost fantasy adventure style blended with perhaps a bit of Aliens atmosphere(depending on what enemies we face). While I have the settling down, I'm not sure how events will play out or even what the corridors look like. So, it'll be up to the roleplayers to decide who leads them and what actions they take. I'll just take note of the actions, and then play out the results when need be.

- One main-character per person, side/secondary-characters can be approved on case-by-case basis (most likely yes, you can bring along your sidekick).

- Do note this will be somewhat grounded as being semi-realistic. Take heed of what your actions are and what the consequences might be. One is not going to be able to accomplish five headshots in a row while doing a back flip off of an elevator onto a moving car. If this continuously occurs, I will get annoyed. This also means no world breaking characters.

How meta are we allowed to be?

EDIT: figure I owe you an explanation for my question.

Character idea is as follows.

Vay, native Gaian who hides his heritage. Currently a high commander in the Iwaku Alliance here to represent Diana in some political matter or another, she herself 'is too busy to come herself'

Truth of the matter shes missing, Vay suspects her duplicitous sister in law to be, Tegan, of cooperating with Asmodeus the noobslayer to kidnap her to put a stop to her impending wedding.

How meta are we allowed to be?

EDIT: figure I owe you an explanation for my question.

Character idea is as follows.

Vay, native Gaian who hides his heritage. Currently a high commander in the Iwaku Alliance here to represent Diana in some political matter or another, she herself 'is too busy to come herself'

Truth of the matter shes missing, Vay suspects her duplicitous sister in law to be, Tegan, of cooperating with Asmodeus the noobslayer to kidnap her to put a stop to her impending wedding.

Er...

Part of the problem is that "Diana" herself has been missing since the fall of Moonwings in this storyline. She hasn't been seen since the Moonwings Civil War and the formation of Afta, she has never been an Administrator of the Iwaku Alliance. This is somewhat where it departs from what should make sense (but wait Iwaku has three Admin's and Diana is one of them!?) and I have an idea how to rectify that, but keeping it under wraps as of now. Suffice to say, the Iwaku Alliance currently has two confirmed heads of government (Jack n Rory). It may be retconned later if I get a better idea, but that's how I'm rolling now.

Should perhaps also note that this is not going to be an Epic mass RP like Legacy or Iwaku World (sorry if I got people's hopes up on that). I don't have the time, plot, experience, or Asmo's Epic writing skills and ability to ride herd on a juggernaut like that. This is going to take a more realistic tone than Iwaku World. A high profile character such as Asmodeus would be a former Iwaku Alliance Administrator that has gone back to running his interstellar space corporation A.R.C.

In essence this is a trial run of a RP in a smaller environment with a familiar yet different setting. The main goal of the players should be to reach the center of the space station. Now High Commander Vay could be investigating an issue such as suspecting Asmodeus as being one of the architects for the fall of Moonwings and the disappearance/death of Queen Diana, and assumes the proof of the matter lies in the vault at the center of the station (whether or not this is true). Do note that a head of an interstellar corporation (and a former Administrator to boot) has many connections and a lot of influence, and will not take kindly to those that wish to tarnish his name or damage the market value of his corporation.

So is this a meta RP where our forum accounts are the characters?

Covertly investigating Asmo in relation to the fall of Moonwings while standing in for Rory then. Where better to find clues than the station itself.

So is this a meta RP where our forum accounts are the characters?

Yes/no

If one wants, they can have their Forum account as the character (though that might lead to some odd names). But it's not recommended nor required (personally I won't be doing so, Woodrat would be an odd name if it wasn't a nickname). So you can play any character you want within reason.

Not recommended in the sense that if this follows the current attrition rate of roleplays, there is a good chance this roleplay may die. This however, will be a presistant world in that, if the RP dies and (more than likely) the characters die. Then the next time this RP is brought up those characters remain dead (or if they lived can be played again or ran into). This also means that any actions previously can either hinder or aid the group behind them.

This of course has the added side effect that say we're at a certain spot again in the roleplay, we might run across the dead bodies of the crew that went before us or if we join up for the second attempt run into characters we played previously or met deadly ends.

[Edit] - What exactly are we all refering to when we say 'meta RP' ? Just want to be sure we're somewhat on the same page here.

Name: Diantha Flores

Age/Origin: 1800, planet of Floria

Sex: Female

Race: Florian: Basically, a race of all-female, fairy-like beings. Producing offspring is simple, for they simply emerge from flowers that the "mother" plants on Floria or soil from Floria. (If planted on soil from another planet, the plant merely stays a plant.) Food is not too much of a problem as long as they have light, which they use to fuel the chemical reactions in their bodies necessary for creating the nutrients they need to live. They live much longer than humans, roughly 100 years for them equating to one year in a human's life. They are very connected to nature, being able to communicate with any life form they desire. Their powers include generation of magical plants and teleportation. The plants are often much stronger than regular plants and some can be manipulated to entangle/attack enemies (such as vines). They are even rumored to have been the creators of the flowers that now exist throughout the universe.

Seeing as they are all females, their home planet of Floria is ruled by a Queen. The princess becomes the queen by either a: inheriting the throne after her mother's death and being the eldest in her family if there are siblings or b: discovering something of value to her people such as a long-lost artifact (because of there are many florian diaspora, many relics and tales have been scattered throughout the universe by the Florians. Many of them have yet to be recovered).

Physical Description:

http://static.zerochan.net/full/38/29/261488.jpg

Job/Occupation: Princess

Personality: She is quiet, but intelligent. She favors little interaction, but is willing to put up with people. She does not get angry unless provoked by aggression of some sort. That said, her inner thoughts are quite simple. She is mostly concentrated on what is going on around her in the present: what she has to do in this moment to get by to the next one successfully. She does not like to think much about the past, and finds thinking about the future slightly scary.

Strengths:
-Teleportation: As long as she can see where she wants to go, she can go there. This makes it easier for her to escape in battle and evade enemy attacks quickly.
-Genesis of Plants: Can create plants that can serve offensive/healing purposes. Vines can easily ensnare a large enemy, so size is not too much of an issue in combat.

Weaknesses:
-Socially Awkward: She doesn't like talking to people much, and does not interact with them much, so she may not respond or may respond in a less than desired manner.
-Teleportation: Because she can only teleport to places she sees, and she doesn't have a photographic memory, trapping her in something opaque or blinding her would make her unable to escape
-Genesis of Plants: She can't create too many plants in one day without growing weak. If she creates too many plants, she'll collapse and fall unconscious until the next day.
-Lack of armor/defense: If her plants fail to ensnare her enemies and she's on her own she's really quite flimsy.

Equipment:
A backpack
2 changes of clothes
Battery powered plant light (refer to description of race)
2 packs of Long-lasting, rechargeable batteries

History/Backstory: Diantha was born as the second eldest of a large royal family. Her older sister, Prima, was much better regarded by her mother, the Queen Aurelia. While she did receive a decent education, she was not considered as talented or gifted as her older sister, who was destined to become the queen one day. The queen, who was still young, one day discovered of AFTA's formation through the messengers that connected the Florian diaspora that inhabited AFTA and Floria. Aurelia, unable to keep this large change a secret from her people, revealed it to the Florians. Aware that there were possibly many relics sealed away on the abandoned station.

And that's when Prima embarked. She thought that finding these relics and bringing them back to Floria would guarantee her the crown. However, she was dead-wrong. Soon after teleporting into the station from AFTA unallowed, she soon found the dangers far too great, leading to her demise. Now it's a few months later, Diantha is still desperately trying to find out what happened to her older sister. In the meantime, her mother has become sick with grief over her eldest's dissappearance.

Why are you here?: Diantha has come in hopes of finding out what happened to her older sister, Prima.

Name: Marus 'Vay' Aronius

Age/Origin: 34, Gaia

Sex: Male

Race: Human

Physical Description: Average height and build hes clearly not a frontline groundpounder, and the naval colours confirm this. He usually has a day or two's growth on his chin and his hair dark is kept short and neat and his remaining natural eye is light blue, the other being a small metallic sphere with a red dot where the iris would be and can pick up a variate of spectrum and allows him to see in the dark. His left hand has been similarly replaced but is functionally identical to a natural hand.

Job/Occupation: High Commander in the Iwaku Alliance

Personality: A practical man he will always try to find the best solution to every problem he encounters, no matter how many iterations we has to go through. A believer in both Merphy's law, and Occam's razor he uses both as a mantra when planning a rout around a problem but has been known to utter 'Bugger the plan' when the worst happens, its at those times that he'll take immediate and risky action.

Strengths: A good planner/investigator and respected commander.

Weaknesses: Not a soldier and never will be, ship to ship battles are very different to firefights. Theres a reason he didn't come alone.

Equipment:

The Deshnek, A long range unarmed shuttle (personal ship)
Laser sidearm.
Mesh armor discreetly worn beneath clothing.
Cybernetic hand and eye.

History/Backstory: Vay began life on Gaia, a fact he hides due to that planet's reputation. Early in his life with little experience he traveled under the moniker as 'escapist' until, in a bar, drunk and lamenting his luck a mysterious man told him of the Iwaku capitol. Wide-eyed and full of new hope he traveled there and crewed several small ships until the elder war.

It was during the war he entered the navy, commanding a small frigate, the Agamemnon in several skirmishes in an attempt to slow their massive spider-ships from reaching Iwaku space. It culminated in the Agamemnon arriving in Iwaku space, the bridge and most of the outer hull in shambles and Vay without a hand.

On recovery he was promoted off the line and since then has been under Rory's command, being where the Administrator cannot.

Why are you here?: Seeking clues to Diana's fate.

Horror/enemy creature/Object to Encounter: Plagued ones. Ex moonwingers who were caught in the bowels of the station when chemical leaks from tanks ruptured during the conflict flooded several decks. Little more than zombies and highly radio active they know no fear, they know no exhaustion, they know no mercy. (think feral ghouls from fallout)

How do we handle 'significance'? If you have at least some vague plot outline in mind, should we create characters with this general goal in mind? Since I hail from a different RP world, I feel at risk of falling prey to the dreaded 'out of the loop'.

How do we handle 'significance'? If you have at least some vague plot outline in mind, should we create characters with this general goal in mind? Since I hail from a different RP world, I feel at risk of falling prey to the dreaded 'out of the loop'.

The current "goal" of the characters is actually rather simple.

1. Reach the center of the station and the vaults without dying (preferably in one piece)

2. Find out what's in it.

3. ???

4. Profit Escape Return with proof in hand to collect their reward.

There is a vague grandiose plot that I've had bouncing around in my head. Nothing is quite set in stone as I'm not sure how things are going to play out (so the plot is going to be played rather fast and loose). The basic plot however is similar a typical treasure hunt RP. However, I do have some ideas on what challenges and "boss fights" that the characters will hit (hint: one of them involves fast acting sealing foam, the other giant water storage tanks). I also have ideas for sub-plots, but those will have to wait until I get a notion of what characters will be posted in here and some sense of what the cast will be. Already have had a few ideas for Vay's character.

Dun worry about falling out of the loop, if anything we can reel you back in. Just ask questions about stuff you don't know much about or want explained in further depth. If all else fails, turn where you came from into a new world or Empire. Iwaku isn't the only civilization/castle in the sandbox.

Also Vay? Your character sheet is frakkin' approved. Welcome aboard High Commander.

I'll have my character sheet posted sometime either late Friday or Saturday (most likely Saturday).

Okay, I've got something.

Name: Ilico

Origin: ??? (Asteroid Alpha-K444, Vesuvius)

Sex: Asexual

Race: Sentient silicon-based organism

Physical Description: Young, lithe, androgynous cyborg. Anatomically male (due to superior genetic musculature). Shoulder length brown hair either tied in a ponytail with past the cheek sideburns or alternatively all let down.

Job/Occupation:
Nomad, escaped experiment.

Personality:
An ethically and morally blank slate. Almost no conceptions of social mores, human or otherwise. Can be described as friendly, personable, and willing to have offer quips.

Strengths:
Naturally able to interface with almost any type of electronics. Small ports at the knuckles of each finger can deploy a physical intrusion electronic snake; metal scaled, self propelling tubes with a conductive micro drill bit. Synthetic muscle without the human limitation for violence frequently results in crushing of bones when a firm handshake was intended.

Weaknesses:
Can't really do much else. Does not have a sense of self preservation and is easily injured.

Equipment:
Itself.

History/Backstory:

[Synthesized female voice]: "Silico-1 was part of a self-propagating entity first discovered on an asteroid in deep space. The asteroid was almost completely composed of silicon dioxide (common name: glass) and is theorized to have been a molten fragment of lava thrown into space from a violent eruption driven by early planetary tectonics.

The iridescent mass was found to have been growing on a one square kilometer surface of the asteroid. Initial expeditionary probes landing close or on the mass were [expunged] consumed and did not transmit any data worth retrieving. Low orbit, high resolution photography revealed a clay coloured, malleable mass inhabiting the surface."

The next day, the mass had assumed the shape of the expeditionary probes. Elemental analysis confirmed silicon, iron, and various trace inorganic elements. The probe began transmitting nonsense to the low orbit observers, which, upon response from our probes, quickly began to resemble rational data."

A small rocket was used to blast a portion of the mass for collection. On return, the probe began to malfunction critically."

Soon, all of our [expunged] data systems had become infected."

[EXPUNGED]​

"The entire remote facility had to be immolated, with complete loss of equipment and crew."

A piece of the mass was hermetically sealed inside a brain canister and implanted within a state-of-the-art cybernetic body from Nu Cybernetics. Personality experime ...

Comba ggggg2222ta444

Clas@@@flllled m@@@^on 777111111111111;;;"​

[Garble]

Edenv05c026045-1.jpg

"In the end, I am all that is left of my family. I say family because among the limited words taught to me by you, this comes the closest to describing what my [expunged; data clearance not sufficient] was."

"Do I feel sad? I don't know."

"My name? $$$$$$ilico. No. That does not make sense. You may call me Ilico." *taps throat* "I need to have the $-harmonic looked at."

Why are you here?:
"I feel that I need to be here."

Horror/enemy creature/Object to Encounter: People who have lost their sense of humanity and have simply grafted whatever they can find onto their body. A swollen, pus filled sack of metal.

Name: Raiu R. Volmark

Age/Origin: 20, Celestia/Sector 284 Asteroid belt

Sex: twe- Oh. Male.

Race: Homo Morpius. Common name: Morph. The Humanoid residents of Celestia pre-destruction in the Moonwing Civil War. They are hunted down and enslaved for sport in the darker sectors. Mostly this species is able to change their features to some extent but a rare mutation allows a select few of them to change their body parts into weapons as well as strech themselves out to an extent at the expense of losing the ability to change their features.

Physical Description:
bennyu.jpg
That picture resembles how he looks in a recureing dream of himself on Celestia. He stands just below six feet and his short is cut shorter than it is in the dream, however he wears clothes that do resemble his dream self's.

Job/Occupation: Smuggler/Scavenger/Merc.

Personality: [wip]

Strengths: (their abilities, talents, list at least one.)

Weaknesses: Morphs do not cope well with cold temperatures. Outside of a protective suit (which can be very expensive now a days) a morph's reaction time makes a cold blooded snake in the winter look fast. Raiu's limbs can't extend more that two meters so it is easier to rely on weapons to get the job done.

Equipment: (What are they bringing aboard? One could include personal spaceships, but bear in mind those would not be used except perhaps for the very beginning and end of the RP. Is it Weapons? Armor? Camping Gear? Bubblegum? Mp3 or Mp48? A flashlight and duct tape? Keep it within reason, but add what you like.)

History/Backstory: (The life story of your character, add what details and high points you like)

Why are you here?: Why did your character take this job? Money? Desire?

Horror/enemy creature/Object to Encounter: Sadly, my imagination is notall that good. Describe one creature/alien/group that the players might encounter on their way to the center of the station or on their way out.

IN IT TO WIN IT AIN'T GONNA QUIT IT.

lolololol reserved for bio space

-----------------------------------

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--> <m:smallfrac m:val="off"> <m:dispdef> <m:lmargin m:val="0"> <m:rmargin m:val="0"> <m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"> <m:wrapindent m:val="1440"> <m:intlim m:val="subSup"> <m:narylim m:val="undOvr"> </m:narylim></m:intlim> </m:wrapindent><!--[endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> Name: "Coori"; Azdahagnaga`rong Lungbacunawacori

Age/Origin: 36 human years/ Planet Gardon

Race: Rangdorans is a blanket term for the sentient species inhabiting Gardon, a planet consisting mostly of liquid. The reigning species rose to the upper levels of the foodchain from its snake-like ancestor once it became amphibious. Some could say that Rangdorans are very technologically advanced but that is a gross oversight to the widely held belief among Rangdorans that they just happened upon particular innovations their neighbors hadn't. Most also overlook the nature of Rangdoran technological innovation being that it lies mainly in intrapersonal bond strengthening, a very highly regarded aspect of Rangdoran culture.

Physical Description:
BESTRecuperaKoori_JPG.jpg

Job/Occupation: Coori is a drifter mainly, content to be a statistic on any given core planet or station for years at a stretch. During the time before Moonwings and throughout its reign Coori served as a low-level freelance officer in the Chat sector. In Afta, she became a civilian and enjoyed the many benefits of being a citizen of Afta, like the excellent dental.

Personality: It could be a racial trait or maybe the years of service at Moonwings tempering her into who she is now but Coori… is kind of a bitch, actually. Moonwings and the places she served dutifully as a Public Relations officer before MW took their toll on her social development—whether on the job or off. Her ripe old age has mellowed her out somewhat but flashes and the more-than-occasional flare ups of her cantankerous and belligerent youth seep into her current life.

Strengths: The wit isn't the means but it's Coori's omgsuper well-honed sense of timing and opportunity that is the weapon holstered and concealed at Coori's metaphorical but somewhat rhetorical hip. But she's old now so all pretenses are gone so she uses her words like a worn out Louisville slugger.

Weaknesses: Bumpy-stomached men in tanktops. A highly guarded weakness of Coori is her age, which may or may not have to do with the only familiar faces to her being those hailing from from the glory days of Moonwings but those faces are few and far between while she's mostly awash in a puddle of new and young faces. Also heat, Coori melts in in 140 and above temperature.

Equipment: Usually, Coori carries around her Rangdoran multitask device and the transmogrification enabler on her chest. In consideration for the job's specs Coori also took a portion of her money and purchased a medium survival, an extra aid kit and a concealable firearm.

</m:defjc></m:rmargin></m:lmargin></m:dispdef></m:smallfrac>Horror/enemy creature/Object to Encounter: Flaost and Greist, a shifty pair brigands from Moonwings' past incarnations, with a penchant for killing first and mocking later, encountering these two who are rumored to lurk in the station's desolate corners is a very unfortunate stroke of luck for our intrepid band of explorers.

Also rumored to exist somewhere in the ruins of Moonwings station is one of the experimental tools created during the tumult before the end of the empire-- the B-4n Hammer. Its power was deemed too hazardous even for the riots at the time and so it was locked away in a high security storage facility somewhere in the bowels of the station. However, as the fall happened, the storage was reported broken into; its contents, including the hammer, were missing. To find this weapon is to hold the might of pre-Afta Moonwings technology.

<m:smallfrac m:val="off"><m:dispdef><m:lmargin m:val="0"><m:rmargin m:val="0"><m:defjc m:val="centerGroup">SUMMARY: olol another Moonwinger
</m:defjc></m:rmargin></m:lmargin></m:dispdef></m:smallfrac>

Name: Asmodeus

Age/Origin: 213, from an unspecified planet in the Silent Nebula (an uncharted region of space).

Race: Enochian (advanced humanoids)

Job/Occupation: Ex-First Minister of the Iwakuan Alliance, now deposed from office and pirate lord of the A.R.C. (Asmodeus Rebel Cadre)

Personality: Arrogant, deluded, messianic and astute.

Strengths: Natural authority, tenacious will, verbal wit and knowledge of Iwakuan systems. Enochian physiology lends enhanced strength and faster metabolism.

Weaknesses: Overestimates the loyalty and capability of his followers, aims too high in most things, is intolerant of new ideas and thinks in a narrow and rigid mentality.

Equipment: Legacy, the flagship of the A.R.C. Metatron, a lazer-sword. Trickster Mask, a cybernetic mask that, when attached, can transmit Asmodeus's neural impulses over short distances and cause involuntary reflexes in his target (a small moment of neural hijacking).

History/Backstory: Asmodeus is one of only a handful of Enochians to leave the Silent Nebula - a region of inaccessible space far above the Iwakuan system. A ruthless and successful businessman, Asmodeus worked his way into the political inner circles of the Iwakuan Alliance and was elected as First Minister, reigning for a period of 4 years as successor to First Minister Gabriel. He established a huge number of colonies that expanded the Iwakuan Republic, including the major worlds of Versaedian, Fateguard, Rifton and Legacy. Asmodeus was a perfectionist and enforced frequent changes in the laws, trade routes and social systems of the alliance, often interferring directly in the affairs of member planets. This came to a head when he tried to found an official state religion called Confluence, which denounced individual freedoms in the name of role-based citizenship. A week later, when the Moonwings Empire dissolved, Asmodeus moved for an immediate assimilation of its worlds, by invasion if necessary, and an imperial directive stating that all Moonwings culture and technology be suppressed for the greater good. This was the last straw. Amongst unprecedented public outcry President Homac called for Asmodeus's resignation. He left, furious, and fled to the outer systems, gathering his followers and forming them into the Asmodeus Rebel Cadre, who now plunder trade routes and outlying systems with vicious hit-and-run raids. Their current goal is to steal cargo from the best ships, destroy Moonwings technology and kidnap those who can be converted to the religion of Confluence.

Why are you here?: Asmodeus is here (in cunning disguise) to dismantle the symbol that the station represents, either by sabotaging it, exposing its mysteries or finding evidence that will convince the Iwakuan Alliance to destroy it. He believes the station is a bad influence on the Alliance and a distraction to its people. He has volunteered to go onboard personally as he does not trust his fellow pirates with so important a mission.

Horror/enemy creature/Object to Encounter: Rift Storms: Intense spectral storms that travel in subspace and cross over into material space without warning. They have the effect of disintegrating matter upon contact and have been known to tear huge chunks out of a ship's hull.

Character Sheet

Name: Zypher Alexandros

Age/Origin: 22 years old/Moonwings Refugee

Physical Description: See picture

Job/Occupation: Freelance Pilot/Navigator for hire.

Personality: Chipper, dense, single-minded, friendly

Strengths: Zypher is a strong pilot and has little issue adapting to ships of all sizes and styles. She's also quite a crack-shot with most laser pistols and regular slug pistols. She's used to doing tour runs out to the AFTA station and knows the space around AFTA and the Moonwings station better than most. Her memory from her days on the Moonwings flagship are spotty but she still has a light memory of basic areas of the ship. She is also very light and speedy on her feet and is a good sprinter and is very acrobatic.

Weaknesses: Most of her memory from her days on the Moonwings station has been lost, replaced with star charts and other information from her time as an immigrant in the Iwakuan Alliance. Zypher is physically weaker then normal, allowing all of her abilities in her speed, nimbleness and guns. If stuck without her guns she is pretty defenseless other then dodging.

Equipment:
425x270.aspx
- Personal cruiser class tour ship "Musume"
- First Aid Kit
- Messenger bag (largely empty so she can take things from the ship)
- A few packs of food rations

History/Backstory: Zypher grew up on the crown jewel of the Moonwings Empire, enjoying most of her time in the "Nihon" district of the station. During the decline of Moonwings Zypher was promoted to help take care of the "Moderator" AIs as well as serve as one of Diana's guards. After the station finally blinked off and powered down and AFTA was claimed Zypher stayed with AFTA for a while, learning the space around the station.

When the Iwakuian Alliance began interacting with AFTA, Zypher took this as a chance to begin exploring the outer reaches of the Iwakuian Space, and running tours of the Moonwings station. During that time memories of her life on Moonwings slowly faded into oblivion, so when she heard the call to explore the derelict vessel she couldn't pass up on the opportunity and offered her services.

Why are you here?: Zypher is looking to regain her memories of days past. (The pay don't hurt either!)

Horror/enemy creature/Object to Encounter: Bob "Scarecrows": Robots who served as a police force of sorts controlled by the "Moderator" AIs. Now without their controlling force they are erratic and unpredictable (although they might be reprogrammed and re-purposed if someone were capable. Their programming language is known as "Marsayas"

A defunct "Moderator" AI who slowly went insane because it was left alone, cut off from the other AIs as well as any human contact. Its psyche has fractured and a homicidal sub-consciousness tends to take over from time to time. This consciousness is based off of a past personality from Moonwings named "Deeq".

I heard Jack and Rory head government sorta?

I'd like to join in on this...not really as Jack Shade in the flesh, but rather with a primary character and a secondary character. I was thinking Jack builds a robot to represent him on this venture, trick it out and jazz...a bit like GO-TO in the second Knights of the Old Republic...I think. But really a droid with a direct comm to him that he can jump in and out of...I'd love to develop Jack in a leadership role and in far space.

Otherwise I'll join with another character, a different shoutout to mythos I think.

That alright woodrat?

And he's Tegan's pet, but she doesn't know who he really is.

DA PLOT THICKENS :B

Name: Tyra Rut. Goes by the callsign 'Asma'

Age/Origin: 23 hails from Iwaku.

Physical Description: See the image.

Job/Occupation: She is a Mercenary in good relations with the Iwakiun Alliance. Has considered joining ARC but believes they will get in her way.

Personality: Ambitious to a fault. She wants to go far and she wont let anyone get in her way. As a result she is fiercely independent and has trouble working in teams.

Strengths: She's a pretty good shot, and does not give up easily. She has good technical knowledge and can fix most 'common' systems. (she could fix lighting systems and airlocks. But she wouldn't know anything above 'standard' ship fittings.)

Weaknesses: Bad at Teamwork. Often lets her Arrogance get the better of her.

Equipment: Laser rifle outfitted to look and function similar to a bolt-action rifle. The bolt acts as a sort of Primer pump for extra kick with the trade off of a cool down time (makes it efficient at puncturing light/medium armour so it can function as a sniper rifle). It also has a Plasma shot alternate fire function.
She has 10 plasma shots.
A box of matches
Helmet for no-air zones.
Personal ship.

History/Backstory: Growing up on Iwaku the most influential experiences of her young life were long running sessions of play pretend based on the old Iwaku Admin War. Tyra always played as the Iwakiun Minister Asmodeus and grew up idolising the man and all he had achieved, believing he was greatly wronged when he was forced to resign.

As she grew she worked hard, leaving behind all the friends she had as children. a straight A student, she was offered places in the military of both Iwaku and some of it's outlying states, but turned them all down in favour of going solo, feeling that in the military she would just be held back by other people. The only person, she decided, she would work under would be Asmodeus himself.

Tyra practises the Confluence religion, but believes her place in society is near the top as a great hero or minister. Like Asmodeus.

Why are you here?: Picked up the call to the Moonwings station with hopes of Glory and Fame.

Horror/enemy creature/Object to Encounter: Some sort of sentient darkness. It makes the lights go out, but light from fire and torches etc goes no further than the source. Magnifys fears?

Oh and if anyone is interested you can see a video of me painting the pic at: http://space-kitten.org/iwaku/showthread.php?t=5098

Status
Not open for further replies.