Recon One: The Phantom Ghosts

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You saw him too? Think he has anything to do with the attacks? He seem's awfully interested in us."

"I have no idea. I don't think he'd be related with the attacks, he's been here longer than I have by the badges he has, but I'm not tossing the idea aside." Cam said calmly as she got her food. She noticed he was sitting alone in the corner. "Do you want to confront him.. Or wait?" She glanced at Ghost, keeping her voice down so no one but him could hear her.

"I'll drop back and confront him. Stay here. If something goes down, watch my back." He pulls up his mask so his face is hidden and falls into step beside the man, who starts, a look of fear crossing his face. "Lovely day today, isn't it?"

"Y-y-yes sir."

"Do you know who I am?"

"Y-yes sir."

"Who?"

"Luke Romanov, callsign Ghost. The Angel of Death, the Terror of Baghdad."

"Yes. Why were you following me and my colleague?"

"I wasn-"

"No. Don't lie. You've been following us since we left the TOC. Why?"

"I was ordered to monitor your movements."

"I can't-"

"You have one chance before I break your jaw."

"I really can't-" Ghost doesn't notice the man reaching for the man's sidearm beside him.

Reactions: DJae Writer Chick
Cam watched silently until she noticed the other man move towards his sidearm. "Ghost, your left!" She said quickly as she pulled out her own pistol, walking over, her food abandoned on the table as she approached the man drawing his sidearm. "Don't think about it." She had pulled her mask up by the time she got over there.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Now, now. There is no need for that." Moving faster than the man can see, Ghost punches him across the jaw, disarms him, and puts him in a choke hold. "Name and rank, now, before I break your scrawny neck for attempted assault and murder."

"Master Technician Andrew Parke, United States Army."

"Why were you following us, MT?"

"I was told to keep tabs on you. Don't ask me by who, cause I don't know. I got a letter that was left on my bed. It said that if I didn't, they were gonna kill me, my family, and my fiancee."

Ghost throws him to the ground. "Now, was that so hard?"

Cam's grip was tight on the pistol as she let Ghost take control. She looked to Ghost. "Sounds like we've drawn some interest. And probably not the good kind." She said quietly before glancing around. She say Most eyes were on them now, watching, confused. "What? Go on back to eating."

Only about half of them did.

Ghost drags him to his feet. "You heard the lady. Back to eating!" The ones still watching them snap back to their food. "Lets go."

He drags him outside and shoves him against the side of the building. "You are going to take us to your barracks and show us this note. We will decide what to do from there."

"Yes sir." They walk off.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Upon arrival at the barracks, he rushes inside and comes out a second later with the letter. "Here."

It says:

Keep an eye on the soldiers known as Ghost and Cam. They always wear their battle masks. If you don't or betray us, you, your family, and your fiancee are dead.

Ghost turns to Cam. "He wasn't lying. Shit. We've gotta do something. No police, no authorities. Just us and our team."

Cam glanced around. "Stay low." She said as she turned to the man. She looked at Ghost. "Let's get Ace and Hawk. We need to alert them ASAP." She said calmly. She noticed some more people and pulled her mask down. She didn't wear her's inside the base.. And she wasn't going to risk suspicion. "We need to meet where we won't be overheard as well." She said as she made a faint gesture to the group walking towards them. They were just curious what we were doing, not having witnessed what happened in the mess hall.

He pulls his down as well. "I agree. I'll get Hawk. He's more than likely at the shooting range or the armory. You get Ace. I know a chopper pilot who can fast rope us in, but we'll have to find our own way out." He turns to Parke. "You say nothing of this to those people. You do, and everyone you care about will be dead within an hour. We are going to help, but you need to stay silent."

"Yes sir."

"Good. Go." Parke takes off. "Go get Ace. Meet us at the helipad in thirty mikes. Bring spare ammo."

Reactions: DJae Writer Chick
Cam gave a curt nod. "Got it. Eyes open." She said as she pat his shoulder before walking off, slipping past the group. Knowing he wasn't in the mess hall, she went to his barracks, lightly knocking. No answer. She checked several other places before finally finding him by the gate. "Ace, we need to-... Ace?"
As she approached, she noticed he was stiff. "Ace, hey-"
"Cam, stop." He said in a gruff voice.
Cam tensed, but didn't stop. "Alec what is it?" She came up to his side, following his gaze. Wait a moment... She grabbed Ace's arm, yanking him out of sight. "We need to leave now." She said as she pulled him inside. "Ghost and I will explain later."
Seeing the man in the suit had unnerved him. He had binoculars, watching the base. Ace grabbed his stuff, getting ready while Cam grabbed extra ammo. Both were at the heli pad in fourth minutes. Cam was on edge, cautiously looking around as she circled the panding pad.
"Cam, we're in a secure location-"
Cam turned to Ace. "For once don't be so stubborn and listen. Ghost, Hawk, you, and I are going to meet in a safe location. Ghost and I think something is really wrong."

"Paranoid." Ace sighed, but consented.

Ghost heads immediately for the shooting range. He finds Hawk on the ground, laying prone, firing his .338 Lapua at the target, never missing a bullseye. He says in French, "Hawk,nous devons partir maintenant . quelque chose ne va vraiment pas , et les gens ont besoin de notre aide . Obtenez votre vitesse , et des munitions supplémentaires , et répondre à l' héliport ."

"Oui. ça ira."

As soon as Ghost turns around, Hawk falls into step beside him. "Je l'ai déjà mes affaires . Je sentais que vous veniez . Je me suis préparé au cas où. Je suis prêt quand vous êtes ."

"Je pensais un peu . vous avez toujours l'air de savoir ces choses . Allons-y."

They get to the helipad. "My guy is over here." They walk to a hangar. As they enter, they see a chopper out of a sci-fi movie.
Scorpion.png

"Marcos! Marcos, you here!"

"Que pasa, my friends!" A man in a grease stained flight suit rolls out from under the chopper and rushes over to give Ghost a hug. "How are you, mi amigos?"

"We need a chopper for a mission."

"What about the BlackHawks, or the Apaches?"

"We need the stealth of the Scorpion. This mission is unofficial."

"Of course. Once you board, strap in immediately. We are leaving at speed."

"You heard him. Onto the chopper!" He leads the way to the rear drop hatch.

Ace gave Cam a questioning look, but she dismissed him, following Ghost. She glanced behind them, still unnerved. She followed Ghost and Ace stayed close behind her.
"One of the suit men was outside the base with binoculars." She said quietly.

Ace looked to Hawk. "You know what's going on?"

"Shit." He mumbles back. "That's not good. This mission might be over before it starts. Marcos! Take us to this address! It's in the suburbs outside the city! We will fast rope in three blocks down!"

"Si, amigo! Here we go!'

They are slammed against their seats as they shoot from the hangar at 748 mph, two away from the speed of sound.

Cam held tightly to the seat and Ace looked over at Ghost at Hawk, eyes wide. "Mission?" He looked back to Cam.
"One of the technicals has been threatened to watch us, and Ghost and I are sure we're being targeted. We're reaching a safe place to plan."
"Who authorized it?" Ace frowned.
Cam finally looked over, a slightly annoyed expression. "Remember Raven and the Dust Star mission?"
Ace hesitated. "Yeah..."
"Exactly." She looked back to Ghost, sighing.

"I heard about the Dust Star mission. A freighter was taking goods to Iraq that intel said was for WMD's. A small covert team defied orders, infiltrated the ship, and secured the weapons. Was that you guys?"

Cam shook her head. "I wasn't part of the team then, but it was Ace, Halo, Chip, and a guy nicknamed Raven. He was KIA after being caught by the other side."
Ace's eyes were on the ground.
"It was my fault... She was leader at the time, and I kept telling her it was a bad idea, then almost got myself shot... She saved my life."
Cam paused, looking back to him. "It's not your fault." She said quietly.

"I'm sorry."

"Be over the LZ in one mike, amigos. Get ready. As soon as the ropes drop, you go. I don't do evac, so you'll have to find your own way back. Happy hunting."

"Copy that, Marcos. Ghost ready."

"Hawk, ready."

Cam gently nudged Ace and he looked up. "I'm fine." He said, having calmed back down. "Ace is ready."

"Cam's ready." She looked to Ghost, now almost eerily calm compared to most other soldiers with her background.

Ace was a bit fidgety, but was calm as well, watching Camille.

"We are over the LZ and hovering, amigos. Ropes dpeloyed. Good luck."

"Ace, Hawk! You two down first! Cam and I will follow!" They all give their ok, and Ace and Hawk slide down.

They land, and signal Marcos to go. They don't move for 15 minutes, just keep panning the area for hostiles.

"Alright lets move. The target house is two from the end on the left side. Do not engage till I give the order."

Cam sticks close to Ghost, but her eyes are everywhere, focused on their surroundings. Ace stayed up towards the front of the group, watching the target house closely. Any sign of movement and he'd stop, but he hadn't seen any yet.
Cam noticed she didn't see much hidden movement that would cause alarm, but she also knew that had gotten them back on the last mission.. They needed to be as careful as they could, and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.