Recollections: Magnanimous (Unique dark urban-fantasy)

The Ghost Note

Man on the Moon II.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually when I'm not working, later on in the day.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Nonbinary
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Scifi, Modern, Urban Fantasy, Horror, Superpowers/Superheroes, slice of life with a twist.
tumblr_paxiawfV5P1va87k2o1_1280.gifv

OVERVIEW
Welcome to Recollections: Magnanimous, another RP set in the supernatural horror/urban fantasy universe known as the Recollections universe. Set in a strange and unique urban-fantasy where the magic returned merely a year ago.

In Magnanimous, it's all about the Vanburen family. An illustrious family that is set in Araminta, Pennslyvania. The Vanburens were lead by their patriarch, James Vanburen, who various different children from past relations and adopted orphans and street rats out of the kindness of his heart. He was known as the world's greatest man; he was venerated by many as the kindest, self-sacrificing, generous man in the world - doing anything for his home city of Araminta. And then he died due to mysterious circumstances on Christmas day. However, a year after his death, a curse activated that would turn his children (by blood or not) into stone if they left Araminta. So now his children have to put aside their differences and solve the curse. However, James was not as great as he seemed to be as his many crimes, sins and past mistakes come back to haunt the family. It's up to them to set things right.

This story will be an urban-fantasy story that will cast a certain light on "magic" while leaving it ambiguous whether or not it's truly magic or not. The storyline will have elements of superpowers, urban fantasy, horror, and more. The primary thematic of this RP will be Idols or Magnanimity. The Vanburen family idolized James for his kindness, but they'll quickly find out that he wasn't that perfect. Tension will rise as they try to come to terms with the problems he left for the family. The secondary theme will be Secrets as every member of the family has their own secrets they've been hiding from each other - which will also have to be faced. Above all else it's thematic will be Connection, Emotion, and Memories

Several months in the planning, the stars are finally aligned as I feel as if now is the time to launch it. This is a project that I wanted to do for a while now and I hope to find some people who are interested. I promise a very interesting and well thought out storyline.

Technically not hosted on Iwaku but the Roleplayerguild. Here is a link to the thread.

Last edited: