Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
We've talked about this that we've eaten before - those delicious treats that just make us crazy with love. We've talked about those wacky things we can't help but eat, even if they're strange...

What I wanna know about are those things that are just so difficult, so crazy, so TOP CHEF that you're just too afraid to go near them. You wanna try, but you know that the world would probably just collapse around you if you do...

For me... no matter how good a cook I am, I'm absolutely ghastly afraid of desserts - Cakes, in particular... souffles, molten lava cakes, creme brulee, cheesecake. They're my absolute favorite, but dang are they scary.

As well, I'm horrified of Lobster.

My dad actually offered, at once point, to send me to Paris to the Cordon Bleu - because I have SUCH a passion for cooking. But I couldn't do it, because I just cannot bring myself... to kill a lobster. The idea of cooking one? Just freaks me out! SO easy to get wrong :-P

What about you?

You know how many times I've tried to make a soufflé? I consider myself a pretty good baker. I make pies, baked Alaska, creme brûlée, puffed pastry... things generally considered fairly "difficult." I just can't get soufflés. I've tried and I don't think I have the patience and/or care for them.

Ugh.

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Everything that's not cookies.

• Love
Anything that isn't a frozen dinner. Or pasta.

Those are about the only things that I feel confident cooking, lol.

• Love
HhFkkLo.gif

I can make it and have made it (pretty successfully if I do say so myself) but I still consider them one of the most bothersome because they're so finicky and exacting: flaky pie crusts. When they're good, they're good but trying to cut butter into flour while doing your best to keep the butter from getting warm and combining with the flour... Pain in the butt.

I bet you could have been a super chef, EJ, but I personally think that I get more enjoyment from cooking to suit my own whims!

• Love
My mother-in-law (I'm divorced but i still claim her, she's always been so good to me) makes these Christmas cookies that she calls Nut Horns. They are actually a square of dough where two corners are folded to the center over a nut filling. I tried to make them for 10 years. I have no idea what I do wrong, but they never work for me. I'm a good baker, so I'm not sure why this recipe hates me.

Something I can successfully make but that is a royal pain in the butt is Lady Locks. They are delicious but a royal pain.

Cookies, but only in my apartment. I never had a problem before I moved in here, and I took a look and realized the oven's actually crooked on the inside, so cookies - and indeed any kind of baking - is unfortunately impossible for me at the moment.

I'm dying to make calamari or octopus some day, but I just don't have the budget to buy the meat, and even then I can't get it fresh.

• Love