Rebuilding Humanity

"I suppose I'll join you," I intone.
"Didn't see anything of use when we were out; hardly a plant to be found. But at least I know the way around to a degree."

Standing idly in wait of their departure, I flick the safety back on my gun and sling it over my shoulder. I was beginning to have second doubts about the advantageousness of our chosen camp. But hey, at least there was a well.

Last edited:
"I will come as well",
One of the mature people of the Group said. His name was Jack, so far he has not done much himself here. He joined the caravan as a Guard but grew bored of nothing happening. "That was quite the speech young Lady! Your voice sounds very familiar though."

Jack felt a shiver running down his spine. He knew this voice! He just couldnt remember.
Where did he hear this voice before?

In Last Eden Jack worked as part of the militia, protecting the settlement from hostile raids. He did quite well in his service, but was disappointed when the top of top turned out to be a tyranny.
Jack stood up, grabbed his gun and asked,
"Where are we heading?"

Lzv4xlm.jpg

"My thoughts exactly."
"Give me a minute to tie up my pigs before we go.." Entin said before walking back to the pair of swine and tying their rope leashes around a hefty rock.
Amelia heard him say something in russian. She wondered what he said but dared not to speak and patiently waited for others to respond.
"I suppose I'll join you", spoke Anatoly.
"Didn't see anything of use when we were out; hardly a plant to be found. But at least I know the way around to a degree."
"I will come as well"
Amelia turned to look at a man she had met before. Her father once investigates the strength of his militia, how well they fought, how well they were aiming and if they were good enough to serve.

Amelia remembers that her father fired him and kicked him because he disagreed with the methods that her used to find the camps of the raider.

She was sure this man remembers the countless tortures her father order to be done, she felt disgusted by the memories that she, herself, as a child had to see.
"One day you will rule my child",
he said and forced her to watch as an arm was ripped off a raiders body, just to punish him for daring to oppose Last Eden.

"That was quite the speech young Lady! Your voice sounds very familiar though."
A tear rolled down her left cheek, now awake from her thoughts and the nightmare memories.
"I am sorry", she thought, she wished to scream that.
But she must not reveal her identity.
"Where are we heading?"

Amelia was glad that we had a small solid group to do this scouting mission. She felt that she is going to need as many of them as possible.
"We are to depart into the south! I think we are going to find what we are looking for there. We may be gone for a day or two though! Mind that!."
She stopped a moment and stepped a step forward.
"I would say we are to met up in 10 minutes here, get the water and food that we need and prepare for seven days of travel. We are unlikely to be gone for seven days, but we must make sure that we have enough... and enough to trade if we should happen to find other not so hostile people."

With that said, Amelia turned to leave and walked up to Esperanza.
"Care to join us on this scouting mission? A doctor with us will be very useful."
Amelia thought that this is exacly what they were still missing. Who knows what medicine they may find... or what wound they may end up having.

@PostingOwl @ClockworkCarcinogenicity @Domotoro

Kim kept to herself for the rest of the night, mostly occupying her self by scribbling in her diary, with what little day light she had left. Finding a spot by the well ,Kim layed her jacket down , laying ontop of it , as she used her satchel as pillow layed back against the well sighing heavily in annoyance as she used attempted to sleep. Making sure to keep her rifle close, being so opened and vulnerable like this was something she wasn't used to, she didnt want to take any chances with this new area.

" Days seem to be ending sooner each day , the days of travelling seem endless, only to find nothing . The day has been uneventful , like most ..seems luck wasnt on our side today and we've stopped somewhere unfitting to provide life...

Times likes this i miss being back at the farm...but life must go on, right ? I can only hope we move on from this place sooner than later "

Land : Barren , Travelling : almost full day , Results : no signs of wildlife yet Bonus : well

Kim woke in a terrible mood, sore from the uncomfortable sleep and exhausted from the lack of sleep , as she sat up grumbling to herself , pulling her hair from what what was now a messy bun , that hung over her left shoulder.

Waking up to the harsh sun , was not something she was used too but she tried her best to just ignore it sitting up , to quickly scan the camp just in time to watch as Malpais rejoined Anatoly.

"Kim, Malpaís? You all set?"

"Yeah."

Kim took a few minutes to run her fingers through her hair, untangling the knotted waves as she rose to her feet slowly , blinking as her eyes still adjusted to the light . Her lips parted ,as she stretched her arms above her head slightly , yawing softly to herself before kneeling down to grab her satchel. "just about.." she mumbled as she tossed her bag over her shoulder . She wasn't so used to being so on the move, just barely having time to wake she slowly joined the two guys ,smacking her jacket against her leg, until the access dust flew off before tying it around her waist quickly.

The travel seemed useless , Kim wasnt exactly surprised, but she expected to see more signs of wildlife then she had. Trying her best to hide her mood , as they walked back to the camp empty handed , Kim was now interested in hopefully finding something to eat. Until a strange hooded girl shed never noticed before approached them and spoke.

"i do " I know that all of you must be tired. But please lend me your strength and come with us. We do not know what dangers we may face and we still must check on the perimeter for dangers.",

Kim really wouldnt have minded joining , but first she need to refuel , atleast sit for 5 minutes and eat . But she wouldnt blame the group if they didnt want to wait. They would need her help ,and if this group travelled in a different direction than what they had maybe she would luck out , and find some sort of plant or wildlife.

"sure id join , but can i just get a drink , sit for a second , and maybe grab something to eat on the way ? " she mumbled trying her best to keep her tone friendly.

@Desire @Domotoro @Sifter @ClockworkCarcinogenicity (not sure whats happening, or if my post made sense! or who is even still in but jumped in anyways)​

• Love
Reactions: White
I blow air out through my lips. It was what- the third day now? We were running out of time; hardly any progress had been made with housing and food supplies were no doubt on the slim side. The scouting party I had joined milled about and conversed in murmurs before me. I straighten my back and take a few steps forward.
"We need to get our shit together," I snap.
"We're running out of food. We can't live on dirty, radioactive water from a stale well. We don't know the surrounding terrain, and we've nowhere decent to sleep. Are we going to stand around and talk about it?"
Here I pause, for dramatic effect, then continue on, lowering my voice to a serious tone.
"Or are we going to do something about it?"

"Right, lets do zometing." Entin joined in from by his sitting position, obviously for the idea of relocation. He stood up after patting his pigs that were tied around his waist.
He mumbled something in Russian before checking to make sure his beat shotgun was functioning, his hatchet was sharp, and that the picture of his mother and father were safely ticked into his breast pocket.