Rebuilding Humanity

" I bet he would've been great help" Kim murmured, it was obvious now that she was the only farmer. She watched Esperanza pull out a sketch book.

" if I have any luck catching anything, I'll see what I can do."

Someone spoke up, at the mention of taking a look around, Kim's face lite up, it would definitely give her an idea on what animals to look for. If not tracks in the soil, she had no clue about building makeshift tents, and with nothing to do in this heat she would soon become restless.

" I'll tag along "
she sighed swallowing hard as she dug around in her bag for diary, pulling it out slowly as she walked towards Anatoly .

End of Day 1:

The Caravan planned, joyfully. But night came.

Vivienne finally awoke from her daydreams of a forest in a barren land. Unfortunately for them it would not be so easy to get thisstarted, It would just have been too easy to get a base going with a huge supply of wood after getting it worked out.

The 2nd Day dawned.

Weather roll:
1-3 Thunderstorm with rain
4-6 Thunder without rain
7-14 Rain
_7-8 Havy Rain
_9-10 Rain
_11-14 Bit of rain
15-30 Cloudy.
31-99 Clear Day

Suggestions:
Leader: Organize the settelements roles and get them started on doing what they are supposed to...
Architects/Builder: Get started with building and setting things up.
Farmer: Begin to consider ways to gain recources
Doctor: Help. Somehow.
Guards: Help. Somehow.
Scouts: Scout (I will begin a private conversation with each scout/scout group and tell a tale of what is seen/is found, you can be a bit aggressive and influence it yourself as said on the OOC, just be reasonable. Because it has consequences to not be)

Malpaís looked at Anatoly while placing his hands on his hips. As Kim walked over to Anatoly he "opened his mouth".

"He, whom dares, wins."

Having said that, Malpaís took his nickel plated Commander type automatic pistol out of its holster and, while keeping it close to his chest and pointed away from the group, brass checked it. Assuring himself that a round was in the chamber, Malpaís put the gun back into his holster turning the thumb safety back to ON.

"I am game. It's for the best if we make sure the area is safe."

He walked closer to the duo, ready for any type of trouble.

Emma held her hands behind her head, lying down on the grass with her eyes closed.
She knew it was getting late, and the air was also getting colder.

Fortunately, it looked like the group had decided to stay here for the night and make a camp.
Pushing herself up, she sat and leaned back on her elbows, watching the rest.

• Thank You
Reactions: White
Resdin groans a bit before sitting up, rubbing the back of his head. His bedhair (or grasshair, as it was) looked like he'd just been attacked by a few sentient bushes. He yawns as he looks at his hand, bits of grass falling out of it. "Did not get a sound sleep that time 'round. Shoosh." He blinks a few times, looking out to the horizon, and then back to the camp. "Y'all headin' out?" He asks, a bit loudly, to the small group forming nearby. "See if you can't find us some long branches or somethin'. I'd love ta get some sorta shelter up and goin', but without any rigid pole-like things we won't be gettin' anything good for a while." With that, he gets up, brushes some more plant matter off his pants and walks over to the food pile to grab some breakfast.

"I'd love to eat breakfast first, of course, but it wouldn't hurt to have a check around. Look for a high point. And yeah, we can keep our eyes open for supplies."
I look at the others who had volunteered to accompany me the night before, as I check to make sure my rifle is in working order.
"Kim, Malpaís? You all set?"

The trio, seemingly, decided to go out only in the morning. Malpaís, for the first time, insisted to stand guard for the whole nighttime. It was only because he was not able to sleep for the past two days, he suspected it to be insomnia. He kept this hidden from the rest.

During the night Malpaís simply sat near the well with his gun in his hand. He had hoped for he would be able to pass out. But the wish was not granted. He took off his kevlar vest and got comfortable, then, he simply sat there staring into the sky for seven hours - feeling anxious.

During dawn Malpaís began reading his scripture. The lighting was low, but he managed to make out the letters. The Book of Mormon is one of the New Canaanite sacred texts, along with the Bible, the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price. Malpaís originaly had all of the books, but lost them over time for different reasons.

After some time the sun had risen, along with that others began to wake up. Having buttoned up his shirt and put on his kevlar vest, Malpais regrouped with Anatoly.

"Kim, Malpaís? You all set?"

"Yeah."

Malpais answered, brass checking his gun at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Esperanza woke up as something tickled her face. She opened up her eyes to see a lone stem of grass poking into her cheek, and a tiny spot of mud in the earth where a puddle of drool had formed in her sleep.

Gosh but she had slept well. She sat up and stretched, noticing the pile of food, and the three people grouped in a circle. Esperanza called out to them, getting shakily to her feet and brushing off her shirt.

"Hey, remember if you guys find any animals or insects or whatever, I'd like to... study them," she called, a tiny grin lighting up her face as she did so. Science was a wonderful thing.

(Don't quite want to give up on this yet. There is still hope for recovery.)

"I'll do what I can," I assure the doctor. Nodding to Malpaís, I sling my firearm and begin to walk off from camp, taking note of any large landmarks in the vicinity so that we could find our way back.

• Love
Amelia's Diary:
After a long journey we finally found a place to remain at. It is not the best terrain, very barren land. Several days we have traveled but I am afraid that my father will look for me and get those innocent here murdered. They do not seem to recognize me and hopefully they will not. Heaven knows what they will do to me!

Otherwise the day went uneventful. We didnt manage to set up much. The Architects only choose to plan today but we really have to set up basic housing soon but a scouting party formed today. They plan to scout ahead tomorrow in the morning.
Food is running out in 2 weeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new day had Dawned.
Amelia's eyes openined. Her back still isn't used to sleeping on the ground, even after the days of journey. Sweat ran down her face. "Why must it be so warm?", she thought and got up. Amelia looked around and saw the scouting party depart. Inside she felt that she wished them good luck, she still kept her distance, afraid of her identity being discovered.
Amelia was lonely. For days she didnt speak and kept her distance. On the very beginning of the journey she secretly took a big piece of cloth and has been wearing it as a cape to partially hide her face.

She turned to the doctor. It seems she and Amelia are two of the people to remain in the camp.
"I should... and want to talk. Maybe... just maybe if I can create enough bonds they will protect me if worst comes to happen..."

Amelia walked up to the doctor known as Esperanza.
"What is it that you hope to find in studying the dead? Is that not sacrilege?"
Being tought in a Religion, she was told that the dead, weither it is human, animal or insect, must not be tinkered with. As it is all she knows about the world and being a child beyond the moment the world went dark she wouldnt know differently.
Amelia felt her body shake.
"Hopefully she won't see..."

(Opening a PM for the scout party now)​

Esperanza looked up at the other girl and snorted. "Hardly, where do you think our meat comes from? Trees?" She held up her sketch book and flipped through a few of the pages for her to see, holding up detailed drawings of dissected specimen. "I'm trying to figure out how radiation affects species over time. Some of my work was lost..." she said, trailing off as she lightly traced her finger over the image of the digestive system of a frog.

"Also, it's fun!" Esperanza added. "I've only been able to get my hands on one human so far, but we'll see about the future. I need more than one specimen to ensure data." She stood up and stuck out her hand. "Esperanza, but I'm working on a nickname."

"I read a book once... is the name for the effects not mutation?"

Amelia wasnt shaking anymore. Feeling confident that she had not been recognized. She looked up to Esperanza "Would you mind setting up our tents up together? I could use some help with it!"
She turned around and pointed to a place behind her that is fairly close to the well.

Amelia felt the cool breeze on her skin. Maybe now she could be free... and achieve a place where the survivor could really be free and welcomed to.

Meanwhile, I worked on a route covering as much high ground as possible. Able to find a low knoll to stand atop (1d6=4; raised land) I survey the area surrounding the camp. Barely able to see the camp in the distance thanks to a light mist (1d6=1; visibility) I determine that this scouting venture was an overall waste of time. There were hardly any usable supplies within the vicinity of the camp (1d6=1; local area) and I decided that I'd have to return here on a clearer day. Turning to my companions, I silently wait for their opinion on the situation.

(Hope I didn't overstep my bounds, just trying my best to follow Amalia's instructions. Correct me if I am wrong.)

Resdin finishes munching on a stick of jerky. "I wouldn't rec'mend messin' with none of the dead bits. Never know what sorta things those bodies have been dragged through."
He wipes his hands off on his pants and adjusts his shirt collar. "But I could certainly be of some assistance with that tent buildin'. I never was a Boy Scout, but pitchin' some tarp shouldn't be too difficult." He steps forward a bit, but stops in the middle of the motion. "Unless you were just askin' for her specific assistance? I don't mean to intrude or nothin'. M' ma taught me better."

Esperanza bit her lip as a grin threatened to break out across her face. "But the dead bits are the most fun!" she said, stashing her book back in her bag and getting to her feet. "And actually by observing the carcass, you can tell what it's been dragged through."

Then, seeing his hesitation, held up her hands. "No, you go ahead, I'll just watch. Shelters tend to... die when I get involved in the construction." Mostly because she got distracted while she was supposed to be holding something up, or tying a rope, or something like that. Distractions were everywhere for her.

She tilted her head to the side as she remembered something. "Wait, let me amend that. The dead bits aren't the most fun, the live bits are."

"I wouldn't rec'mend messin' with none of the dead bits. Never know what sorta things those bodies have been dragged through."
Amelia turned to the man that now spoke, still carrying a thought about Esperanza's words. "Is that not cruel?" She felt a bit afraid of seeing the mistakes of Last Eden repeated.
The man that spoke, she recognized him as Resdin, a man she didnt know nor see much of. Maybe she just didnt pay enough attention.
"But I could certainly be of some assistance with that tent buildin'. I never was a Boy Scout, but pitchin' some tarp shouldn't be too difficult."
She saw Resdin step forward, she perceived this as a intention of helping to set things up but he stops in the middle of his motion.
"Unless you were just askin' for her specific assistance? I don't mean to intrude or nothin'. M' ma taught me better."

Amelia considered for a moment and looked into Resdin's blue eyes. Resdin looks to Amelia like a mature man, somewhere in his 30s. He didnt seem very muscular but trustworthy enough.
She Pulled back the improvised cape and let it slide to the ground, revealing her appearance; and risking her identiy being discovered to Resdin.
"I would gladly accept your help"
She smiled slightly to Resdin and turned to begin getting the things together that they would need to set up the tents.

In a distance she saw the scouting party return, they didnt look very happy but that was not a concern right now.
Time passed setting up the tents with resdin together, the work being done and having set up 2 tents she turned to Resdin.
"Thank you a lot for your help!"
She smiled again and began looking for the piece of cloth that she dropped earlier...
She found the piece of cloth and put it back on again. Hiding her appearance and her identity, she could only hope that Resdin didnt recognize her.... him and whomever happened to have watched.

(Dice Rolls on the OOC)​

Entin had kept to himself for the first day, tending to his pigs and watching the others go about setting up camp. But today is the day where he needed to stop lounging about and do something, lest the group accuse him of idle hands while the rest worked.
He sat up from his sleeping position, clearing his throat and smiling at the boar and gilt that layer contently next to him; their days of fertility were close to ending though and the female had yet to sire a single litter.
"In due time, little miss." He assured in Russian as he patted her hairy flank. He stood up and contracted his muscles in a stretch before shouldering his shotgun and holstering his hatchet in his belt loop. He saw that a few were already up, and he walked over to the somewhat busy hub of the group.
He cleared his throat before speaking.

"This ground is too harsh for planting anything foreign, however, some native plants may remain nearby; anyone want to accompany me?" He asked out loud, not really caring who comes, as long as it was someone.

Resdin's eyes flickered with a brief moment of recognition, something his father had said years ago. The adopted child of a tyrant, both come to wreak havoc on their livelihoods. He could hear his father's voice, muddled through time, lamenting over the hardships wrought. The name of the child was beginning to float back to the surface, but soon faded away as quickly as it had come.
He finishes off one of the knots holding down the tent, and stands up. "Glad to help, miss."

"I should make sure that the people here can eat... Unfortunately I do not know much about the soil and domestics"
Amelia made her way across the camp, looking for somebody whom has an understanding of these things.
Passing by the small group that went to scout she could see disappointment in their faces, it appears the scouting party was a waste of their time.
"I should scout the surroundings to see if I can get better results than they have tomorrow"

In the distance she could see a man with his boars.
Amelia observes the man speaking to them, with a gentle smile from his sitting position.
She saw the man stand up, stretch and walk into her direction and the scouting party behind her.

"This ground is too harsh for planting anything foreign, however, some native plants may remain nearby; anyone want to accompany me?"
"I do.", Amelia answered.
"We must make sure that we can supply ourselves at this location with food and water."
She pulled the hood of her improvised cape a bit further down, hiding her eyes. She had known this man before, not by name. But her father had invited him to his company to ask questions regarding soil and food supply.
He was sure to remember whom she was if she would accidantly show him her face. It may have been a year or two ago since then but Amelia felt that she must make sure... so that the others here will not know whom she is. Who knows what hate they would bear towards her? And she was just a girl.

Amelia took her gun from the shoulder and held it with both hands infront of her. This was a safety measure to react quickly in case they would face opponents.
She turned to the disappointed scouting party.
"I know that all of you must be tired. But please lend me your strength and come with us. We do not know what dangers we may face and we still must check on the perimeter for dangers.",
She spoke to the group.

----------------------------------------------------
@xKisses @ClockworkCarcinogenicity @Domotoro
@Hibou48888 (decide if you happen to stand nearby when Amelia ask and decide if you wish to join the second scouting party)​

"My thoughts exactly." Entin concluded. The woman's speech rested well with him, and he was surprisingly happy that she would accompany him. In a personal victory, he pulled the small glass bottle of clear liquid from his vest pocket and sipped. The vodka reminded him of his father, and his first time with the all too familiar liquor. He should have scolded himself for depleting his special stock, but it felt like he earned it, so he took another grateful sip before corking it and returning it to his vest pocket.
"Give me a minute to tie up my pigs before we go.." He said before walking back to the pair of swine and tying their rope leashes around a hefty rock.
"Now you two, don't get into any trouble while I am gone." He instructed playfully in Russian, scratching the boar on the tuft of hair between its eyes.