Rebuilding Humanity (SignUps 3/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skagit River is like 11 miles away; good thing there's like roads leading to it from the houses around Cavanaugh (the lake). I personally would have gone with Lake McMurray; it's got farmland, it's smaller (less likely to be found), has a more concentrated living area (houses (or in our case the ruins of houses) are all in one area instead of lining the lake in a ring), and it is significantly closer to the highway and the river.
24e5ohs.png

25z3vd3.png

(The bare or discoloured patches are logged areas in various stages of regrowth.)

21mf4tz.png

(But it does have an island!)

2i9jrrk.png

But I digress; you're the boss! I rest my case.

Before I get my post started . Is it alright if I just choose the food ? Like what we've brought in the van etc in slight detail ,or don't bother ? @Desire

24e5ohs.png

25z3vd3.png

(The bare or discoloured patches are logged areas in various stages of regrowth.)

21mf4tz.png

(But it does have an island!)

2i9jrrk.png

But I digress; you're the boss! I rest my case.
Suggest it on the RP to Catherine. You can always attempt to influence everything this way espeically because she does not actually know the terrain perfectly. ;)

Before I get my post started . Is it alright if I just choose the food ? Like what we've brought in the van etc in slight detail ,or don't bother ? @Desire
Yes it is alright.

Sorry for my absence until now, been busy. Tomorrow I need to write a post for second Horizon and the mercenary guild. Practice with the League of Legends team is currently not happening due to christmas break until january and it being mid post season.

cancerframkall said:
Skagit River is like 11 miles away; good thing there's like roads leading to it from the houses around Cavanaugh (the lake).

I just said you couldn't drink from stagnate water. You HAVE to drink from the river as a river flows. Dengue fever is a virus-caused disease that is spread by mosquitoes. It is a painful, debilitating mosquito-borne disease caused by any one of four closely related dengue viruses. These viruses are related to the viruses that cause West Nile infection and yellow fever.

It can cause any number of things; pain behind the eyes, high fever, severe head pain, nausea & vomiting, and lets not forget the noticeably jaundice rash that appears after the onset of the high grade fever. We might have doctors in our group, if not I can make one. Regardless, they aren't miracle workers. There is no specific medicine to treat dengue infection. That aside, it isn't like they'd be able to jot it on a pad tear off a script for you and say here "take these."

@Cancerframkall Please dont use "I" and use the third perspective. Not to be mean here, the thing is just that it, for once, is annoying to read when you write a book with others, which is what an RP practically is, the second reason is using the first person basically forces you to constantly reuse I over and over again which just makes the ammount of "I" ridiculous disgusting.

Note: This is very subjective.

I will write a GM post on sunday and am going to boot out the people that did not make a post unless I have reason to believe that the alert-feature bugged out.

@Cancerframkall Please dont use "I" and use the third perspective. Not to be mean here, the thing is just that it, for once, is annoying to read when you write a book with others, which is what an RP practically is, the second reason is using the first person basically forces you to constantly reuse I over and over again which just makes the ammount of "I" ridiculous disgusting.

Note: This is very subjective.

I will write a GM post on sunday and am going to boot out the people that did not make a post unless I have reason to believe that the alert-feature bugged out.
OH LORDY DID I FORGET TO DO THAT

My apologies, I will edit immediately.

Don't have internet at home atm
don't know if I can make a post tomorrow

Provider is doing nonsense

@Manhattan Project Can you take over temporarely? I expect to be without internet access for another week -_-

@Desire
Sure thing; do you need me to do anything specifically?

@Befälhavare, @xKisses, @Vansalon, @almondeedee,

Okay everyone, Desire has asked me to take over as you all know. I will be re-reading everyones post and get us back on track later today. Its currently 3:07 in the AM where I'm at. That's Eastern Time US & Canada. I will start around 12 PM.

• Thank You
Reactions: White
If there's still room for one more, I wouldn't mind dropping off a sheet later when I have a bit more time to go over the fine particulars.

Also, would a hunter (for contribution to the group's survival)/ scout (for patrolling ahead and reporting to the group when moving) be a fit for this game's composition? As well, what are your feelings on having two primary weapons that are swapped out at camp for hunting and patrol duty? I mainly am curious because what's good for taking down a deer or elk wouldn't necessarily be what you want if you ran into a group of bandits, and you wouldn't want to chew up your defense ammunition on hunting. If it's a solid one primary, that's totally fine as well! I have middle of the road alternatives.

Most likely, though our GM has succumbed to the whims of cable companies and is unable to service us currently.

Most likely, though our GM has succumbed to the whims of cable companies and is unable to service us currently.

Ahh, I am all too familiar with those woes. Only, it's usually because somebody manages to take out cellular towers and blackouts my entire town at least twice a year.

If there's still room for one more, I wouldn't mind dropping off a sheet later when I have a bit more time to go over the fine particulars.

Also, would a hunter (for contribution to the group's survival)/ scout (for patrolling ahead and reporting to the group when moving) be a fit for this game's composition? As well, what are your feelings on having two primary weapons that are swapped out at camp for hunting and patrol duty? I mainly am curious because what's good for taking down a deer or elk wouldn't necessarily be what you want if you ran into a group of bandits, and you wouldn't want to chew up your defense ammunition on hunting. If it's a solid one primary, that's totally fine as well! I have middle of the road alternatives.
The max ammount of people is 10, we currently are 7/10 so yes there is a spot free.
I have had interwebs since saturday, been catching up with a lot of things though and will be properly back on here tomorrow (tuesday)

I am going to type something up unless ManhattenProject wishes to go ahead and make the post as I asked to, even if it is just for the sake of courtesy.

Also going to drop people that have not yet done a reply and have not communicated at all regarding their absence.
That means, if my memories are correct, that two that are going to literally disappear ;o

Best Desires~

@xKisses Christmas trouble?

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Trent Blackwood

Primary Weapon:

On Patrol: IWI TAR-21, civilian model. Black with a flashlight, Mepro 21 reflex sight, EOTECH 3x flip magnifier, and flashlight. 1x30 round magazine, full.
400px-TAR-21_Flat_Top.jpg

Hunting: Moisin-Nagant 91/30. 5 round internal magazine, full.
2-Russian-Mosin-91-30-VG-to-EX-1500086.jpg

Secondary Weapon (If any): CZ-75B 9mm pistol. 12 round magazine, full.
cz%2075b%20cal%209%20bl-01.jpg

Essential Equipment: Hunting knife (1), 1x 9mm magazines, full. 1x 20 round box of loose 7.62x54r rounds (2), 2x .223 magazines, full (3).

Non-Essential Equipment: A pair of military-issue binoculars (1), a water-proof note pad case with a pencil, small sharpener, a pen, a couple erasers, the note pad itself, and a small penlight (2).

What does this character contribute to the Group?: Scout, patrol, and hunting.

Group Section: Military

Appearance:
tumblr_m8ept8Ef9c1qcw9vpo1_500.jpg

Trent stands at 5'11" with a slender build, grey eyes, and he is very seldom cleanly shaven.

Personality Concept: For a man who professes his contentment at being a part of a group, Trent is a man who spends a lot of time away from the relative safety of his comrades or what passes for civilization in the post-Breach era. While generally easy-going and somewhat aloof by nature, Trent feels the need to prove his worth to whomever he's grouped with in fear of being overlooked or not being offered a fair cut of what meager supplies can be scrounged up. While he largely hates being off on his own and the uncertainty of ever returning, he's grown up knowing that unless everyone pulls their weight, there might not be a tomorrow for anybody. On the other hand, when tensions flare up, he's more than happy to spend his time in the company of solitude to avoid the worst of it. Trent is not a man who is comfortable with fighting and arguing, although he's never hesitated to pull the trigger on another human in the few times it became a necessity. Given how scarce resources are, he tries to make every bullet count, and he seldom misses if he gets the drop.

Although the post-apocalypse world is all he's known, the remnants of the world that was left behind is a source of conflicted emotions for #Trent, who both dreams of seeing the world how it was, and has a sense of melancholy towards all that was lost. One of the most devastating things to happen in his life was the loss of his magazine collection when he had fled Last Eden with his group as they were a window into this mysterious world, and he cherishes the opportunity to listen to the few middle-aged and elderly people who remembered what the world was like pre-Breach as they tell the stories of how things used to be. Even on the road, part of his motivations for volunteering to scout ahead of the convoy is to see if anything remains in the ruins. One of his hobbies is as a sketch artist, making writing materials incredibly valuable to him, and he has a knack for being able to look at a landmark and conceptualize it as it used to be. He is somewhat superstitious about ghosts and the dead, and he believes those killed during the cataclysm still wander the streets, and may aid or cause malice to those who trespass on their dead lands.

As a combatant, Trent keeps a level head and has conditioned himself to ignore the feeling that he might die, positively reinforcing the idea that he'll survive if he does what has to be done. Because of this, he's less cowed by suppressing fire, and if a creature is giving chase, he's able to think on the fly of how to get out of harm's way. While he's hardly a leader, he is an excellent team player and has the utmost faith in his group to watch each other's backs and listen to commands. While he used to be emotionally shaken after a fight, death's become such a familiar part of life that all that remains after most encounters is shaky hands and an emotional numbness. Despite his ability to kill without question, he still resents the loss of life, viewing every human somewhat as a pillar that's keeping the roof from caving in. He believes that civilization will never truly recover if people don't get their act together and focus on mutual threats instead of killing each other, although he's not holding his breath.

Off duty, Trent is sociable and likes to be around people, or at least within eyeshot. He does sketches for people as gifts and he often volunteers to help with food preparation, especially if he was the one to bring in game for the night. One of his favorite activities is the camp fire gatherings and the stories that usually come with it.

Backstory: Hailing from a family of hunters, Trent has raised by his father Joe and uncle Tom to be able to track and hunt game as means to barter with the rest of the community of Last Eden and to give the family something extra when the community rations were scarce. Trent never knew his mother well, as she was taken by an illness before his 5th birthday, although he knew the effect it had on his father, who always seemed to be sombre on most days, and Trent was always eager to please his father, knowing that they only really had each other and uncle Tom, even though all three of the Blackwood family had a good relationship with their community.

Trent was only six when he took his first deer, although he had helped snare and clean rabbits and skunks for a year prior, a memory he'd always hold dearly due to it being the first time he could recall his family being proud of his accomplishments. After the animal was cleaned and dismembered for food preparation and bartering, Trent was given his larger portion (as was custom for those who harvested the animal), and bartered the bones and several strips of the meat for a variety of things, including boxes of ammunition and a few tattered travel and outdoors magazines with various merchants. After several years of this, Trent eventually bought his first rifle, one of the exceedingly common Moisin-Nagants that even around a century after being manufactured were easily obtained due to their huge numbers pre-Breach years.

When the government began to start controlling more aspects of life in Last Eden, one of the first things to change was the government forcing the Blackwoods to turn in their harvests to the government in return for a modest fee, not enough to make ends meet on its own any longer. Being left with little other choice, the now 17-year old Trent joined Last Eden's military forces and was assigned as a scout due to his experience and reputation as a hunter. For the next several years, Trent served dutifully, although the increasing restrictions and controls placed on the populace of the government started causing widespread discontentment, and it wasn't look before Trent eventually agreed to join one of the caravans that was going to make an escape. While he regrets leaving his father and uncle behind, he did manage to take the time to talk to them and say goodbye before leaving Last Eden hopefully forever. Trent's future is one of his own making, and he'd rather die than return to what was quickly becoming a slave's existence.

Fear: Being left behind, as well as being eaten alive.

Anything else?:

-Trent is not much of a smoker or a drinker, although he wouldn't refuse either if offered.

-The TAR-21 was obtained on one of his scouting missions in an embattled town between various groups. He had looted it, along with several other valuable supplies, from a group of bandits who were preoccupied with the Radiated Ones.

-While not a fear, Trent is slightly paranoid of eating or drinking irradiated food or water.

-Trent never learned how to drive.

-Trent is fairly literate and is capable of navigating using a map and compass.

-His sidearm is primarily a last-ditch survival weapon, he will use his rifle almost exclusively.

-Depending if he's hunting or fulfilling military duties, he will take either his Moisin-Nagant or TAR-21 with him and leave the other behind in the vehicle.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lostfaith
Note: christmas is keeping me and probably most other people quite occupied.

@Dervish Did not forget you, still need to find the time to read all that properly. Just overflew it so far which means there may only be very small things that may or may not be wrong ;D
The two things I still need to make a final decision on is weither or not it is okay to carry two primary weapons, each used for a different task, when it comes to the weapons themself I need to speak to a couple of people to get a better idea if they are too much in terms of utility for this period of time and if the background justifies having them. I do not know as much about weaponry which means after talking to these people I may need to do some extra research on certain parts or aspects, one example would be if the Mepro 21 reflex sight, Is it something that is exclusively for the military or if it is also used in the civil market? And if, where. And then comes the price point D: Lots of work to do there >.< So sorry that it is taking a while.

Other than that, a Merry christmas to everybody~

Last edited:
I'll make it easy for you, since I physically own those two rifles. :)

A civilian TAR-21, as of this year, is usually between $2400 to $2700, depending where you're buying from. Other than being semi-auto only, it's exactly the same as the military builds and it has been increasing in popularity since it was introduced on the civilian market back around 2007. Since there's other sheets with military weapons, I figured it would be a decent choice and something that's common for a civilian to get his or her hands on.

Mepro 21s are absolutely civilian legal! You can get most military optics legally. Mepros are about $550, which is a lot less than the ~$1000 you would expect to spend on an EOtech or a ACOG.

Moisin Nagants are obscenely common; I bought mine for $220, which is a hell of a lot less than my Lee Enfield, which I got for around $400. Basically, the Soviets mass produced millions of Moisins and SKS rifles and after they were both phased out, they had an insane surplus that Russia has been selling off since the 90s as sporting rifles to just get rid of them. Because of that, they're usually found for a lot cheaper than a rifle of similar quality is.

That said, I'm totally fine with changing it! I wanted to run it by you first, and I figured common civilian firearms could feasibly be owned by most people. I picked the TAR because I'm familiar with how it actually operates and shoots, and .223 ammunition is incredibly common and cheap. Likewise, a Moisin is cheap, easy to find, and the ammunition is cheap and common.

If you're still not happy with my character swapping between two rifles at the convoy for what's largely story-telling purposes (I just wouldn't want to try to hunt medium game with a .223, and I wouldn't want to be in a gunfight with something that was made in the 1940s with a really small magazine and slow rate of fire), I'll propose an SKS as a middle of the road solution. :)

• Thank You
Reactions: White
Status
Not open for further replies.