Rebuilding Humanity (SignUps 3/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#Name
Name: Midnight De Witte
Primary Weapon: Grandpower K100 Semi-Automatic Pistol (with 13 rounds loaded)
Secondary Weapon (If any): Military grade M-26 Taser (with drive stun capability)
Essential Equipment: Advanced first aid kit (contains uncommon items such as several xstat syringes, epinephrine autoinjectors, and various medications), two box magazines of 9x19mm ammunition containing 17 rounds each, and an automated external defibrilator with three sets of pads.
Non-Essential Equipment: Ragged, worn medical pocket dictionary, notebook and pencil.
What does this character contribute to the Group: Advanced first aid training, medical knowledge, eidetic memory, natural logic / problem solving ability.
Group Section: Technician Department
Appearance: Midnight is underweight and borderline anorexic. She has a gaunt frame and is several inches shorter than average. Her most noticeäble physical trait is her albinism--Her skin is death-white, her hair sharing a similar color. Her eyes are entirely red, the blood behind them being visible due to the lack of pigment. She usually has dark circles under her eyes due to exhaustion. Her hair is long, but usually tied into a ponytail when she's working. Otherwise, she lets it hang loose. She wears white pants, a white undershirt, a white button-up, and a large satchel that contains her first aid kit, AED, one magazine of ammunition, her pocket dictionary, and her notebook. Her other magazine is held in her front shirt pocket. Her GPK100 is holstered on her left, and her M-26 is clipped to her right. She tends to avoid eye contact, often looking to the side or down.
Personality Concept: Midnight is timid around people, especially strangers, and she always errs on the side of caution and shies away from danger. She pays attention to everything around her, trying to take in as much as possible. She has eideitic memory; that is, her brain stores information differently than others. It's impossible for her to forget something, but this means that her thoughts are often rather confused, since she has to wade through a massive quagmire of memory to find anything. Because of this, she's often slow to respond to questions or statements, having to take a moment to remember what she's trying to say. Her dictionary isn't strictly needed; she's already perused its contents and committed every detail to memory, but it has sentimental value for her as the original source of her general knowledge. Her notebook isn't for recording notes to remember later, but rather to pass the time by sketching. Midnight, while not an amazing artist, is decent, and eases her anxiety by drawing. Despite her timidness, she's brave in her own way, being unbothered by blood, gore, or any other ghastly sight, and willing to go to any lengths to save a patient. She dislikes shooting people and tries to only resort to her pistol when necessary, using the taser whenever possible.
Backstory: Midnight's father was a doctor. He was one of the original members of Last Eden, as one of the only experienced medical personnel at first. He passed on one of the last books on medicine he had left to Midnight, a pocket dictionary. She devoured its contents and found anything else she could on first aid, recognizing from a young age that the growing settlement would need doctors. She gathered any medical items she could get her hands on, and managed to gather a fairly comprehensive first aid kit and eventually an AED with a couple years still left on the battery, although the pads needed were harder to get. By the time she was a teenager, she found herself constantly rushing around the settlement helping those who needed help. While she expected her father to be proud of her, he disapproved of her efforts, saying that not everyone was worth saving. Becoming disillusioned of her father, Midnight watched in dismay as he rose in rank to become one of the authority figures of L.E. His daughter was treated no fairer than the rest. Eventually, she joined one of the expeditions heading out because they needed a doctor.
Fear: Algophobia
Anything else: I'm first aid certified and studying to become an emergency medical technician, so I should hopefully be able to play a medic fairly accurately. Just felt like that was worth mentioning.
There are a few things in my mind that I need to ask/say

I remember that I learned sometime in the past that Albinos are very sensitive towards sunlight. I do not know if that is true, if it is not, please give me a reference that explains it properly or explain it to me so I can update this info in my head and learn something new.
If they are sensitive to sunlight though, how is she going to deal with sunny days?

What is the difference between a police grade Tazer and a military grade tazer?
I had a look at a video testing that specific tazer you noted and the police officer that were shot at did basically merely fall down and stayed down for a few seconds before getting back up again. Now I do not remember how exacly tazer work, so I am required to ask if it is really just something to stun the general man/woman for a little and if it is as it would be with the normal tazer that it would just knock the opponent out for a few seconds if they are a lot more muscular, trained.

Algophobia, I suffer under something similiar. I am afraid of pain and therefore am unable to inflict physical harm to myself, such as cutting, etc, even though everything in me burned for it. By the wikipedia entry it says "feeling it while anticipating it". Is the wikipedia entry true? If it is, does it apply to your character?

There are a few things in my mind that I need to ask/say

I remember that I learned sometime in the past that Albinos are very sensitive towards sunlight. I do not know if that is true, if it is not, please give me a reference that explains it properly or explain it to me so I can update this info in my head and learn something new.
If they are sensitive to sunlight though, how is she going to deal with sunny days?

What is the difference between a police grade Tazer and a military grade tazer?
I had a look at a video testing that specific tazer you noted and the police officer that were shot at did basically merely fall down and stayed down for a few seconds before getting back up again. Now I do not remember how exacly tazer work, so I am required to ask if it is really just something to stun the general man/woman for a little and if it is as it would be with the normal tazer that it would just knock the opponent out for a few seconds if they are a lot more muscular, trained.

Algophobia, I suffer under something similiar. I am afraid of pain and therefore am unable to inflict physical harm to myself, such as cutting, etc, even though everything in me burned for it. By the wikipedia entry it says "feeling it while anticipating it". Is the wikipedia entry true? If it is, does it apply to your character?
Albinos are more sensitive to sunlight than usual, yes, because of the lack of pigment in their eyes that normally protects you. I'm heliosensitive myself, so I can say that it's not crippling and you can still function outside on sunny days; it's just that looking up or in the direction of the sun is difficult and painful, so I tend to look down at where I'm walking.

800px-Police_issue_X26_TASER-white.jpg

800px-M26_Taser.jpg
Military grade tasers are more likely to have additions such as drive stun capability or taser cams (Although Midnight's only has drive stun) and are usually brown/grey as opposed to the police blue. The differences are mostly minor, but I specified because it made more sense to have a military issue one because of reasons not listed in the backstory for certain reasons (which I'll pm you about at some point when they become more relevant, or earlier if you wish). Also, military grade tasers look cooler.

Algophobia isn't necessarily a panic attack on contact with pain (like other phobias can be) but more like social anxiety in that it is a constant, and pervading dread that you're going to be injured; basically the normal, healthy, self-protective fear of pain taken to an extreme that can skew decisions and thought processes.

• Thank You
Reactions: White
Albinos are more sensitive to sunlight than usual, yes, because of the lack of pigment in their eyes that normally protects you. I'm heliosensitive myself, so I can say that it's not crippling and you can still function outside on sunny days; it's just that looking up or in the direction of the sun is difficult and painful, so I tend to look down at where I'm walking.

800px-Police_issue_X26_TASER-white.jpg

800px-M26_Taser.jpg
Military grade tasers are more likely to have additions such as drive stun capability or taser cams (Although Midnight's only has drive stun) and are usually brown/grey as opposed to the police blue. The differences are mostly minor, but I specified because it made more sense to have a military issue one because of reasons not listed in the backstory for certain reasons (which I'll pm you about at some point when they become more relevant, or earlier if you wish). Also, military grade tasers look cooler.

Algophobia isn't necessarily a panic attack on contact with pain (like other phobias can be) but more like social anxiety in that it is a constant, and pervading dread that you're going to be injured; basically the normal, healthy, self-protective fear of pain taken to an extreme that can skew decisions and thought processes.
With all that answered I can safely say that your character is approved.
Thank you for taking the time to answer all my questions aaand.

I always love when people bring personal plots around as they deepen the story and defines the world it is playing in more.

Reactions: Valentyne
#Name: Lucas Rodriguez
Primary Weapon: A machete and an axe
Secondary Weapon (If any): FN Five-seven 20-bullet capacity handgun
Essential Equipment: A duffel bag for scavenged tools, a tool bag he straps around his waist, and a canteen for water
Non-Essential Equipment: A photo of his entire family he keeps inside his dad's wallet

Role: Scavenger

Appearance:
Rp0xorK.jpg

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 157lbs

Backstory:
Being 2 years old when the outbreak started, Lucas lived most of his life struggling for survival. But it was not as hard as some experienced since his father, an former air force, always sought out the good for their family. But still, living was a struggle. His father always reminded him that even though things may be not really what they seem, but in order to survive this plague they must be resourceful. Because an idle mind will lead to death. Lucas held these truths until the fated day when he witnessed the death of his entire family.

It is unknown to anyone how his family died, but to Lucas - even at 27 years old - it's as clear as a child's innocent eyes.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
Lucas always carries two more extra clips of ammo with him. Then again, he usually doesn't use them all up in a day.

:3

#Name: Lucas Rodriguez
Primary Weapon: A machete and an axe
Secondary Weapon (If any): FN Five-seven 20-bullet capacity handgun
Essential Equipment: A duffel bag for scavenged tools, a tool bag he straps around his waist, and a canteen for water
Non-Essential Equipment: A photo of his entire family he keeps inside his dad's wallet

Role: Scavenger

Appearance:
Rp0xorK.jpg

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 157lbs

Backstory:
Being 2 years old when the outbreak started, Lucas lived most of his life struggling for survival. But it was not as hard as some experienced since his father, an former air force, always sought out the good for their family. But still, living was a struggle. His father always reminded him that even though things may be not really what they seem, but in order to survive this plague they must be resourceful. Because an idle mind will lead to death. Lucas held these truths until the fated day when he witnessed the death of his entire family.

It is unknown to anyone how his family died, but to Lucas - even at 27 years old - it's as clear as a child's innocent eyes.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
Lucas always carries two more extra clips of ammo with him. Then again, he usually doesn't use them all up in a day.

:3
You dont want to add a personality concept? or the section he is part of?
Scavenger are of the military section.

@Desire

Was it the #name I just added that. <,< *Not good at guessing games.*

Will you read my bio over? I added somethings, and elaborated on others. Just tell me what you think.

Also, will we only be able to carry five the at all times or just for starters? For example say I found a flash light, but I still have all my gear.
Backpacks my friend. You can carry things in your hand if you can bind your gun around you and of course smaller things fit somewhere, such as AMMO.

Short, if you plan to go scavenge properly, make sure to bring a bag :D

Now, how do I attach my media to this? let's see...

[GALLERY=media, 1793]P-AI-R1 by Desire posted Dec 7, 2014 at 12:41 PM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 1794]Catherine Blackheart by Desire posted Dec 7, 2014 at 1:07 PM[/GALLERY]
Note for this one:
-Changed Name
-Changed portrait
Reason: Using the same name and the same picture for a different RP, this is just to prevent difficulties for myself.

Backpacks my friend. You can carry things in your hand if you can bind your gun around you and of course smaller things fit somewhere, such as AMMO.

Short, if you plan to go scavenge properly, make sure to bring a bag :D
Oh okay, I was wondering cause the gun I showed has more attachments on it than I described so I didn't write them down because it was over the item limit.

Barret MRAD .338 Lupa huh? :P Pretty big gun for a 17 year old. Almost as big as the M107a1.

Last edited:
@Desire

Another quick question: since it will be hard to find bullets, could I make conversion kits for people who want to fire flechettes? flechettes are small, fin stabilized darts; are faster (being lighter) and more powerful than conventional bullets (as they fracture into shards upon impact), and are fin-stabilized and fired by a smooth bore barrel.

I could make them into sabot rounds, fire by a sudden release of aerosol gasses. The sabot would then break apart and the dart comprised of refurbished steel could pierce even through body armor.

@xKisses

She said she had some minor detailing she had to do I believe.

I need to move her over from the old OOC, renaming her though. I need to set up the second character still whom is going to be something more... explicit to give the technological situation a logic as this thread is in the sci fi section.

On context of the RP this refers to "near future"....

I will get to adjust the CS of the first and create the second tomorrow before I open the IC.

when are we getting the ball rolling on the rp ?
Tomorrow when I am back from work which is around midday and morning for those living in the US.

Didnt get the chance to today. People kept me too occupied -_-"

I could make them into sabot rounds, fire by a sudden release of aerosol gasses. The sabot would then break apart and the dart comprised of refurbished steel could pierce even through body armor.
Sabots are fucking terrifying in my opinion. I'd be up for it.

@Desire ;
"living in the US" is a little sketchy for a general term; I live along the Pacific shore and my friends in New Jersey have a significantly later time than I.

Sabots are fucking terrifying in my opinion. I'd be up for it.

@Desire ;
"living in the US" is a little sketchy for a general term; I live along the Pacific shore and my friends in New Jersey have a significantly later time than I.
it is why I said midday/morning

The hours should range between four to 8 hours time difference. I will have the thread up in a few hours, which is a few hours late! :(

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/rebuilding-humanity-ic.87220/#post-1762269

Last edited by a moderator:
@Cancerframkall I have stolen your map! I was looking for something like that actually.

OVscLBD.gif

The x Marks where the improvised shelter are, which marks where we are currently going to set up stuffs!
I will update the map whenever we find something new, rifts, settlements, raider camps, labs, etc.

Oh christ, when winter comes we're going to be in for a bad time.

Damn, we moved a long ways from Seattle. XD

But the Skagit River is our source of water. You cant drink from the lake that's near by because of water stagnation. It can cause mosquitoes to breed and reproduce that may lead to dengue.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: White
Status
Not open for further replies.